• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Buying three licenses back when Minecraft was still in its alpha stage was the best decision I ever made. Forgetting the login information to two of them wasn't...
the YOGSCAST guys make it look so easy building generators with pipes n shit leading into chests. I'm heading back in, Hopefully i can build a shed to spend the night in before i step things up a notch..
They've been playing for years now. I'd give you some tips and tricks, but I know you prefer the experience of stumbling through at your own pace. I approve as its more fun and rewarding that way, but you shouldn't feel bad about looking up a few crafting recipes here and there, as really there is no other way of knowing how the fuck to make things.

Never played the NES Asterix game but the music in the SNES game was great, used to play it p.much just to listen to the title screen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwrYreyLMOw
Right on. I don't know what it is about these games that made the music so catchy and original. Maybe the limited ability of the hardware to generate audio really forced developers to be more creative. Easier now to just slap down sound from a giant archived database or a few songs from the top 40 and call it a day.

8bit

Knows the Score
Buying three licenses back when Minecraft was still in its alpha stage was the best decision I ever made.

Unless you've forgotten everything you can probably recover them if you've got email access. I bought the alpha and forgot about it for a couple of year but was able to get it back last year.

Sadetar

Where are you now?
I am back to Finland.

I am most likely going to visit Liverpool again at some point just to meet up with some colleagues and go see the exhibitions I was doing research for.

But seriously, when I was in UK I was mainly hanging around alone. People in general were absolutely adorable and I couldn't even enter a bar without getting free drinks, but it is still quite challenging to actually just get company to chill and laugh with since it seems that men have other things in mind if you meet them randomly in a bar. I also wouldn't have mind to have some company to go and check other cities with. I only went to London with a collegue and to Oxford with my Xbox friend.

If I would have realized this place earlier on, I could have perhaps managed to sweet talk some of the cool kids from here to come and entertain me.

SKINNER!

Banned
'sup yall! I've already stuffed myself with countless scoops of delicious ice cream and enjoying the Weymouth sunshine. Managed to score a last minute ticket to see Book of Mormon on Wednesday so I'll be down at London for the show that day, then head back to Weymouth to celebrate my sister's birthday and then head back to London on Friday. Man, practically living in a train during my whole week off but I'm happy :) I'm chuffed that I'll be able to catch the show now.

EDIT: Oh, and I found a 1998 Star Wars arcade machine. Nostalgia'd the second I popped the coin in.

I am back to Finland.

I am most likely going to visit Liverpool again at some point just to meet up with some colleagues and go see the exhibitions I was doing research for.

But seriously, when I was in UK I was mainly hanging around alone. People in general were absolutely adorable and I couldn't even enter a bar without getting free drinks, but it is still quite challenging to actually just get company to chill and laugh with since it seems that men have other things in mind if you meet them randomly in a bar. I also wouldn't have mind to have some company to go and check other cities with. I only went to London with a collegue and to Oxford with my Xbox friend.

If I would have realized this place earlier on, I could have perhaps managed to sweet talk some of the cool kids from here to come and entertain me.

Eurgh I am worried about this and I am not pretty/ female enough to get free drinks! If I get sent somewhere with work I am going to rely on Gaf to get me on my feet lol!

Woffls

agghhh it's still too hot outside and I need to sleep soon for work. There's also noise outside, which never usually happens at night :( I'm just watching Friends again and finding my way around Windows 8.1.

Also sucks because I only have whiskey in the house so nothing to drink but that and water...

Morgen BritGAF! How was everyone's weekend? :3

Morning! It was better then I thought it would be, got slightly merry Friday evening, got bought a massive steak and pork pie Saturday and picked up one pair of my new glasses, bought Borderlands 2 for £16 via GMG and the joint account (Thanks Mrs Spacker!) and yesterday I watched the clusterfuck that was the British Grand Prix.

Now I'm back at work with neck and shoulder pain.

Morning! It was better then I thought it would be, got slightly merry Friday evening, got bought a massive steak and pork pie Saturday and picked up one pair of my new glasses, bought Borderlands 2 for £16 via GMG and the joint account (Thanks Mrs Spacker!) and yesterday I watched the clusterfuck that was the British Grand Prix.

Now I'm back at work with neck and shoulder pain.
Mmm, steak and pork pie sounds really good right now.
Morning! I'm surprisingly chipper for a Monday morning. Had an awesome weekend, despite getting sunburnt.

And thanks, I think.

Whatcha get up to? And no prob, it put a smile to my face. :D

Had an awesome time playing in a roller derby mixed scrimmage on Saturday and revealed the new hot pants giving me +10 distraction towards the other team, haha. Gave Notts lass a little driving lesson in the Celica yesterday before she went back home. Was kinda afraid of a ton of stalls, but thankfully technology prevailed and she got driving in circles around the parking lot rather easily! My goal to making her the drift queen can now begin, lol.

Mikeside

Had to stay up last night and drive my mum to the airport at 4am.
Got back at 6 and set my alarm for 8 thinking it'd give me 2 hours to partially recharge for work... NOPE
Woke up at 9:48. Fuck.

Mmm, steak and pork pie sounds really good right now.

Whatcha get up to? And no prob, it put a smile to my face. :D

Had an awesome time playing in a roller derby mixed scrimmage on Saturday and revealed the new hot pants giving me +10 distraction towards the other team, haha. Gave Notts lass a little driving lesson in the Celica yesterday before she went back home. Was kinda afraid of a ton of stalls, but thankfully technology prevailed and she got driving in circles around the parking lot rather easily! My goal to making her the drift queen can now begin, lol.

I hung round central, went to a mates BBQ, and went to Thorpe Park.

I used to drift the bloke's Mazda when he let me drive it, was awesome fun. But the only reason I miss that car.

Had to stay up last night and drive my mum to the airport at 4am.
Got back at 6 and set my alarm for 8 thinking it'd give me 2 hours to partially recharge for work... NOPE
Woke up at 9:48. Fuck.

Whoops. Get in trouble?

Mikeside

Whoops. Get in trouble?

Nah work knew about my late night/early morning & my nan is the MD so dropping her off at the airport (along with my mum and granddad) probably counts as overtime really.
Plus I work more hours than anyone and I'm never late so I can't see them worrying about the odd blip.

Would it be pushing my luck to lock myself in the toilet with some packaging material to lay on and have a nap?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Good morning peeps. Start of the long boring summer holiday today, got a late bus into work so I sauntered in at 10.30, bumped into my boss in the coffee room and not a single fuck was given. Love it.

Just need to find something to do to occupy my time for the next two months now... hmmm.

I hung round central, went to a mates BBQ, and went to Thorpe Park.

I used to drift the bloke's Mazda when he let me drive it, was awesome fun. But the only reason I miss that car.

Sounds like a good and busy time then!

It was an MX-5 right? Love those cars. Sadly the Celica is a horrible car to attempt to drift anyway so when she finally gets a car, I'll nudge her into the RWD category... xD

Sounds like a good and busy time then!

It was an MX-5 right? Love those cars. Sadly the Celica is a horrible car to attempt to drift anyway so when she finally gets a car, I'll nudge her into the RWD category... xD

Yeah it was a gen 1 eunos jap import (I sound like I know what I'm talking about, right?) that he had fitted custom suspension to and lowered, was a bitch going over speed bumps. Great to drift though.

Weren't they going to bring out a rwd celica?

NinjaBoiX

I've done it once or twice over the years but I think at 26 work naps should probably be behind me... shouldn't they?
I'm 30 and take any opportunity.

I often just go home full stop, I work in the town centre, and it's only 5 mins on the metro to get home. Nip home, have some nice lunch, tidy up a bit, maybe have a nap. It's a perk of the job.

Once, I got into town about 8, got straight on the metro home, and got back in about half 8. I just did my own thing all day, then got the metro back to pick the van up at half 4.

Sshh, mums the word!

Edit: Musha, all this car talk is so hot. You are literally a man, but all sexy like.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Buying three licenses back when Minecraft was still in its alpha stage was the best decision I ever made. Forgetting the login information to two of them wasn't...They've been playing for years now. I'd give you some tips and tricks, but I know you prefer the experience of stumbling through at your own pace. I approve as its more fun and rewarding that way, but you shouldn't feel bad about looking up a few crafting recipes here and there, as really there is no other way of knowing how the fuck to make things.

Right on. I don't know what it is about these games that made the music so catchy and original. Maybe the limited ability of the hardware to generate audio really forced developers to be more creative. Easier now to just slap down sound from a giant archived database or a few songs from the top 40 and call it a day.

I'm getting there. Cooking some steaks before i head out tomorrow and explore more the area and try and make it back before dark.

2013_07_01_11_48_42.png

This is my jam for today

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbsmIDLGONY

Yeah it was a gen 1 eunos jap import (I sound like I know what I'm talking about, right?) that he had fitted custom suspension to and lowered, was a bitch going over speed bumps. Great to drift though.

Weren't they going to bring out a rwd celica?

Mmmm, that's pretty sick. Must've eaten up corners like nothing. What color was it? It's weird considering the Gen 1-3 Celicas were RWD then went FWD for gens 4-7 with the GT4s being AWD. I think there was talk of one, but a Gen 7 GT4 would've been more likely. Loved my Gen 4 GT4 in Germany and driving through the dirt backroads at speed. Probably illegal, but fun. xD Do want to get that new GT-86 though. So sexy...

Also disabled my okc account this morning.

feels_goodman.jpg

Suairyu

Banned
Minecraft texture packs never look right to me. Applying such high-detail textures over ultra-low poly environments never works.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Yeah I prefer minimalist changes or au natural. Just a preference though.

Booted up minecraft myself last night and poked around my old world. The levelling system wasn't implemented the last time I played but is interesting enough. Mined a bit underneath my spawn area and came out on the other side of a mountain. I reckon I've got enough supplies for an all out dig for diamond at this point but I'm torn on whether to do that or build more. I'll post a screener of my desert outpost soon. The cacti keep me safe.

Mmmm, that's pretty sick. Must've eaten up corners like nothing. What color was it? It's weird considering the Gen 1-3 Celicas were RWD then went FWD for gens 4-7 with the GT4s being AWD. I think there was talk of one, but a Gen 7 GT4 would've been more likely. Loved my Gen 4 GT4 in Germany and driving through the dirt backroads at speed. Probably illegal, but fun. xD Do want to get that new GT-86 though. So sexy...

Also disabled my okc account this morning.

feels_goodman.jpg

It was black.

Yes the GT-86 is very sexy. The bloke doesn't understand my love for them.

Rich!

Quick question for anyone who may know:

How long does it take for a parcel to get from Japan to the UK on standard air mail delivery? It's an N64.

The sellers info wasn't too clear, that's all!

Kentpaul

I don't see the point of bolting on fancy textures onto Minecraft, tbh. It reeks of "because I can".

I like PC gaming. I'l be changing all the sound effects, adding in minimaps ect soon enough.

2013_07_01_14_18_47.png

2013_07_01_14_23_49.png

CHEEZMO™;67452911 said:
That's an ugly as fuck texture pack.

When i run around the great tunnels of kentpaul mining i get great feelings of nostalgia because my texture pack reminds me of old PC FPS games.

So yeah about the modding, I was like damn son this is going to be a pain in my man cunt, turns out you just emtpy the mod zips into the minecraft JAR.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Minecraft texture packs never look right to me. Applying such high-detail textures over ultra-low poly environments never works.
I feel the same way with many N64 and even GCN (Twilight Princess got one) texture packs. Another problem is that they just use any old hi def texture without thinking how it looks in game so you end up with a mishmash of hi def textures that don't blend well.

Reknoc

I always find the "high-res" or "realism" texture packs to look a bit gross, some of the simpler cartoony ones are p.good though. Minecraft is mad ugly so every little helps.

Suairyu

Banned
I feel the same way with many N64 and even GCN (Twilight Princess got one) texture packs. Another problem is that they just use any old hi def texture without thinking how it looks in game so you end up with a mishmash of hi def textures that don't blend well.
Yups. Actually good fan texture packs are a rarity.

Qarl's Morrowind pack and whoever did the Stalker packs are the only examples I can think of.

Mikeside

I'm going to kill my apprentice.
I just found out about MORE fuck ups he made with our biggest customer last time I had time off.

He's lucky he's at college this week.

I agree on the random texture packs looking like shit in Minecraft usually but how cool is it that you can do that? I know it's not exactly a new idea but I love fucking with games to see what happens. I used to love making custom units in RA2 and playing with them.
Long live my awesome Tesla dogs :(

Suairyu

Banned
I agree on the random texture packs looking like shit in Minecraft usually but how cool is it that you can do that? I know it's not exactly a new idea but I love fucking with games to see what happens. I used to love making custom units in RA2 and playing with them.
Long live my awesome Tesla dogs :(
It's kinda cool, but growing up on PC I kind of expect it to be honest. It's nice that it's built directly into the program and doesn't require modding, though!

best texture packs seen are for the Thief games
Never used any. Recommendations?

Mikeside

It's kinda cool, but growing up on PC I kind of expect it to be honest. It's nice that it's built directly into the program and doesn't require modding, though!

Never used any. Recommendations?

I grew up a pc gamer too so I've always been a bit mod happy (see above) but it still warms my heart when I see new games coming with mood support. Steam Workshop making it a more streamlined experience to download and apply mods is a great thing too

Kentpaul

Its pissing down with rain in my minecraft world and i have a massive attack album blasting.

Never felt a sense of atmosphere like this since first playing vice city back in 02. I'm building the first castle of the Kentpaul age. Right beside the great river. Right across the river i have my starting shack. I will build my village along this river.

Soon I'l put up the great walls. Gonna make a strong tea, I have a feeling this could be the best gaming day for me in YEARS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom