• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaBoiX

Don't know whether to bother with a company phone (iPhone 5 or S3) or not
My work phone is magnificent. Behold:

Nokia. That's right said:
0C6P2hc.jpg

It really is. It's light as hell, tiny, holds a charge for a full week and best of all, it has a torch! It's so useful in my job.

Also, it bounces in a way modern smartphones just can't quite match.

*other marker pens are available

SKINNER!

Banned
Man, Kiefer Sutherland haters all around me. Didn't expect the Hayter defence force to be this strong. To be fair, if Kojima oven baked a turd I'd probably shower it with praise.

f0rk

It's like, you were already Jack Bauer bro do you really need to be Snake as well? Feels like he's compensating for something

I'm glad Titanfall is coming out on PC
It is pretty funny that Bungie is making the big new shooter for both consoles and ex Infinity Ward are making the big Microsoft exclusive shooter

Man, Kiefer Sutherland haters all around me. Didn't expect the Hayter defence force to be this strong. To be fair, if Kojima oven baked a turd I'd probably shower it with praise.

I'm not over the moon, but I'll just wait and see. Time and time again Kojima's games change vastly in scope and feeling from the first reveal until release. It will be interesting to see how PO turns out.

Saying that I'm not happy with the direction the series has gone in to an extent. Whilst Hideo has established BB with his own line of games, I still yearn for a back to basics MGS with young Snake, which isn't going to happen outside of a remake or prequel (and I'm not holding my breath there). And Hideo wouldn't use lol nanomachines to reverse Old Snakes rapid aging right? (right??)

Hystzen

I think people forget snake is 2 different people , if Solid is going be changed could understand but he changed Big Boss in MGS4.

More hilarious is Hayters twitter he is seriously salty and butthurt he was never fired he was just not approached

Valkyria

Banned
Hi fellow gaffers I have a few more questions regarding to work and maybe someone can help me.

My brother in law has offered me to go to London at the end of the month for searching for a job there. I was wondering if during July and August is harder to find a job in other areas apart for waitress or a hotel job, especially engineering. Here in Spain during summer almost every company stop hiring, so I was wondering if the same applies to UK.

Thanks in advance.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Hi fellow gaffers I have a few more questions regarding to work and maybe someone can help me.

My brother in law has offered me to go to London at the end of the month for searching for a job there. I was wondering if during July and August is harder to find a job in other areas apart for waitress or a hotel job, especially engineering. Here in Spain during summer almost every company stop hiring, so I was wondering if the same applies to UK.

Thanks in advance.

I don't know specifically about London, but generally the UK isn't like Spain in this respect (or for that matter like Paris in August, where nothing happens at all). If there are engineering jobs there, they won't stop hiring just because of the time of year.

f0rk

If you're looking for graduate level positions I imagine (if it's anything like the finance industry) many open July-September so it's a pretty good time to be looking

Valkyria

Banned
I don't know specifically about London, but generally the UK isn't like Spain in this respect (or for that matter like Paris in August, where nothing happens at all). If there are engineering jobs there, they won't stop hiring just because of the time of year.

Yeah I don't know why we do the things how we do it, everything goes on hold, but you still go to work like the rest of the year, just because is summer.

If you're looking for graduate level positions I imagine (if it's anything like the finance industry) many open July-September so it's a pretty good time to be looking

Yeah I'll be looking for graduate or junior positions.

Thanks both of you for the replies.

Hystzen

haha oh microsoft if I don't connect to internet you block gaming but i can watch TV or blu rays...lol it really is a sky box first gaming last

Chinner

Banned
David Hayter hasn't been great since MGS1, and he hasn't been decent since MGS2. Although he is the comfortable norm for most MGS fans, his voice acting as of recent has been pretty bad, so I am happy with this result.

Ideally Kojima should have never let Hayter have the keys to Big Boss, and casted a different voice actor instead.

haha oh microsoft if I don't connect to internet you block gaming but i can watch TV or blu rays...lol it really is a sky box first gaming last

U WOT M8. i can create my fantasy nba team on xbawx one hu gives a shit really?
r u poor or somtin? hu doesnt hav internet lol??

Real talk: I hope Sony doesn't fuck consumers over now too. My PC will get lonely without a peasant system to play with.

Hystzen

U WOT M8. i can create my fantasy nba team on xbawx one hu gives a shit really?
r u poor or somtin? hu doesnt hav internet lol??

Real talk: I hope Sony doesn't fuck consumers over now too. My PC will get lonely without a peasant system to play with.

I'm interested to see how Sony adapt a similar DRM approach (it will happen publishers will want it to happen and can't see Sony telling them to feck off) if it truly doesn't need internet like they keep claiming.

I'm interested to see how Sony adapt a similar DRM approach (it will happen publishers will want it to happen and can't see Sony telling them to feck off) if it truly doesn't need internet like they keep claiming.

At this point I fear the best case scenario will be publishers having the option to put online passes for all multiplayer segments.

Expecting Sony of all the fucking companies in the world to stand up for consumer rights...i mean really. The company that gave us rootkits and buried lik sang.

Spread those arse cheeks lads.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
David Hayter hasn't been great since MGS1, and he hasn't been decent since MGS2. Although he is the comfortable norm for most MGS fans, his voice acting as of recent has been pretty bad, so I am happy with this result.

Ideally Kojima should have never let Hayter have the keys to Big Boss, and casted a different voice actor instead.

I'm of two minds about it - on the one hand you're quite correct and that with the MGS scripts + Hayter's pretty one-note delivery it can be wooden and unintentionally hilarious. But by the end of the series, I had just recontextualised Snake as someone who is just really bad at communicating and that's who he is. Especially in three, I can't tell if they were going for light heartedness or to show his inexperience but he just comes across as charmingly bizarre.

But really, since they changed Big Boss's voice in 4 I have no problem with him being different in 5 too.

NinjaBoiX

So is episode 9 the last of season 3? Seems like a short one.

Also, my housemate through my bedroom wall has his alarm go off every day, every 5 minutes from 7:30am.

He only works weekends.

What the fuck are you doing!

So is episode 9 the last of season 3? Seems like a short one.

Also, my housemate through my bedroom wall has his alarm go off every day, every 5 minutes from 7:30am.

He only works weekends.

What the fuck are you doing!

No there's one more episode, I think the past seasons have ten episodes too.

Punch him.

NinjaBoiX

Punch him.
Violence doesn't solve anything.

Who fancies a giggle this morning?

My favourite part:

Eurogamer said:
"Microsoft Studios will enable you to give your games to friends or trade in your Xbox One games at participating retailers," the company added. "Third party publishers may opt in or out of supporting game resale and may set up business terms or transfer fees with retailers. Microsoft does not receive any compensation as part of this."

This gives publishers more power than ever to control the second hand market, but one wonders if any of them will exercise these draconian options for risk of backlash.

When it comes to loaning games to friends, the rules are a bit pricklier. There won't be fees to transfer a game to a friend's account, but there are two restrictions: "you can only loan a game to someone who has been on your friends list for at least 30 days and each game can only be loaned once." However, publishers can limit these options as well, if they so desire.

SMH.

Edit: I don't know what's going on with that link, it's right, just Android being awkward once again. It's on the front page of Eurogamer if you want to check out the article.

Edit 2:Another good one from EG:

www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-07-microsoft-kills-game-ownership-and-expects-us-to-smile

They are really laying into them! Good, it's horrendous.

Hasney

Ahhhhh, I hope the XBone is dead on arrival pulling shit like that, but I doubt it.

Can't wait to get out of here and get out tonight. Off to a club to get drunk, dance like a prick and probably play a few games of House of the Dead while we do. Can't argue with that.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
I like to chat with friends in the party chat that's only on xbox, so that makes the ps3,4 irrelevant to my personal needs. Microsoft are pioneers in making a great console online experience and will continue on the road to the perfect experience. Paying for xbox live is like paying to use the executive lounge at an airport, Sure you don't need to and you could use alternatives but striving for that perfect experience is what makes life that much better. What ever console/pc we choose we all share the same joy in gaming regardless.

Hasney

Aye, I preferred XBLive to using PSN even with the fee. The level of control they're wanting to exert over the console is rubbing me the wrong way though, yet I can see the PS4 going the same way.

I'll probably stick with my PC/Wii U combo for a long time. Sure, PC has Steam and it's own draconian measures, but getting launch day games for £10-£20 from foreign CD keys is just far too delightful.

Kentpaul

Aye, I preferred XBLive to using PSN even with the fee. The level of control they're wanting to exert over the console is rubbing me the wrong way though, yet I can see the PS4 going the same way.

I'll probably stick with my PC/Wii U combo for a long time. Sure, PC has Steam and it's own draconian measures, but getting launch day games for £10-£20 from foreign CD keys is just far too delightful.

I don't trade in games because i have a job, My internet never goes down because i use Virgin media. I buy games i want brand new on day one because i want to have the best time at the very moment of the titles release.

The xbox one will be great.

NinjaBoiX

Kent, I think you troll for fun sometimes.

"I like to use party chat so PS4 is irrelevant to me."

"Microsoft are pioneers in making a great console online experience and will continue on the road to the perfect experience."

"Paying for Xbox live is like using the executive lounge at an airport."

Seriously?

Edit: "I don't trade in games becuase I have a job."

Um, what? What's the correlation? Are you high already?

Kentpaul

"Microsoft are pioneers in making a great console online experience and will continue on the road to the perfect experience."

Seriously?

Why would i troll ? Every time you sign onto xbox live you see me signed on my xbox enjoying myself. Online console gaming sucked before Microsoft came along with the XBOX.

Everyone else always plays catch up so i choose xbox to get ahead.

I don't trade in games because i have a job, My internet never goes down because i use Virgin media. I buy games i want brand new on day one because i want to have the best time at the very moment of the titles release.

The xbox one will be great.

I've had Virgin Media in two places in completely different parts of the country. It went down at least once in both places for a day. So it does go down.

NinjaBoiX

I was kind of being ironic about trolling Kent, but I've just never seen someone so content with fucking Microsoft!

The main point was "PS4 is irrelevant becuase I like party chat".

1) It's a nice feature, but meh, it's not that important IMO. (of course, I have no friends)

2) There is no way I'd let something like that dictate my console decision.

3) Do you really think PS4 won't have a similar feature?

I am vehemently boycotting Xbox One. It's not the console, or the features, or the games, it's that fucking business model man.

"Hey, consumers, remember when you had rights?"

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
All talk about all these consoles is assumptions right now.
No it's not, microsoft have told us about the awful anti-consumer features

Seriously?

Edit: "I don't trade in games becuase I have a job."

Um, what? What's the correlation? Are you high already?

Just ignore those posts and read his good ones

also paying for xbox live....lol

One of the worst online gaming communities..with no pros or benefits other than being able to USE THE INTERNET (which you already pay for)

Hasney

I'm going to be without 'teh interwebs' for at least a week at the start of this month due to moving and I need to remember to stick my Steam in offline mode. If I had an XBone, I'd be slightly screwed and a little bored.

Plus, does XBox Live have trading cards?! I THINK NOT. Game set and match PC. The trading card thing is weird though. I got a foil card last night from Left 4 Dead 2 and sold it for £20 on the community market. I don't even think L4D2 cost me that much when I bought it.

Kentpaul

No it's not, microsoft have told us about the awful anti-consumer features

Just ignore those posts and read his good ones

also paying for xbox live....lol

One of the worst online gaming communities..with no pros or benefits other than being able to USE THE INTERNET (which you already pay for)

At least xbox live has a community , Sure everyone is bantering and trash talking but fuck I'd take that over the silent wasteland of psn.

I can't believe I'm getting called a troll for having exceptional taste in consoles. I love Microsoft windows and i love Microsoft xbox.

I'm going to be without 'teh interwebs' for at least a week at the start of this month due to moving and I need to remember to stick my Steam in offline mode. If I had an XBone, I'd be slightly screwed and a little bored.

Plus, does XBox Live have trading cards?! I THINK NOT. Game set and match PC. The trading card thing is weird though. I got a foil card last night from Left 4 Dead 2 and sold it for £20 on the community market. I don't even think L4D2 cost me that much when I bought it.

Valves source engine games are a yawn fest. Everyone of there games feel the same yet there fans have the cheek to say that about COD. (True right enough but fuck)

Rubbish King

I cba with the cards, soooo much effort!
At least xbox live has a community , Sure everyone is bantering and trash talking but fuck I'd take that over the silent wasteland of psn.

I can't believe I'm getting called a troll for having exceptional taste in consoles. I love Microsoft windows and i love Microsoft xbox.

Kent, I don't mean to offend you, but you think Black Ops 2 is one of the all time best games ever? Is that legit?

Because if so I think you have the wool pulled over your eyes

I remember you saying that games like terraria are the best as being immersed in a game so your body is like an empty shell is a bad thing, you just have to be able to kill time

I think you have a slightly short sighted view on gaming, there's nothing wrong with that, but you have to remember you are on a gaming enthusiast forum.

Valves source engine games are a yawn fest. Everyone of there games feel the same yet there fans have the cheek to say that about COD. (True right enough but fuck)
L4d2 is a super cheap and cheerful game, you dont have to pay AAA prices, the two arent really comparable...

PC will pretty much always be superior if you have the money, you'd have to be naive to disagree. Tbh if you have the money you would have all consoles, I know I would

Kentpaul

Kent, I don't mean to offend you, but you think Black Ops 2 is one of the all time best games ever? Is that legit?

Because if so I think you have the wool pulled over your eyes

I remember you saying that games like terraria are the best as being immersed in a game so your body is like an empty shell is a bad thing, you just have to be able to kill time

I think you have a slightly short sighted view on gaming, there's nothing wrong with that, but you have to remember you are on a gaming enthusiast forum.

What ever game I'm glued to at the time takes the title for the best game of all time. Because at the time of the posts the game is always on my mind more than any other game.

Its perfectly logical.

Kent is trolling the fuck out of me on Steam.

TRUE OR FALSE?

I told him Kinnect will smell his weed and call the police...

I stopped smoking weed while playing the xbox due to getting tobacco stains on my xbox 360 gaming pad.

Hasney

While I completely disagree anyway, I don't think you could say Team Fortress 2 feels like everything else, could you? Love shoving a baseball in someones face then lobbing a guillotine at them for the sweet free stun crits. I've only logged over 900 hours on that game.... Whoops.

I stopped smoking weed while playing the xbox due to getting tobacco stains on my xbox 360 gaming pad.

Need to get dat black pad

I cba with the cards, soooo much effort!

Leave the game running in the background, alt+tab away to do something else, earn free money. The cards are making me try or come back to games that I haven't already played, which is nice. Never got around to finishing Borderlands 2, but playing it again inspired me to progress it.

Looks like Metro are trying to redeem themselves for that GoT shit by going after XBone too... At least trying to win back NinjaBoiX:

http://metro.co.uk/2013/06/07/xbox-one-and-the-corporate-war-against-consumers-3832082/

NinjaBoiX

Tash, that was a succinct and cogent rebuttal. Well played.

Kent, even if I thought XBone was going to be incredible (which I don't, PS4 is significantly more powerful for a start), I'd refuse to buy it purely to protect my consumer rights.

They are pretty much asking you to bend over and think of England.

Kentpaul

If anything it voids your opinion

Opinions can't be voided as there opinions. Black ops 2 is a smooth 60fps great looking console FPS. It sells great, plays great.

Perfection. (My new gun on blops 2)

967100_467124720048532_1291950654_o.jpg

I'm not a graphics whore but fuck black ops 2 blows me every every second i play it.

Rubbish King

Opinions can't be voided as they're opinions. Black ops 2 is a smooth 60fps great looking console FPS. It sells great, plays great.

Perfection. (My new gun on blops 2)

967100_467124720048532_1291950654_o.jpg

I'm not a graphics whore but fuck black ops 2 blows me every every second i play it.

If people lose their credibility, their opinions can matter less

You're clearly not a graphics whore, because those are so fucking mediocre it's unreal

Essentially you should widen your palette, you cant say that a game is the best if you've only played 4

SKINNER!

Banned
More hilarious is Hayters twitter he is seriously salty and butthurt he was never fired he was just not approached

I don't understand it either. It's not like the Metal Gear franchise was his idea and Kojima with Konami snatched it from him. Hilarious tweets true but Hayter, calm down. Don't burn all your bridges like that if you care so much about the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom