• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This series of BritGAF is now officially the worst series of BritGAF. The romance sub-plot is going into territory that I can't even begin to understand.

Might drop the show and start watching AusGAF instead.

I'm sorry. I'll stop now. Just for you.

Because you're awesome.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
This series of BritGAF is now officially the worst series of BritGAF. The romance sub-plot is going into territory that I can't even begin to understand.

Might drop the show and start watching AusGAF instead.

What was the best series, past OT included

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Just outside the falkirk wheel on my peddle wheeler. Cant wait to wash it later and fuck exercise feels good.

Just watched Oldboy trailer, I see a few of your talking about it a couple pages back. Stylistically looks pretty good, with quite a few cues taken from the Korean film.

Also...

Brolin shagging Olsen, who is obviously his daughter despite the video screen showing someone else. LOL

TCRS

Banned
Just watched Oldboy trailer, I see a few of your talking about it a couple pages back. Stylistically looks pretty good, with quite a few cues taken from the Korean film.

Also...

Brolin shagging Olsen, who is obviously his daughter despite the video screen showing someone else. LOL

Not even interested in that. Oldboy (the korean one) is good , but it's part two of a trilogy, and the other two are much better. Watch them if you haven't (Lady Vengeance comes last because of the references to the first two movies).

Hystzen

Not even interested in that. Oldboy (the korean one) is good , but it's part two of a trilogy, and the other two are much better. Watch them if you haven't (Lady Vengeance comes last because of the references to the first two movies).

Lady Vengenace (fade to black version) >>> Mr Vengenance>>>>>>Oldboy

NinjaBoiX

There are two versions? I watched it on netflix, no idea what version that is.
OG.

Spike Lee is removing the subtitles and no doubt clumsily re-shooting the scenes frame for frame for illiterate dummies.

Edit: I misunderstood the question. nvm.

Hystzen

There are two versions? I watched it on netflix, no idea what version that is.

Fade To Black slowly drains the colour out of film until it turns into a black and white movie near end. Also changes to background and clothes colours

Think most Blu ray version have it as standard

Oh, don't let me stop the romance. I just miss when the focus of the show used to be Tashbrooke and the fear of his penis dropping off.

I dunno, I don't think Ninja's feeling it as much as me *sigh*

I may just back the hell off now before he gets sick of me

Hystzen

just fuck already then we can have the post sex awkwardness in the thread

(this counts for either Musha x Ninja or Mike x Tash)

afoni

Banned

Force a plot twist. I hear he loves plot twists.

I just got the Skype message of the century and now I am absolutely fucking buzzing. Best week.

Mikeside

You can't solve all problems with post-coital awkwardness, Hyst. How many times must we have this discussion?

Having said that, I'm down if you're willing to shave your butt smooth, Tash.

Does anyone have any recommendations for internet?

I'm moving house in a few days and shopping around for some, it turns out Virgin media doesn't provide to my new home and it's only 10mb and not fibre. So I'm looking at either BT infinity 2 or Plusnet.

Any opinions on either of them?

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
My penis is alright guys, your worrying is nice but it works alright now, but we do need some drama in this thread so I'm thinking either one of us goes to prison or the north assassinate one of the south

I'm open to ideas though

Does anyone have any recommendations for internet?

I'm moving house in a few days and shopping around for some, it turns out Virgin media doesn't provide to my new home and it's only 10mb and not fibre. So I'm looking at either BT infinity 2 or Plusnet.

Any opinions on either of them?

how can you get infinity without fibre?

NinjaBoiX

Haha, I don't mind Musha, I'm quite enjoying the playful flirting, it's all good fun in my book!

But yeah, I think it's getting too much for some folk. There is no romance on GAF anymore, it's serious business.

We'll just have to keep it on the down low, PM me little haiku love poems or something.

Maybe lead to dicpix.
get your own schtick - infatuated and rejected is my thing

plus I'm pretty sure ole Ninja was sporting a between-the-legs chubby for you on that bus :p
It was at full mast Mike, apparently she didn't even notice.

:/

Is there any crossover opportunities here? A Mike/Tash sandwich would be heavenly.
Force a plot twist. I hear he loves plot twists.
I didn't go home at the weekend. I turned right around and sneakily followed Musha home. I've been sleeping on her balcony for the last four nights, spying into her bedroom.

faridmon

See that movie dropping the
incest
and turn into wash, they were only step family or whatever shit Spike Lee is good at.

That movie will be rubbish and you know it.

how can you get infinity without fibre?

I've got no clue, I'm using virgin media at the moment and that's what they tell me. I have to switch from my broadband only plan to one that is broadband+phone and I can only get to the max of 16mb in my new property.

According to BT and Plusnet, I can get up to 60mb so that's much faster.

Argh, the only downside to ordering clothes online: when the fit is completely different to what the website says. Apparently straight fit means skinny now? Or do models have girly legs these days? I hope Asos are quick with exchanges/refunds.

Haha, I don't mind Musha, I'm quite enjoying the playful flirting, it's all good fun in my book!

But yeah, I think it's getting too much for some folk. There is no romance on GAF anymore, it's serious business.

We'll just have to keep it on the down low, PM me little haiku love poems or something.

Maybe lead to dicpix.

It was at full mast Mike, apparently she didn't even notice.

:/

Is there any crossover opportunities here? A Mike/Tash sandwich would be heavenly.

I didn't go home at the weekend. I turned right around and sneakily followed Musha home. I've been sleeping on her balcony for the last four nights, spying into her bedroom.

Haiku pm'd

See you on the balcony when I get home ;)

Edit: I caved. Walked out of station and saw Blockbuster. Bought The Last of Us.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
The trade in value of all my old games (apart from Halo) is £128. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

edit: but all that STUFF! What if I want to play them again?? I only played most of them once and they were pretty good. Oh who am I kidding, I'll buy the superHD versions next gen I'm sure.

The normal person in my head knows what to do, but the hoarder is shouting KEEP IT KEEP IT and he's loud.

edit 2 (edit harder): here's THE LIST for any nerds who might like a list:

The Darkness
Grand Theft Auto IV
Saints Row The Third
XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Bulletstorm
L.A. Noire
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
Far Cry 3
BioShock Infinite
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Collector's Edition
Red Faction: Armageddon
Red Faction Guerrilla
Gears of War 2
Gears of War
Fallout 3
Batman: Arkham City
Half-Life 2: The Orange Box
Dead Space
Left 4 Dead
Assassin's Creed
Portal 2
Dragon Age: Origins
Dragon Age 2
Red Dead Redemption
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Dead Rising
GUN
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts
Mirror's Edge
Mass Effect 2

have at least 10 more out on loan somewhere as well.

The trade in value of all my old games (apart from Halo) is £128. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

edit: but all that STUFF! What if I want to play them again?? I only played most of them once and they were pretty good. Oh who am I kidding, I'll buy the superHD versions next gen I'm sure.

The normal person in my head knows what to do, but the hoarder is shouting KEEP IT KEEP IT and he's loud.

edit 2 (edit harder): here's THE LIST for any nerds who might like a list:

The Darkness
Grand Theft Auto IV
Saints Row The Third
XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Bulletstorm
L.A. Noire
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
Far Cry 3
BioShock Infinite
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Collector's Edition
Red Faction: Armageddon
Red Faction Guerrilla
Gears of War 2
Gears of War
Fallout 3
Batman: Arkham City
Half-Life 2: The Orange Box
Dead Space
Left 4 Dead
Assassin's Creed
Portal 2
Dragon Age: Origins
Dragon Age 2
Red Dead Redemption
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Dead Rising
GUN
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts
Mirror's Edge
Mass Effect 2

have at least 10 more out on loan somewhere as well.

I'd trade them in, I got rid of my Xbox 360 and the games, spunked the lot on Steam.

NinjaBoiX

Jed, I'm in the same boat fella. I culled about a third of my collection a few months ago, thinking I was giving myself some breathing room to actually play some of the damn things!

But in the last few months, I've literally played about 10-15 hours cumulatively. I've barely started TLoU. I think I'm just going to cherry pick the best stuff I haven't played yet, and just crack on.

Then next year, sell the lot, (apart from my 3DS, and of course my Vita Dave) and trade up to the PS4.

I've got my work cut out though, my game collection is vast. It's a bit embarrassing really.

Musha, you made the right decision. I haven't played much, but it was incredible. The intro man, the feels...

Jordan

So, I am currently playing through The Last of Us... I don't do well at horror or jumpy games - I couldn't even force myself to complete Alan Wake... but this game looks awesome so I'm persisting through.

However, I just had a fucking heart attack
in the hotel, where you get separated from Ellie and you have to turn the generator on to activate the door... I saw that Bloater and was just like fuck this shit and turned it off.

I'm not very far into it, I don't think - but I am loving it. For now, I'm going to change my underwear.

SKINNER!

Banned
I've been sleeping on her balcony for the last four nights, spying into her bedroom.

Miss that balcony :( It was like Narnia everytime we went to it from the living room. Such a great place to chill after pulling an Andrew WK on the streets of London. Best Britgaf meetup after-party venue.

Hystzen

So, I am currently playing through The Last of Us... I don't do well at horror or jumpy games - I couldn't even force myself to complete Alan Wake... but this game looks awesome so I'm persisting through.

However, I just had a fucking heart attack
in the hotel, where you get separated from Ellie and you have to turn the generator on to activate the door... I saw that Bloater and was just like fuck this shit and turned it off.

I'm not very far into it, I don't think - but I am loving it. For now, I'm going to change my underwear.

Just run at that part scout out area before you know where to go then just fucking run

I also nearly shat myself at that part and I'm opposite from you I never games or films scary

f0rk

What ISP should I go for if I don't have access to any of the fancy fiber/cable stuff?

Also the Steam sale has started :eek:

NinjaBoiX

Miss that balcony :( It was like Narnia everytime we went to it from the living room. Such a great place to chill after pulling an Andrew WK on the streets of London. Best Britgaf meetup after-party venue.
Yeah, great nerd pad. So much to see! I spent like an hour or two just looking around the room when we got back.

And we didn't even have a nerfgun fight! Christmas meet, I'm heading straight to Hamleys, grabbing that sweet nerf shotgun I had my eye on, then I'm going to shoot Tash in the nuts.

That PM chat got me listening to Mezzanine again Kent, it is pretty flawless like.

"Recollect me darlin', raise me to your lips,
Two undernourished egos, four rotating hips,
Hold on to me tightly I'm a sliding scale,
If you can endure, then you can inhale,"

So dark and menacing, with those tribal drums and brooding bassline. It sends shivers up my spine man!

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
TCRS, this is awesome. Why does it say Action Jackson and who is Maniac Synth?
Argh, the only downside to ordering clothes online: when the fit is completely different to what the website says. Apparently straight fit means skinny now? Or do models have girly legs these days? I hope Asos are quick with exchanges/refunds.
Yeah I don't do clothes online for this very reason; been burned too many times. Sure I've gotten refunds but it's just a massive waste of time in either case. Unless its a specialized item (very rarely happens) I just convince myself to (wo) man up and head to the store so I can try shit on.

I did respond to you and ask where abouts you were moving

It's a great place, really nice, little bit posh in some areas but the nightlife can be great and there are beautiful women, its only an hour away from london too

Oh sorry man it's been a stressful week so didn't spot any replies to my last post - thanks aswell musha.

Glad to hear bath seems like its good - I'm absolutely gutted though because I sort of had my heart set on the role in Birmingham - and I love where I work now

My agency has decided to push me through to the bath role and pulled me out last minuite from the Birmingham interview - at the same time they refused my current companies requests to keep me on. My current company really just needed to look at funding and plan finances before commiting earlier in the week - but my agency undercut them to send me on!

Signing with this agency has had its real ups and downs - as I said I love my current role and wouldnt have discovered it if it wasn't for them - but they have kind of pissed me off with the whole approach they took this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom