• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
8 fucking pages in a day and a half???? Fuck guys, gimmie a while to catch up here.

See what I mean?

Btw, in case anyone gives a shit, my Mum's wedding yesterday went awesome. The first song I did was ok, I was nervous as fuck and messed up the words a little, but no one noticed. I got out of doing the 2nd song she wanted me to do, and instead I did Sex on Fire with the band and fucking nailed it. Made my Mum very happy.

Also I'm very happy with my new Dad, so much so I've actually started calling him Dad now.

Excellent. Weddings are tough, you tend to get all emotionally worked up before them - a bit the same as funerals. I remember (well, to be truthful, I only vaguely remember - I pretend it is age but actually it was the booze) getting to a wedding in Dublin where I'd been bossed up to perform an original song just for the wedding. Felt a lot less like it after getting the wrong train in London, getting on the wrong ferry at Holyhead and getting a dopy taxi driver who couldn't even find a police station to ask directions. No memory now of where I was supposed to stay, but I stayed with the bride the night before the wedding which caused great amusement to her father who was a great whiskey drinker, and to the opposite of amusement to the groom. One advantage of mobiles having been not yet invented.

Performance went well though. Shit happens, but weddings work out just fine.

Oh bugger. My daughter is getting married in 6 weeks. Gotta do a speech - and also stay relatively sober. That should be interesting.

NinjaBoiX

So I just got Zelda: TPH and Tetris DS for £10 at my local friendly GAME emporium, and what should I find upon booting up Zelda?

NyArwvr.jpg

bishalert06.jpg

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving

PJV3

I've got to say unless there's something interesting, I never go back more than a page when the thread has exploded overnight.

Anyone getting loads of chocolate for easter? Or are you guys waiting until it goes on sale on Monday for next to nothing?

I'm sick of chocolate, I've been binging on kit kat's for a couple of days.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Nice day today. Proves that gaming has its advantages.

Had a mother and (I guess 19-yo) son in today. Enthusiastic craftwork/beading/wirework mother; rather less enthusiastic, though perfectly pleasant son. Until he threw in the line, "bit short of Chaos Emeralds in this shop though" - which could have sounded rude to any other beadshop owner, except I mentioned that some stupid blue hedgehog had come in a couple of hours previous and bought the last of them.

That broke the ice nicely.

Had good conversations with both simultaneously, sold a bunch to the mum, lent a game to the lad (I keep a few under the counter in case) ...

... and now we are his "new favourite shop". Probably for reasons that are fuck all to do with beads, but his Mum's happy to keep bringing him here. More than happy.

Forgot to ask if he is on GAF. If so - Hi there Jake.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I don't fuck with MMO anymore unless they are drop in drop out quick shit. Sorry Tash. It's all the same grind I ain't got time for it. This just in, I hate being atheist I want candy. Jesus seemed a cool enough bloke if he died so I could have a kit kat chunky and Cadbury egg I think I should get them. Forget Easter it's my 23rd year of womb escape day tomorrow.

nickcv

thanks to both of you!

just another thing: is there any website for renting flats that actually let's me look for houses on a specific zone?

Me and my bf were thinking about looking for some flat in the 2nd or 3rd zone, but we don't know exactly which part of the center of london is best, could you give some advice?

quoting myself from last page in case someone else could help me out!

Anyone else play the Fire Emblem Awakening demo? It's pretty fantastic.

i just finished it, the only thing i didn't like was that it didn't last long enough... can't wait for the whole game!

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
I have and he's awesome. He gave me a gift voucher, tea and a pear drop.

You should come to a meet up phi, you can stay at mine.

V kind of you to offer Musha, but I'm not sure the wife would approve.

What you lot should do is have a meetup in Weston-super-Mare. Within 200 yards of the shop there's something like 17 restaurants, 8 nightclubs, 7 pubs, 5 amusement arcades and a fucking awesome pier. Plus a beach.

Even though my clubbing days are long gone I might even be persuaded to keep the shop open late as a respite for Gaffers in need of tea/cake/sympathy (lookin' at you Mike)/reloading of arsenal (you there Kent?) ... may need to lay in a new batch of pear drops though.

Oh, also, 6 sweet shops.

And donkeys.

Hi noffles.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
I really want to go to Weston-super-Mare now and go looking for a bead shop surrounded by nightclubs and restaurants.

It's apparently the most violent street in town. Not that you'd notice during the daytime, or maybe even at night. But, heck, it is a really hard, violent street. So violent that y'know, a couple of months ago someone reported an incident. Once.

About five years ago we had what was reported as a "riot" in town, which turned out to be one guy, one barstool and one window.

Forgot to mention the poledancing place around the corner, and the photostudio through the alley that has an "arrangement" with them.

Wes

venison crêpe
But the man arrested was from Berkshire. Is Rolf living there now?

Apparently. It's only a rumour at the moment as no names confirmed in press yet but I guess as both the age and location fit... some people have put two and two together.

noffles

Banned
That thread EviLore made on gaming side about Bioshock Infinite and how it shouldn't be a shooter is a pretty dangerous place for me. I have problems with his opinions and I really can't be bothered voicing them, because I know I'll end up being a sarcastic dickhead about it and get myself banned.

Urges. They're everywhere.

Mr. Sam

This just in, I hate being atheist I want candy. Jesus seemed a cool enough bloke if he died so I could have a kit kat chunky and Cadbury egg I think I should get them. Forget Easter it's my 23rd year of womb escape day tomorrow.

Being atheist just means you get to do all the holidays involving chocolate and presents and skip the ones that involve not eating for a month or cutting off your foreskin. You're doing it wrong.

Additionally, just buy yourself an Easter egg.

noffles

Banned
Passover just ended for the Jewish population. I hope they enjoyed their chicken liver pate on motza crackers.

(My Dad's girlfriend is Jewish and I get dragged along. The food is disgusting.)

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Not sure if the pool is going to be open...dont want to waste a walk there...
I don't fuck with MMO anymore unless they are drop in drop out quick shit. Sorry Tash. It's all the same grind I ain't got time for it. This just in, I hate being atheist I want candy. Jesus seemed a cool enough bloke if he died so I could have a kit kat chunky and Cadbury egg I think I should get them. Forget Easter it's my 23rd year of womb escape day tomorrow.

GW2 is pretty much a drop in/drop out game

Suairyu

Banned
ugh

dreamt Meadows worked for Nintendo, and GAF was infringing on its patents and so Nintendo (Meadows) told GAF what it could and could not do.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Yay! Bright sunshine! Bring on the bead-loving tourists!

I've got ads in every hotel and caravan park for miles - cost a fortune, but fingers crossed it works.

Morning Brit-GAF! Had a pretty good night eating and pub hopping last night with some coworkers in Sheffield. But my head keeps spinning, head keeps spinning. :S

What y'all got going on for the long weekend?

SKINNER!

Banned
Passover just ended for the Jewish population. I hope they enjoyed their chicken liver pate on motza crackers.

(My Dad's girlfriend is Jewish and I get dragged along. The food is disgusting.)

Anti-Semite.

Morning Brit-GAF! Had a pretty good night eating and pub hopping last night with some coworkers in Sheffield. But my head keeps spinning, head keeps spinning. :S

Working of course! Yeah, our department doesn't take Easter off so I'm working today and Monday. Good thing is that other departments (especially the ones in the US) do take Easter off so hopefully today and Monday won't be super busy.

Took my car in for an MOT, got a tooth filing to get out of the way in the afternoon. Lunch at the most amazing Indian restaurant evaaaar! with my parents in Edinburgh tomorrow afternoon. Planning on beating Bioshock Infinite. Assuming that my air blower arrives then I might take the risk and clean my digital camera too. Don't know if anyone noticed the dust mark on that bioshock pic I posted a couple of days ago...

Little bit of work - going in today to do my radio show (does anyone have an MP3 of Rebecca Black Friday kicking around? Tempted to play that for Good Friday) and then record a pilot, then off to the GF's house for Easter on family business which is only ever slightly weird.

Reknoc

Think I'm gonna end up spending my long weekend feeling sick lol, woke up and I feel awful. As I knew I would when I kept waking up last night because everytime something left my quilt it felt arctic.

Wanted to go into town to see if HMV had restocked the Wii Us as well :(

Still down in Wales. Spending today visiting friends, going out in Newport tonight, no idea what tomorrow holds, but driving back to London Sunday and heading out Sunday night clubbing.

Motza ball soup dawg! I've celebrated Passover a couple times with my Jewish cousins when I was younger and it was just to get a little tipsy off the wine they served us. xD
Working of course! Yeah, our department doesn't take Easter off so I'm working today and Monday. Good thing is that other departments (especially the ones in the US) do take Easter off so hopefully today and Monday won't be super busy.

Took my car in for an MOT, got a tooth filing to get out of the way in the afternoon. Lunch at the most amazing Indian restaurant evaaaar! with my parents in Edinburgh tomorrow afternoon. Planning on beating Bioshock Infinite. Assuming the my air blower arrives then I might take the risk and clean my digital camera too. Don't know if anyone noticed the dust mark on that bioshock pic I posted a couple of days ago...

Laaaame, everyone should take Easter off... except for the places I need to go to. >__> I'm so glad I don't work in retail anymore. Bioshock Infinite is definitely on my plate for things to do this weekend as well. But first, off to Manchester!

Little bit of work - going in today to do my radio show (does anyone have an MP3 of Rebecca Black Friday kicking around? Tempted to play that for Good Friday) and then record a pilot, then off to the GF's house for Easter on family business which is only ever slightly weird.

165.460x325.jpg

Still down in Wales. Spending today visiting friends, going out in Newport tonight, no idea what tomorrow holds, but driving back to London Sunday and heading out Sunday night clubbing.

Easter clubbing! Last year, I was at my niece's christening in Middlesbrough and the reception was at the local pub where the family drank the night away. Most interesting Easter ever.

Think I'm gonna end up spending my long weekend feeling sick lol, woke up and I feel awful. As I knew I would when I kept waking up last night because everytime something left my quilt it felt arctic.

Wanted to go into town to see if HMV had restocked the Wii Us as well :(

Are they flying off the shelves now? :O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom