• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suairyu

Banned
1st ep of Doctor Who I've watched since the 1st new series with Eccleston and the Xmas specials. Quite enjoyed it, may have to keep watching it!
Watch Waters of Mars starring Tennant and A Christmas Carol with Smith. They're probably the best two episodes of New Who.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
doctor who was alright, silly doctor who..the internet already has my soul!

but my god

JENNA LOUISE COLEMAN

GET IN MY BED

...i wonder if she googles herself...

Jenna, if you're reading this, get a GAF account and PM me your number, cheers

Tomsy Womsy
xoxox

noffles

Banned
That's... that's just not true :p Sorry, I just don't hear them come up often in people's "favourite episodes" list.

My best memory of 'favourite Who episode' discussion was at a flat party back in September. I'd downed 3 vodka shots in a row and pretty much just immediately shouted "SILENCE IN THE LIBRARY."

PJV3

doctor who was alright, silly doctor who..the internet already has my soul!

but my god

JENNA LOUISE COLEMAN

GET IN MY BED

...i wonder if she googles herself...

Jenna, if you're reading this, get a GAF account and PM me your number, cheers

Tomsy Womsy
xoxox

Aye!!, if only I was 20 yrs younger, I would woo her like nobody's business.

SKINNER!

Banned
Shit, was so busy opening up my camera and giving it a clean that I forgot about the Doctor Who episode. Jenna sure is one cute gal. Curious to know Smokey's opinion as his descriptions are an art-form.

Rubbish King

Aye!!, if only I was 20 yrs younger, I would woo her like nobody's business.

She's only 5 years older than me.....time for a montage

She's actually dating this guy from game of thrones

richard-madden.jpg

motherrrfuuucckkkker

She is incredibly pretty.

Watching The Voice for some reason. Wow they've made it more dull than last year amazingly.

I'm watching it for the first time ever. Some of these people are monumentally shit. I'm confused.

Shit, was so busy opening up my camera and giving it a clean that I forgot about the Doctor Who episode. Jenna sure is one cute gal. Curious to know Smokey's opinion as his descriptions are an art-form.

She's not busty nor fake enough for Smoky, but I'm guessing he still probably would.

Suairyu

Banned
That's... that's just not true :p Sorry, I just don't hear them come up often in people's "favourite episodes" list.
Waters Of Mars - one of the few times RTD demonstrates why he was once held in good esteem as a writer. This and 'Midnight' are his best. An episode that gives us a bit of insight into the burden of being a Time Lord, and explains some of the rules of being a time traveler.

A Christmas Carol - a rare example of a Doctor Who episode actually using time travel as a key plot device. Given the show is about a time-travelling madman, you'd think it wouldn't be a rare thing. But it is. And what Moffat does here is brilliant.

So, I wasn't picking "favourite episodes". I was picking episodes that best demonstrate the strengths of Doctor Who. Important episodes, if you like.

Also, hearing a throng of people screaming mass praise for something isn't a barometre of quality :p

Hystzen

I don't get the whole fuss over Doctor Who but people can watch whatever they want it on my list of shows I don't like but who cares

That's kinda his point. The Office US only adopts the (incredibly loose) format, and makes a show that Americans understand and know how to make.

Elementary is virtually an entirely different show.

Rubbish King

Somebody suggest a pickup line and I'll test it. Not boffles, hyzst or Chinner though
Here's 5

1. Do you believe in love at first sight, or should I walk by again?
2. Apart from being beautiful, what do you do for a living?
3. Shall we talk or continue flirting from a distance?
4. Nice dress, it’d look good on my bedroom floor
5. I miss my teddy bear. Would you sleep with me?

One of them will get you...a hug atleast
While we're on the subject of shitty US remakes, remember the US MTV versions of Skins and The Inbetweeners?
yeah, both horrible

Hystzen

1. Do you believe in love at first sight, or should I walk by again?
2. Apart from being beautiful, what do you do for a living?
3. Shall we talk or continue flirting from a distance?
4. Nice dress, it’d look good on my bedroom floor
5. I miss my teddy bear. Would you sleep with me?

Mike if you say any of these you will die alone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom