• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
wtb: games in steam sale
wts: soul, kidney, sexuality
I'll probably jump on Bioshock Infinite. Need to read up more on Endless Space to decide whether it's worth a buy as well.

I basically restrict myself to one item per day from the daily sales only, as they are the best deals. Most other things will just go on sale later anyway. Give myself a max budget of $50 per steam sale so I don't go overboard. Even that is a little much since I hardly play these days and I have a huge backlog already.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Just hold out unless it happens to be a game you really, really want to play. Otherwise trust me when I say it WILL go on sale again later. Remember we have a lot of shit coming out in the next few months like GTA: V, Rayman (lol), etc. and next gen beginning this fall. Shouldn't be that hard to hold out as compared to previous years like the quarter 1 drought of 2010.

Looking at Jedeye's list, it's mighty tempting to do a similar thing and just get rid of a ton of games. It would be very liberating.

Part of me would love an all-digital future for games, but it'd be weird paying full whack for 1s and 0s. I'm full digital for books (apart from the new Stephen King since that wasn't released as an e-book) and have stopped buying floppies of comics completely (I still buy stuff I really like in trade for the shelf and to lend to friends). Those are impulse priced though, it's not the same as paying €50 for a new console game.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Done 20 miles today on the OL canal, Got a little bored and had to cut through falkirk at one point though.

I have learned today "dogs" are very unpredictable and caution must be taking when passing a "dog"

Suairyu

Banned
The trade in value of all my old games (apart from Halo) is £128. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

edit: but all that STUFF! What if I want to play them again?? I only played most of them once and they were pretty good. Oh who am I kidding, I'll buy the superHD versions next gen I'm sure.

The normal person in my head knows what to do, but the hoarder is shouting KEEP IT KEEP IT and he's loud.

edit 2 (edit harder): here's THE LIST for any nerds who might like a list:

The Darkness
Grand Theft Auto IV
Saints Row The Third
XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Bulletstorm
L.A. Noire
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
Far Cry 3
BioShock Infinite
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Collector's Edition
Red Faction: Armageddon
Red Faction Guerrilla
Gears of War 2
Gears of War
Fallout 3
Batman: Arkham City
Half-Life 2: The Orange Box
Dead Space
Left 4 Dead
Assassin's Creed
Portal 2
Dragon Age: Origins
Dragon Age 2
Red Dead Redemption
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Dead Rising
GUN
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts
Mirror's Edge
Mass Effect 2

have at least 10 more out on loan somewhere as well.
Scroll back a few pages to see my heartache of giving up over £200 of games.

But it was worth it. Head feels so much clearer.

And now with £100 of credit left I might pick up a 3DS XL.

8bit

Knows the Score
Dogs are bastards, a little shit machine jumped up and bit my son a month or so ago when he walked past it. He's got a little bruise on his upper inner thigh but he was was more perturbed by the fact it was close to his groin. "I don't think I'd like it it if a dog bit my willy off."

Kentpaul

Dogs are bastards, a little shit machine jumped up and bit my son a month or so ago when he walked past it. He's got a little bruise on his upper inner thigh but he was was more perturbed by the fact it was close to his groin. "I don't think I'd like it it if a dog bit my willy off."

I'd kick a dogs ass if one started with me, The only animal I'm scared of is swan's. If a swan started shit i would make a hefty bail out of the area.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
What would you actually do though if a dog was attacking you? If you try kicking its likely to just tear into your leg. I'd only feel on even ground if I had a bat. All the advice I've seen is to curl up in a ball but that hardly seems smart. My gf carries pepper spray, would that even affect a dog or would we have to get bear mace?

Kentpaul

What would you actually do though if a dog was attacking you? If you try kicking its likely to just tear into your leg. I'd only feel on even ground if I had a bat. All the advice I've seen is to curl up in a ball but that hardly seems smart. My gf carries pepper spray, would that even affect a dog or would we have to get bear mace?

Id lube my finger and stick it up the dogs ass to give it a shock. Really through im a big guy I would have no problem dealing with an aggressive dog. I wouldn't mess with a staffy though lol I would run like fuck

Pepper spray would just anger the dog more.

You've got to wonder what you did to piss the dog off for it to attack you. Most dogs won't attack anyone, even if provoked. Of course there are a few that haven't been raised properly, trained to fight and be aggressive by dickheads who shouldn't be allowed to own animals. I don't think I've ever had a dog be in any way aggressive towards me. I have big big issues with people who don't treat animals right.

Suairyu

Banned
Holy fucking shit. I just 'shot' someone on the bus. Was opening my bottle of cola and it exploded off with a huge bang and hit this poor woman in the arm.

Weirdest thing is it isn't fizzing or anything. All gas.

Suairyu

Banned
When I worked door to door a dog latched its jaws onto my arm and wouldn't let go. The fucker managed to bite through seven layers of clothing (it was that really cold winter two years ago) and draw blood.

I had a pen tucked behind my ear and I thought I'd have to stab the thing in the eye or throat or something, but the owner pulled it off me with a "heheh sorry about that mate"

I called the police after getting sorted by A&E and it was destroyed soon after. I feel zero regret or sadness because I just think what if it hadn't been a big guy but a little child or something? You can still see the teeth marks in my arm clear as day two years later.

afoni

Banned
When I worked door to door a dog latched its jaws onto my arm and wouldn't let go. The fucker managed to bite through seven layers of clothing (it was that really cold winter two years ago) and draw blood.

I had a pen tucked behind my ear and I thought I'd have to stab the thing in the eye or throat or something, but the owner pulled it off me with a "heheh sorry about that mate"

I called the police after getting sorted by A&E and it was destroyed soon after. I feel zero regret or sadness because I just think what if it hadn't been a big guy but a little child or something? You can still see the teeth marks in my arm clear as day two years later.

Breed?

Keep punching that fucker in the face. Over and over.

I wouldn't have a problem with reporting a dog like that either. Fuck it.

Sadetar

Is there any crossover opportunities here? A Mike/Tash sandwich would be heavenly.
I am volunteering to come and record it for you all.
osa_filming.gif

Having said that, I'm down if you're willing to shave your butt smooth, Tash.
You tease, you.

Now I am all excited.

NinjaBoiX

Suairyu, I get that you wouldn't feel regret, in the sense that it may have been much worse in different circumstances.

But at the same time, the poor guy obviously saw you as a threat for whatever reason. I'm not sure whether dogs have a moral code, it's pretty much just animalistic instinct.

I'd definitely feel sad about it, but I guess I can appreciate your POV.

Suairyu

Banned
Suairyu, I get that you wouldn't feel regret, in the sense that it may have been much worse in different circumstances.

But at the same time, the poor guy obviously saw you as a threat for whatever reason. I'm not sure whether dogs have a moral code, it's pretty much just animalistic instinct.

I'd definitely feel sad about it, but I guess I can appreciate your POV.
What can you do? It'd been raised wrong and was probably beyond being corrected. It's hard to feel sad for something that likely wanted to kill you.

Mikeside

What can you do? It'd been raised wrong and was probably beyond being corrected. It's hard to feel sad for something that likely wanted to kill you.

I feel like that's kind of judging an animal by human standards. It's definitely possible to correct a dog like that. I've done so in the past.

NinjaBoiX

He may have wanted to kill you, but for purely instinctive reasons. Dogs aren't sentient beings, it wasn't a malicious attack.

Anyway, I guess we just disagree.

Suairyu

Banned
I feel like that's kind of judging an animal by human standards
No, it's judging it by animal standards. Threat = removed.

Judging it by human standards would be to assign human emotions to it and make the mistake of treating it like a misunderstood child.

It had been raised into a savage beast and the situation could have been much worse and sooner or later it would have been. Maybe you could have spent a long time deprogramming and retraining it but neither the state nor rescue centres have the resources for every case.

Destroying it was the only sane option, and as shitty as it is that an animal had to lose its life for any reason other than food, that's what happened.

Suairyu

Banned
He may have wanted to kill you, but for purely instinctive reasons. Dogs aren't sentient beings, it wasn't a malicious attack.

Anyway, I guess we just disagree.
I don't disagree that it's unfortunate. I wish it had been raised properly and could have died of old age.

But creatures acting instinctively must be treated with the same instinct when a threat to the safety of others.

NinjaBoiX

Fair play man.

"as shitty as it is that an animal had to lose its life for any reason other than food, that's what happened."

That's all I needed to hear!

;)

It just sounded a little heartless at first, like it was just a problem to be extinguished. There was a sound reason behind your decision, even if I wouldn't have necessarily made the same one.

Mikeside

No, it's judging it by animal standards. Threat = removed.

Judging it by human standards would be to assign human emotions to it and make the mistake of treating it like a misunderstood child.

It had been raised into a savage beast and the situation could have been much worse and sooner or later it would have been. Maybe you could have spent a long time deprogramming and retraining it but neither the state nor rescue centres have the resources for every case.

Destroying it was the only sane option, and as shitty as it is that an animal had to lose its life for any reason other than food, that's what happened.

Yeah, see, in my opinion, this is a massive assumption. The dog bit you, which is wrong, sure, but it could easily have been correctable. Not that you did the wrong thing, of course. You couldn't know whether it WAS correctable.

jimbor

Banned
The only thing more boring than the Scott/Charlene bollocks in this thread is the posting of self reaction gifs.

Fuck all y'all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom