• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadetar

Oh. Hi!

Is that you in your avatar? Answer with caution, I have a penchant for hot redheads. Musha has procured an attack whistle for the meet in case I pounce on her.
Umm... How about we go with "It was me, but it was really old and I am not really that pretty, but I am extremely photogenic"?

I by the way updated it to a more current one.

5QH1fZP.gif

Welcome.
Ooh. I totally love that gif. I feel warmly welcomed. Thank you.

What comes to making gifs by the way, I have Windows 7 so if you know any easy programmes for making gifs for that, I am all ears. I am a total noob, but I would love to try to make those.

I like you already.
The feeling is mutual.

You'd like to think that wouldn't you.

How do you know I won't be the one doing the pouncing?
That is the right attitude my dear.

I also need to ask, that is there any particular reason why you have Finnish word "Soturi" (warrior) in your name in here?

I was indeed! You still need to do the form in the OP

Good going now she's going to tell the other redheads to avoid this place like the plague.
Nah, after I am done talking with them, they will be rushing here.

Ask and you shall receive

Where do you live: Finland, I lived three months in Liverpool, UK though
Where are you from: Well, from Finland, I am Finnish after all
Occupation: This doesn't sound particularly wild, but I have been working the last five years in different museums... I am also a student - all I need is the damn graduation thesis to get my master's degree (Santa has abandoned me, I have been wishing it the last three Christmas)
University: Tampere
Favourite Sport: Swimming and biking
Political party of choice: The good, the bad and the ugly
Favourite thing on the box: This is very hard task since it changes ridiculously often. But just now I think I would go with "The Wire"
Favourite crisp flavour: From the Finnish selection - sour cream and dill and from the English ones - Sea salt and vinegar
Favourite biscuit: Kaneliässät (very cinnamony cookies)
Favourite Pokemon POST 151: Slowpoke
Beano or Dandy: I have absolute no idea what these are, but I will always go for Dandy, if it is an option

I know, just a bit pissed off.
I know the feeling.

I am right now totally pissed that when I was actually in UK, I didn't even realize I could meet up with you darlings. Seriously. I am an idiot.

Mikeside

Occupation: This doesn't sound particularly wild, but I have been working the last five years in different museums... I am also a student - all I need is the damn graduation thesis to get my master's degree (Santa has abandoned me, I have been wishing it the last three Christmas)
Favourite thing on the box: This is very hard task since it changes ridiculously often. But just now I think I would go with "The Wire"
Favourite crisp flavour: From the Finnish selection - sour cream and dill and from the English ones - Sea salt and vinegar
Beano or Dandy: I have absolute no idea what these are, but I will always go for Dandy, if it is an option

I am right now totally pissed that when I was actually in UK, I didn't even realize I could meet up with you darlings. Seriously. I am an idiot.

Cinnamon cookies sound awesome.
Bring them to the next meetup.

Outside of world 7, I'm two levels away from finishing NSMB!!
Ordered Yoshi's Island and SM64 for some more sexy handheld gaming.

Just watched all of Season 1 of the Newsroom, and now onto Luther S3! Dat Elba.

Ask and you shall receive

Did you visit the Toxteth area of Liverpool whilst you were there? It's especially lovely on an overcast Tuesday afternoon.

Sadetar

Did you visit the Toxteth area of Liverpool whilst you were there? It's especially lovely on an overcast Tuesday afternoon.
I think I wandered around in that general area, but I didn't know it was called Toxteth. I needed to search and check the name from map since I was quite often just walking around without any particular understanding where I am exactly.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
My memories from liverpool was lots of burned down council houses and everyone being right into soccer.

Extremely potent accents too.

Sadetar

My memories from liverpool was lots of burned down council houses and everyone being right into soccer.

Hmmm... Potent...

Oh and what comes to accents I totally love them! Even though my somewhat posh friends were warning me that they so will spank my ass if they notice even a slight influence of Scouse. I found it absolutely adorable when people were asking am I from Scotland, Ireland, South Africa, Sussex or perhaps Australia. According to rumours my English is quite an odd mix of different accents.

I think I wandered around in that general area, but I didn't know it was called Toxteth. I needed to search and check the name from map since I was quite often just walking around without any particular understanding where I am exactly.

Yeah Toxteth isn't an area you wander around. Batman wouldn't chance going in there at times.

When did you last go? 1987?
2007?
Scouse accent is awesome, varies so much across the city.
Soccer? SOCCER? The fuck.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Agreed.

So far this week she's called Lee Dainton a cunt, explained how she used to powerslide her fella's Mazda, made an alluring threat to pounce on me at the meet, and called her fella a pussy.

She's even more of a dreamboat than Tash.
Woah now there, let's not blow this out of proportion ninj!

He's not as bad as pancho, he's a right cunt

Kentpaul

Doing some googling about massive attack and it turns out one of the singers is a kiddy fiddler. I was enjoying the music and wish I never started reading up on the band. If only I went to sleep at 12.

And yo tash association football sucks none the less lol I dont follow it at all.

Kentpaul

Yeah Toxteth isn't an area you wander around. Batman wouldn't chance going in there at times.

2007?
Soccer? SOCCER? The fuck.

2001 or so for my uncles wedding. It was a rough council estate type area. it blows my mind that even a scouse huffing carries an accent.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Doing some googling about massive attack and it turns out one of the singers is a kiddy fiddler. I was enjoying the music and wish I never started reading up on the band. If only I went to sleep at 12.

And yo tash association football sucks none the less lol I dont follow it at all.

dunt mater mate

its footbal u fukin shlag

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Who really cares what an artist does in their personal time? I mean, sexually molesting children is a very bad thing...but I don't really associate works of art with those kinds of actions.

Speaking of association, why is molestation a once per page topic around here? Haven't seen so much pedo talk since Chris Hanson was popular. Stop treading Murdoch-controlled media, people.

Sadetar

2007?
Scouse accent is seriously awesome.

I was walking all around the place. Later on I was informed that not all of the places I had been in were particularly safe at certain times of a day. But then again I didn't not even once feel threathened during my whole time in UK.

it keeps happening
It does. Slowpoke is one of my dearest friends and it comes to say hi to me on regular basis.

NinjaBoiX

it keeps happening
I can't believe you guys all have a favourite Pokemon. Like, most people on GAF seem to know all about those little guys. How does something like that occur?

The forum avy request the other day, someone posted a pic with like a hundred or so of the little bastards, and asked for one by name. Sure enough, five minutes later, Filler and Toppot had both made him one, no questions asked.

I just never got into that whole thing, if it's not pikachu I'm lost. Maybe jigglypuff (little pink dude) and chizard (a little orange lizard)?

daviyoung

Banned
I remember Psyduck but I was just old enough for the cartoon on Diggit and too old for Pokemon cards at school. I didn't know they were Nintendo until about a year ago.

Basically anyone with a gameboy had a pokemon game, and a lot of people had gameboys.

Chinner

Banned
okay question guys, theres a britgaf BIG BROTHER happening and you have to put 10 people in the house.

who would you put in? i dont know who i would put in, but it'd definitely be tashbrook,kentpaul, meadows girlfriend and suariyu

afoni

Banned
okay question guys, theres a britgaf BIG BROTHER happening and you have to put 10 people in the house.

who would you put in? i dont know who i would put in, but it'd definitely be tashbrook,kentpaul, meadows girlfriend and suariyu

musha and ninja for the sexual tension that's often needed

That is the right attitude my dear.

I also need to ask, that is there any particular reason why you have Finnish word "Soturi" (warrior) in your name in here?

I was picking a name for my character in city of heroes, so just picked the word for warrior from my 2 favourite languages, Japanese and Finnish. I've used it as my online personae ever since.

SKINNER!

Banned

"I'm a Gaffer...Get me out of here!"

Who I'd put in? Smokey, Mike, KP, Chinner, donkey and Meadows.

Jordan

Tash, Kent, Musha, Chinner, Suariyu, Ninja, Sadetar, Mike, Donkey, BGBW.

I would then provide them with lots of alcohol and an empty bottle to play spin the bottle...

Edit: I think Mike and Tash would make out...

8bit

Knows the Score

It was a false accusation that was later withdrawn.

Mikeside

I would then provide them with lots of alcohol and an empty bottle to play spin the bottle...

Tash could do what he wants but no kissing on the mouth.

Can I just pick Meadows 9 times? Because I want that plus Kentpaul.

NinjaBoiX

Kent would sort out pestering BB for booze, Tash would be the highly strung clown blowing up randomly, Chinner would be the quiet reserved dude with the acid tongue, Suairyu would perform a similar role but with more of a spring in his step, Mike would be the amiable dude with the unrequited crush on one of the housemates, Donkey would be the one mooching about singing and dancing like a loon, BGBW would be the understated guy who survives until the last week.

Musha and Sadetar would spend all day in the jacuzzi.

I'd be watching from behind a curtain in the camera run...

Edit: Kent, what 8bit said, Robert Del Naja isn't a kiddy fiddler. It damn near drove him over the edge though, fucking horrible accusation.

Jordan

Kent would sort out pestering BB for booze, Tash would be the highly strung clown blowing up randomly, Chinner would be the quiet reserved dude with the acid tongue, Suairyu would perform a similar role but with more of a spring in his step, Mike would be the amiable dude with the unrequited crush on one of the housemates, Donkey would be the one mooching about singing and dancing like a loon, BGBW would be the understated guy who survives until the last week.

drooling... and stuffs ...

I have the hangover from hell this morning, normally they are delayed and hit me during the day but this morning is really really bad :/

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Day 5 in the Big Brother house and BGBW is currently washing his hands in the bathroom when Kentpaul walks in.

Day 6 in the Big Brother house and BGBW is still in hospital after suffering a fatal blow to the back of his head.

Mikeside

Day 5 in the Big Brother house and BGBW is currently washing his hands in the bathroom when Kentpaul walks in.

Day 6 in the Big Brother house and BGBW is still in hospital after suffering a fatal blow to the back of his head.

Still in hospital after a fatal blow to the head? I don't see much chance of recovery :/

Chinner, this is the cliquiest conversation we've ever had in here - I'd like to point out that I didn't start it :p

Chinner

Banned
Still in hospital after a fatal blow to the head? I don't see much chance of recovery :/

Chinner, this is the cliquiest conversation we've ever had in here - I'd like to point out that I didn't start it :p

i'm being ironic. i'm pointing out of the social structures in which we divide and separate ourselves to create false empowerment to create a comforting reality for us to reside while weakening the positions of others outside of that divide - im trying to make us more self-aware and become a better community for it.

Jordan

It's a pretty cool clique.

Jordan - what was last night? Midweek hangover...you disgust me! :p

Nothing special, just sort of downing my sorrows and shit. I know it's not helping anything but it seemed like a good idea at the time. I definitely drank far too much vodka though...

LOL that seems highly accurate in comparison to what's playing in my mind. Can we throw in noffles or JT as a wild card in the middle of the season? :O

N-E-waaaaay, went to the Red Hot Buffet in Nottingham last night and was rather impressed. Much better than the one in Manchester and lots of yummy yummy sushi! :D

Mikeside

i'm being ironic. i'm pointing out of the social structures in which we divide and separate ourselves to create false empowerment to create a comforting reality for us to reside while weakening the positions of others outside of that divide - im trying to make us more self-aware and become a better community for it.

Fair enough. Would there be a WiiU to keep people occupied?

Nothing special, just sort of downing my sorrows and shit. I know it's not helping anything but it seemed like a good idea at the time. I definitely drank far too much vodka though...

Save the drinking for Saturday and donkey show will take you out on the pull.

SmokyDave

it keeps happening
That's because nobody really knows or cares what a Pokemon is, much less where it falls in the grand scheme of Pokemonery. I take it as a sign that we have a good bunch in here.

N-E-waaaaay, went to the Red Hot Buffet in Nottingham last night and was rather impressed. Much better than the one in Manchester and lots of yummy yummy sushi! :D

Get your ass to Tropiero. I can't overstate just how much fresh meat they'll allow you to eat before politely asking you to put your trousers back on. It's fucking incredible.

NinjaBoiX

That's because nobody really knows or cares what a Pokemon is, much less where it falls in the grand scheme of Pokemonery. I take it as a sign that we have a good bunch in here.
It's just one of those things where I genuinely don't understand the appeal. You know, to adults, I get that kids would get a kick out of cutesy little creatures that come out of these balls and fight each other.

*shrugs*

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
To be fair, that question was just a dig at most people who go into Pokémon threads just to say the first 151 are the best.

But for the uninformed, I gave the correct answer on page one:

fIPzCo7.jpg

I can't believe you guys all have a favourite Pokemon. Like, most people on GAF seem to know all about those little guys. How does something like that occur?

The forum avy request the other day, someone posted a pic with like a hundred or so of the little bastards, and asked for one by name. Sure enough, five minutes later, Filler and Toppot had both made him one, no questions asked.

I just never got into that whole thing, if it's not pikachu I'm lost. Maybe jigglypuff (little pink dude) and chizard (a little orange lizard)?

Pokemon was my life from like year 3 onwards in primary school. I remember it 'arriving' on these shores in like 98/99. The cards, the anime, the games. Rose tinted glasses aside, it was amazing.

Hahaha. Always hope a bathroom has a lockable door if Kent is around.

SteveWD40

Well many kids who grew up with Pokemon are now in their mid-late 20's, hence it still having an audience with some older folk. I missed the boat on it, I was in my teens when it was big and never saw the appeal. Cartoon was ok though...

Jordan

Pokemon was my life from like year 3 onwards in primary school. I remember it 'arriving' on these shores in like 98/99. The cards, the anime, the games. Rose tinted glasses aside, it was amazing.

Hahaha. Always hope a bathroom has a lockable door if Kent is around.

You're definitely not wrong, I remember going to creche when I was really young and the games were all we did, we used to trade and battle and obviously me being the geek that I am all those years ago, I was bitching at it and always won... That and the fact I had like level 50 pokémons when everybody else had like level 10!

Never got into the cards, didn't really understand it, but collected them nonetheless

NinjaBoiX

To be fair, that question was just a dig at most people who go into Pokémon threads just to say the first 151 are the best.

But for the uninformed, I gave the correct answer on page one:

fIPzCo7.jpg
What!?! How many are there? I thought there was like 100 or something.
Well many kids who grew up with Pokemon are now in their mid-late 20's, hence it still having an audience with some older folk. I missed the boat on it, I was in my teens when it was big and never saw the appeal. Cartoon was ok though...
Yeah, me too.

I loved anime as a kid, but that was because it was all boobs and blood, and all "adult" and stuff.

Get your ass to Tropiero. I can't overstate just how much fresh meat they'll allow you to eat before politely asking you to put your trousers back on. It's fucking incredible.

I've been to a couple similar ones in the states and have totally pigged the fuck out on the meat. Just keep it coming! I think there's one in Sheffield, but I'll have to go without the lass since she's a veggie... unless they have some unlimited veggie skewers as well. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom