• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2010/apr/01/labour-gordon-brown-hard-man

No-nonsense Gordon: Labour's secret election posters

Gordon-Brown-campaign-pos-003.jpg

Gordon-Brown-campaign-pos-005.jpg

Made me smile anyway :lol
For me, these were the glory days of comedy in British politics.

Also Weebls Gordon Song

Sadetar

I feel disappointed in myself, normally I am quite good at internet stalking. I have failed to find three people that I work with tonight. Damn people with ridiculous variations of their names.
Oh, I so know that feeling! Frustrating isn't it?

Thank god I am not the only one.

That also makes me hate my friends who work on internet security and I can't seriously find not a single thing about them online.

Jordan

Oh, I so know that feeling! Frustrating isn't it?

Thank god I am not the only one.

That also makes me hate my friends who work on internet security and I can't seriously find not a single thing about them online.

Oh, I'm impossible to find online. I could tell you my full name, date of birth and you would not find me.

Two of the people that I am struggling to find, both work in Human Resources, and from what I remember both will need to be fairly hidden just in case any of the employees try and find them (aka me) but the third person, I don't know why I can't find her - she does have a fairly common name, and her profile photo on facebook or twitter could be something not of any use to her. I found two people who could potentially be her, with mutual friends but I'm not entirely sure because I can't find any photographs that are clear enough to make the judgement.

On a completely different note, is anyone with a SuperHub version 1 having massive difficulties with DHCP? I know the SuperHub is a pile of shit, but my other router has died a death so I am having to suffer with this POS. Really tempted to call up pretending to be my old man and just throw some technical shit at them and try to get the new version of the SuperHub!

NinjaBoiX

does anyone have a pic of ninjaboi? this is one of the last remaining mysteries this thread has.
No pics needed Chinner, just imagine a combination of bald Colin Farrell, Timmy Mallet, Justin Timberlake and Karl Pilkington.

It's like I'm standing right next to you isn't it?

Sadetar

Oh, I'm impossible to find online. I could tell you my full name, date of birth and you would not find me.

Two of the people that I am struggling to find, both work in Human Resources, and from what I remember both will need to be fairly hidden just in case any of the employees try and find them (aka me) but the third person, I don't know why I can't find her - she does have a fairly common name, and her profile photo on facebook or twitter could be something not of any use to her. I found two people who could potentially be her, with mutual friends but I'm not entirely sure because I can't find any photographs that are clear enough to make the judgement.
Now I am just utterly jealous.

I have won too many competitions and lotteries so my name comes up really easily. It has been used online in work purposes as well. Also it doesn't help at all that my first and last name combination is one of a kind. This battle is so lost. Dammit.

Jordan

Now I am just utterly jealous.

I have won too many competitions and lotteries so my name comes up really easily. It has been used online in work purposes as well. Also it doesn't help at all that my first and last name combination is one of a kind. This battle is so lost. Dammit.

The only thing I can ever find is my LinkedIn page and that's for work purposes. There is no photograph of me, no personal information other than where I work and where I have worked.

I'm pretty sure I'm the only person in the world with my name, so yeah, ridiculously easy to find online. Plus there are so many things I signed up to then forgot about, googling my name is actually quite scary. I should probably do something about that sometime.

Luckily I don't think my name links me to the video of the Lady Gaga dance so that's something

Jordan

I'm pretty sure I'm the only person in the world with my name, so yeah, ridiculously easy to find online. Plus there are so many things I signed up to then forgot about, googling my name is actually quite scary. I should probably do something about that sometime.

Luckily I don't think my name links me to the video of the Lady Gaga dance so that's something

B3ZZJOF.gif

Yes! Just booked my tickets to the 22:40 IMAX 3D showing of Pacific Rim tomorrow, GET HYPE!!!

ibah0q9OXY1EfM.gif

If I google my name, there's youtube vids of me within the first three links. xD

SKINNER!

Banned
Feeeeeeeeee-e-e-e-ed my eeeeyes, can you sew them shut?
Jeeeeeeeeee-e-e-eesus Chriiiiiist, deny your maker!

They were so great at Download. Cannot wait

EDIT: Zomg, Pacific Rim is this weekend! Must get on that!

Got the job in bath despite not wanting it :( sort of annoyed because I signed a contract a while back that commits me to jobs this agency sends me for until next march.

Anyone know much about bath? Will it be fun or am I in for a dull few months?

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Got the job in bath despite not wanting it :( sort of annoyed because I signed a contract a while back that commits me to jobs this agency sends me for until next march.

Looks pretty historic, almost like a poor man's linlithgow.

Chinner

Banned
Going to watch Pacific rim in 40 mins! going by myself as gf refuses to watch it because it has robots.

despite this they're doing novelty/limited edition drinks and pop corn so gonna get that shit. excite!

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving

I did respond to you and ask where abouts you were moving

It's a great place, really nice, little bit posh in some areas but the nightlife can be great and there are beautiful women, its only an hour away from london too

Kentpaul

Oranges and black coffee for breakfast, I'm such a European.

Kent is that the canal that attaches to the falkirk wheel ?that goes by my house too. Forth and clyde its called I think.

Sure is mate, I have to walk up a path there to switch to another canal to reach maddiston from bonnybridge. Man the canal is fucking awesome.

Kentpaul

Haha. We should cycle down it and meet each other ;p

I'm not that fit yet son, I can manage a 9,10 mile cycle from BONNYBRIDGE to to MADDISTON. But you stay in bloody glasgow lol. I have heard from shorty that your a good guy so i'l keep it on the back burner. It is a great idea though as i seem to get a get in a really good mood when i'm cruising along the canal on my bike with really responsive gears. Glad i forked out the extra bills for it now, I did sit in a shed for a good year though lol.

do feel like a bit of a loser going by myself

Your 100 times more awesome than groups of spotty teenagers going to it making lame jokes at parts of the movie. I seen the xfiles movie my self and felt like a damn cool enthusiast, Got some slagging of the guys at work for that one though when i told them about it lol.

Full grown men just don't understand.

Feeeeeeeeee-e-e-e-ed my eeeeyes, can you sew them shut?
Jeeeeeeeeee-e-e-eesus Chriiiiiist, deny your maker!

They were so great at Download. Cannot wait

EDIT: Zomg, Pacific Rim is this weekend! Must get on that!

They were fucking awesome at DL, so glad I got to the Arena in time for Down in a Hole. Enjoy!

I don't know what it's like to live there, but I love visiting the place, it's really beautiful and there are some great places to eat and go out.

I'm so happy it's Thursday guys, this week is dragging by despite my impromptu sick day.

Lirlond

I'm not that fit yet son, I can manage a 9,10 mile cycle from BONNYBRIDGE to to MADDISTON. But you stay in bloody glasgow lol. I have heard from shorty that your a good guy so i'l keep it on the back burner. It is a great idea though as i seem to get a get in a really good mood when i'm cruising along the canal on my bike with really responsive gears. Glad i forked out the extra bills for it now, I did sit in a shed for a good year though lol.

Your 100 times more awesome than groups of spotty teenagers going to it making lame jokes at parts of the movie. I seen the xfiles movie my self and felt like a damn cool enthusiast, Got some slagging of the guys at work for that one though when i told them about it lol.

Full grown men just don't understand.

Its only 20 Miles. Easy haha

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Guys, I have a videogame quandry I want your advice on.

My 360 is ooooooold and the disc drive has finally died on me. It won't open by itself at all (need to use the ol' paperclip trick) and when I put a game in it'll no long read it. I can still play downloadable stuff, but disc based is out the window. Not so bad anyway since I have a PS3 now (thanks again Mike!) and that's been my main gaming platform for a couple of months, hence not noticing that the Xbox had shit itself.

Now, my question is: I have a load of disc based games. I used to have more but I've lent a significant number of them out and don't care so much if I get them back. Should I sell them all to GAME for the trade-in so I could pick up TLOU and maybe something else, or should I keep hold of them in case I get another 360 (unlikely)? The XB1 has no b/c afaik so even if I do get one down the line, I'm not going to be able to play these old games anyway. And we're right at the end of the gen as it is, am I really going to play the Gears series again? I doubt it.

So, what do? I kinda know what I should do, but I'd like some peer pressure to push me over the edge.

Kentpaul

Sell everything and get a Wii U Jed.

Yes Musha, this week is dragging like snail's balls.

It's been a great week, You should see my tan son. Shit's fucking awesome. Had my ups and lows but things seem to be going well.

Kentpaul

Guys, I have a videogame quandry I want your advice on.

My 360 is ooooooold and the disc drive has finally died on me. It won't open by itself at all (need to use the ol' paperclip trick) and when I put a game in it'll no long read it. I can still play downloadable stuff, but disc based is out the window. Not so bad anyway since I have a PS3 now (thanks again Mike!) and that's been my main gaming platform for a couple of months, hence not noticing that the Xbox had shit itself.

Now, my question is: I have a load of disc based games. I used to have more but I've lent a significant number of them out and don't care so much if I get them back. Should I sell them all to GAME for the trade-in so I could pick up TLOU and maybe something else, or should I keep hold of them in case I get another 360 (unlikely)? The XB1 has no b/c afaik so even if I do get one down the line, I'm not going to be able to play these old games anyway. And we're right at the end of the gen as it is, am I really going to play the Gears series again? I doubt it.

So, what do? I kinda know what I should do, but I'd like some peer pressure to push me over the edge.

Just buy a core for like 30 quid BRUV.

NinjaBoiX

It's been a great week, You should see my tan son. Shit's fucking awesome. Had my ups and lows but things seem to be going well.
Kent done good! I'm pleased man, enjoy life bruv, what's the point otherwise?

Just went to the old's for my lunch, poppa bear handed me four Arctic Monkeys tickets and served me some awesome sausage casserole.

What a guy!

Kentpaul

Its only 20 Miles. Easy haha

Its something that could be a great idea, I am 9 miles from bonnybridge though then like another 3 from Cumberland, croy ect.

I'd need to pack a 6 pack of beers or something in a backpack for such an epic quest.

Kent done good! I'm pleased man, enjoy life bruv, what's the point otherwise?

Just went to the old's for my lunch, poppa bear handed me four Arctic Monkeys and served me some awesome sausage casserole.

What a guy!

Stopped all my meds man, Why lay around feeling sorry for my self ? what's the bloody point.

Fuck the NHS! I'l eat well and live well. (apart from a Chinese tonight, WHO CAN RESIT ? no none that's who) Can't beat some time with the family to man, I'l be CYCLING to bonnybridge later to play cards with my grandmother.

right guys, getting round to cutting my grass. The lazy man has to do something non lazy for once to restore the balance

SKINNER!

Banned
Your 100 times more awesome than groups of spotty teenagers going to it making lame jokes at parts of the movie. I seen the xfiles movie my self and felt like a damn cool enthusiast, Got some slagging of the guys at work for that one though when i told them about it lol. Full grown men just don't understand.

69AArnj.gif

This man gets it. Grow a pair Chinner.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Just buy a core for like 30 quid BRUV.

I don't know if I'll be playing any more 360 games by the end of the gen though. Only things on my radar are TLOU and GTAV, both of which I'll be doing on PS3. Maybe Beyond as well. No point in spending more money on a 360 I'm not going to use.

Kentpaul

I don't know if I'll be playing any more 360 games by the end of the gen though. Only things on my radar are TLOU and GTAV, both of which I'll be doing on PS3. Maybe Beyond as well. No point in spending more money on a 360 I'm not going to use.

Good on you then lad, Moving on is the way forward.

Literally.

Ninja I just saw your post in the fragrances thread. Please please do not wear Issey Miyake when we go see Paramore, unless you really want me to get massively rapey.

NinjaBoiX

Ninja I just saw your post in the fragrances thread. Please please do not wear Issey Miyake when we go see Paramore, unless you really want me to get massively rapey.
Haha, what? You think I'm wearing cologne when in such close proximity to mai waifu? I've got a bottle of chloroform ordered specially, I tend to find it makes the ladies melt into my arms.

faridmon

I really don't understand this insecurity some of many in GAF have going by yourself to Cinema/gigs/clubs. I do it most of the time (because i have rubbish friends) and its really enjoyable, you meet a lot of people and you don't have to worry whether your friends liked the occasion or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom