• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they military dogs?

Because in fairness they actually can't be rehabilitated once their "tour of duty" is over. The only humane thing is to destroy them.

Nah, rabid dogs. Apparently the dog population on FC3's island is out of control despite the fact THEY ARE ALL DISEASED

Currently playing Far Cry 3 after getting it for £5 at Christmas.

On the whole I like it, though it's far from perfect. Missions are very hit and miss in terms of how good they are (more so the later), and side quests are one of like three varieties so feel very same-y. I'd also like a San Andreas type system were your enemies (very occasionally, i.e. not like FC2) attack and attempt to retake outposts you've captured, as the world is quite dull in areas you've completed.

I'm a big fan of how the player moves, the health system, the wildlife, the amount of random shit that occurs, and the gun play is satisfying. With a bit of work, the Ubi could nail it with the next one.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.

On the whole I like it, though it's far from perfect. Missions are very hit and miss in terms of how good they are (more so the later), and side quests are one of like three varieties so feel very same-y. I'd also like a San Andreas type system were your enemies (very occasionally, i.e. not like FC2) attack and attempt to retake outposts you've captured, as the world is quite dull in areas you've completed.

I'm a big fan of how the player moves, the health system, the wildlife, the amount of random shit that occurs, and the gun play is satisfying. With a bit of work, the Ubi could nail it with the next one.

You would think they would have nailed it this time with it being the third in the series... But that's UBI for you, Incapable of ever nailing anything.

http://www.firebox.com/product/5280/Bacon-Salt?via=hp&s=1x1&t=random

I need some bacon salt in my life.

NinjaBoiX

One of the biggest missed opportunities in FC3 was the sliding. It was cool and all that, but gravity should've been more of a factor.

When running down a hill, you should've been able to slide all the way down, capping fools like a pro on the way.

Whenever I slid on a hill and stopped after few metres, I cried a little inside.

Jordan

I think I'm too pedantic.

9TGM12c.png

Yes, queue up to punch me...

8bit

Knows the Score
Xcom is amazing dude, just make sure you don't have anything else on the back burner, you won't be able to put it down.

I've poured many hours into on the PC, was curious how it might work on a console.

TetraxShards said:
Are we ever getting another Prince of Persia game from Ubisoft? It's been what, three years now? I'd take a sequel to the 2008 game at this point.

I rather enjoyed PoP 2008. There was a screenshot of something supposed to be a new PoP last year though, but it looked like bald man angry god of war knockoff.

POP_Zero_2.jpg

http://www.psu.com/a016435/

Jordan

I'm angrier that you didn't call them out for saying that "highly unlikely" = "impossible". Had to take a deep breath after reading that.

I was going to make an ex girlfriend reference, but remembered that my ex could see it - so I thought I best ignore it.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Who are you in this scenario?

Jordan is the one called Jordan

This. I hate in open world games when you takeover the map there are absolutely no enemies left at all. The world becomes dull and boring with nothing left to do. Taking over the outposts was a lot of fun in FC3.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
the real enemies of farcry 3 are the komodo dragons, who never leave.

never.

Crocodiles scared the shit out of me every time I was attacked. The dragons just wouldn't fuck off either.

Suairyu

Banned
Ah, the joy of setting an out of office message.

5 days without phone calls, emails, or anything related to television at all.

Gonna turn my phone off once I arrive in the lakes and be completely unreachable.

the real enemies of farcry 3 are the komodo dragons, who never leave.

never.

I was high up on this ridge yesterday by the north coast on the first island, there's a swamp nearby with abandoned hut, and the whole area is infested with those fuckers.

Two of them chase me to another hut which hugged the clifftop, which I spot and kill. As I wander round the hut and accompanying wooden platform, three more burst on the scene. I foolishly empty my clip into one, and the others zerg rush me. Fortunately on the wooden platform there was a paraglider, and in a true NOPE moment I hopped in and flew away from them. Wildlife>pirates.

Today I walked into a car, tapped it lightly, and died instantly. That pissed me off.

Oh god, the missus recorded some program about Battersea Dog's Home whilst we were away and now she's in tears.

Every time she watches it she cries, why do people do this to themselves?!

Jordan

Bit of a life update as I haven't posted as much.

It's been just over a week I signed up to the gym now - I have been 6 times already, had my induction on Tuesday so I decided to start my programme today. I can do everything he set me but I can't do the damn cross trainer. I didn't have my key to log everything yet, so everything I did today was a bit pointless logging myself but at least I've done it.

Tempted to go swimming straight after work tomorrow and try to build up some muscle in my left knee due to it being undeveloped (causing me some discomfort after quite a bit of jogging)

Beginning to feel a little healthier, haven't noticed a difference yet but I plan to keep going as I'm really enjoying it - it's nice to get out of the house and do something different with my life.

For those interested my programme is (for those interested):
  1. 20 Minutes Treadmill - 1 Minute 6kmph / 2 Minutes 10kmph
  2. 15 Minutes Exercise Bike - Keep above 70
  3. 10 Minutes Cross Trainer
  4. 5 Minutes Hand Exercise Bike (to give my legs a rest)
  5. Intervals on Rowing Machine - 20 Second workout / 10 Second rest - 8 Intervals final distance travelled

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Who is watching big brother ? Im drinking beers, smoking fags and spreadin crackers.

Will be my first time watching this from start to finish.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Bit of a life update as I haven't posted as much.

It's been just over a week I signed up to the gym now - I have been 6 times already, had my induction on Tuesday so I decided to start my programme today. I can do everything he set me but I can't do the damn cross trainer. I didn't have my key to log everything yet, so everything I did today was a bit pointless logging myself but at least I've done it.

Tempted to go swimming straight after work tomorrow and try to build up some muscle in my left knee due to it being undeveloped (causing me some discomfort after quite a bit of jogging)

Beginning to feel a little healthier, haven't noticed a difference yet but I plan to keep going as I'm really enjoying it - it's nice to get out of the house and do something different with my life.

5. Intervals on Rowing Machine - 20 Second workout / 10 Second rest - 8 Intervals final distance travelled

Tashbrooke 2.0

SteveWD40

Just saw Reginald D Hunters show at the Lowry, funny man, never seen an audience census on how many people have seen their own asshole before...

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Who is watching big brother ? Im drinking beers, smoking fags and spreadin crackers.

Will be my first time watching this from start to finish.

AH, didn't even realise it was on, marketing fail. I watched the thing about cats on BBC2 instead. I usually like BB though, and I like the Bit on the Side show even more, Emma Willis would GET IT, as would Alice Levine. Hmmmmm.

NinjaBoiX

AH, didn't even realise it was on, marketing fail. I watched the thing about cats on BBC2 instead. I usually like BB though, and I like the Bit on the Side show even more, Emma Willis would GET IT, as would Alice Levine. Hmmmmm.
Yeah, she is most attractive. Funny you should mention cats, she has that feline look to her eyes, so sexy.
Edit:
Eurogamer headline said:
Right now, Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty isn't coming to Xbox One or Xbox 360
"Oddworld wasn't built on selling out," says Lorne Lanning.
tumblr_m6r9g8X88q1r9etf5o1_500.gif

Lorne Lanning is great.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Eating fruit polos and get 3 yellow ones in a row. I'm in hell.

Because GAME got it to me a day early.

Yes, I got it from GAME. I am ashamed, but I had some points to get rid of and it came with a teeny weeny Isabelle figurine.

Ha, fair enough. I decided to check Club Nintendo and sure enough, it was right there. Woohoo!

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Only just saw this

Dude?! Arent you trying to build muscle mass? This will make you skeletor

How dare you compare me to Tash. I'm deeply offended (no offense Tash)
You think YOU'RE OFFENDED

Chinner

Banned
not for nearly 2 hours.

in the mean time, animal crossing is just the exact same game released. i remember playing it on GC and DS. still bewildered that people buy it, then again people still buy the sims.

Chinner

Banned
i have played it. like ten years ago. i'm just saying its nintendo's sims for babbies who are not yet come around to the idea of human reproduction.

all i'm saying is, and don't take this the wrong way, maybe you guys should play proper games instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom