• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
hYc6kZ0.jpg

NinjaBoiX

Example is the worst man. He really is a poor man's Calvin Harris. Just awful cheesy rapping over recycled 90's trance riffs.

I'm not saying Calvin is incredible or anything, but I find most of his tracks to be a cut above the usual poppy dance garbage. He generally his a nice little twist on his melodies, a little spark.

I quite like the Ellie Goulding one, and Spectrum with Florence Welch was pretty cool too. He produces good pop music.

Example is the worst man. He really is a poor man's Calvin Harris. Just awful cheesy rapping over recycled 90's trance riffs.

I'm not saying Calvin is incredible or anything, but I find most of his tracks to be a cut above the usual poppy dance garbage. He generally his a nice little twist on his melodies, a little spark.

I quite like the Ellie Goulding one, and Spectrum with Florence Welch was pretty cool too. He produces good pop music.

I really appreciate how fun Calvin Harris' tracks are, especially his earlier non-compilation stuff. Though I still like most of his recent tracks too.

On a different note, I'm really getting back into handheld gaming now. Been giving my DS (and NSMB) a lot of love. Unfortunately I still suck at it, but it's fun non the less. Definitely want a 3DS soon.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
This is literally the first I have ever heard of "Example". Also why does Brooker have Laurence Fishburne as his profile pic

That was kind of the idea with the generic RPG lingo.

I dunno, didn't noffles come back with an alt briefly?

Nah. Jill is too cool for us, Meadows hates us and noffs was banned and ain't been seen since.

I did get a bit suspic of some of the new juniors but it all amounted to nothing, I'm just naturally suspic of everyone.

Mikeside

Nah. Jill is too cool for us, Meadows hates us and noffs was banned and ain't been seen since.

I did get a bit suspic of some of the new juniors but it all amounted to nothing, I'm just naturally suspic of everyone.

I miss Jill :(

I'm surprised Meadows didn't stick around, to be honest. I always felt like the guy could be OK if only he weren't so spiky.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Wow, I really enjoyed that dude, cool jam. I loved the echoing filter on the lead riff, it all goes a bit "foals" at 3:04, that high pitched chiming riff really reminded me of them.

You're drummer got some skills too bro, nice lilting rhythm with little fills and flourishes thrown in with imagination and panache.

Thumbs up Jed, very nice!

Another awesome Parachute for Gordo set. New tracks are killer!

Thanks guys! Show went very well, feeling nice and pleased with myself :) need burgers

Mikeside

Yo Britgaf, greetings from Scotland. Dunno how long we'll be together, but I felt like I might as well join in the fun all the same :p

Stick around, we're a fun bunch in here and I'm sure the ScotGaffers would love some company!

Bruce fucking Springsteen with jtourettes today.
Bring on the good times :D

Suairyu

Banned
Goddamn TLOU. Just had my first "set piece", I guess, which I'm not too happy about (bad memories of Uncharted 3), but if they stay rare then it will be tolerable.

(Summer spoilers)
When you get caught in Bill's rope snare trap and have to upside-down shoot the infected. Died three times thanks to the clickers. I probably should have upgraded my weapon-sway, but listening distance seemed far more effective for 99% of situations. This is why I dislike setpiece - they break the rules of a game you've been playing by, making the skills and decisions you've been making for the last five hours meaningless. Still, now I have a shotgun, and bow and arrow, so all is well with the world.

Hystzen

Goddamn TLOU. Just had my first "set piece", I guess, which I'm not too happy about (bad memories of Uncharted 3), but if they stay rare then it will be tolerable.

(Summer spoilers)
When you get caught in Bill's rope snare trap and have to upside-down shoot the infected. Died three times thanks to the clickers. I probably should have upgraded my weapon-sway, but listening distance seemed far more effective for 99% of situations. This is why I dislike setpiece - they break the rules of a game you've been playing by, making the skills and decisions you've been making for the last five hours meaningless. Still, now I have a shotgun, and bow and arrow, so all is well with the world.

Same scene spoilers
I always go for clickers first when it a mixed group infected ignore others you can always mash square to get rid of them but clickers fuck you up unless saved all pills to upgrade clicker defence like i did. I failed that once due to not seeing a clicker after that was fine just look for cornflake head then fire

8bit

Knows the Score
Same scene spoilers
I always go for clickers first when it a mixed group infected ignore others you can always mash square to get rid of them but clickers fuck you up unless saved all pills to upgrade clicker defence like i did. I failed that once due to not seeing a clicker after that was fine just look for cornflake head then fire

I've just passed through that bit on a second playthrough, and pretty much did what Hysten said. I don't remember any other parts of the game quite as annoying as that.

Suairyu

Banned
Same scene spoilers
Part of my problem was that I had at the time the revolver selected, and I couldn't swap it out for the 9mm. Low rate of fire and limited ammo capacity, when I'm already upside down and swaying in a game that has low-accuracy built into its game design (I don't mind this - much like I don't mind Mirrors Edge's inaccurate guns - it's appropriate) just meant for a clusterfuck. Could not pop off the headshots I wanted!

OH ALSO, like five minutes before that bit:
The infected runner inside the building near the nail bombs - the one that is hammering on the door from the inside, but when you get close it hides inside to jump-scare you later. SUCH BULLSHIT. He's magically invisible to your focused hearing, even when you can hear him stomping up the stairs not two metres away from you. Very poor and cheap of Naughty Dog, that bit, and all for a dumb scare you knew was coming anyway.

Hystzen

Part of my problem was that I had at the time the revolver selected, and I couldn't swap it out for the 9mm. Low rate of fire and limited ammo capacity, when I'm already upside down and swaying in a game that has low-accuracy built into its game design (I don't mind this - much like I don't mind Mirrors Edge's inaccurate guns - it's appropriate) just meant for a clusterfuck. Could not pop off the headshots I wanted!

OH ALSO, like five minutes before that bit:
The infected runner inside the building near the nail bombs - the one that is hammering on the door from the inside, but when you get close it hides inside to jump-scare you later. SUCH BULLSHIT. He's magically invisible to your focused hearing, even when you can hear him stomping up the stairs not two metres away from you. Very poor and cheap of Naughty Dog, that bit, and all for a dumb scare you knew was coming anyway.

i had revolver I prefer it to 9MM I got caught due to being in middle or reload.

oh get used that cheap listening trick they do it again on other parts i noticed

Darren870

So hot and sunny in London today. Just sitting in the garden trying to get a tan. Might go out for a run though I really don't want a farmers tan.

Maybe I'll be lazy and stick to the sun my garden gets for the next 2 hours or so.

Sadetar

I lived and worked in Liverpool three months and time to time was utterly alone.

Why oh why I noticed this thread now, and not when I actually was in UK and felt forever alone....

Danj

This is the last time I mention this, I swear (the promo ends tonight anyway).

Looking for one more "So Many Games" Club Nintendo code (from anything other than Fire Emblem or Animal Crossing). I have the following Steam items to trade:

GalCiv Complete Pack
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
Poker Night 1
50% off Orcs Must Die 2 (expires 7th July)
Anything on Steam of value up to £7

Please PM me if interested.

Thanks very much to Duo014 and Mr.Sam who both helped out with this!

Suairyu

Banned
Arse.

So my PS3 has been broken for years - if it gets too hot, the disc drive stops working. Digital games are fine, but something like, say, The Last Of Us, can be tricky during the Summer. Usually, the first clue is a sound effect not playing when it should have. The moment I notice this I make sure the auto-save has kicked in, then turn the machine off for a while to cool down.

Except this time I got hit by the auto-save not working bug. Just lost 14 minutes of a perfect stealth run through some enemies on my first time through an area. So annoyed :(

Mr. Sam

Yo Musha, dearest, where do you get your tattoos done? I ask because they're exceptionally not shit and I was thinking of having a tattoo done and would also like it to be a not shit one.

Edit:

(Summer spoilers)

Spoiler tagged in case anyone is incredibly spoiler sensitive; it's just weapon spoilers:

You're going to want to look after that bow and arrow, use it sparingly. It seems that if you fire it when there's less slack in the string you have a better chance of the arrow not breaking an you can go and collect the arrow. In an area with clickers and regular zombies, I like to take out the regulars with a bow first so they don't see me and cause a commotion. Then I can take out clickers at my leisure.

I finished Last of Us yesterday actually. My main complaint would be that it rests too heavily on cutscenes to tell the story. Considering the lengths Naughty Dog go to in order to make the in-game environments and animations so convincing, it's particularly disappointing to have them slap in a five minute cutscene whenever they want to try to be 'cinematic' or whatever.

Yo Musha, dearest, where do you get your tattoos done? I ask because they're exceptionally not shit and I was thinking of having a tattoo done and would also like it to be a not shit one

Guy called Fredrik Reinel, he's from Sweden but comes over to London quite a lot. He has a page on Facebook.

Also happy birthday CloverCarr (Mrs Smoky)

Hystzen

Finished TLOU hmmm not sure on ending get what they saying but hmm it interesting suppose.

oh well going start Surivor mode sometime in next few days still need pick up some collectibles.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Spent like 8 hours watching some of the minecraft tekkit series.. Yeah its time i downloaded minecraft.

Giving into the old urge at last

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Spent like 8 hours watching some of the minecraft tekkit series.. Yeah its time i downloaded minecraft.

Giving into the old urge at last
Hell yes. I was just thinking of reinstalling it and either seeing if my old save would update correctly to all the changes and if not just destroying it scorched earth style and starting over in a new world.

Would be cool to have a BritGAF server.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
One of the main reasons I'm thinking of getting a desktop is so I can play Minecraft. Used to have it on my laptop but it wouldn't run properly for some reason.

Suairyu

Banned
Never got into multiplayer Minecraft. I'd be in for a BritGAF area.

Would we do survival or creative mode?

CHEEZMO™;67289561 said:
One of the main reasons I'm thinking of getting a desktop is so I can play Minecraft. Used to have it on my laptop but it wouldn't run properly for some reason.
Should run on near about any PC, including a shitty laptop. Was it due for a format?

Java can be CPU intensive mind so maybe that was it.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Game is pretty hard, I went in with an idea to build a warehouse and ended up running around in the dark getting chased of scary exploding things making terrifying noises.

2013_06_30_20_26_47.png

I'm afraid guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom