• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Cool, I'd never actually heard them before to be honest. Powerful voice, really eclectic mix styles even just in the one track, chunky riffs, I liked it man.

Would listen again Tash.
Good man, Listen to digital bath after a few spliffs with some good headphones, make sure the EQ is good, that should blow your mind, White pony is arguably their best album however the latest album "Koi No Yokan" is definitely my favourite by far.

Another cool track on the top ten is You've seen the butcher, chunky as fuck
from the album "Diamond Eyes" which also happens to be fucking amazing

The problem with Deftones is that they got lumped in with all those 90s Nu-Metalish bands, bands like Limp Bizkit, Korn, Linkin Park and...well.... all the rest of the gang on Kerrang. Whilst the others were cool, the whole movement really lost steam and kinda grew stale as pop took off, Deftones however carried on with their sound and it really has grown into something pretty fucking beautiful
TL;DR Listen to all their shit
Fuck yes. Love Chino.

Love Tash!

Don't know what's my definitive Deftones track out of

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbjqruCITIU

Or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gxZIL4zpIQ

Gotta be Back to school, classic fucking track.

NinjaBoiX

Just packed everything up ready for two months in Thailand. Bricks are being shat.
God speed sweet prince!
Deftones
TL;DR Listen to all their shit
I'm in there like swimwear this weekend fella, all over that shit!
Same here. Can't get enough of Rosemary.
I really like the sound of this album actually, I've liked everything I've heard from it thus far.
I feel dirty.
Awesome. :)

On the subject of dirty, and in lieu of that fucking house record I just can't find anywhere, here is some filthy, filthy electro for a sunny Saturday morning.

I'm gun dance rite now:

Justice - Waters of Nazareth

Mikeside

I stayed up until 3 watching Orange is the New Black on Netflix.

Serious contender for my new favourite show. Anyone else watching it?

Jordan

I stayed up until 3 watching Orange is the New Black on Netflix.

Serious contender for my new favourite show. Anyone else watching it?

Going to start today. Today is going to consist of waiting for my delayed hangover (fucking stupid body) - watching this program, and playing some PS3 so either TLoU or BF3!

TCRS

Banned
1Vf8ETu.jpg

loool

Jordan

So, I've recovered a little bit of memory from last night. I was a fucking arsehole :/

I text one of my friends there telling her to stop flirting and called her a slag. I hit on the bar lady and got rejected (she had a boyfriend.) I got really drunk and said goodbye to only two people and just wandered off and my friend had to chase after me to make sure I got a cab instead of walking home. I was shouting at the people shouting telling them to stop shouting. I shouted a guy because he accused me of hitting on his friend, and his friend was one of the nicest people I have ever met.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
So, I've recovered a little bit of memory from last night. I was a fucking arsehole :/

I text one of my friends there telling her to stop flirting and called her a slag. I hit on the bar lady and got rejected (she had a boyfriend.) I got really drunk and said goodbye to only two people and just wandered off and my friend had to chase after me to make sure I got a cab instead of walking home. I was shouting at the people shouting telling them to stop shouting. I shouted a guy because he accused me of hitting on his friend, and his friend was one of the nicest people I have ever met.

Holy crap, remind me not to go drinking with you bro :p

SKINNER!

Banned
Hey, if I see at you at another meet up, I'll just hand you one. I only got 3 of them because I could :D

Thanks! I greatly appreciate that. Not entirely sure when's the next meetup for me but if you still happen to have them the next time we meet then I'll get you a drink as a thank you :)

Just called my local Odeon IMAX and they say the don't have them :/

oh wow. that guy is obviously cool as fuck or just really old.

When you're as cool as Robert Redford you can get away with wearing anything.

Danj

From Metro:

Metro said:
Temperatures are expected to get as high as 32C (89.6F) today as England and Wales prepares for the hottest day of the year so far – but health authorities are urging the public to be careful during the warm weather.

The majority of England and Wales is expected to enjoy a heatwave between 28C and 31C today with temperatures set to remain in the mid to high 20s well into next week.

The Met Office has issued a level three alert for Yorkshire and the Humber after temperatures reached heatwave conditions, while level two alerts – preparing for the possibility of heatwave conditions – are in place across most of the country.

The alert said: ‘Heatwaves can be dangerous, especially for the very young, very old or those with chronic diseases.’

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Always Weed -> Booze.

Never Booze -> Weed.

My own father wasn't even smoking this hefty grass, There i was wasted thinking it couldn't go wrong.

Felt fine for 20 secs after the bucket before the most intense shit possible starting going on, what a body stone my fucking goodness i wanted it to end.

I think a few joints are fine when drinking but bongs/bucket kits just take the fucking piss.

faridmon

I have watched Pacific Rim yesterday due to GAF hype, and I left disappointed. The very last time I will listen to GAF hype again.

The movie was bad. The fights were good, but everything else was really bad. really really bad.

Hystzen

Damn PSN sales both Okami ad Zone of Enders collection bought even though should not be spending money meant be looking for driving instructor.

Suairyu

Banned
Why is Mike always pulling that scary face of a serial rapist clown?

He's usually positioned slightly behind people in photos, too.

I've always liked the red 3DSXL. Shame I can't really justify one of them when I have the original, which to be a honest is a bit flimsy and crappy. One day, maybe. 3D Land is a really good game too.

In other news...

itbeings0vs3q.jpg

It begins

Jealous. Since it's always the red and blue XL models that go on discount, I'll probably end up buying one them at some point. I'm thinking red since it reminds me of the limited edition Wii and DS.

Just packed everything up ready for two months in Thailand. Bricks are being shat.

Good luck and have fun over there! What are you doing? Work? Backpacking?
You should meet up with Chinner:
"Britgaf Asian Meet OT. Happy endings guaranteed"

Suairyu

Banned
Just finished World 1 and already I'm in love with the game. What a refreshing take on Mario gameplay. Really feels like the 2D games properly translated to a 3D environment. Very different from 64/Sunshine/Galaxy games, and a breath of fresh air after a million NSMB entries (which I always enjoy, but they definitely need to go away for a while)

SKINNER!

Banned
Holy shit at Pacific Rim you guys! Never felt a hyped up morale boost feeling like that from a film since seeing Independence Day when I was like 9/10 years old.

IMAX was gorgeous too but no posters sadly :( Damn you Odeon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom