• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

8bit

Knows the Score
Before I left the UK I was smoking joints pretty much every day. Decided to pack that in when I moved only to find it was freely available in shops on the high street (no pun intended). It's gone back underground and I daresay I could probably find some if I really wanted but I think I'm over that now.

NinjaBoiX

Weed really had a field day with my brain, when I was younger I just used to binge it, ahh man i can pin it down to the exact date where my brain said ENOUGH is ENOUGH, and then DPD came around and a year of horrible anxiety/depression for me

I can smoke it every now and again aslong as I feel good/safe and don't have anything to worry about
DPD?

I honestly don't get any of the anxiety and paranoia that some get, it's just too expensive, and it's becoming too much of a habit. I get agitated if I don't have some to hand, that's not good!

I think I'll be fine, but as Jed and Dave said, I might have to drop down to simply cigarettes to ease the craving.

Edit: that's where I want to be 8bit. I want to think "meh" rather than "YESS!" at the prospect of some green.

excowboy

Hey BritGAF - first post and all that! Thought I'd pitch in on the weed discussion - I quit after a few years of heavy use around 10 years ago and don't miss being stoned at all. Towards the end of regularly smoking I noticed that I was getting more anxiety/paranoia when stoned - nothing serious, but noticeable. Anyway, had a cheeky spliff whilst in Holland last year and immediately felt paranoid, don't think I'll touch it again!

I do think the anxiety stuff really depends on how you're wired and differs from person to person as I've got friends who don't toke regularly but will have a cheeky spliff at a festival or whatever and enjoy it and a friend who smoke 1/2 of skunk a week and is completely fine, does a full weeks work etc etc but I've also got a friend from back then who has full blown schizophrenia and drugs have ruined his life :(

Tantalus

Neo Member
I think that's definitely true about the effects varying from person to person. Most of the people I know who have been smoking for a long time can smoke huge amounts and still talk and joke and have a good time. But as soon as I take a few drags from a joint, I'll go really quiet and not be able to have any input whatsoever because I get too nervous to say anything. It's pretty weird.

Mikeside

Ackk. I feel like I missed a good conversation this morning in here.

To catch up:

John's guitarist is hot as fuck. He's selling her short to you guys because I have dibs.

Weed is bad but oh so fun. I'll quit one day... Maybe... possibly...

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving

To catch up:

John's drummer is hot as fuck. He's selling her short to you guys because I have dibs.

Did Jed get a new drummer?!

or do you mean the guitarist

no angel

I've decided the worst thing about portsmouth is the seagulls. If they shit on my car once more I'm coming in to work with an air rifle.

As with anything I do it's not that perfect (Johnny and Laura keep telling me how much they fucked up but it's not too bad) but I think the sound is really good for this recording and you get to watch our sexy drummer. Plus new songs ahoy!

To catch up:

John's drummer is hot as fuck. He's selling her short to you guys because I have dibs.

Now I really want to meet Jedeye's drummer just to find out if this guy is as hot as a girl.

I can confirm that Jed's drummer is hawt. After I saw them play I sent Jed a pic of my cleavage to give to him.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Did Jed get a new drummer?!

or do you mean the guitarist

Hey here's a pic of Laura for you that you've been asking for:

305834_610916718935931_756590359_n.jpg

:p

Mikeside

Nah, still got the same peeps. Johnny is just a very attractive man. And Laura is Laura and has her own awkward robotic charms.

I was reminded of this when you pm'd me this morning :p

Yeah, I was talking about Laura.
Johnny is a sexual man, but Laura's got that shy, awkward red-haired guitar girl thing goin' on.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Yeah, I was talking about Laura.
Johnny is a sexual man, but Laura's got that shy, awkward red-haired guitar girl thing goin' on.

I just can't look at Laura in that way, she's like a sister to me. A hilariously repressed and awkward sister. She can't say the work 'cock', it's brilliant. Especially since me and Johnny are foulmouthed arseholes. She does hae lovely hair and a naughty streak in her though. And, unfortunately for Mikey, a boyfriend.

Rubbish King

Decided to restart insanity, totally lost the plot towards the end with the meetups on the weekend and the pissups after shifts, the smoking put me out for days so I'm pretty much back to square 1

So i'm starting again now, gotta stop drinking beer, pick up a lighter drink and NO FUCKING CIGARETTES

I'm also going to post my progress in here as when I was discouraged in posting it, I skipped days and shit, atleast when some of you guys took the piss it made me wanna do it more so

INSANITY DAY 1 MOTHERFUCKERS

I've decided the worst thing about portsmouth is the seagulls. If they shit on my car once more I'm coming in to work with an air rifle.

lol, where do you work?

Darren870

Musha, did you get your mom a wedding gift?

Trying to figure out what to get my dad...if I am suppose to get him something. What do you buy a man who has everything?

Can't wait for this shit to be done with.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Decided to restart insanity, totally lost the plot towards the end with the meetups on the weekend and the pissups after shifts, the smoking put me out for days so I'm pretty much back to square 1

So i'm starting again now, gotta stop drinking beer, pick up a lighter drink and NO FUCKING CIGARETTES

I'm also going to post my progress in here as when I was discouraged in posting it, I skipped days and shit, atleast when some of you guys took the piss it made me wanna do it more so

INSANITY DAY 1 MOTHERFUCKERS

lol, where do you work?

DO IT! You have two weeks until the next meet will toss you back off the wagon.

Is there not a more sustainable, low stress workout you could do instead? It seems that the INSANITY OR NOTHING regime is a bit too hard to keep up indefinitely.

Rubbish King

DO IT! You have two weeks until the next meet will toss you back off the wagon.

Is there not a more sustainable, low stress workout you could do instead? It seems that the INSANITY OR NOTHING regime is a bit too hard to keep up indefinitely.

Shaun T, the creator of this is actually bringing out a 5 day a week half hour a day exercise program, i will probably switch to this

also at the meetup, i can NOT smoke, im really quitting smoking guys, im fucking set on this shit, and ima need yo' support

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Tash is not a gentleman know for his subtlety Jed. It's all or nothing with that guy!

Indeed, and it's a position I can respect (I am similar, which is why my exercise regime consists of walking to the kitchen for a kitkat and back again). So I'm thinking, shouldn't the ALL be a bit less than it currently is?

Shaun T, the creator of this is actually bringing out a 5 day a week half hour a day exercise program, i will probably switch to this

also at the meetup, i can NOT smoke, im really quitting smoking guys, im fucking set on this shit, and ima need yo' support

I will hold you to this. Or I will get photographic evidence of you breaking your vow. I think it will look like this:

no angel

Have you tried the e-cigarettes? I gave up for 6 months with their help.

(They can't be that good though, I started again)

Trying to figure out what to get my dad...if I am suppose to get him something. What do you buy a man who has everything?

Nope, but they said they just wanted travel vouchers off people. Have you asked your siblings?

afoni

Banned
Cigarettes are disgusting and I have no idea how you can enjoy them.

For me they're for social situations while you're pissed and want a reason to go to the smoking area.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
For me they're for social situations while you're pissed and want a reason to go to the smoking area.
You don't really need to smoke to go to the smoking area. I sometime go there for the "fresh" air and lack of noise.

Jordan

Cigarettes are disgusting and I have no idea how you can enjoy them.

You don't really need to smoke to go to the smoking area. I sometime go there for the "fresh" air and lack of noise.

I have smoking breaks at work and I don't smoke... I don't see how it's fair that people can have like 5-10 breaks a day that don't come out of their hours just because they do something that's bad for their health - So I join them :)

Rubbish King

Holy shit i probably had around for or 6 packs in the relapse but dayuum that workout was like getting water out of a stone, this is going to be a long week

Insanity workout day 1 √

SKINNER!

Banned

Know any of his interests? favourite bands, books, sports, movies? Something sentimental like a cool ornament or something? Tickets to a show that you too could attend? If you're great at a particular craft then you can make him something. I actually prefer gifts like that more than something that can be easily bought...but I'm not your dad...or even a dad (that I'm aware of) so that doesn't matter.

That's what I do. Did curiously try my first cigarette on a night out once. There's that split second where it actually feels quite smooth but it quickly fades away when that cig taste kicks in and I end up coughing like crazy. Probably didn't even smoke it right. Meh, I don't really have any urge to do it properly anyway.

I have smoking breaks at work and I don't smoke... I don't see how it's fair that people can have like 5-10 breaks a day that don't come out of their hours just because they do something that's bad for their health - So I join them :)

My old work colleague used to drag me out with him during smoking breaks. If anyone asked, we were having a meeting. Because we worked on the outskirts of the city the office is surrounded by lovely woodland/foresty parts so if the weather is great we'd go on mini-treks through nature and take about life.

Oh and Tash, if you're looking for a way to avoid the cigarettes during the meetup we could set up a game where we'd all make you do an embarrassing dare if you decide to light one up. This may or may not lure you away from smoking but either way it'll damn well be entertaining for all of us :)

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Oh and Tash, if you're looking for a way to avoid the cigarettes during the meetup we could set up a game where we'd all make you do an embarrassing dare if you decide to light one up. This may or may not lure you away from smoking but either way it'll damn well be entertaining for all of us :)

Tash to be drunkenly snogging a tramp confirmed.

Darren870

Know any of his interests? favourite bands, books, sports, movies? Something sentimental like a cool ornament or something? Tickets to a show that you too could attend? If you're great at a particular craft then you can make him something. I actually prefer gifts like that more than something that can be easily bought...but I'm not your dad...or even a dad (that I'm aware of) so that doesn't matter.

I wish it was that easy! Lets just say he is a bit disconnected from the rest of the world....
I don't even know what makes him smile really.

Sadly, I am almost the same.

NinjaBoiX

A rich man and a poor man are out on a fishing trip. Being the festive period, it's not long before discussion turns to Christmas gifts for their respective SO's.

"So what did you get your wife?" asks the poor man.

"Well I bought her a diamond tiara and a Mercedes Benz convertible." replies the rich man.

"Wow, why did you buy her two presents when they're that extravagant?" inquires the poor man.

"Well if she doesn't like the tiara, she can drive back to the store in her Mercedes and change it." explains the rich man. "So, what about you, what did you buy the wife?"

"Well I bought her a pair of slippers and a dildo." comes the poor man's slightly sheepish reply.

"Oh? Why did you buy two gifts then?" asks the rich man.

"Well if she doesn't like the slippers she can go fuck herself."

Rubbish King

Have you tried the e-cigarettes? I gave up for 6 months with their help.

(They can't be that good though, I started again)
Thanks....for the..advice?

I did use them for a while, when my smoker friends came down, i had it JIC
Indeed, and it's a position I can respect (I am similar, which is why my exercise regime consists of walking to the kitchen for a kitkat and back again). So I'm thinking, shouldn't the ALL be a bit less than it currently is?

I will hold you to this. Or I will get photographic evidence of you breaking your vow. I think it will look like this:
looool

Is that oor Tash is it?

Hawt.

Don mess wit me ninj im fukin ard as fuk

Darren

It's spelt MUM you loon

Funny joke
This was ruined by the fact and absolute CUNNNNNNNT of a man, who is one of those wannabe MAVERICKS who just doesnt give a FUUUCK what anybody thinks, used that joke in such a poor way that I will never find it funny EVER AGAIN

Darren870

Darren870

heh, and I thought I was the only one. Can't go wrong with an itunes voucher I suppose...unless he doesn't do iphones/ipads.

btw, tried your avatar the other night. Alright stuff.

ALRIGHT!?!!?! Just alright!!! Shame...

Should go with that. Congrats on the second marriage...don't spend it all in one place. Put like $3.45 on it..some random amount.

SKINNER!

Banned
ALRIGHT!?!!?! Just alright!!! Shame...

lolol, ok! Wheat beer is great stuff :p Did feel special trying it (not sure if it was the same brand) in Germany for the first time back in Jan. My choices in the weekend weren't so great. It was either that or a couple of bottles of piss water so I definitely made the right choice in the end. Quality over quantity and all that.

Lol. Plus, he can say he made it himself.

Aren't you forget a little someone? She'll be devoed Mr Tash.

I know! How the fuck did you forget Madeleine Albright?

Rubbish King

Ahh man I feel pretty good after the workout, so switched on and focused after the two week spiral of bullshit

but man the workout makes me am cry
Lol. Plus, he can say he made it himself.

Aren't you forget a little someone? She'll be devoed Mr Tash.

She's not going in the pit

but she's not being set free either

Darren870

Nothing better then a good workout. I did kettlebells this morning and man I let out a lot of steam. Killed myself...well almost...

Gonna go for a run in about an hour to finish the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom