• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reknoc

Like you'd rather be playing that, or... ?

I really really dig it so far.

Not really that I'd rather be playing it but I'd like to play it again. I remember the game looking amazing and there's something much more enjoyable about going through one big mansion.

I'm enjoying 2 a lot, but I'm not really sure I like it being separated by missions. Not that I have a problem with this for a portable game, I feel it worked well for say, Peace Walker, but the first 2 mansions are just too small and most missions feel like "congrats on doing this thing, mission over, next mission go through it all again but with the thing you did last mission" and I find the controls to be a bit not good.

Not really that I'd rather be playing it but I'd like to play it again. I remember the game looking amazing and there's something much more enjoyable about going through one big mansion.

I'm enjoying 2 a lot, but I'm not really sure I like it being separated by missions. Not that I have a problem with this for a portable game, I feel it worked well for say, Peace Walker, but the first 2 mansions are just too small and most missions feel like "congrats on doing this thing, mission over, next mission go through it all again but with the thing you did last mission" and I find the controls to be a bit not good.

Fair enough. Never played the first game, so I don't have that to compare it to.

I can't complain about the structure at all or the pacing of the missions- I've been playing it on the train since I got it and it works well as a portable game. I appreciate the size of it. That said, I'll be happy if it does get a bit bigger as it goes on. Apparently it's a fairly lengthy game, so that's promising.

Don't mind the controls. The worst thing I've seen is the fucking cursing in multiplayer- reversed controls are the devil.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
What kind of sick beast are you?
Someone who didn't buy a GameCube day one. Well one could have gotten Super Monkey Ball instead I suppose, but there wasn't much else to get. Universal Studios HA HA HA.

I wonder if those saying the Wii U is worse than the GCN at the moment even remember what it was like to own one.

noffles

Banned
I bought my GameCube about 3 years into the console's life and Luigi's Mansion was one of the first few games I got alongside Sunshine and Melee.

You're a bunch of mad folk.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm not a fan of Star Wars. Luigi's Mansion was the game I got and I loved it. Of course I was going from SNES -> GCN so it was my first 3D system (yes I did play the N64 at my friends').

The only pro about GCN's early life when comparing it to the Wii U is that it got Smash early one whereas we know pretty much nothing about it on the Wii U.

Reknoc

I got a Gamecube day 1, with Luigi's Mansion, Wave Race, Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3 and Rogue Squadron.

That was a pretty awesome launch day.

Has anyone seen Santa Pod? I've been invited Monday, it sounds really cool and am actually looking forward to it... That and the fact of being driven their in a new Audi A5 3 Litre TDI...

Was just wondering if anyone had been and could provide an insight of what it's like?

I've been quite a few times, mainly I've camped there. The best times were when they had the 'barn' behind the fire up area, standing there when Fireforce and other drag cars started up was amazing. I can still remember how my stomach used to vibrate. Even though the barn isn't there now Santa Pod is still a good day out. I was there at one Flame and Thunder event when one of the Fireforce cars literally went up in flames.

PS morning BritGAF, I have a wedding today and my hangover is yet to kick in. Fantastic.

moka

I thought runescape was a less serious mmorpg for younger gamers

There's all sorts of people playing it. I started my account when I was maybe 10 and I've been on and off playing it since then.

Note: Time played.

wloJ3MH.png

I'm shameless.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
There's all sorts of people playing it. I started my account when I was maybe 10 and I've been on and off playing it since then.

Note: Time played.

wloJ3MH.png

I'm shameless.

It's been 9 years so that really isnt that bad, but i do think the game sucks so i have to judge you slightly

Jordan

What's everyone doing for Saturday then?

Not quite decided yet, probably sit on my arse playing video games until I get hungry and then grab some food I guess.
I definitely need a shower, helped a friend move out of their house yesterday and was lifting and moving stuff from 8-5 pretty much non stop. I'm dreading the day I move out, though - I don't really own much stuff.

Mr. Sam

Charlton versus Bolton, Indian with the olds (that means parents, right?) then a bit of BioShock and my continuing quest to 100% Sonic Transformed.

Jordan

BritGAF, I have a question for you all.

1mVfL1n.jpg

The ice lolly on the right, the one with two sticks... Where on Earth can you buy these? I remember these as a child and I haven't had one in years, and all of a sudden I was given one yesterday, but nobody knew where it came from.

noffles

Banned
I'm having a lazy day in today. It's going to be one of those special days where an introvert sits around doing nothing for an entire day.

Silence is wonderful sometimes.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
BritGAF, I have a question for you all.

1mVfL1n.jpg

I too remember these, but what they are or how i obtained them is ...a mystery
The ice lolly on the right, the one with two sticks... Where on Earth can you buy these? I remember these as a child and I haven't had one in years, and all of a sudden I was given one yesterday, but nobody knew where it came from.

I'm having a lazy day in today.

woo

Just finished SC2 Heart of the Swarm campaign this morning, got Doctor Who to look forward to this evening.
YAY doctor who :D
Optician's appointment
Flat tidying
Doctor Who on the new HD enabled SKY box wotchamacallit

Might splash out and get a Happy Meal from MaccyDees, too!
gahh now im hungry
Gonna head to the Trafford Center and do more Bioshock. Might go out, dunno.
Trafford center eh, what business do you have there?
Not quite decided yet, probably sit on my arse playing video games until I get hungry and then grab some food I guess.
I definitely need a shower, helped a friend move out of their house yesterday and was lifting and moving stuff from 8-5 pretty much non stop. I'm dreading the day I move out, though - I don't really own much stuff.
I had to move all of my stuff out on my own...actually that's not true.. my 11 year old sister helped me for 10 minutes packing the van
Playing a bit of MG:Rising, then off to London to smoke weed, drink jager and play Cards Against Humanity.
God damn it mike, why do you have to have a fuckin' life mann

Try to make Easter Eggs for the first time.

interesting, post pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom