• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadetar

It's okay I'm up again now.

Three hours sleep before heading back to work is all an Englishman needs.
That seems to be around the same what a Finn need before going to work.

I am overly tired hence I giggle all the time.

Feel free to do so. I am very trustworthy guy and I wouldn't let you down if you happen to trust me :)

Not everyone is nice in UK though. London have a lot of British people who happen to be very stuck up and all. Let me know when you come down here, I might show you some gigs and what not.
I was shortly in London couple times and according to my understanding people are as adorable in there.

Oh and I am going to send you the link.

Be gentle.

TCRS

Banned
Why on Earth can the Gaming Side never be pleased with something, why are there always condescending cunts that have to put a downer on absolutely fucking everything. The trailer is good, it's not perfect, there are flaws but it's probably the last game of this generation that is actually going to be worth buying. So why would they bitch and moan about graphically it not being great? Why do they bitch and moan saying it doesn't look smooth? Why do they have to point out every single little imperfection? It is really pathetic, Rockstar have done as they always do and have pushed a console to it's limits and been like *insert 'this is how we roll' gif*... Then Gaming Side compares it to GTAIV, yes that game wasn't perfect, but you cannot deny it was a decent game at the time? Everything happening around it, the story-line, the gameplay in my eyes were fucking amazing and I loved the shit out of that.

I'm betting on a next gen port. Not going to buy this for the 360 when next gen is just around the corner. Also, fuck gaming side.

Fentimans%20Curiosity%20Cola.jpg

Fentimans Curiosity Cola. I think this is my favourite coke now, bloody expensive though.

8bit

Knows the Score
GTA IV seemed to be them pushing the more cinematic aspects of the game, but it was kind of flawed and Niko was not a particularly sympathetic character. I think since RDR & MP3 to a little extent they've tightened up that aspect and in revisiting San Andreas have listened to a lot of the complaints from previously. Only thing I'm a little nervous about now is the music.

Anyway, I figure GTAV will keep me going until the PS4 is available and anything else I'll pick up around the end of year.

SKINNER!

Banned
London have a lot of British people who happen to be very stuck up and all..

hmm, the class system mentality is still present but that's the same everywhere in the world tbh. Just ask Lirlond why he refuses to venture into the West End of Glasgow whenever I suggest we go there :p

Iggy was rad as shit last night and now I have a mild hangover. Hello Wednesday, you mid-week fuck.

Lucky! That must've been an amazing show!

Yo Mike, got gym tonight but I'll be home around 8.30ish so I'm in if you're still playing by then.

LukeTim

What? Threats have always been illegal. They are in the usa, Bastion of Freedom™, too.

If you threaten to murder school children/commit a terrorist act, you're going to do time.

We're not talking about a simple "ah you bastard I'll kill you!!!" over someone pissing you off - these are threats that cause legitimate fear, and chaos, having measurable impacts on people (they might alter how they go about their life to "stay safe") and the state (police have to investigate the threat, beef up security etc.)

You may also be distressed to learn that you can go to jail for encouraging others to commit crimes, inciting riots, or telling lies with repercussions.

I actually didn't know that...

I hadn't thought about the impact of the threat itself, to be honest... just the fact that making a threat doesn't mean anything is necessarily going to happen... all you're really doing is saying some words.

Still not sure that it's really a sensible thing to send someone to prison for.

SKINNER!

Banned

Ballad of Gay Tony had a fantastic soundtrack too.

Still remember when my uni friends watched the Ballad of Gay Tony trailer at the computer lab and everyone was singing Foreigner's "I Want to Know What Love Is" everytime someone walked past our cluster. One of the guys in the group did some testing on that game at Rockstar North in Edinburgh and he only started talking after the game was released. Well jelly!

Oh and The Look by The Roxettes. That song was great.

NinjaBoiX

I actually didn't know that...

I hadn't thought about the impact of the threat itself, to be honest... just the fact that making a threat doesn't mean anything is necessarily going to happen... all you're really doing is saying some words.

Still not sure that it's really a sensible thing to send someone to prison for.
Think of the number of times a horrific act has been carried out, then in the aftermath, the culprits nearest and dearest say something along the lines of:

"We should really have heeded the warning signs"

"I wish we'd acted sooner, we just took "X" as an empty threat"

Or

"If we'd taken it seriously and raised the alarm, we may have prevented this from happening"

A threat is a precursor to an act, and must be taken as such.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Going to nip round to the back gardens and strim some of my part of the grass as a statement to the neighbours that i will get round to doing the front in the near future.

I got 8 cups of Bovril for 99p at (shocker) the 99p store. Does this stuff actually fill you up? I've had one and it's just felt like its gone through me. Must not be northern enough.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
damn you Scots have "putting the work off to later" down to a fucking science

Another point for the lazy man is all i can say bruv.

I got 8 cups of Bovril for 99p at (shocker) the 99p store. Does this stuff actually fill you up? I've had one and it's just felt like its gone through me. Must not be northern enough.

Its fucking awesome, Though after a few days you will never drink it again.

Another flaw with shorts and summer is you can't get away with wearing odd fucking socks, Having to hunt around my drawer for a matching pair is a downright waste of time.

Brings it all back that does

Mikeside

I still haven't played it Mike. I know, what the fuck!

I'm going to get the ending spoiled before I finish now, in just know it. I'm going to get cracking tonight. Mos Def.

the mp doesn't really spoil the single player story at all so get on it anyway!

Yo Mike, got gym tonight but I'll be home around 8.30ish so I'm in if you're still playing by then.

I probably won't be home until 7 either so I reckon 8:30 will be perfect for me.

2 more... Candice? Tash? Sniv? Suairyu?

Suairyu

Banned
Still need to finish the singleplayer. It's fucking stressing me out how little time I have to myself now that I have housemates and my girlfriend lives nearby.

Also when I do have a spare hour, the PS3 overheats in this fucking summer furnace.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

I probably won't be home until 7 either so I reckon 8:30 will be perfect for me.

I've still not got TLOU. I'll get around to it next month maybe. I'm in no hurry, it'll still be good by the time I play it I'm sure :)

Reknoc

I dunno if I ever want to play TLOU's MP again. Not because I didn't like it (I did) but because I played it on like day 2, and no one knew how to play so I managed to claw my way to the top in the couple of matches I played. I'm sure if I played it now I would find myself at the bottom (like with everything that isn't Mario Kart).

I've still not got TLOU. I'll get around to it next month maybe. I'm in no hurry, it'll still be good by the time I play it I'm sure :)

Same here, still not got it yet. And seeing as I just bought 4 gig tickets I think I'm going to hold off on making any more purchases till I get paid on Monday

afoni

Banned
Speaking of money, my university just pulled a 180 and sent me a letter telling me that instead of not getting my deposit for halls back, they're giving me the whole fucking thing back.

Bureaucracy.

£250 back in the bank though, so I can't complain.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Same here, still not got it yet. And seeing as I just bought 4 gig tickets I think I'm going to hold off on making any more purchases till I get paid on Monday

Yeah, I'm similarly spent up to my hilt now - out this weekend with you guys again, and then havea week off with my lady at the end of the month (dumb timing that we should have thought of ahead of time, will be truely skint by then!). Games can wait, I have plenty to play on my backlog still.

NinjaBoiX

Yeah, you're probably right. Pencil me in tentatively Mike.
I'm worried I'm going to get the story spoiled on here. That would suck massively.
Dat guilt trip...

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Does anyone here know much about bath? I might be moving there, shall I go for it or not?

My mum grew up there, depends on what area you move to but regardless it is all quite posh and you're about an hour away from london which is good, where abouts woud you be moving to?

Yay! Got that black AC3 hoodie in the post today and fits just great! Asian small ftw. xD

Oh yeah, so we do a lot of "would you rathers" at work. So today's question is...

Would you rather have a dead testicle (which apparently causes very sharp pains) or a prolapsed anus?

NinjaBoiX

I'm sure I've already said you can make it up to me ;)
ISwtdsK.gif

Yay! Got that black AC3 hoodie in the post today and fits just great! Asian small ftw. xD

Oh yeah, so we do a lot of "would you rathers" at work. So today's question is...

Would you rather have a dead testicle (which apparently causes very sharp pains) or a prolapsed anus?
That AC3 hoodie is very cool, I love the twisted zip.

Can I just have a dead anus instead? That doesn't sound too bad.

Mikeside

Same boat on the cash side. I somehow spent 270 quid at the weekend plus petrol - I'm going to be on a 50 quid budget for Caversham fest so I might actually just drive & not worry about drinking

Musha I'll give you an update on the gig later when I get a firm yes or no from the bosses

That AC3 hoodie is very cool, I love the twisted zip.

Can I just have a dead anus instead? That doesn't sound too bad.

Yarp, it ended up looking a lot better than I thought. It'll probably shrink after a wash too, so it'll be perfecto!

Well, with a dead anus, you wouldn't be able to control your farts and your poopie. :O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom