• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCRS

Banned
That's actually the first nice tattoo I have seen. Most of them are just tacky as hell as evident from that thread..

Talents

Banned
Might as well post
Where do you live: Essex
Where are you from: Essex
University: Not yet since I'm only 17 but I probably will go to Uni.
Favourite Sport: Martial Arts
Political party of choice: Labour
Favourite thing on the box: Not really into TV
Favourite crisp flavour: Walkers Pickled Onion
Favourite biscuit: Oreo
Favourite Pokemon POST 151: Never really liked Pokemon
Beano or Dandy: Never really liked comics when I was younger

Might as well post

Hello fellow Essex resident, where in Essex are you?

Suairyu

Banned
iPzVLDQEGaeoe.gif

Can WiiU hurry up and be a decent platform (or hit bargain bin price) so I can get this game already?

It's still not quite a killer app (sequel to a 3DS game), but it does look bloody fun.

Also, I did some investigating and saw the trailer for the Wonderful 101 (to appease whoever it was that got angry at me last time, Mikeside I think)
Yeah, it looks good and fun and if I had a WiiU I'd get it, but I still wouldn't buy one for it.

BUT

This does mean one thing:
The list of "would get if I had a WiiU" titles are definitely growing. That's positive. Right now, the only "would get a WiiU for" title in the making (for me, at least) is X. Maybe Bayo 2 as well, maybe. Needs a few more titles of that level (assuming when released it actually turns out to be good).

I mean, I do want to clarify that I don't dislike traditional Nintendo games. They never stopped being fun. I play every Zelda, I enjoy even the getting-tired-now New Super Mario Bros titles. It's just I can't justify getting a whole system just for them, you know? I played the shit out of Tetris DS, New Super Mario Bros, Pokémon etc. etc. on the DS, but it took two killer apps I couldn't get anywhere else (Phoenix Wright and Trauma Centre), which were unique experiences I'd never had before, to convince me to get the system in the first place.

I want WiiU to be a good platform. Nintendo is just making that really fucking unlikely right now.

Mikeside

Might as well post

Willkommen! Pickled Onion is a mighty fine crisp. What are you going to study at uni if you go?

8bit

Knows the Score
Did anyone bother with the additional 3DS StreetPass games?

I'm especially taken with StreetPass Squad, it's been years since I've played a decent 2D shooter and this is a love letter to that era. It's like a PG Parodius with Miis. And a Future Robot Mario.

cuT0L7J.png

Holy crap, Suairyu's got an avatar again.

Nice tattoo, Musha. My friends are coated in tattoos and have been bugging me to get one but I don't think I will. I think it's latent Irish Catholic guilt, with a little bit of "I can't think of anything I like enough to mark my skin with".

Here's a bit of music. I know nothing about music in general, but I like this:
Walking on Cars - Two Stones

afoni

Banned
Did anyone bother with the additional 3DS StreetPass games?

I'm especially taken with StreetPass Squad, it's been years since I've played a decent 2D shooter and this is a love letter to that era. It's like a PG Parodius with Miis. And a Future Robot Mario.

cuT0L7J.png

I bought Mansion. Nice little puzzle RPG with some inventory management stuff.

I actually love this woman.

Aw, I love you too! And nice tats.

Where do you live: Nottingham
Where are you from: Oxford
University: Undergrad Leeds, Postgrad Nottingham
Favourite Sport: Badminton
Political party of choice: Conservative
Favourite thing on the box: Tom Hiddleston
Favourite crisp flavour: T-Bone Steak Roysters
Favourite biscuit: Chocolate Caramel Digestive
Favourite Pokemon POST 151: Jigglypuff
Beano or Dandy: Neither; The Jason Donovan Annual

Hystzen

Time to look for a phone after my piece of shit is falling apart crappy Blackberry. Gaffer tape will have to hold it for moment no idea how the plastic frame around screen has snapped

afoni

Banned
Yeah, that's quite good too. I'm a bit lost with the garden one and the battle one is ok so far,

You bought the pack? Nah man, fuck paying that much money for a bunch of games that require you to walk about to get anything out of them.

Struggle to justify paying for eShop games, let alone streetpass ones.

On a side note, journalism is cool and all, but having to write for a specific audience makes me feel so limited with what I can do. :(

NinjaBoiX

It's awesome having lots of new members and such, makes the conversation more diverse, but it's important we don't forget out brethren.

So with that in mind, where has Kent been this weekend?

Edit: it was only yesterday afternoon. Crisis averted. I just worry about the crazy eejit you know?

8bit

Knows the Score
You bought the pack? Nah man, fuck paying that much money for a bunch of games that require you to walk about to get anything out of them.

I've got another 3DS in the house. Also had a 5 quid voucher so figured it would be worth using on that.

Tantalus

Neo Member
It's been a while since I've posted in BritGAF, figured I'd introduce myself again.

Where do you live: Moneymore, Norn Iron
Where are you from: Cookstown, Norn Iron
University: University of Ulster Coleraine (kind of. I start in September!)
Favourite Sport: Probably Rugby
Political party of choice: I avoid Irish politics like the plague
Favourite thing on the box: Breaking Bad
Favourite crisp flavour: Cheese n Onion
Favourite biscuit: Chocolate Digestive
Favourite Pokemon POST 151: Umbreon
Beano or Dandy: Beano

Hi everyone. :)

It's awesome having lots of new members and such, makes the conversation more diverse, but it's important we don't forget out brethren.

So with that in mind, where has Kent been this weekend?

Edit: it was only yesterday afternoon. Crisis averted. I just worry about the crazy eejit you know?

I asked earlier where he was, but nobody answered :(

Tantalus

Neo Member
Very jovial in here today. Good vibes, BritGAF.\

EDIT: chocolate digestives and Breaking Bad sound like a winning combination, Tantalus.

You know it man. I've been sitting around for the entirety of this Sunday just munching on McVities digestives and playing my way through Hotline Miami.

Has there ever been a Norn-IronGAF meetup? I'd be up for that if it ever were to happen.

SKINNER!

Banned
Just completed The Last of Us. This game has topped Bioshock 3 in terms of Best Game 2013 so far for me anyway. My emotions fucked around by a video game. Who would've thought such a thing is possible?!

SKINNER!

Banned
ill get past this cunting part eventually

I played it from 10am to 3am without getting stuck until
the part in the tunnel before going into the hospital. Really wanted to beat the game in one sitting but just kept dying over and over and eventually I turned it off and went to bed. There were just too many infected and I had little ammo. Got back to it about an hour ago and sailed through it. I must have been soooo tired.

8bit

Knows the Score
Just completed The Last of Us. This game has topped Bioshock 3 in terms of Best Game 2013 so far for me anyway. My emotions fucked around by a video game. Who would've thought such a thing is possible?!

Just finished it too. Need to digest it a bit, but so good.

Very jovial in here today. Good vibes, BritGAF.\

EDIT: chocolate digestives and Breaking Bad sound like a winning combination, Tantalus.

That video is a bit rubbish, love the original.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vos7MqOf5Yc

Also, this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4O_O1Dn6B6c

SKINNER!

Banned
Just finished it too. Need to digest it a bit, but so good.

Did you shoot the surgeon when you barged into the operating room? I had my gun drawn the second I got in and I spent a good minute completely frozen thinking " Oh God, what do I do?" while looking at the scalpel and then Ellie. Not in a "I'm stuck" kinda way but more of a making the right moral decision kinda way. And then after I shot him and the nurse goes "You monster" I wasn't sure whether to feel bad because I point-blankly shot the surgeon in the head or because I've prevented a vaccine from existing. Either way, it probably didn't matter.
Listening to the soundtrack and reading the prequel comic now. Stunning music.

8bit

Knows the Score
Stunning music.

Oh yeah, music and general ambiance has been a revelation.

By the time I got to the operating table I had already made the decision as I felt Marlene was bullied into it even if she wanted otherwise. So, I didn't feel bad about that.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
tashbrooke needs his ladyfriend on gaf too
I'm pretty sure she couldnt operate a computer if her life depended on it
Not using a rubber and now rohypnol? Poor Mike.
I think you'll find i was the one passed out in the bed, it was like that scene in kevin and perry go large at the houseparty

The last scene with
Hank flicking through the book with "WW" on the front page, then that last flash of Walt, "you got me".
Holy shit, I can't fucking wait!

YES!

Selfish Pizza

Neo Member
Spent most of today and last last night playing The Last of Us, only to find I'm only 69%.

I've been playing it for over 12 hours now, and was so sure I was right near the end. That game is loooooooooonnng!!!

Been enjoying the story and the characters, I just really can't stand the stealth elements. I'm more of a run in and gun type of guy.

NinjaBoiX

I've played depressingly little of TLoU. I played the first hour /just met Ellie) and then let my pal play it. He's been done with it for days, and I'd planned to play it this weekend.

But menial life tasks intervened.

This week, it will happen. I wanna mull it over with you guys at the meet, my pal is ready to throttle me that we can't talk about it yet!

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Oh yeah, music and general ambiance has been a revelation.

By the time I got to the operating table I had already made the decision as I felt Marlene was bullied into it even if she wanted otherwise. So, I didn't feel bad about that.

I loved how brutal the game was when it comes to killing people. It actually gives each kill some meaning and makes it more than just a standard 'videogame kill'. At the end when
Joel Kills Marlene
, I knew it was going to happen but I still went 'oh shit'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom