• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
God damn, is there any more easily riled up gaming group in the world than HL3 conspiracy nuts? Take the most innocuous meaningless bullshit imaginable, tenuously link it to steam, valve or the number '3' and boom 14 page thread. It's both disturbing and hilarious at the same time.

SmokyDave

Do you throw tantrums? My bloke actually throws proper tantrums, throwing stuff on the floor and such when he gets like that.

Nah, I'm just endlessly tapping or humming or asking her how she is or moaning about not being able to choose a game or writing sentences with lots of 'or' in them.

I do my own head in to be honest.

I can't help it though, I'm terminally BORED.

God damn, is there any more easily riled up gaming group in the world than HL3 conspiracy nuts? Take the most innocuous meaningless bullshit imaginable, tenuously link it to steam, valve or the number '3' and boom 14 page thread. It's both disturbing and hilarious at the same time.
Mental, ain't it. I thought HL2 was fantastic but I can't understand the mental fervour surrounding the idea of a sequel. It'll inevitably disappoint whenever it arrives because people have so much invested in it. It's either going to be the best game ever, or the worst.

Mikeside

Nah, I'm just endlessly tapping or humming or asking her how she is or moaning about not being able to choose a game or writing sentences with lots of 'or' in them.

Its Friday night soon. Go and get wrecked in a dingy club!

SmokyDave

Its Friday night soon. Go and get wrecked in a dingy club!

Nah, the good lady's out on the piss so I'm going to take the opportunity to do some bike maintenance in the front room, followed by gaming in my underwear. I want to get some beers in but I've got to be up early for a ride tomorrow, so we'll see.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

This is why I 'need' herbal assistance. Helps my attention span significantly.

Mental, ain't it. I thought HL2 was fantastic but I can't understand the mental fervour surrounding the idea of a sequel. It'll inevitably disappoint whenever it arrives because people have so much invested in it. It's either going to be the best game ever, or the worst.

The problem is that Ep2 was SO GOOD and ended on a ridiculous cliffhanger with the promise of more to come soon. So when there is no more to come, and the characters that we've grown attached to are left in limbo it's a bit of a kick in the balls. I think Valve are so wrapped up in thinking they need to move the gameplay forward that they've forgotten a significant portion of their audience just wants the story to move forward. Shit, they could make a CoD clone where they wrap up the story and I'd be happy.

SmokyDave

My restlessness is infectious. Now everyone's restless and we're going to leave half an hour early today. Fucking score.

This is why I 'need' herbal assistance. Helps my attention span significantly.
Yeah, I'm thinking I might indulge a little this evening. We shall see.

The problem is that Ep2 was SO GOOD and ended on a ridiculous cliffhanger with the promise of more to come soon. So when there is no more to come, and the characters that we've grown attached to are left in limbo it's a bit of a kick in the balls. I think Valve are so wrapped up in thinking they need to move the gameplay forward that they've forgotten a significant portion of their audience just wants the story to move forward. Shit, they could make a CoD clone where they wrap up the story and I'd be happy.
Yeah, I get that, I spose.

Let's all play some L4D2 tonight.
Hotline Miami for me, I reckon. That, or GoW: Ascension, which I still haven't got around to starting.

NinjaBoiX

Yeah, I'm thinking I might indulge a little this evening. We shall see.
Still got like a quarter of the 20 bag I bought on Monday Dave. I'm quite chuffed with that, that's about a third of what I'd usually use.

Weekend splurge though! Got a Q lined up. Obviously not all for me, it's a house Q if you like. ;)

Also, I stink of man sweat today. I need a shower so bad.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Still got like a quarter of the 20 bag I bought on Monday Dave. I'm quite chuffed with that, that's about a third of what I'd usually use.

Weekend splurge though! Got a Q lined up. Obviously not all for me, it's a house Q if you like. ;)

Also, I stink of man sweat today. I need a shower so bad.

Me too, but it's all for me and the mrs :) aw yeah

edit: btw, how much does a 7g Q set you back in your area? Real expensive down here, everyone only sells 'high grade' so you're looking at £70 Qs.

NinjaBoiX

Me too, but it's all for me and the mrs :) aw yeah

edit: btw, how much does a 7g Q set you back in your area? Real expensive down here, everyone only sells 'high grade' so you're looking at £70 Qs.
I pay £60 for a Q, £110 for a half.

But my dealer wuvs me. Those are friend prices. ;)

SteveWD40

Was the Korean in the TF2 Surgery sim dlc debunked then? I was starting to believe...

Valves "people work on what they like" policy could kill HL3, no one wants that pressure.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Was the Korean in the TF2 Surgery sim dlc debunked then? I was starting to believe...

Valves "people work on what they like" policy could kill HL3, no one wants that pressure.

The irony being that if I worked at Valve, HL3 would be the ONLY thing I'd be interested in working on. They're a great studio but damn they slow.

Mikeside

Oh shit am I double booked?

Casey wins on physical human contact but Candice is getting good odds from the bookies to not stand me up.

I'll let you know in an hour Musha?

Bonus points if you promise to talk sexy at me while we play.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
CHEEZMO™;66911136 said:
I dont even know what a Q is

q_small.jpg

Hystzen

Mother finally got hands on a copy of Last Of Us and damn that intro had to have quick break after it. Just stopped after the raining scanning part for my pasta and cidre break

Though I will undoubtedly cherish the day Valve release HL3, I'm glad they've held off. If Valve circa EP2 had had the story and ideas nailed down for EP3, we would have seen it not long after, I'm sure it would have been great since the people there work on what they want, and that enthusiasm and drive shows in their products. The fact that they held off and moved on to many other projects since shows that wasn't the case, and I reckon if EP3 had been released around 2010-2012 it would have probably been cobbled together and rushed. I'd rather HL3 was a slow burner that picked up towards the end of development, which is a safe bet as to what is actually happening.

And of course, given the length of time Valve had left it since EP2, HL3 will and needs to be on Source 2, because as much as I love Source it certainly is showing its age. Again if we'd got a sequel in the past few years it would have been stuck on Source, just at a time when we are seeing so much fantastic new tech from other developers.

SmokyDave

Me, Mary Jane and Hotline Miami are settling in for an evening together. Smooth.

That took me farrrrrr too long to get.
Shit.

Still no word from Casey. Well I'm not bothering to chase her up on it. Grrl missed out on a good meal and a sure thing, innit.
"What time you thinking, Lady?". Sorted.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
She isn't worth your time if she is that disrespectful. You know this. Now just don't succumb to forgiving cuntish behavior out of desperation.

Mikeside

She isn't worth your time if she is that disrespectful. You know this. Now just don't succumb to forgiving cuntish behavior out of desperation.

Your Don Draper avatar just makes your point even more valid.
Yeah, I'm done. Next.

So, I think it might be time for some Injustice, a little L4D2 and a curry.

Suairyu

Banned
Staying an hour later than planned due to emergent phone calls. Feels bad man.

Still, it'll make the episode I'm working on, so I'm not too salty.

Definitely no peeps up for L4D2 tonight then eh?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Staying an hour later than planned due to emergent phone calls. Feels bad man.

Still, it'll make the episode I'm working on, so I'm not too salty.

Definitely no peeps up for L4D2 tonight then eh?
Still at work for another six hours sadly or I would. Last time I played Tash and I got destroyed by a CPU tank throwing cars with fucking surgical precision.

NinjaBoiX

Get on your dancing shoes.
You sexy little swine.
Hoping they're looking for you.
Sure you'll be rummaging through.
"Last night these two bouncers,
And one of em's alright,
The other one's the scary 'un,
His way or no way, totalitarian,

He's got no time for you,
Looking or breathing,
How he don't want you to,

So step out the queue,
He makes examples of you,
And there's nowt you can say,
Behind they go through to the bit where you pay,
And you realize then that it's finally the time,
To walk back past ten thousand eyes in the line,

And you can swap jumpers and make another move,
Instilled in your brain you've got something to prove,
To all the smirking faces and the boys in black,
Why can't they be pleasant?
Why can't they have a laugh?

He's got his hand in your chest,
He wants to give you a duff,
Well secretly I think he wants it all to kick off,
They want, arms flying everywhere and,
Bottles as well it's just,
Something to talk about,
A story to tell, yeah,"

The wall of riffage before the chorus is most excellent.

"Last night these two bouncers,
And one of em's alright,
The other one's the scary 'un,
His way or no way, totalitarian,

He's got no time for you,
Looking or breathing,
How he don't want you to,

So step out the queue,
He makes examples of you,
And there's nowt you can say,
Behind they go through to the bit where you pay,
And you realize then that it's finally the time,
To walk back past ten thousand eyes in the line,

And you can swap jumpers and make another move,
Instilled in your brain you've got something to prove,
To all the smirking faces and the boys in black,
Why can't they be pleasant?
Why can't they have a laugh?

He's got his hand in your chest,
He wants to give you a duff,
Well secretly I think he wants it all to kick off,
They want, arms flying everywhere and,
Bottles as well it's just,
Something to talk about,
A story to tell, yeah,

The wall of riffage before the chorus is most excellent.

You not got Facebook dude?

Mikeside

Still at work for another six hours sadly or I would. Last time I played Tash and I got destroyed by a CPU tank throwing cars with fucking surgical precision.

Ouch - what time did you start?

Infact...what do you do? I don't think I remember you telling me/us

Oh shit am I double booked?

Casey wins on physical human contact but Candice is getting good odds from the bookies to not stand me up.

I'll let you know in an hour Musha?

Bonus points if you promise to talk sexy at me while we play.

Ooh I do have a headset, haven't used it in an age. I'll see if it still works

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
what do you do? I don't think I remember you telling me/us
I didn't tell you on purpose, fool.

I can't say as I wouldn't want it to be connected to anything I do here. It could jeopardize my entire operation.

...Or that's what I would say if I thought what I did was important or interesting in any way. I work in a tech support call center and live in the US, so it's just the regular time zone difference, I'm not actually working more than usual.

NinjaBoiX

You not got Facebook dude?
I should just do it like.

I'm against it, for no valid reason really. It just feels like succumbing to "the man", feeding FB's info machine. I know that's a bit lame, and basically me yelling at clouds, but there is something a little unnerving about them having carte blanche with a sizeable portion of the population's personal details.

I dunno, it just seems like another timesink too, like one isn't enough!

I'll probably get around to it at some point, just as soon as I get down off my high horse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom