• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaBoiX

I was always a Mikey man as he rocked my favorite color, was the light hearted one, and dude always rocked the pizza.

I ended up buying one of those black AC3 hoodies that I saw on the site... >__>

41BLh99zArL.jpg
So fly!

8O

I want one.

Lirlond

I was always a Mikey man as he rocked my favorite color, was the light hearted one, and dude always rocked the pizza.

41BLh99zArL.jpg

I hope your not expecting it to fit like that. And that you ordered a size up. Those black korean mannequins are pinned up the back and designed for small east Asians.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
MORNING SLAGS.

So it looks like I have a date tonight and yes, we're going to Wagas. I've made my intentions very clear this time too, so I don't see another debacle like the "Oh this is a date? Lol" of last time.

Going to be entirely upfront and see what happens. Surely transparency can only work in my favour?

yay! So your charmingly awkward texting worked then? She has absolutely no reason to be surprised when you lunge at her later on then. Good luck fella, you can do it!

Chinner

Banned
So many people at work have this hoodie, lol. At Meadowhall, I saw some guy rocking an MGS4 t-shirt with the Raiden body on the front and back. Nope.

if iwere still in england we could meet up in meadowhall at all saints and buy u so expensive clothing to impress them ladies

MORNING SLAGS.

So it looks like I have a date tonight and yes, we're going to Wagas. I've made my intentions very clear this time too, so I don't see another debacle like the "Oh this is a date? Lol" of last time.

Going to be entirely upfront and see what happens. Surely transparency can only work in my favour?

I cannot believe that worked. Well done. Ignore me then I clearly have no clue about women.

WANT!

Who's the best TMNT? I can never decide. They've all got so many great qualities.

I have a soft spot for Michelangelo, but Raphael was my man. Such a badass.

Mikeside

I cannot believe that worked. Well done. Ignore me then I clearly have no clue about women.

I have a soft spot for Michelangelo, but Raphael was my man. Such a badass.

Join the club. I thought girls were supposed to pick up on the small hints. I almost literally had to say "you're coming on a date with me where I will be making a move on you"

Who knew that girls want guys who take the lead in these matters?

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.

41BLh99zArL.jpg

Its like one of they hoodys amazon sells that look good but when you get one it looks weird as fuck, doesn't fit right and ends up spending all its life hanging up in a closet.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
It's too mainstream and commercial for our Jed.

Do you want to come see Arctic Monkeys Jed? ;)

It's not the commerciality that bothers me, just the high cunts per capita ratio.

And I shall have to turn down the AM show... maybe when their second album come out, but I've really not enjoyed any of their subsequent albums. They used to be spikey!

NinjaBoiX

And I shall have to turn down the AM show... maybe when their second album come out, but I've really not enjoyed any of their subsequent albums. They used to be spikey!
Come on Jed, they're about to release their fifth record in a few months, get with the program! Also, Suck It and See was a bit more croony than their earlier stuff, but the new record sounds wicked, back to their snarky, spikey best. James Ford (Simian Mobile Disco) is back behind the knobs. Aww fuck yeah!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Come on Jed, they're about to release their fifth record in a few months, get with the program! Also, Suck It and See was a bit more croony than their earlier stuff, but the new record sounds wicked, back to their snarky, spikey best. James Ford (Simian Mobile Disco) is back behind the knobs. Aww fuck yeah!

tbh I think that working with Chris Goss kinda hurt their sound (which is ironic since I'm a big fan of that whole desert crew, but he did the same to Eighties Matchbox, sanded off all the wonderful rough edges...). I don't really like the croony thing at all (hated that side project), and the last two albums have bored the crap outta me. I will try and listen to a single later, but they're not grabbing me any more I'm afraid :(

Mikeside

It's not the commerciality that bothers me, just the high cunts per capita ratio.

I loved the spikey first album and the slightly less so, but really enthusiastic second one. After that, it took me a while to gel with their darker, more mellow sound. It's fantastic, though - I think it's kind of like what happens when Arctic Monkeys start listening to The Smiths or The Police.

Mikeside

I've been rocking Do I Wanna Know on my playlist this month.

It's going to be a fucking classy album.

edit: I love the lyrics too - they're angsty in that really Arctic Monkeys way that doesn't feel like a massive cringe-fest.

So have you got the guts?
Been wondering if you're heart's still open
And if so I wanna know what time it shuts
Simmer down and pucker up
I'm sorry to interrupt
It's just I'm constantly on the cusp
Of trying to kiss you
I don't know if you feel the same as I do
We could be together if you wanted to

NinjaBoiX

I've been rocking Do I Wanna Know on my playlist this month.

It's going to be a fucking classy album.

edit: I love the lyrics too - they're angsty in that really Arctic Monkeys way that doesn't feel like a massive cringe-fest.
I <3 Mikeside.

Too many good lyrics, I wouldn't even known where to start!

The Only Ones Who Know is gorgeous (croon mode like, but gorgeous):

"In a foreign place,
The saving grace,
Was a feeling,
That it was her heart that he was stealin',
Or he was ready to impress,
And the fierce excitement,
The eyes are bright,
He couldn't wait to get away,
And I bet the Juliet was just the icing on the cake,
Make no mistake, no,

Well even if somehow we could've,
Shown you the place you wanted,
Well I'm sure you could've make it that bit better on your own,

And I bet she told a million people that she'd stay in touch,
Well all the little promises that don't mean much,
When there's memories to be made,
And I hope your holding hands by new years eve,
She made it far too easy to believe,
That true romance can't be achieved these days,

Well even if somehow we could've,
Shown you the place you wanted,
Well I'm sure you could've make it that bit better on your own,
We are the only ones who know."

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
What was the band that is or are like the monkeys that done a track about chaos in a nightclub queue ?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I know I've been browsing more for that reason, Suairyu.

And I don't agree with Jed often but he is spot on about Arctic Monkeys. They had it an lost it quite some time ago. The few modern tracks I've heard still have nice production and decent bass guitar but the sound is altogether a middling bowl of mush. Sickboy's theory of life in effect. They cannae hack it anymore.
its like the mass effect hoodie
you think you look like
G8FlB4J.jpg

actually looks like shit
I got this back when it first came out. Shittiest quality hoody I've ever owned. Color isn't that dark, more of a flannel light gray, N7 logo and arm stripe bad quality rubber that cracks the first time you bend your arm.

8bit

Knows the Score
I am currently trying to organise server installation in Brazil with a local helpdesk that hardly speaks English and seem to work out of submarines if the phone quality is anything to do with it.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
"Yeah but his bird said 'it's amazing though', so all thats left,
Is the proof that loves not only blind but deaf,"

exactly, amazing song. Spikey. Cutting. Got attitood up the wazoo. Doesn't sound like it's about to nod off into a methodone coma.

One of my favourite ballads of all time.

Actually love this song too. I don't mind some of the ballads if they're mixed in with the goodies. Love the guitar tone on this one.

SmokyDave

Are all of us having dull/stressy work lives right now or something?
I'm just restless. I want to go home and play Hotline Miami.

It's a good job the missus is out tonight because I irritate the tits off her when I'm in a restless mood. I'm like an overgrown child :(

I'm just restless. I want to go home and play Hotline Miami.

It's a good job the missus is out tonight because I irritate the tits off her when I'm in a restless mood. I'm like an overgrown child :(

Do you throw tantrums? My bloke actually throws proper tantrums, throwing stuff on the floor and such when he gets like that.

Mikeside

exactly, amazing song. Spikey. Cutting. Got attitood up the wazoo. Doesn't sound like it's about to nod off into a methodone coma.

Actually love this song too. I don't mind some of the ballads if they're mixed in with the goodies. Love the guitar tone on this one.

See, I love the drugged sound too.

Love is a Laserquest is a great example

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom