• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

faridmon

Hey - anyone know anything about Birmingham? I have a interview with a company based near 'the cube' and I have little idea of what the place is like. Looks like its near the centre of town which is good.

Whats Birmingham like as a city? I imagine a
Lot harder to get around than London?

Its great. Albeit in city centre. Its a very fast city that is empty most of the time, but great if you are closer to the central area.

Lovely people as well.

SmokyDave

Just moved back to Birmingham (Last night was the worst) just to find out that Ryan Davies just passed away.

WTF? That is so unreal, just last week he enjoying his wedding and just 2 weeks ago, I was listening to his funny talks about moving Arcades and whatnot...

Devastated....

Mmmhmm. Awful, isn't it?

It's nearly 24 hours on and I still can't stop thinking about it.

SteveWD40

Still surprises me such a huge title is not on PS4 / Xbone. I like the look of it but am not buying a soon to be obsolete console. I would get it on PC but the history of GTA ports is terrible.

You can make it so they are unaware of it but technically you are making some permanent changes to the machine. so there will still be small traces left of it.

Hmm, in which case unless I have the right drive I'll leave it for now.

Link for those with no YT account!
Fuck I'm impressed by that. The mechanics of driving straight between the three characters is awesome, and the sheer breadth of content on offer (stocks and shares motherfucker! I'm going to buy some securitized sub prime mortgages!), plus the visuals look great to boot for an old system! Best of it, it just looks fun to play. IV was too serious.
Will definitely put on my Xmas list if I don't get it beforehand.

8bit

Knows the Score
Still surprises me such a huge title is not on PS4 / Xbone. I like the look of it but am not buying a soon to be obsolete console. I would get it on PC but the history of GTA ports is terrible.

I'd be surprised if there weren't HD ports at some point next year, but for now it looks like a nice swansong for this generation.

Mikeside

sonics-deal-with-it-meme-sonic-the-hedgehog-33534541-640-480.jpg

lol, what is it?

playing 2 player traffic mode, one player times out and from then until the end of the race theres a horrible screeching sound for the other player

sort your shit out :p

today is a bleh day. Can't wait to get home and commit mass digital gbh

Suairyu

Banned
Time to pop down to GAME and pre-order.

And book a few days off work.

Only IV had issues, and those are all patched out now. It doesn't take efficient use of PC architecture, so you'll never get 60fps, but anyone with a modern PC can easily best console performance.

Hystzen

I suspect GTA will be the first title that Gakai will stream for PS4 when that launches next year

I just remembered there's a Hooters in Notts. We have to go to Hooters.

I believe there's also a SmokyDave there, maybe we should check that out too?

SmokyDave

I just remembered there's a Hooters in Notts. We have to go to Hooters.

I believe there's also a SmokyDave there, maybe we should check that out too?

Much as I love me some boobs, it's Tropiero that you want to head for. So. Much. Meat.

I'll gladly come and find y'all if you're around on a weekend.

afoni

Banned
It's trying to back itself out of the hole.

The hole that is wrapped around its head.

Lol.

I never actually thought about breadcat logically before. I always just assume it's a crazy cat doing a crazy thing because it's a crazy cat.

Science, man.

Reknoc

Can't deal with this heat and all the lifting and wrapping I have to do work. Gotta resort to drastic measure and wear shorts. Expose my gross legs to all of Nottingham.

I'm not sorry.

Sadetar

I could stare at that gif for hours, I'm not gay or even bisexual but I'd turn for him.

What do you call one storey houses?
Awwwww. You are so very adorable.

What comes to houses, I am pretty sure there isn't any particular word in Finnish to refer to one storey house. I would just go with the word omakotitalo, which would be "own home house" if I would do a straight translation. It really just means detached house though. We apparently don't give that much weight to the number of storeys.

Hystzen

I still can't believe I wasted a day watching TV and reading the fake internet in GTA4 it was amazing suspect I'm going waste hours cycling and stock market in 5

Awwwww. You are so very adorable.

What comes to houses, I am pretty sure there isn't any particular word in Finnish to refer to one storey house. I would just go with the word omakotitalo, which would be "own home house" if I would do a straight translation. It really just means detached house though. We apparently don't give that much weight to the number of storeys.

Basically a house in Finland is a house regardless of how many storeys?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom