• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Cash money clocking in at minor figures so I'm just hosting a house party with some close friends.

Kentpaul

1013962_475006349254525_1419105142_n.jpg

I didn't know chinner drove a bus.

Kentpaul

I want to grab TLoU today, for a number of reasons:

1) I want to support ND
2) It looks and sounds incredible
3) I want to play it before I get the story spoiled 48hrs after release by some loose lipped gaffer

But I rarely buy games day 1, so I'm in a quandary. I have some stuff to trade, so it wouldn't cost me too much. Hmm...

Why would you support a company who can't even get a save system right ? So many gamers have lost hours worth of gameplay down to that stupid glitch.

What is everyone doing tonight/over the weekend then?

Just back from Man of Steel. Really enjoyable overall. There's some wallbangers and something that purists won't be happy with near the end (I know I wasn't thrilled about it) but I liked it. Worth going to see in a matinee.

Not sure about the rest of the weekend. I've got Attack on Titan to be watching. I've watched very little anime apart from both Fullmetal Alchemist series and a few episodes of Bleach, but I watched the first episode last night and enjoyed it enough to want to continue. I've also got a big stack of books and comics to get through. My aunt gave me some Amazon vouchers and I went a bit nuts.

Coldman has been dead salty recently

It's been a damn good E3, video games are cool again, and so I'm extra sensitive to any one who still needs to resort to cheap shots and "lol I troll you!!", or blatant ego massaging, to get their kicks. Not gonna apologise for that.

Kentpaul

It's been a damn good E3, video games are cool again, and so I'm extra sensitive to any one who still needs to resort to cheap shots and "lol I troll you!!", or blatant ego massaging, to get their kicks. Not gonna apologise for that.

Trolling is the only art to the internet man.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
20130614_161723_zps94beac7a.jpg

Awww shiiiit

Out for best friends birthday tomorrow night. Lots of Animal Crossing and TF2 other than that probably.
Nice! Remember your PARTY HATS

cykci.gif

it was my birthday on wednesday so probably doing something i guess. might go and find a cheap ps2 to buy or something.
Happy (belated) birthday sir
I will be playing The Last Of Us and trying to work up the motivation to go back to work on Monday after ten days off.
lol, good luck sir
CHEEZMO™;63561281 said:
I gotta get up super early tomorrow and try make my way into Doncaster x.x
WHERE ARE MY MINUTES DAMNIT
Just back from Man of Steel. Really enjoyable overall. There's some wallbangers and something that purists won't be happy with near the end (I know I wasn't thrilled about it) but I liked it. Worth going to see in a matinee.

Not sure about the rest of the weekend. I've got Attack on Titan to be watching. I've watched very little anime apart from both Fullmetal Alchemist series and a few episodes of Bleach, but I watched the first episode last night and enjoyed it enough to want to continue. I've also got a big stack of books and comics to get through. My aunt gave me some Amazon vouchers and I went a bit nuts.
I thought GAF said it was shiiiit
Coldman has been dead salty recently
U r salti

I thought GAF said it was shiiiit

GAF is pretty terrible when it comes to movies. There's two possible scenarios when it comes to any movie on GAF (it applies to other mediums as well, but less so):

1. Pre-release hype -> Film enjoyed -> Inevitable backlash -> Inevitable thread with awful title like "I can't believe people like (Insert Name of Movie)"/"How do you justify liking this?" (wow, how brave of you, disliking something on the internet)

2. No pre-release hype -> Film panned -> Box office threads filled with rage/tears/glee -> Appears regularly.

Sounds salty, but it's just the nature of the beast on the internet. I just don't feel entertainment is a sport like a lot of other nerds (and I am pretty nerdy) do. It's why I don't get why people become fanboys. You don't need to justify your likes or purchases. I also don't understand why people go to films they know they won't like. So many times you see posts like "I can't believe I sat through all three of those." I'm not saying the Transformers films are any good, I just wonder why you wouldn't stop after the first one if you didn't like it.

All of the MoS hype on GAF has come across as extremely forced. I think that movie looks good from the trailers (if not exactly what I want out of the character), but a lot of the threads just read like FilmSnobGAF picked it as their mainstream superhero bicycle because it's cool to bag on the Avengers or something.

Not as much wankery as there was for TDKR, but close.

I hope it's a decent gritty reboot of Superman, because let's face it the base character is pretty uninteresting, his costume is shit, and because he's got few weaknesses he is susceptible to increasing the power level of his opponents at every time.

And before you ask, I've never read a single Superman comic book.
riker-deal-with-it.gif

I hope it's a decent gritty reboot of Superman

Decent? Yes. Gritty? Nope. On the whole, it's a very optimistic picture. The colour palette is darker than your average cape movie, but the tone is hopeful.

And if you only read one Superman book (not saying you should, just if you want to dip your toes in), this should be it. It's entirely self-contained, although there are a few in-jokes. It's accessible and interesting:

Superman_Red_Son_1.jpg

f0rk

STAR WARS FUR I'M ROCKING CHEWBACCA

THIS THE GREATEST SHIT IN DA CLUB
SINCE IN DA CLUB
IT'S SO PACKED I MIGHT RIDE AROUND
WITH NO BODYGUARD BACK LIKE PRINCE IN DA CLUB
SHE SAY CAN YOU GET MY FRIENDS IN DA CLUB?
I SAY CAN YOU GET MY BENZ IN DA CLUB?
IF NOT TREAT YOUR FRIENDS LIKE MY BENZ
PARK THEIR ASS OUTSIDE TIL THE EVENING END

Selfish Pizza

Neo Member
Popped in Game after work and traded in a huge stack of old games that were just collecting dust on my shelf.

Got £160 for my trouble, and then picked up a few 3DS games for my new XL. Got Luigi's Mansion, Mario 3D land, and Animal Crossing.

After playing a couple of hours Last of Us last night, and a hour or so of Animal Crossing this evening. I'm just finding both these games really boring so far. And they both have been getting rav reviews. Maybe I'm just getting a little jaded.

Kentpaul

FUCK, GETTING DRUNK WITH FRIENDS IS THE BHEST THING EVER, TALKING GOOD TIMES, LAUGHING ABOUT GOOD TIMES, TALKING THE SHIT AND CHEWING THE FAT

FUCKING LOVE IT

1011914_631205163558896_1950751141_n.png

jimbor

Banned
Popped in Game after work and traded in a huge stack of old games that were just collecting dust on my shelf.

Got £160 for my trouble, and then picked up a few 3DS games for my new XL. Got Luigi's Mansion, Mario 3D land, and Animal Crossing.

After playing a couple of hours Last of Us last night, and a hour or so of Animal Crossing this evening. I'm just finding both these games really boring so far. And they both have been getting rav reviews. Maybe I'm just getting a little jaded.

I agree with TLOU sentiments, Edge has cheapened its ten yet again. I wouldn't go as far to say the game sucks but it's an Edge six at most.

Oh and hello Britgaf!

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Was in GAME today for the first time in a long time since the one nearest me closed down. They have TLoU for £43.
They also have a poster up for the PS4 and it says you can ask the members of staff to see it in action.

Jordan

Few purchases today, photo isn't great quality apologies. I also got New Super Mario Bros 2, but unfortunately it wasn't in stock so I have to go and collect tomorrow. Got the whole lot for £166 :)

Ninj? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
He was sound!
What did he do?
Is it a perma?
Why am I up so bloody late????

Snake?
Snake?!
SNAKKKKKKKKKEEEEE??????!

Just woke up to see my cat had shit in my bathtub, he pebble dashed it good 'n proper...a holocaust shit-splosion.

Leave the door closed to his litter box accidently? "i don't think so" was his reply. He fucking showed me, I am in absolute awe.

Man, I need a 3DS. In the middle of first paycheque skintness, though! Just about afforded TLOU and a Hario Buono.

Should I go for standard or XL, and how likely is a redesign anytime soon?

nickcv

10 days in London and I still didn't find an house.
I'm still staying at my cousins house, but she is in Italy at the moment so it's just me, her flatmate and her cat.

the flatmate is basically never home and whenever he is here he just works. Also he's leaving as well to go to Greece for 2 weeks so I'll be completely alone in the apartment.

did I mention that they don't have internet?
I got my giffgaff sim card yesterday and I finally can at least browse GAF from my cellphone.

today I'll be viewing some other apartments, then I'll have to find something to do at night.

can you guys suggest some place where a person alone can have some fun? No clubs though

Chinner

Banned
okay so i decided to treat myself to a birthday gift. which in retrospect i'm unsure of..

..it was an impulse buy...

i got a vita.

jimbor

Banned
Man, I need a 3DS. In the middle of first paycheque skintness, though! Just about afforded TLOU and a Hario Buono.

Should I go for standard or XL, and how likely is a redesign anytime soon?

I recently bought an XL and it's my favourite purchase for quite some time. My 360 and PS3 haven't been touched in over a month.

10 days in London and I still didn't find an house.
I'm still staying at my cousins house, but she is in Italy at the moment so it's just me, her flatmate and her cat.

the flatmate is basically never home and whenever he is here he just works. Also he's leaving as well to go to Greece for 2 weeks so I'll be completely alone in the apartment.

did I mention that they don't have internet?
I got my giffgaff sim card yesterday and I finally can at least browse GAF from my cellphone.

today I'll be viewing some other apartments, then I'll have to find something to do at night.

can you guys suggest some place where a person alone can have some fun? No clubs though

What area in London are you looking? As for things to do on your own, do you like museums, parks etc? Museums are all free in London so make the most of them, although they do charge for some exhibits. I love just walking around London, particularly the city area, so many amazing old buildings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom