• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaBoiX

More Reasons to shop at Morrisons said:
jWyD15r.jpg
Happy days.

Reknoc

Happy days.

Morrisons would have to pay me £7 to take that off them. NSMB DS tier. My local one has had Metroid: Other M for that price though, been tempted by it in a morbid curiosity sort of way. A while back I also got Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility and Tenchu 4 from them.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I also want to play Other M for the morbid curiosity. However knowing how off kilter my taste is I'd probably end up liking it.

AND HELL NAW. NSMB2 is nowhere near as bad as the first one. Coin Rush alone makes it vastly superior.

NinjaBoiX

Morrisons would have to pay me £7 to take that off them.
I could trade it on for more than double that. Nintendo games, well, Mario games hold their value incredibly well. I'm pretty sure GAME are charging £32.99 for it pre owned.

I should've bought both copies in hindsight. Fuck it, I'll grab the other one tomorrow and just trade one of them in.

Or just trade them both in for Grid 2...

Also, Other M is a criminal product. Shame on you Reknoc!

Reknoc

I also want to play Other M for the morbid curiosity. However knowing how off kilter my taste is I'd probably end up liking it.

AND HELL NAW. NSMB2 is nowhere near as bad as the first one. Coin Rush alone makes it vastly superior.

Well it's not as bad sure, but it's no NSMBW. It had it's place when there was no other alternative on the 3DS but now DKC:R is out.

anyway fuck shitty 3DS games boards of canada streeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeam http://www.boardsofcanada.com/

I could trade it on for more than double that. Nintendo games, well, Mario games hold their value incredibly well. I'm pretty sure GAME are charging £32.99 for it pre owned.

I should've bought both copies in hindsight. Fuck it, I'll grab the other one tomorrow and just trade one of them in.

Or just trade them both in for Grid 2...

Also, Other M is a criminal product. Shame on you Reknoc!

So they say, but that's why I want to play it!

NinjaBoiX

It's not worth it f0rk, there is no reasoning with the man.

Kent, I couldn't pick one, seriously, there would have to be a joint top 5 or some shit. But Electioneering gets a good shout.

Do me a flavour, and listen to this incredibly loud.

One of the many Radiohead tracks superior to "Creep".
(It's just electric man, that intro sounds like the start of a Wild West gunfight, then it just dives headfirst into three minutes of prime Yorke vocals and Greenwood freakouts. It's barely controlled lunacy, I can't sit still when it's on.)

Now tell me they don't have any other great tracks.

Jed, where is your music thread? I can see a vain throbbing in Musha's temple. I'd make it myself, but, well you know... :/

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
It's not worth it f0rk, there is no reasoning with the man.

Kent, I couldn't pick one, seriously, there would have to be a joint top 5 or some shit. But Electioneering gets a good shout.

Do me a flavour, and listen to this incredibly loud.

One of the many Radiohead tracks superior to "Creep".
(It's just electric man, that intro sounds like the start of a Wild West gunfight, then it just dives headfirst into three minutes of prime Yorke vocals and Greenwood freakouts. It's barely controlled lunacy, I can't sit still when it's on.)

Now tell me they don't have any other great tracks.

Jed, where is your music thread? I can see a vain throbbing in Musha's temple. I'd make it myself, but, well you know... :/

Checking it out. I'l see if it gives me and vibes/feels.

edit, Can't make out the lyrics, the dude is very hard to understand.

for the record i think Radiohead - Lotus Flower is a pretty good track. (until the guy sings) Creep is the only track you can hear the lyrics properly. Its pretty flabbergasting considering how many albums they released trying to top creep.

Volotaire

Other M goes for about 3-4 £ new on ebay sometimes, got mine for 3£ new. Haven't tried it yet, but must be worth a checkout at that price.

SKINNER!

Banned
A sealed Nintendo developed 3DS title for under £10. Things must really be desperate for Iwata and friends. You were barely able to find second hand first party gamecube and Wii titles for under £15 a while ago.

Not long got in from band practise. It was awesome. We did Therapy? - Screamager, Audioslave - Cochise, Pearl Jam - Even Flow, Republica - Ready to Go, Muse - Hysteria, and Foo Fighters - Monkey Wrench. And we pretty much nailed them all. I love my band ^_^

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Not feeling too good

!

So you're saying this is a way to get infinite money...

Volotaire

A sealed Nintendo developed 3DS title for under £10. Things must really be desperate for Iwata and friends. You were barely able to find second hand first party gamecube and Wii titles for under £15 a while ago.

Well not so much for the 3DS in other territories, it's preforming pretty well. Wii U on the other hand....

G8D

Banned
The Wii U isn't really worth buying unless you're really into Nintendo IP and even that's scarce at the moment.

G8D

Banned
Well E3 should be very interesting with the confirmed stuff and strongly rumored stuff as well this year.

With the hardware they're pushing they will need some amazing exclusives (as opposed to rehashed cashcows again) to make any kind of dent.

Volotaire

With the hardware they're pushing they will need some amazing exclusives (as opposed to rehashed cashcows again) to make any kind of dent.

3D Mario U will be damn cool, I mean they're the finest around, this year
Mario kart, more of the same, which will be a bore, this year, but sells
Smash bros will be cool with Namco and possible 3ds connection stuff but not this year
Yoshi Landlooks pretty damn cool, not enough seen and probs not this year
Baynoetta 2 looks rad
Pikmin 3 looks cool, more of the same however
Wonderful 101 looks refreshing
Sonic Lost World looks like Sonic Galaxy Extreme, no bad thing and this year!
X (xeonoblade) probs this year/next year looks rad
FF X SHIN, might not appeal to everyone but cool concept
I'm excited bout Wind Waker U cos I haven't played it

Retro Studios will be the surprise of the show i know, Metorid or New IP

Then they got some casuals Party U and Fit U

Add some other megatons maybe and we're done

Will it sells, who knows, but they're some great games on that list. Depends if you're bored with nintnedo IP , although imo the big entries they try and keep it fresh.

G8D

Banned
3D Mario U will be damn cool, I mean they're the finest around, this year
Mario kart, more of the same, which will be a bore, this year, but sells
Smash bros will be cool with Namco and possible 3ds connection stuff but not this year
Yoshi Landlooks pretty damn cool, not enough seen and probs not this year
Baynoetta 2 looks rad
Pikmin 3 looks cool, more of the same however
Wonderful 101 looks refreshing
Sonic Lost World looks like Sonic Galaxy Extreme, no bad thing and this year!
X (xeonoblade) probs this year/next year looks rad
FF X SHIN, might not appeal to everyone but cool concept
I'm excited bout Wind Waker U cos I haven't played it

Retro Studios will be the surprise of the show i know, Metorid or New IP

Then they got some casuals Party U and Fit U

Add some other megatons maybe and we're done

Will it sells, who knows, but they're some great games on that list. Depends if you're bored with nintnedo IP , although imo the big entries they try and keep it fresh.

None of that really appeals to me as a non-fanboy. I mean Mario Galaxy was fun for a while and I enjoy Mario Kart on the DS and Wii but they're not really reasons to buy a console.
I've also never played a Zelda game so can't get excited about it.

Also am I right in thinking that EA has no plans to bring any of their upcoming titles to Wii U?

I was wrong in my first post about this. The Wii U needs killer exclusive IP and the multi-platform stuff to gain any kind of ground. None of which are necessarily guaranteed.

Volotaire

None of that really appeals to me as a non-fanboy. I mean Mario Galaxy was fun for a while and I enjoy Mario Kart on the DS and Wii but they're not really reasons to buy a console.
I've also never played a Zelda game so can't get excited about it.

Also am I right in thinking that EA has no plans to bring any of their upcoming titles to Wii U?

I was wrong in my first post about this. The Wii U needs killer exclusive IP and the multi-platform stuff to gain any kind of ground. None of which are necessarily guaranteed.

Eh you don't need to be a fanboy to enjoy this stuff, it's kind of diverse in genre.

But yeh it either needs a killer 'Wii Sports' App or hardcore IP, which i think retro will deliver.

EA aren't bringing any support anymore for the foreseeable future.

I think 3D Mario will be a killer app for many gamers , and Smash Bros alone has a huge cult following.

I think they can easily make a 3DS turnaround, but a monster turnaround, I'm not sure.

In the UK, i doubt this thing will sell at all.

Suairyu

Banned
Stuck recovering at my parents' with no games. Have resorted to buying GTA Vice City for Android. It better control as well as Smoky and Jedeye say or I'll beat my two ninety nine out of them.

Morning!

Are there any electricians or people that know about fuse boxes in BritGAF?

Yesterday The living room Sky box wasn't displaying subtitles so I turned that and the TV off and then off at the plug socket, waited twenty seconds and turned the socked back on, Doing this reboots the box which solves the subtitle issue (I have no idea what causes this in the first place). However the whole bungalow lost power, I shit myself because my PC had been on before looking in the fuse box, a switch had thrown so I reset it and everything was ok apart from the bedroom Sky box, it won't come out of standby.

Does anyone have any idea as why turning off a plug socket and turning it back on would make the fuse box throw a switch?

Morning!

Yesterday The living room Sky box wasn't displaying subtitles so I turned that and the TV off and then off at the plug socket, waited twenty seconds and turned the socked back on, Doing this reboots the box which solves the subtitle issue (I have no idea what causes this in the first place). However the whole bungalow lost power, I shit myself because my PC had been on before looking in the fuse box, a switch had thrown so I reset it and everything was ok apart from the bedroom Sky box, it won't come out of standby.

Does anyone have any idea as why turning off a plug socket and turning it back on would make the fuse box throw a switch?

Sometimes you trip the circuit breaker when there is a power surge. If you live in an old house with old wiring it's likely that the wiring doesn't have the electrical bandwidth for modern electronics so the main circuit is sitting near the breaker level at all times, and when everything turns on it can go over capacity and it will breaker will trip.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Stuck recovering at my parents' with no games. Have resorted to buying GTA Vice City for Android. It better control as well as Smoky and Jedeye say or I'll beat my two ninety nine out of them.

I never said it controlled WELL, but it is completable cos I finished it. Actually, the shooting is maybe a bit too easy now, you're just mowing fools down when you get the hang of it.

SKINNER!

Banned
yes shortz is right, the coolest one is the one that plays by the rules.

pfft, Not even a year in Thailand and you're already accustomed to the guys selling bootleg dvds/games on the street.

Apologies for a sports post but USA beat Germany...at football?! da fuq?!

Sometimes you trip the circuit breaker when there is a power surge. If you live in an old house with old wiring it's likely that the wiring doesn't have the electrical bandwidth for modern electronics so the main circuit is sitting near the breaker level at all times, and when everything turns on it can go over capacity and it will breaker will trip.

Interesting, my property was built in the late 1980's. would what you posted still apply?

Hasney

Luigi's Mansion 2 and Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D are pretty bloody good.

DKC:R was alright. I blasted through it launch weekend so I could go trade it in for Luigi's Mansion 2 if I didn't want to keep it. I didn't and now I have a free Animal Crossing coming just after launch with that So Many Games thingy. Need to find someone who is buying a 3DS or hasn't registered their 3DS now so I can halfsies with them on this new Monster Hunter promotion too.

I just bought something for a friends birthday that's older than they are, which feels a bit weird. I actually go a bit nuts when it's someone I'm close to and it's their birthday, up to 5 items and counting.

NinjaBoiX

Just picked up that other copy of NSMB2, heading into town for my bait, I'll see what I get for them. I'm guessing around £15-£20 each, I should at least double my money.

I might keep one, I'm not sure though, I've got a massive 3DS backlog, it'll probably be sitting there for weeks!
the walking dead season 3 costs 300 baht to buy on those dodgy stalls, fuck dat shit
Awful fucking show, so bad. It started well enough, but by the end of season 3, I was so done.

Snore.

Morning!

J Tourettes would know, he just trained as a sparky. But alas his ban means he is unable to share his wisdom with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom