• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikeside

Its pissing down with rain in my minecraft world and i have a massive attack album blasting.

Never felt a sense of atmosphere like this since first playing vice city back in 02. I'm building the first castle of the Kentpaul age. Right beside the great river. Right across the river i have my starting shack. I will build my village along this river.

Soon I'l put up the great walls. Gonna make a strong tea, I have a feeling this could be the best gaming day for me in YEARS

My big project was my undersea fortress complete with glass roof. It was as glorious as it was expansive but I accidentally flooded the whole thing when showing a friend around the place.

Sad times. I hope fort KP doesn't suffer the same fate.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
My big project was my undersea fortress complete with glass roof. It was as glorious as it was expansive but I accidentally flooded the whole thing when showing a friend around the place.

Sad times. I hope fort KP doesn't suffer the same fate.

You should have build a few layers of glass just to be safe. Can't you drain the water out by digging under it ?

NinjaBoiX

Massive Attack - Mezzanine is like the album i have always wanted. Fucking digging this shit guys.
Kent, you magnificent bastard, that is my favourite album in the whole wide world! Is this your first time listening to it?

I'm really surprised man! I hope you don't take that the wrong way...

Kentpaul

Kent, you magnificent bastard, that is my favourite album in the whole wide world! Is this your first time listening to it?

I'm really surprised man! I hope you don't take that the wrong way...

Its my first time. Its a brain hack. While playing minecraft and this album together for the first time it will hack into my brain. Now every time i hear the album in the future it will bring me back to this great minecraft time and i'l be flooded with nostalgia.

Its a great moody dark album too man, Shit's good.

NinjaBoiX

Massive Kudos Kent, welcome to the world of trip-hop (seriously, that's what they called that whole Bristol scene in the 90's). Listen to Heligoland next, so fucking good. I mean check this out:

Paradise Circus feat. Hope Sandoval

Also, check out "Dummy" by Portishead, "The Mirror Conspiracy" by Thievery Corporation and "Bloodsport" by Sneaker Pimps. I'm so excited for you man, so much good music to discover!

You should graduate to DJ Shadow and UNKLE somewhere along the line too, maybe a splash of Aphex Twin and Squarepusher to rinse it out here and there. Jesus Kent, what a journey you're are about to undertake...

Edit: one more, just a gorgeous melody in this one, sounds like an acid lullaby or something:

Aphex Twin - Flim

Darren870

This is the End. I urge everyone to check it out. Really funny.

I saw it on Saturday. I thought it was funny but I wasn't that impressed. Maybe I am just getting sick of the American sex/drugs humor. Looking forward to the worlds end as that is more intelligent humor to me.

8bit

Knows the Score
Massive Kudos Kent, welcome to the world of trip-hop (seriously, that's what they called that whole Bristol scene in the 90's). Listen to Heligoland next, so fucking good. I mean check this out:

Paradise Circus feat. Hope Sandoval

Also, check out "Dummy" by Portishead, "The Mirror Conspiracy" by Thievery Corporation and "Bloodsport" by Sneaker Pimps. I'm so excited for you man, so much good music to discover!

You should graduate to DJ Shadow and UNKLE somewhere along the line too, maybe a splash of Aphex Twin and Squarepusher to rinse it out here and there. Jesus Kent, what a journey you're are about to undertake...

Edit: one more, just a gorgeous melody in this one, sounds like an acid lullaby or something:

Aphex Twin - Flim

Oooh, lists!

Tricky - Maxinquaye
Fila Brazillia - Maim That Tune
Funki Procini - Love, Pussycats & Carwrecks
Red Snapper - Reeled and Skinned
The Aloof - Cover the Crime

to name a few that are thematically similar.

Several job applications sent in. Several still to go. Feeling somewhat hopeful I can swing something soon to cover me until I sort a graduate position.

The weather has finally brightened up, which has helped my mood. Got Ghost Squad on the Wii for £2 too, fucking love playing that type of 'so bad it's good' game.

Kentpaul

2013_07_01_17_40_34.png

The sleeping chambers in the first castle of the kentpaul age, Nice view from my island castle overlooking the shack i spent my first time in.

Started from the bottom now I'm here.

Rich!

Got a job interview on Wednesday. A REAL one this time! It's for a Sales Administrator role.

should I wear a full suit?

2013_07_01_17_40_34.png

The sleeping chambers in the first castle of the kentpaul age, Nice view from my island castle overlooking the shack i spent my first time in.

Started from the bottom now I'm here.

Bane of my life in Minecraft was learning that you could take the rock like you've extracted for your castle, put it into the oven, and end up with rock to use in it's original state. So much time wasted.

Rich!

Yes it's always worth it. You look serious and interested enough to make real effort

Yeah I'll be in a pretty important position, so it makes sense.

I didn't even apply for this job, I was headhunted by a recruitment firm. So by that alone, I think I have a very good chance.

jimbor

Banned
Man, that Jacko thread. I had no idea that there were so many people that totally dismiss the idea that he might have been a paedophile.

Hystzen

Man, that Jacko thread. I had no idea that there were so many people that totally dismiss the idea that he might have been a paedophile.

He was a world wide popstar of course he was not one

it is a funny thread the way MJ defense force swoops in after all these years

jimbor

Banned
He was a world wide popstar of course he was not one

it is a funny thread the way MJ defense force swoops in after all these years

I just find it beyond absurd the amount of leeway he's given. Any other non famous/poor fucker regularly sharing bed and booze with young kids would be strung up.

Hystzen

This Is The End is just over an hour runtime that kills my interest in going cinema don't feel like paying rip off prices for that.

NinjaBoiX

Hayley Williams - ding!
Alex Turner - ding!
Elizabeth Olsen - well, Ashley Olsen, Meh.
Josh Davis (DJ Shadow) - some random dude, I don't know!

Fairly impressive I guess. The first one worked really well, after a few questions these three came one after another, "is she short", "does she have red hair", "is she the only female in a band". By jove he's got it!

Sadetar

Eurgh I am worried about this and I am not pretty/ female enough to get free drinks! If I get sent somewhere with work I am going to rely on Gaf to get me on my feet lol!
Sorry darling, you lost me there. Worried about what?

To be honest, I am not particularly pretty either, but I guess I have overly possitive attitude and I tend to smile alot. Both of those go quite a long way.

What comes to gaffers, I would have loved to hang around with you sweeties. I am now banging my head to the wall for being so damn stupid and not even thinking of that possibility. Oh well, no can do.

Got a job interview on Wednesday. A REAL one this time! It's for a Sales Administrator role.

should I wear a full suit?
Oh my, congratulations.

And definitely a suit, especially when it is that kind of fancy position. Good luck!

afoni

Banned
I just declined what may have been the best opportunity into journalism that I'll ever get.

Not sure how I feel right now, but I'm pretty sure I can't really talk about it either. I just needed to say it somewhere that's basically anonymous.

Shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom