• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
I do notice that every gameplay demonstration ever these days has a bit where an explosion knocks you to the floor, the sound muffles, and you slowly wait as your character gets or is helped to their feet again.

It was cool when COD2 did it that one time.

Everything is cool when cod does it then the entire gaming world copy's for years.

Sony aren't fucking around with the PS4 cooling- the whole of the back of the case is air vents aside from the ports!

Edit: are the extended videos of Killzone/Infamous etc gameplay up yet?

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
They should copy from DICE.

Kill the auto aim.

Make stuff actually blow up.

Focus on team play.

Throw in some vehicles.

Choose where to spawn.

You know, make it better.

There is lots of team based game modes in COD. You do know COD games are good right ? There not shit in the slightest.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Kentpaul, we've never been loyal to anyone. We've been Sega land, PS land, Xbox land, Commodore land, Spectrum land... everywhere but Nintendo land, really.
There was a brief period we were Nintendoland, it's just it faltered before the generation was over. I'm talking the Brain Training/Nintendogs/WiiSports/WiiFit height of popularity.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Really glad I stayed up last night.
same, after last years total bullshit, me and my buddy skyping as we couldn't meet up due to train prices...it was so worth it, both of us had really shit technical problems so we were always behind infront of eachother so when the big announcements came one of us would be like AWWW SHITTTTT whilst the other would be screaming SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP IM BEHIIIND!
guys I just dreamt of musha

we were going clothes shopping and she wanted some new jeans

what does it mean?
did your testical tingle?
r.i.p dead rising :(
Meh, i didnt enjoy one or two that much, it was a cool idea and i took advantage of* the demo for all its worth
What will be interesting to see is that for the first time in my memory we have a console war where one of the options is just factually a bad choice.

Even at the height of 599USDOLLARS, the PS3 was never an outright joke console, just a too-expensive one. The XBOX One is objectively bad for you as a consumer.

I wonder if the resultant flame wars will be one-sided or even non-existent. I haven't seen a single positive remark about the XBOX One on GAF so far.
neither have i other than one particular troll in THIS VERY THREAD
Sony killed it. I couldn't believe my eyes.
same man.. so good
So hyped for the xbox one. Project spark looks so fun.
:lol
wait so Tash is 2.0 and Coldman is 3.0?
nah, I'm my own man.

NinjaBoiX

There is lots of team based game modes in COD. You do know COD games are good right ? There not shit in the slightest.
I never said they were! I just said they should look to DICE for inspiration as far as military FPS's go.

Teamwork, tactical destruction and vehicles > kill steaks, instaspawn and Colin the dog.

SmokyDave

That Nintendo Direct was groundbreaking for me.

It made me think about selling my Wii-U and putting the money towards some sexy new mountain bike wheels. I've never sold a console mid-gen before, but the Wii-U is looking to be a complete dodo.

It made me think about selling my Wii-U and putting the money towards some sexy new mountain bike wheels. I've never sold a console mid-gen before, but the Wii-U is looking to be a complete dodo.

I'd be considering selling the Vita too if Sony gives nothing after Gamescon and Tokyo.

GAF's like an icecream parlour that's not open during the summer.

nintendo..LOL

Insomniac have fucked up again by launching their whimsy looking shooter on the losing console.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

I thought you'd be happy they are making more Mario 3D Land.

Suairyu

Banned
GAF's like an icecream parlour that's not open during the summer.
Best analogy ever.

I mean, I'm sure it's no walk in the park running a forum of this size, but surely after so many years you're able to judge the amount of traffic you'd likely receive during these events and talk with your webhost about arrangements for the period?

Of course, not being someone who runs a forum this size maybe I'm just totally ignorant to some of the logistics of that sort of thing.

Hystzen

GAF being down helped polygon spin that DRM statement from Tretton today to sound way worse then before then it reached other media sites

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
That was a 3DS game though, they are supposed to be following up Mario fucking Galaxy. Easy to see why people are disappointed.
Dave has said he's not a big fan of the Galaxy games but really liked 3DLand.

Too be fair, if 3DWorld is all that Wii U offers him at the moment I wouldn't blame him for considering selling his Wii U for now. Only reason I'd hold off is that no price cut has been confirmed and he got his for a steal.

f0rk

FFXV actually looks pretty interesting
MGS5 is very impressive, not really a fan of the series (feel like I'm stumbling through most of the time) but the implications of the big open levels are cool.
Forza 5 doesn't have weather or night cycle lol
Don Mattrick says "Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity, it's called xbox 360" lolol

Best analogy ever.

I mean, I'm sure it's no walk in the park running a forum of this size, but surely after so many years you're able to judge the amount of traffic you'd likely receive during these events and talk with your webhost about arrangements for the period?

Of course, not being someone who runs a forum this size maybe I'm just totally ignorant to some of the logistics of that sort of thing.

Do you think *SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE* this will be mentioned *ERROR 504* in the documentary?

Volotaire

That was a 3DS game though, they are supposed to be following up Mario fucking Galaxy. Easy to see why people are disappointed.

I was expecting some compromise between 3d and 2d, but didn't expect that. It was in their last iwata Asks for Super mario 3D land.

It'll probably be fun. But I think I was expecting too much from a game that has probably been in development for 2-3 years at most.

Damn that retro potential.

Again DKCR is great!. But I was really expecting a revival reboot of a lost franchise or a new IP. Hope they have 2 teams at Retro.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
orth-bane.gif

Somebody reminded me of this gif today, it gets funnier everytime it loops

f0rk

The kind of fighting game on a handheld sounds awful. It zooms out loads you won't be able to tell where the fuck you are half the time.
Also they will probably fuck up the online

Volotaire

The kind of fighting game on a handheld sounds awful. It zooms out loads you won't be able to tell where the fuck you are half the time.
Also they will probably fuck up the online

Hey I heard the online is pretty solid for 3DS. But yeh the resolution of the screen is a worry. I suppose the Xl will fix the size problem a bit.

Honestly I expect it to be a between Smash for N64 and Melee for gamecube in functionality.

I cannot believe they chose not to show a NEW ZELDA. WTF is with that.

What is with Nintendo lately? I guess they do their own thing, as per usual.

I also guess they don't want to show games that re far out in the future anymore (2 years away), which seems to be the latest trend for their games.

Don Mattrick says "Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity, it's called xbox 360" lolol

The way he says it too in a really smarmy manner. What a tosser.
I doubt there could have been a more "tough shit, deal with it" response.

Everyone seen the Infamous SS gameplay? Looks awesome, especially since I had doubts it would appeal to me at the reveal:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=584501

Volotaire

The way he says it too in a really smarmy manner. What a tosser.
I doubt there could have been a more "tough shit, deal with it" response.

Everyone seen the Infamous SS gameplay? Looks awesome, especially since I had doubts it would appeal to me at the reveal:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=584501

Infamous looks great, having never owned a sony console, I'm in for the PS4. Combination of using PC + Nintendo for the most part I had most of the games I was interested in, but playstation has some amazing exclusives I can't miss out on anymore.

Infamous looks great, having never owned a sony console, I'm in for the PS4. Combination of using PC + Nintendo for the most part I had most of the games I was interested in, but playstation has some amazing exclusives I can't miss out on anymore.

PC and PS3 has been great for me.
I'm thinking PC, PS4, and maybe 3DS for the next few years.

Edit: guide to the new Dualshock 4: very clever demo:
http://www.viddler.com/v/944416f2?secret=82898940

inFamous looks like same old solid inFamous gameplay + gorgeous visuals in a non-shithole environment for a change + enjoyable character dynamics and writing.

Hopefully it's early 2014.

Volotaire

I'm curious about the Gaikai services for streaming PS3 content, I don't want to buy another box for old content, and would rather have it all in one. I would like to know more on the service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom