• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaBoiX

Halo 4 is by far the best game in the franchise IMO.

Faster, prettier, more diverse environments, more weapons/enemies/vehicles, a story I could give two shits about, fantastic mo-cap, it's just so much better. Halo 2 was an improvement no doubt, but I thought 3 was thoroughly underwhelming, I didn't even finish it. The only Halo game I've done that with, I even finished Halo Wars!

Halo 3 multi is still king though, I'd agree with that.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Halo 4 is by far the best game in the franchise IMO.

Faster, prettier, more diverse environments, more weapons/enemies/vehicles, a story I could give two shits about, fantastic mo-cap, it's just so much better. Halo 2 was an improvement no doubt, but I thought 3 was thoroughly underwhelming, I didn't even finish it. The only Halo game I've done that with, I even finished Halo Wars!

Halo 3 multi is still king though, I'd agree with that.

Everyone just uses the long ranged DMR and drops people from across the map. Its not how i remember my good times in halo 2,3 going. It really did change the pace into something else all together. Hats off to them for changing making halo there own.

Suairyu

Banned
Gears of war wasn't really perfected till the third but i see your point.
Thought it was fun but stale. A waste of my time overall, tbh.

I still think Gears 1 has the best campaign. It was designed like PC shooter, with focus on the gunplay and a small but diverse range of enemies, rather than setpieces and pallet swapped variations of the same enemies.

Gears 2 introduced Horde mode though and that was incredible.

NinjaBoiX

Hats off to them for changing making halo there own.
Exactly. It felt like Halo, but a slightly different take. I loved it, I was blown away.

And yeah Suairyu, Gears 1 is the best. Man, first time through, I must have played the Campus Grinder chapter like 10 times! Finished it on all difficulties, and had some fun online. After the first few hours, Gears 3 gets incredible too. I have Judgement sitting there waiting to start too.

Kentpaul

CHEEZMO™;62905651 said:
Gears 3 was the worst.

It was the worse but it also had the most perfected gameplay.

Exactly. It felt like Halo, but a slightly different take. I loved it, I was blown away.

And yeah Suairyu, Gears 1 is the best. Man, first time through, I must have played the Campus Grinder chapter like 10 times! Finished it on all difficulties, and had some fun online. After the first few hours, Gears 3 gets incredible too. I have Judgement sitting there waiting to start too.

I run round like a fool on gears 3 using weapons i used in the first game while people having underground mines firing towards me and I'm like FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Kentpaul

I got pwned on Gears 1 too, but instead of persisting I played something else :p

What else was there at the time ? Going back to COD3 or lost planet or something.

It was a different time for sure. I think back with a fond sense of nostalgia.

Suairyu

Banned
Halo 4 just felt off to me. The huge environments and sandbox gameplay were gone, sacrificed so they could have prettier graphics. Enemy AI felt less intelligent and just more relentless. Whole thing felt more linear.

I don't know. Under the new developers I was hoping for a true evolution of the franchise. Instead I got something that I felt didn't even match the standards already set.

Oh, and a huge gripe: the sound mixing was awful. I have some damn good headphones yet I ultimately had to turn subtitles on. Even with them on, I still often couldn't follow the dialogue. Subtitle font was awful, too, yellow and blocky like old vhs anime fansubs. Whoever is responsible for sound mixing at 343 needs to be fired.

NinjaBoiX

I got pwned on Gears 1 too, but instead of persisting I played something else :p
You should've made yourself the host.

Dat advantage...

Also, I just saw this on the back of a toilet door at work:

A corporate message of the asinine said:
tCSNDvn.jpg
"The art of living", urgh, what horseshit.
WWEb1.png

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Never played Halo 3 online but I thought the SP was just boring as hell.

No, I labelled Bayonetta 2 as a sequel as a rebuttal for Wiseblade saying he didn't understand why others weren't excited for it (and the Wii U as a whole)

I don't get the difference. It's probably going to be an excellent game, and we get so few of these type of game now.

It's not AS exciting as first time round, but you said it yourself: the second go-around is worth it for iteration and polish. It being a sequel shouldn't provoke negative reaction.

As an argument for the Wii U in general, sure. It's lacking.

Infection with friends was so fucking tense.

oHPD0Bj.gif

On another note, I was told yesterday at roller derby practice if I put on a good showing at my first game in two weeks (apparently i've been doing really well in scrimmages), I have a chance to make our team roster for the Euro tournament next month. :O

Kentpaul

dude, edit your post before M$ ask for their moneyhat back!

But yes, that looks sick. Bring on the next gen already! Destiny and MGS5, semen all over my face and chest.

Really got to work my way through the MGS games. The new killzone also looks fucking batshit amazing.

My god guys lifes good

Hasney

MGS5 better get confirmed for PC before release. Right now, it's the only thing that would make me get a PS4 AND I DON'T WANNA SPEND DAT MONEY WHEN IT COULD GO ON BEER.

Hasney

So wait a while after launch. No need to get it (and a PS4) day one.

Yeah, that's what I was planning on doing. I meant confirmed before the release of MGS5 so I don't end up buying a console the same day. I doubt there'll be a price-drop before it comes out unless it gets a big-ass delay.

Other gaming news that's annoying me is the lack of the collectors edition for Saints Row IV PC. I want that dubstep gun.

Kentpaul

If i ever went to amercia i think Seattle would be the perfect place to go.

Dat deadly premonition/twin peaks vibe when you leave for the mountans.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
And sorry if it feels like plugging again, but E3 is like brain food for dumb ideas. So I've made a next-gen game generator to come up with a generic dude-bro game for your Xbox One (and PS4 but MS paid us to shut up about it). I got "Secret Revolution - A heart-wrenching RPG - where you take the law in to your own hands on a spaceship. With a companion app for tablets."
I retweeted your previous link about generic game trailers. Both good stuff Jonathan.

I retweeted your previous link about generic game trailers. Both good stuff Jonathan.

Ta very much! It's good fun making these. Instead of doing proper work.

I was yesterday having a (probably driven by sleep deprivation) bit of an internal crisis that I was getting a creative block and no ideas and was kinda uninspired by E3 because it's generally alright or all the jokes are simple and worried I couldn't think of stuff... head to McDonalds, boom. And it comes together.

SKINNER!

Banned
At £330 from Simplygames right?

GAME were pushing me to lay a £20 deposit to preorder it yesterday.

"When's it out?"
"This fall so like November/ December this year"
"Rrriiiight, Is MGS 5 a launch title?"
"No, its not."
"When's it out?
"This fall so like November/December this year"
"Rrrright"
"It's only out on next gen consoles so that's £20 to preorder a PS4 or Xbone"

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I'll probably get a PS4 but not at launch. Likely this time next year will be the best bet. Another E3 worth of games to look forward to should be more than enough by that point to jump in at a discount price.

It feels weird to be posting on GAF post-E3. Like going back to an old hideout in a zombie movie, after the zombies have attacked.

E3 really revitalized my interest in games. I'm looking forward to 10+ new games, Titanfall (come to PS4!) most of all, across most of the formats.

Kentpaul

It feels weird to be posting on GAF post-E3. Like going back to an old hideout in a zombie movie, after the zombies have attacked.

E3 really revitalized my interest in games. I'm looking forward to 10+ new games, Titanfall (come to PS4!) most of all, across most of the formats.

PORT BEGGING

GAME were pushing me to lay a £20 deposit to preorder it yesterday.

"When's it out?"
"This fall so like November/ December this year"
"Rrriiiight, Is MGS 5 a launch title?"
"No, its not."
"When's it out?
"This fall so like November/December this year"
"Rrrright"
"It's only out on next gen consoles so that's £20 to preorder a PS4 or Xbone"

Aka give us £20 to earn us a little interest for 5 months! Every little helps!

SKINNER!

Banned
Not sure if they're lying about it only being on next-gen or just stupid. It's GAME so it could be either.

True. It was the dude's manager that butted in and said its a next gen console exclusive. Knew he was talking bollocks. Ever since a GAME employee asked me what a Metroid Prime is and on what system its coming out on I never took anything they say seriously. Still, so weird seeing Xbone and Ps4 posters and stands in a place like Tesco so early in the year. Tempted to ask a tesco employee about Xbone's DRM.

Aka give us £20 to earn us a little interest for 5 months! Every little helps!

and good luck seeing that £20 if we ever happen to get into financial trouble again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom