• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
can I be part of the gang? I used to live in south London I've got experience.

Please PM a Resume attached with a video of you beating a guy up in the loo, you will be judged on the lingo you used as you beat him, how you beat him and then where you positioned yourself to do a cheeky line to celebrate your victory

when the division comes out you guys wanna start a football firm within it? we could be the group no messes with.

can we play an interesting game instead

stealth request to point me towards some interesting media for that game because the reveal trailer was laaaaaaaaaaaaaaame

NinjaBoiX

stealth request to point me towards some interesting media for that game because the reveal trailer was laaaaaaaaaaaaaaame
Lame? In what way?

It wasn't exactly bursting with creativity, but it looked fucking gorgeous, and the mechanics and what have you looked solid as a rock. It's just a team based co-op TPS, I'm not sure what you were expecting.

Best game of the show after TitanFall for me. It was the only game that looked truly impressive graphically IMO.

Afternoon BritGAF, I'm back from the not so sunny south coast.

We came back a day early as the weather was shit, and there was nothing to do so we were bored shitless and we were spunking money on stupid shit.

What have I missed?

Lame? In what way?

It wasn't exactly bursting with creativity, but it looked fucking gorgeous, and the mechanics and what have you looked solid as a rock. It's just a team based co-op TPS, I'm not sure what you were expecting.

Best game of the show after TitanFall for me. It was the only game that looked truly impressive graphically IMO.

Something interesting? Something new? B&GE2 Not another game where someone shoots from behind a chest-high wall? Ubisoft's conference was far and away the weakest of the show, because they showed barely anything we didn't already know about, most of what they did show was in CG trailer form, and The Division was the boring icing on the tedium cake.

Not to mention all the completely never-going-to-be-a-real-life-use-case tablet wankery.

But yes, good-looking, sure. But I don't care about that, that's priority number two when it's new game time.

Wiseblade

Lame? In what way?

Titanfall looks good, but X's robots looked more appealing to me. Perhaps not graphically, but I think they look better in motion. It's the ground traversal stuff that interests me about that game.

Let's be clear: if you're gonna make a new IP that riffs on the trends of the last generation in games, Titanfall and Destiny look like the way to do it. I'm super fucking bummed that Titanfall is an Xbone (console) exclusive, because mixing parkour, robots and some snappy FPS multiplayer are making me salivate, and I'm not even anything resembling a CoD fan.

Chinner

Banned
hasn't EA not ruled out titanfall for ps4? I wouldn't fret. I get the impression destiny could be pretty sweet, the walkthrough they did under sells it, I think.

NinjaBoiX

Something interesting? Something new?
Oh right, so you meant it looked boring. Yeah, I can see that.

Just when I hear "lame", I think incapable, sub-par, useless, etc. It might be devoid of imagination, but it also looked incredibly well put together, and a lot of fun.

But yeah, I see your point, it's very "safe".

Edit: and yeah, that tablet stuff looks so pointless!

Wiseblade

Let's be clear: if you're gonna make a new IP that riffs on the trends of the last generation in games, Titanfall and Destiny look like the way to do it. I'm super fucking bummed that Titanfall is an Xbone (console) exclusive, because mixing parkour, robots and some snappy FPS multiplayer are making me salivate, and I'm not even anything resembling a CoD fan.

If wallrunning, jetpacking FPS action turns out to be as fun as it sounds, I'll use Titanfall as the benchmark for my next PC.

Mr. Sam

The Last of Us is probably waiting at home for me. God damn work. Might fake an aneurysm or labour or something.

And since when did Wiseblade post in BritGAF? I've fallen out of the loop.

Hasney

hasn't EA not ruled out titanfall for ps4? I wouldn't fret. I get the impression destiny could be pretty sweet, the walkthrough they did under sells it, I think.

Keep reading it's a year timed exclusive, but I don't know if that's pulled from someone's arse or not.

Oh right, so you meant it looked boring. Yeah, I can see that.

Just when I hear "lame", I think incapable, sub-par, useless, etc. It might be devoid of imagination, but it also looked incredibly well put together, and a lot of fun.

But yeah, I see your point, it's very "safe".

Edit: and yeah, that tablet stuff looks so pointless!

Yeah, plus my criticism was more directing at the demo they showed- the open-world RPG stuff they're touting sounds like it could mix things up, but the demo they showed had none of that, so I'm not really sure what else I can think about it.

I think Watch_Dogs last year was a lot better "one more thing" reveal.

Hasney

Speaking of Watch_Dogs, love the sound of the multiplayer in that if they can pull it off. Not the second screen tablet shit, but the fact that you can have a contract on another random player and then you just appear in their city and have to go hack with them. Then it works like AC's multiplayer where you have to appear to not be a human player or stay out of sight, but they're still going about their single player game with their own missions while you're trying to hack them.

If that's seamless, it's brilliant.

NinjaBoiX

I'm actually totally lukewarm on Watch Dogs now. It looked amazing last year, but this year I was kind of "meh" on it.

Last year's demo was a lot better though, I loved that dialogue in the club, "Oh my god, I love it because its such a horrible idea!" The voice acting was top notch as well.

I dunno, I'm sure it'll be good, but I'm not really that hyped for it at the minute. It looked thoroughly underwhelming graphically after The Division too.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I'm actually totally lukewarm on Watch Dogs now. It looked amazing last year, but this year I was kind of "meh" on it.

Last year's demo was a lot better though, I loved that dialogue in the club, "Oh my god, I love it because its such a horrible idea!" The voice acting was top notch as well.

I dunno, I'm sure it'll be good, but I'm not really that hyped for it at the minute. It looked thoroughly underwhelming graphically after The Division too.

Yeah man, me too. It smells too much like an Ubisoft open world game and all the dull formulaic bullshit that's implied with that. And it's soooo fucking grey. Dullsville.

Speaking of Watch_Dogs, love the sound of the multiplayer in that if they can pull it off. Not the second screen tablet shit, but the fact that you can have a contract on another random player and then you just appear in their city and have to go hack with them. Then it works like AC's multiplayer where you have to appear to not be a human player or stay out of sight, but they're still going about their single player game with their own missions while you're trying to hack them.

If that's seamless, it's brilliant.

One more reason always-online is a good idea :p

8bit

Knows the Score
The Last of Us is probably waiting at home for me. God damn work. Might fake an aneurysm or labour or something.

And since when did Wiseblade post in BritGAF? I've fallen out of the loop.

Lucky! I've been hitting the download link but it's not working yet.

Did find X-COM & Little Big Karting in Playstation Plus though so might mess about a bit with them tonight.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving

It's like GTA multiplayer crossed with battlefield

YOU'RE FUCKING LAME
First time in this thread. Hello everyone!
Welcome chap ^_^
Feel free to fill in the census in the OP

Well it's a timed exclusive, so it's pretty likely it will, we know it's coming to pc

NinjaBoiX

Lucky! I've been hitting the download link but it's not working yet.

Did find X-COM & Little Big Karting in Playstation Plus though so might mess about a bit with them tonight.
Xcom is amazing dude, just make sure you don't have anything else on the back burner, you won't be able to put it down.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Watch Dogs is going to be a bigger disappointment than the first assassins creed. Watch Dogs 2 will be great though.

Kentpaul

So, basically, Watch Dogs will be the new Assassins Creed?

Yes.

Its about to suck then get good then get milked badly, Before it turns fully sour we will see a repeat of the mediocre title AC3. Best fully avoiding any game under Ubisoft to save precious life hours. Mediocre games are worse than truly shit games.

CHEEZMO™;63285931 said:
AC 1 was awesome fuck the haters.

The tap X and jump into hay simulator was horrible.

Hasney

Barring Far Cry 3 and Rayman, of course.

Had an Nvidia GTX 770 in my Amazon basket for the past hour. Might break down and get it in a second...

Kentpaul

Barring Far Cry 3 and Rayman, of course.

Had an Nvidia GTX 770 in my Amazon basket for the past hour. Might break down and get it in a second...

I found farcry 3 very bland, If it was any more bland it would be invisible. I'm not to big on free roam FPS games.

I enjoyed Far Cry 3. I got the dynamic open-world stories you want out of it (my favourite being falling off of a cliff in a jeep, bailing out in mid-air into a pond and having the jeep crash into a nearby group of goons).

Shame the story and its accompanying missions blew ass.

Mr. Sam

Ooh, nearly home time! If The Last of Us isn't there when I get back, tears will be shed.

Edit:

Are we ever getting another Prince of Persia game from Ubisoft? It's been what, three years now? I'd take a sequel to the 2008 game at this point.

The 2008 one being the cell-shaded one? I actually quite liked it.

Are we ever getting another Prince of Persia game from Ubisoft? It's been what, three years now? I'd take a sequel to the 2008 game at this point.

crazy buttocks on a train said there would be one shown at E3, but it seems he was misled. He got Mirror's Edge 2 and World of Tanks right, though.

So probably, yeah.

Suairyu

Banned
CHEEZMO™;63285931 said:
AC 1 was awesome fuck the haters.
Let's not go crazy. It was enjoyable.

Had a ton of flaws and was stupid repetitive. Also did jack shit with its historical setting - it was basically a coat of paint.

That said, it still has the best assassinations of the series.

Kentpaul

I enjoyed Far Cry 3. I got the dynamic open-world stories you want out of it (my favourite being falling off of a cliff in a jeep, bailing out in mid-air into a pond and having the jeep crash into a nearby group of goons).

Shame the story and its accompanying missions blew ass.

This.

At least the elder scrolls games are rewarding when you go exploring.

Suairyu

Banned
I think my least liked parts of FC3 had to be encountering sidequests that just turned out to be "MURDER THESE DOGS YAAAAAY". :/
Are they military dogs?

Because in fairness they actually can't be rehabilitated once their "tour of duty" is over. The only humane thing is to destroy them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom