• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

afoni

Banned
Fucking awesome, man. I reply Spyro 1 all the time. Have all three on my PSPGO. Spyro is incredible. Insomniac's best work.

I got to Tree Tops and decided I was too out of it to comprehend what the fuck I was doing.

Then I went into a chatroom I regularly visit and tried to talk a 16 year old out of hating herself because I really don't like seeing people in positions where they beg for attention. I don't want people to end up spending what could be the best years of their life on self-loathing, man. I did that and I regret every single moment of it.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
I got to Tree Tops and decided I was too out of it to comprehend what the fuck I was doing.

Then I went into a chatroom I regularly visit and tried to talk a 16 year old out of hating herself because I really don't like seeing people in positions where they beg for attention. I don't want people to end up spending what could be the best years of their life on self-loathing, man. I did that and I regret every single moment of it.

News at 11, our friend afoni hangs around chatrooms wear highschool girls post!

Suairyu

Banned
Tempted by the Spyro trilogy. Do they play well on the PSP? I've found Crash 1 quite fiddly to play.
They play perfect. Spyro games are not complicated. Set L and R to be dodge rolls left and right, then use the analogue nub to simulate L2 and R2 as camera movement.

Though Spyro gave the option to control with analogue on dualshock, I always felt it controlled best with the DPAD.

Bold claim: Run on a PSP, Spyro games look as good as some PS2 games. The art direction and intelligent use of textures is a sight to behold. Running them at high resolution on an emulator, I think they look better than some of the games we got this gen.

If your teens genuinely are "the best years of your life", then kill me now. I'd hate to think life is at its best when you're still a child without financial and legal freedom. I'm 25 and life generally just keeps getting better, even when it has lows.

But good on you for trying to be a nice guy. But a warning, really: I don't think you can actually change much there. We were all teens once. Self-loathing phases are natural. S'long as it doesn't get dangerous (clinical depression etc.) then it's just something they'll learn to deal with and stop hating themselves.

Kentpaul

We could use some of that counselling here, afoni. Way too much adolescent drama up in here.Kentpaul ruins another sociological hypothesis.

I envy the cast. I would storm out after one hurtful comment directed at me.

Big brothers bit on the side is coming on right now for the win.

I better make a dash to the kettle and make a cup of tea for this great night ahead.

They play perfect. Spyro games are not complicated. Set L and R to be dodge rolls left and right, then use the analogue nub to simulate L2 and R2 as camera movement.

Though Spyro gave the option to control with analogue on dualshock, I always felt it controlled best with the DPAD.

Bold claim: Run on a PSP, Spyro games look as good as some PS2 games. The art direction and intelligent use of textures is a sight to behold. Running them at high resolution on an emulator, I think they look better than some of the games we got this gen.

Sounds good. Probably grab them then.
I actually saw some emulator shots a while back of Spyro and I was suitably impressed. Games that go for a more cartoony look, especially from that and the PS2 era hold up better than most games gunning for realism.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Gig was pretty good, the four people that paid to come in thoroughly enjoyed themselves. SHands shaken, zines distributed, CDs sold. Not too bad. Pity the last band though, literally EVERYONE had left by the time they started. Including us...

afoni

Banned
Only two fbi officers then ;)

Man, I ain't got no agenda with any 16 year olds. I just don't like it when people are in shit places in life. I'm secretly sympathetic to this sort of stuff and I hate seeing people feeling shit about their lives and I want to make them realise how cool life can be.

If your teens genuinely are "the best years of your life", then kill me now. I'd hate to think life is at its best when you're still a child without financial and legal freedom. I'm 25 and life generally just keeps getting better, even when it has lows.

But good on you for trying to be a nice guy. But a warning, really: I don't think you can actually change much there. We were all teens once. Self-loathing phases are natural. S'long as it doesn't get dangerous (clinical depression etc.) then it's just something they'll learn to deal with and stop hating themselves.

I guess I'm kind of bias in that sense that I'm only just about to hit 20 and I just don't like seeing other people sending their teenage years as I did. I'm expecting the next year of my life to be the best ever and I really can't wait to move into a place in September with friends for university.

Yeah, I guess I just don't like seeing people sad. I just naturally end up trying to cheer people up.

Gonna go sober up now.

Kentpaul

Man, I ain't got no agenda with any 16 year olds. I just don't like it when people are in shit places in life. I'm secretly sympathetic to this sort of stuff and I hate seeing people feeling shit about their lives and I want to make them realise how cool life can be.

I guess I'm kind of bias in that sense that I'm only just about to hit 20 and I just don't like seeing other people sending their teenage years as I did. I'm expecting the next year of my life to be the best ever and I really can't wait to move into a place in September with friends for university.

Yeah, I guess I just don't like seeing people sad. I just naturally end up trying to cheer people up.

Gonna go sober up now.

Ah your only 19 lol I assume everyone on brit gaf is 30odd until I find out otherwise.

Mikeside

Wow, I think I killed the thread.

We're still buds Kent, that wasn't meant to come off so preachy! I got on my soapbox a bit there. :/

Just the bubble wrap cycle helmet analogy was a bit "WTF"! Kent gonna Kent. ;)

Anyway, who fancies seeing the Arctic Monkeys in October?

Cross post from the AM thread:

Anyone fancy it?

Why the fuck not. Yes, I'll come with you if you still want to?

Kentpaul

Hell yeah I do!

The tickets go on sale next week, so we'll have to get something organised fairly sharp.

Anyone else fancy it? A few of my pals are going too, should be a decent group. Their new stuff is sounding excellent.

The single they have in the charts right now is damn fine.

Kentpaul

So your coming then? Good. (It's not till October Kent, loads of time dude.)

Tash? Jed? Musha? Anyone?

Edit: Shout out to Coldman too! Fancy it brother? Let one of us know it you do.

Lol your some man.

Watching peep show, about to dig into my ciggy doubts. It feels so right.

afoni

Banned
His post history is clear. Maybe the doctor phoned EviLore and warned him that there's a dodgy member on his forum.

Sorry, that was horrible.

SKINNER!

Banned
Damn, just found out I got a flat tyre. Neighbours have had a skip outside their house for a couple of days and I bet I've driven over a nail or something. Gonna have to find a local tyre place and sort it out after work tomorrow.

NinjaBoiX

Morning BritGAF, it's Friday!
God yes, it's been a long week!
Fuck no. Indy shite.
Am I living in some weird alternate universe where the Arctic Monkeys are some cheesy pop band or something? Cheezmo and Hystzen reeled in horror too.

They're cool as fuck man, and absolutely awesome live. You'd think I suggested we go see Nicki Minaj or something! Or Paramore. ;)

(Kent, I'm not going to see Nicki Minaj with you.)

Edit: what about you f0rk? You're a fan right?

Am I living in some weird alternate universe where the Arctic Monkeys are some cheesy pop band or something? Cheezmo and Hystzen reeled in horror too.

They're cool as fuck man, and absolutely awesome live. You'd think I suggested we go see Nicki Minaj or something! Or Paramore. ;)

I do like the Arctic Monkeys, their first album was incredible.

I'm a hard rock/metal guy but my taste can vary depending on my mood, I even listen to Katy Perry or *gasp* Rihanna.

Shoot me now.

Hystzen

I like K-pop so i think my taste in music should not be taken seriously. My ipod is random as fuck metal,classic,hip hop, dubstep, grindcore, pop punk and course K-punk.

NinjaBoiX

I do like the Arctic Monkeys, their first album was incredible.

I'm a hard rock/metal guy but my taste can vary depending on my mood, I even listen to Katy Perry or *gasp* Rihanna.

Shoot me now.
He man, I like me some pop too. Some of Beyoncé's stuff is excellent. Dejavu (however it's spelt) is awesome, that beat is so fly!
I like K-pop so i think my taste in music should not be taken seriously. My ipod is random as fuck metal,classic,hip hop, dubstep, grindcore, pop punk and course K-punk.
Oh, so you were serious about preferring to see Biebs. ;)

Ah well, my Paramore affliction is vindicated it seems. Coolest band ever.

Suairyu

Banned
Woke up with an incredibly tender left wrist. Not sure if I sprained it somehow yesterday or if I slept on it funny.

I tend to use my right, before anyone makes that joke.

SKINNER!

Banned
The big tasty is back on the macdeez menu. You have no valid excuse for not having a decent burger.

Last time I had a McDonalds was last September at the london meetup. If there was a BK nearby I would've went to that instead. Never was a fan of McDonalds even when I was a kid.

Fuck no. Indy shite.

2WgXuA1.gif

Morning all. Going through my youtube favourite videos list and revisited this gem and it got me thinkin'. What's your favourite UK TV adverts? Doesn't have to be gaming related.

BritGAF summed up in a minute: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQh4iRMi5nE

Mikeside

MORNING SLAGS.

So it looks like I have a date tonight and yes, we're going to Wagas. I've made my intentions very clear this time too, so I don't see another debacle like the "Oh this is a date? Lol" of last time.

Going to be entirely upfront and see what happens. Surely transparency can only work in my favour?

Hystzen

Oh, so you were serious about preferring to see Biebs. ;)

Ah well, my Paramore affliction is vindicated it seems. Coolest band ever.

Im not that shit with music taste...honestly i actually never heard a bieb song just when people type baby baby online...pretty sure that is luck of the gods material

I wish Paramore would do more songs like My Heart 3 min + is fucking boss wish they experimented more with it sometimes

MORNING SLAGS.

So it looks like I have a date tonight and yes, we're going to Wagas. I've made my intentions very clear this time too, so I don't see another debacle like the "Oh this is a date? Lol" of last time.

Going to be entirely upfront and see what happens. Surely transparency can only work in my favour?

Congrats, remember don't do a Tash.

P.S morning butt nugget.

NinjaBoiX

Im not that shit with music taste...honestly i actually never heard a bieb song just when people type baby baby online...pretty sure that is luck of the gods material

I wish Paramore would do more songs like My Heart 3 min + is fucking boss wish they experimented more with it sometimes
My Heart is the only track I really can't listen to. Josh's screamo BS at the end is just cheese on toast to me. That's what Hayley is there for Josh, you stick to the fretboard!

The acoustic version on The Final Riot! is pretty sweet though.

MORNING SLAGS.

Where the fuck is the zoo in this plan? :O

And this website is bad for my health: http://throwingmoneyatthescreen.com/wearables/tmnt-hoodie-eng.html

WANT!

Who's the best TMNT? I can never decide. They've all got so many great qualities.

I was always a Mikey man as he rocked my favorite color, was the light hearted one, and dude always rocked the pizza.

I ended up buying one of those black AC3 hoodies that I saw on the site... >__>

41BLh99zArL.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom