• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Animal Crossing has never been that different of a game but I still found the DS version fairly fun. It's Nintendo, what do you expect? They find a formula that works and simply continue to reiterate on that same formula until kingdom come. I quit both Pokemon and Animal Crossing after heart gold and wild world. Neither held my interest anymore.

Kind of sad in a way.

Suairyu

Banned
then again people still buy the sims.
You Thai cunt. Each entry in the Sims is a fundamental evolution over the other that makes previous entries seem like stupid, broken toys in comparison.

Which is a lot more than what you can say for Animal Crossing.

Man, I haven't seen the video in aaaaaages

still great

You Thai cunt. Each entry in the Sims is a fundamental evolution over the other that makes previous entries seem like stupid, broken toys in comparison.

Sims 4 hasn't been at E3, I don't think. That's fucking weird, after how hard they pimped SimCity at E3s past.

Also, the Sims = AC comparison has always been the dumbest thing. You can actually fuck up in the Sims, for one.

Wiseblade

How can you...

After you said...

I need to lie down.

NinjaBoiX

I wouldn't often discount a game entirely before playing it, but Animal Crossing looks to me like the height of tedium and utterly banal. The aesthetics would give me a cavity too.

I just couldn't play that game, I'm quite sure of it.

Edit: yes, I'm up shit hot early, got to be at a school for 7. :(

Hasney

Ughhhhh, was up waiting for that shit to download because sleep mode downloads just don't work on my 3DS and now I feel like shit. This is the price I pay for having Animal Crossing for my work dumps today.

Suairyu

Banned
I'm about to board a coach then fall asleep for 5 hours.

When I wake up, I'll be in Birmingham, the worst city in the world, for two hours, before continuing my journey to Lancashire.

There's sex waiting for me in Lancashire.

Everyone should come to Lancashire.

It's better than Animal Crossing.

Hasney

Are... Are you implying that there's sex waiting for all of us there? It's not going to be you tied to a lamppost and your cheeks spread, is it?

Jordan

Only just saw this

Dude?! Arent you trying to build muscle mass? This will make you skeletor

You think YOU'RE OFFENDED

I'm offended for you... or something like that.

I have no stamina at all, so for the first four weeks I am doing this and then I am going to weights and shit to tone up. However, I wish the guy helped me sort my fucking knee first!

Edit: For people with AC, how is it? Tempted to pick up a 3ds xl and AC tonight.

NinjaBoiX

For people with AC, how is it? Tempted to pick up a 3ds xl and AC tonight.
It's apparently excellent, it's getting rave reviews.

I just have to remind myself that it just isn't for me. If I picked it up, I know I'd be bored in minutes, I just can't get into those "pointless" games where you just exist. I got Viva Pinata after rave reviews and wondered what they'd all been smoking.

I don't need explosions and car chases every two minutes, but man, AC looks like a boring way to spend your time.

NinjaBoiX

So, water feature, Corporation and Arctic Monkeys. Man, Sheffield got it goin' on!

And, for one day only, DONKEY SHOW! The crowd goes wild!

Hasney

FUCK TOM NOOK IN HIS SMARMY LAZY FUCKING FACE I CAN'T BE MAYOR UNTIL THIS CUNT OPENS HIS SHOP SO I'M SAT THERE SHITTING FOR NO REASON BECAUSE THE COCK DOESN'T OPEN UNTIL 10 SO FUCK THAT GUY.

NinjaBoiX

I want to grab TLoU today, for a number of reasons:

1) I want to support ND
2) It looks and sounds incredible
3) I want to play it before I get the story spoiled 48hrs after release by some loose lipped gaffer

But I rarely buy games day 1, so I'm in a quandary. I have some stuff to trade, so it wouldn't cost me too much. Hmm...

SmokyDave

Last night I dreamt that the PS4 released on the same weekend as my wedding. Horrifying stuff.

I reckon I'll grab TLOU this weekend, the demo was pretty fucking cool.

8bit

Knows the Score
I started downloading The Last of Us before leaving for work, it estimated at just 3 hours for the download. I hope it included a disk space check before starting as I think I had about 35 Gb free when I last looked as I'll be a little annoyed if it's failed when I get home.

For AC, can you save more than one town on a cart? My son has my old 3DS and I'd like to be able to have seperate towns if possible.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Gotta wait till next month for TLOU since I'm currently a resident of skintsville. Got so many games in my backlog that I don't really mind though. Still have to finish Uncharted 3, State of Decay has me by the balls and I'm still working on KOTOR on my iPad too. I can wait.

Chinner

Banned
You lifted her veil only to find she hadn't fungus growing out of her face didn't you?

he'll lift her veil....

6sBvPAE.jpg

Hasney

1) I want to support ND
3) I want to play it before I get the story spoiled 48hrs after release by some loose lipped gaffer

But I rarely buy games day 1, so I'm in a quandary. I have some stuff to trade, so it wouldn't cost me too much. Hmm...

Looks like it's got a massive save bug at the minute. May as well hold off until it's fixed.

Hi! Welcome to the place where we jabba about crap all day :) Feel free to answer the survey in the OP so we can judge you.

Welcome chap ^_^
Feel free to fill in the census in the OP

Thanks for the welcome.

Where do you live: Preston
Where are you from: Preston
University: UCLAN (MA Magazine Journalism, BSc (Hons) Computer Games Dev
Favourite Sport: Football
Political party of choice: Depends on the time, issues and policy.
Favourite thing on the box: I like Doctor Who, shitty 90s sitcoms and... well to be honest I realised I don't watch much current TV. I watched the first episode of Game of Thrones last night, though.
Favourite crisp flavour: McCoy's Steak, maybe... Out of the classics, Salt & Vinegar.
Favourite biscuit: Chocolate Hobnobs, any sort of chewy cookies.
Favourite Pokemon POST 151: Hmm... well when I play Pokemon I can only remember the first 3 so ... Typhlosion?
Beano or Dandy: Beano (though I frequently read both)... is there no option for Buster?

Census complete.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post, guys!

I started downloading The Last of Us before leaving for work, it estimated at just 3 hours for the download. I hope it included a disk space check before starting as I think I had about 35 Gb free when I last looked as I'll be a little annoyed if it's failed when I get home.

For AC, can you save more than one town on a cart? My son has my old 3DS and I'd like to be able to have seperate towns if possible.

No, only one town on a cart.

I just checked the size and it says 24GB of space required, but that might be the full game or it might mean the game as well as the space required to install it.

TLOU seems to use a different way of installing/playing than other games though. You download and install a smaller client, then you download within the client (and are able to play when it's only 70% done?).

Gotta wait till next month for TLOU since I'm currently a resident of skintsville. Got so many games in my backlog that I don't really mind though. Still have to finish Uncharted 3, State of Decay has me by the balls and I'm still working on KOTOR on my iPad too. I can wait.

I never even dent my backlog. I have got dozens of games unfinished - in some ways unplayed. I buy games and leave them on the shelf. It's weird.

But I just bought TLOU in Argos (WTF @ GAME, HMV, etc having it for £43?!) and I know I'll play it straight away.

What's KOTOR iPad like? It won't run on my OG iPad.

NinjaBoiX

Looks like it's got a massive save bug at the minute. May as well hold off until it's fixed.
Oh really? Thanks man, I'm in the queue as we speak, game in hand. But I still want it! What a pickle.

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure.
Sex is awesome. Its like sticking your cock into a tight vortex of warm wet velvet
tumblr_lk6rdbua3r1qf3c5io1_500.gif

I'm sure you stole that description from me Kent, filthy thief.

Oh really? Thanks man, I'm in the queue as we speak, game in hand. But I still want it! What a pickle.

The bug doesn't seem that big to me. Annoying, for sure, but if you go into it knowing. I think auto-save just doesn't always work so you have to manually save.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.

tumblr_lk6rdbua3r1qf3c5io1_500.gif

I'm sure you stole that description from me Kent, filthy thief.

Considering how good sex is can't be put into words i do my best.

1) I want to support ND

Do it, it's excellent.

Dem feels during the intro :/

Hasney

Hey, a poster is better than the Donkey Kong canvas bag and soft banana keyring I got the last time I bought a physical game.

At least the bag was used by a friend of mine.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I never even dent my backlog. I have got dozens of games unfinished - in some ways unplayed. I buy games and leave them on the shelf. It's weird.

But I just bought TLOU in Argos (WTF @ GAME, HMV, etc having it for £43?!) and I know I'll play it straight away.

What's KOTOR iPad like? It won't run on my OG iPad.

iPad KOTOR is great stuff, runs really well and the touch controls are very solid. I like having a game like this on the go to play on the bus, it's like having a book with me. I'm still pretty early but I'm about to pass where I got to on the old PC version. Can't wait to see where it goes.

iPad KOTOR is great stuff, runs really well and the touch controls are very solid. I like having a game like this on the go to play on the bus, it's like having a book with me. I'm still pretty early but I'm about to pass where I got to on the old PC version. Can't wait to see where it goes.

I think I bought it on the Mac App store when it was on sale for like £2 the other week. I'm guessing PC is still the best place to play it... just like the pick-up-and-play immediacy of the iPad.

Suairyu

Banned
Birmingham is so shitty that even the ice cream factory doesn't work. Pizza Hut dining experience ruined. Somebody isnt getting a tip...

They wouldn't have got one anyway because they work at pizza hut

Mr. Sam

Highstreet retailers have been trying to put themselves out of business like that for a while. I remember walking into GAME and seeing they had the cheek to sell Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary at £40 when its RRP was £30. A few months later, they were advertising it at the 'sale' price of £30.

Basically, fuck GAME. All you do is sell videogames stuff, yet you still fuck it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom