• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikeside

Alpha Protocol is painful to play. There is a good game in there somewhere but it's buried in a mountain of shit. I want to like this game. I want to enjoy it, but the game is fighting me the whole time. And it just froze when I tried to turn on a TV.

This is exactly how I feel about it, but I managed to put up with the shit and get through it.
I wish Obsidian had managed to get rid of the bugs and jank - it'd be fucking fantastic with a bit more polish and a fix-up.

Suairyu

Banned
Added baked beans, chilli, and curry powder to the left over bolognese. Ghetto transformation from Italian to Mexican.

Fueled by the power of the vodka.

thegregster101

Neo Member
Where are you from: Devon
University: College
Favourite Sport: foootey
Political party of choice: Which ever as the hottest deals!
Favourite thing on the box: Sherlock
Favourite crisp flavour: Prawn cocktail
Favourite biscuit: Bourbons
Favourite Pokemon POST 151: Bulbasaur
Beano or Dandy: Beano

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Alpha Protocol is painful to play. There is a good game in there somewhere but it's buried in a mountain of shit. I want to like this game. I want to enjoy it, but the game is fighting me the whole time. And it just froze when I tried to turn on a TV.

It's fuckin shit. I spent an entire week trying to play it and didn't get out of the first mission hub area thing in Saudi or whatever. Literally gave me a headache every time I tried to play it. Broken janktaclar wank.

Jordan

I like you already... Welcome to BritGAF - do not let Tash touch you inappropriately, Musha will mother you and everybody else will love you :)

Mikeside

Hello gregster, welcome to the area of the internet where we post about the things we decide to post about.
I hope you decide to post about things that you want to post about in here, just like we do!

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Greg's/was my irl buddy, but he is new to GAF and enjoys gamz, so I recommended he join the site, but he needs to learn the ropes and shit, innit

Be nice to him, he has guns

Danj

Dude what? I thought you were like 22, hahaha.

Moving house today BritGAF. :( I'm excited but the only issue is that my room is still currently occupied by a student who is staying there until the last day of his rent, so I have to sleep in my mate's room. -.-

Yeah, I turned 35 last month, had a night out in London with some friends. I posted in here about it at the time, actually.

Speaking of moving house, I'm having to do that pretty soon (August) so today I sent out a bunch of enquiries to estate agents via RightMove about rental properties in Cambridge.

Jordan

bm4vGYR.png

This made me chuckle a little bit. I miss games like this!

8bit

Knows the Score
Oooh, a multi-quote button!

I loved Alpha Protocol, the only real problem I had was the fight with Brayko but otherwise I had a great time. It was one of the few games of the last few years that delivered exactly what I wanted from it. Steven Heck was a highlight too.

Yeah after using it today I'm starting to dislike how spread out everything is.

Just finished Journey. Fantastic game? Experience? Trip? It was somewhere between those, awesome nontheless.

I was hugely disappointed with Journey after Flower. Flower was a beautiful experience the likes of which I hadn't had since Rez. Should I go back to it?

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
We've had multi-quote for a while. Just click the plus button.

NinjaBoiX

I look like this guy meet chums:

Hi GAF, this is me, giving a thumbs up fail. :/

I'm off down the seafront with some of the lads to see my mate's band play at the amphitheatre. Weather is pretty good, the band are cool (well the lads are, I've never heard them yet, welp) and the crowd should be decent. Happy days.

Designated driver though, so I'll have to keep the merriment in check!
We're in the pub now, some random cat has just joined us for a beer.
pub cat said:

Haha, fair enough. Win8 makes better use of SSDs but if I hadn't already been on that OS I'd likely hang off for Win 8.1.

Yeah I have heard that Windows 8 is able to use SSD's better, I've just got Windows 7 and programs on my SSD and I have a 2Tb Seagate Barracuda for my games, music and pictures. The Barracuda seems faster now than when it was my Windows drive.

Jordan

I got really really bored this evening and started playing some Black Ops 2 with an ex work colleague... Everybody in the game was talking utter bollocks in the lobby about how they were so good - so I decided to play a troll styled game using pistol only... Needless to say, they got absolutely fucking destroyed and I was wetting myself!

Creating the videos now, hope I can get them on YT or something - would be pretty neat to show you guys

Is it just me, or are most American comics just a bit shit?

It's probably you. Lots of good stuff out there right now.

Current series worth trying:
Hawkeye
Avengers Arena (and the previous series, Avengers Academy)
X-Factor (current writer has been on for 100+ issues, but it's been a great journey)
Daredevil (Mark Waid run)
Saga
The Manhattan Projects
East of West
Chew
Five Ghosts: The Haunting of Fabian Gray
Deathmatch
Five Weapons
The Unwritten
Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye and Robots In Disguise (by far the best TF comics since the 80's Marvel UK run)

Suairyu

Banned
Guys I could be wrong but I read that as comics as in comedians.

And the answer to that is "it's not just you; the Americans are are couple of decades behind us in terms of humour."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom