• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

faridmon

My thoughts exactly.

Go to a bar and let people buy you drinks or go walking around the city and let people compliment you in every street corner.

Plus you have us! I was so stupid I didn't abuse this place at all when I was in UK. My bad.

Hear hear.

The people are super nice. Even their rock stars! The frontman of Echo Lake invited me to his birthday party which happens to be a gig night with other Birmingham based bands such as Johnny Foreigner when I saw them live a month ago in London. He also gave me a vinyl and a cassette tape on their debut album for free.

Even If I complain about the nature of inactivity in this city, Damn it! people here are super nice. Beat the materialistic and stuck up people down in London.

and yeah, you guys are cool! :)

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
i think im having a low point

One of those "I really hate the country I live in and everything it stands for, i wanna drop off the grid, leave the island and just be irrational" kinda moods

halp

faridmon

One of those "I really hate the country I live in and everything it stands for, i wanna drop off the grid, leave the island and just be irrational" kinda moods

halp

Spend sometime in another country. You might have a different appreciation to your country. When I went to Roma last year, I came back appreciating the underground system in London and never complained about again.

NinjaBoiX

If it makes things better, I also bought some bread.
Just for the feels said:
EOwx9mu.jpg

Tash, just chill your beans brah.

Edit: It actually is called Giraffe bread in Sainsbury's now. Pretty cool.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Tash you also think it's a slippery slope when someone gets arrested for threatening to shoot up a school. I think it's important to spend some time away from the Internet and in real life so you can get some genuine perspective. It's not healthy to believe think legitimate crime and punishment are equivalent to 1984.

halp

Have a wank. Make it a proper one with lube and everything.

You can think what were my feelings when I was in Liverpool three months all alone.

At least people were really nice.

There's tons to see and do in the LIV! I imagine it isn't all that great if you don't have people to do it with though!

Rubbish King

Tash you also think it's a slippery slope when someone gets arrested for threatening to shoot up a school. I think it's important to spend some time away from the Internet and in real life so you can get some genuine perspective. It's not healthy to believe think legitimate crime and punishment are equivalent to 1984.

Fuck off, that has fuck all to do with anything

I've been vacationing in the UK for over a week and your weather trolled the hell out of me. Everyone told me packing shorts was a waste of time and I'd likely need a jacket over shorts. So I packed a jacket and I left all my shorts back in the states. The first day we get here it is overcast and grey, as advertised. The next day it is sunny and hot. Well, for you guys. I'm from NC and it was 96 degrees F back home today and with 80% humidity. But still, this took me completely by surprise. I was on the train today and when the conductor announced that we would be traveling slowly due to the heat I thought that was dry British humor at play, but it wasn't.

Either way, I would definitely move here, but I have to finish school first. I'm going to make at thread when I get back home in a week, but everyone has been nice and everyone is so well-dressed. Generally, a very pleasant trip. Although, I don't think I could live in London because the pace is a bit too much for me.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Fuck off, that has fuck all to do with anything
Hmm, you mentioned losing faith in your country and I noticed by your post history you were really erratic in your posting about that thread. I don't think I said anything that warranted that kind of reaction. I wasn't telling you to fuck off, I genuinely think some time away from the flashy box might do you some good. But full steam ahead with that trademark angst if it makes you feel better.

Jordan

Right, so I feel like ranting after my shit day... and I can't think of anything better to rant about other than the Gaming Side of NeoGAF.

So, today - big release trailer of a hugely anticipated game for me (GTAV for all those unaware)

Now I only venture off onto Gaming Side when something like this is announced or to look for cheap shit/PC builds, so my experience there is very limited and I should probably expect what I read completely, but yet it still comes to me as a shock every single fucking time.

Why on Earth can the Gaming Side never be pleased with something, why are there always condescending cunts that have to put a downer on absolutely fucking everything. The trailer is good, it's not perfect, there are flaws but it's probably the last game of this generation that is actually going to be worth buying. So why would they bitch and moan about graphically it not being great? Why do they bitch and moan saying it doesn't look smooth? Why do they have to point out every single little imperfection? It is really pathetic, Rockstar have done as they always do and have pushed a console to it's limits and been like *insert 'this is how we roll' gif*... Then Gaming Side compares it to GTAIV, yes that game wasn't perfect, but you cannot deny it was a decent game at the time? Everything happening around it, the story-line, the gameplay in my eyes were fucking amazing and I loved the shit out of that.

Yes I realise that these are all opinions and everybody is entitled to their own, but some of the things that they are fucking nitpicking at is just pathetic and I just wanted to rant.

Vvh8ExP.gif

9bVOAtY.gif

End of rant, apologies if grammar or anything is incorrect - I'm tired and grouchy and now going to bed.

Much love BritGAF!

Sadetar

There's tons to see and do in the LIV! I imagine it isn't all that great if you don't have people to do it with though!
Well, I did tons of things and I also walked randomly around the city on numerous days. My job was also the best ever and my supervisor was seriously superb.

I had great time to be honest.

But I admit it, I am very social person and I love good company so it could have been even better if I would have managed to kidnap people to hang around with me more.

Hear hear.

The people are super nice. Even their rock stars! The frontman of Echo Lake invited me to his birthday party which happens to be a gig night with other Birmingham based bands such as Johnny Foreigner when I saw them live a month ago in London. He also gave me a vinyl and a cassette tape on their debut album for free.

Even If I complain about the nature of inactivity in this city, Damn it! people here are super nice. Beat the materialistic and stuck up people down in London.

and yeah, you guys are cool! :)
I agree, I didn't meet not even a single grumpy, antisocial or rude person during my whole stay in UK. People are just super friendly and so adorable in there!

I am definitely going to go back at some point.

Oh, I also have a facebook album about the trip (or well, like half of the trip this far, I am planning to go through the photos at some point and add more). I am not planning to share it in public, but I trust you darlings so if you are interested and want to be spammed by my photos, give me a shout and I will PM a link to you.

Rubbish King

Hmm, you mentioned losing faith in your country and I noticed by your post history you were really erratic in your posting about that thread. I don't think I said anything that warranted that kind of reaction. I wasn't telling you to fuck off, I genuinely think some time away from the flashy box might do you some good. But full steam ahead with that trademark angst if it makes you feel better.

First of all, let's get this into perspective when you refer to my erratic post history you are referring to one post i actually made in that thread really, which was vague and I didnt really even put any thought into it anyway

You were condescending, you still are being condescending, i tell people who are condescending to fuck off.

LukeTim

Wait... did I read that right?

Threats are criminal now?

I don't care how awful a threat might be, arresting and jailing a person for making one is heading toward thought crime and fucking despicable... not remotely legitimate crime and punishment.

f0rk

I don't care how awful a threat might be, arresting and jailing a person for making one is heading toward thought crime and fucking despicable... not remotely legitimate crime and punishment.

The dude wrote
"My father has three guns. I'm planning on killing him first and putting him in a dumpster.

"Then I'm taking the motor and I'm going in fast. I'm gonna kill hopefully at least 200 before I kill myself. So you want to tell the deputy, I'm on my way."
I don't see what else you can do with him.

CHEEZMO™;69227106 said:
I don't really understand these questions, did they really ask people for an exact number on % of benefits claimed fraudulently? Most of the people answering would be idiots just for thinking they knew the answer

faridmon

I agree, I didn't meet not even a single grumpy, antisocial or rude person during my whole stay in UK. People are just super friendly and so adorable in there!

I am definitely going to go back at some point.

Oh, I also have a facebook album about the trip (or well, like half of the trip this far, I am planning to go through the photos at some point and add more). I am not planning to share it in public, but I trust you darlings so if you are interested and want to be spammed by my photos, give me a shout and I will PM a link to you.

Feel free to do so. I am very trustworthy guy and I wouldn't let you down if you happen to trust me :)

Not everyone is nice in UK though. London have a lot of British people who happen to be very stuck up and all. Let me know when you come down here, I might show you some gigs and what not.

afoni

Banned
Nintendo is like a lovely animal that almost everyone loves, but it also happens to be dangerously stupid.

Nintendo is my favourite animal.

Hystzen

People in UK are dicks just compared to most countries we are less dickish. Most us don't do anything nice to other people unless we get something out of it always have a secret agenda, Humans are just awful things in general

Edit
I want a sloth because they are fucking bosses

Jordan

People in UK are dicks just compared to most countries we are less dickish. Most us don't do anything nice to other people unless we get something out of it always have a secret agenda, Humans are just awful things in general

Edit
I want a sloth because they are fucking bosses

I have a goal a day where I try to make at least one person go to sleep with a smile, it used to be my ex, but now it's whoever is speaking to me before bed.

As far as niceness goes, that's the best I do - the rest of the time I'm a cunt to most.

Suairyu

Banned

What? Threats have always been illegal. They are in the usa, Bastion of Freedom™, too.

If you threaten to murder school children/commit a terrorist act, you're going to do time.

We're not talking about a simple "ah you bastard I'll kill you!!!" over someone pissing you off - these are threats that cause legitimate fear, and chaos, having measurable impacts on people (they might alter how they go about their life to "stay safe") and the state (police have to investigate the threat, beef up security etc.)

You may also be distressed to learn that you can go to jail for encouraging others to commit crimes, inciting riots, or telling lies with repercussions.

Suairyu

Banned
O SO Rockstar said that the trailer for GTAV was actually captured from PS3 gameplay.

That's promising.

Now will have to wait for Digital Foundry comparison. No pre-order for me.

Suairyu

Banned
Right now I'm actually cold because the company air con is too efficient and all I have on is shorts and a shirt.

... still better than the heat.

Lirlond

My lunch was at 1am today lol

Yesssss overcast and gloomy in glasgow. Just how I like it.

Oh I forgot to say. Heading down London the day before eurogamer. Have a 4 day pass and staying till the Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom