• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
xXOfYQy.jpg

NinjaBoiX

Oh shit yeah, I made a mental note to wish Jordan Happy Birthday this morning. But I forgot and stuff.

Happy Birthday dude! Have a good one fella.

SKINNER!

Banned
It's 'shorts Friday' at work today.

The only shorts I own are a pair of pink hotpants from a Ramona Flowers costume and I don't think I should wear those today.

I'm not going to even ask why you have a Ramona Flowers costume but wear the shorts!

Jimbor and Shorty, some more Illmatic this morning, love it!

NAS - Represent

The Illmatic love in Britgaf makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. Gonna be chillin' at the park later today and will be blasting this while soakin' the rays!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qm8PH4xAss

It's my Birthday today. Hoping to have a fairly busy day ahead of me and then off raving tonight. Hope everybody has a great day :)

Happy Birthday Jordan!! f0rk passed this on to me on my birthday and now I feel its the right time to pass it along to you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y34jC4I1m70

Yaaaaaaay

It's raining on Monday and Tuesday yaaaaaaaay

It is also cooling down this weekend yaaaaaaaay

qnnertA.gif

'the fuck out of here.

Jordan

Oh shit yeah, I made a mental note to wish Jordan Happy Birthday this morning. But I forgot and stuff.

Happy Birthday dude! Have a good one fella.

Not a problem mate, thank you :)

Happy Birthday Jordan!! f0rk passed this on to me on my birthday and now I feel its the right time to pass it along to you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y34jC4I1m70

I got to see this guy live when I went to Wireless, he was late on stage and it was the most filled that the stage had been all day.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JORDAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you have a wonderfully thrilling day and survive the all night rave tonight!

Yaaaaaaay

It's raining on Monday and Tuesday yaaaaaaaay

It is also cooling down this weekend yaaaaaaaay

Where the hell are you? It ain't raining down here next week

jimbor

Banned
I'm not going to even ask why you have a Ramona Flowers costume but wear the shorts!

The Illmatic love in Britgaf makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. Gonna be chillin' at the park later today and will be blasting this while soakin' the rays!

qnnertA.gif

'the fuck out of here.

Illmatic was so fucking amazing for a debut. Yet another example of artists/bands that never top their first.

Mikeside

Not a problem mate, thank you :)

I got to see this guy live when I went to Wireless, he was late on stage and it was the most filled that the stage had been all day.

jooooordaaaaaan happy birthdaaaaay!!
omgwtfawesome at the Orange season ending, right!?!? so fuckin excited for the next one.

Morello is deep in my feels.

SKINNER!

Banned

Heard a bunch of rowdy, drunk teens on the train going through Southampton chanting "2 chaiiiiiiiiiiiinz" when I was down south. I was like "da fuq?!" Wasn't aware he was even that big in the UK.
He's not even that great >.>
Then again, I wasn't expecting there to be a lot of folk at the A$AP gig.

Illmatic was so fucking amazing for a debut. Yet another example of artists/bands that never top their first.

Some of Nas's stuff post-Illmatic is great but that album is so so so SO high up there it's just untouchable. Great album.

Jordan

jooooordaaaaaan happy birthdaaaaay!!
omgwtfawesome at the Orange season ending, right!?!? so fuckin excited for the next one.

Morello is deep in my feels.

Cheers Mike! I was just like:

Io3sOC3.gif

Damn I found Alex so god damn hot in it as well!

Heard a bunch of rowdy, drunk teens on the train going through Southampton chanting "2 chaiiiiiiiiiiiinz" when I was down south. Wasn't aware he was even that big in the UK.

No, I agree with you - the crowd went absolutely mental when the only song of his I knew came on 'We Own It' but it was really weird seeing the mixture of people that were in there - not stereotyping but normally you don't expect a small white 16 year old who was clearly spoiled rotten and comes from a family of wealth twerking...

Edit: God damn!!!

fMYrHup.gif

jimbor

Banned
Heard a bunch of rowdy, drunk teens on the train going through Southampton chanting "2 chaiiiiiiiiiiiinz" when I was down south. I was like "da fuq?!" Wasn't aware he was even that big in the UK.

Some of Nas's stuff post-Illmatic is great but that album is so so so SO high up there it's just untouchable. Great album.

Indubitably. Wasn't suggesting it was shite but it's a rare artist that goes from strength to strength nowadays.

jimbor

Banned
Cheers Mike! I was just like:

Io3sOC3.gif

Damn I found Alex so god damn hot in it as well!

No, I agree with you - the crowd went absolutely mental when the only song of his I knew came on 'We Own It' but it was really weird seeing the mixture of people that were in there - not stereotyping but normally you don't expect a small white 16 year old who was clearly spoiled rotten and comes from a family of wealth twerking...

Edit: God damn!!!

fMYrHup.gif

Wealthy white kids are hip hops biggest consumer so not that out of the ordinary really.

NinjaBoiX

Indubitably. Wasn't suggesting it was shite but it's a rare artist that goes from strength to strength nowadays.
Arctic Monkeys just get better and better. Their new stuff is insane. Dat James Ford collaboration.

R U Mine
Evil Twin
Do I Wanna Know?

I gotta give credit to Paramore in this respect too. Their latest record, a few flat out saccharine pop songs aside, is their most accomplished and eclectic set of tracks yet. They've just improved with each release IMO. Their live show is something to behold nowadays as well.

Same with the Artic Monkeys, their live show is just a class act in comparison to their somewhat scrappy early efforts.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Ahhh you guys. Much love.

Thanks to Mushdawg for minimizing my freakout tonight.

Jed, am desperate to play some LoU with you and t'others. Saturday at some point? I can show you my mad tactics with molotovs and sneaky smoke grenades

Yeah man, I should be around in the day sometime I think. Not so sure about the night, I kinda been ragging the games a lot this week, I think the mrs might want some actual company or to leave the house or something...

Jordan

Arctic Monkeys just get better and better. Their new stuff is insane. Dat James Ford collaboration.

R U Mine
Evil Twin
Do I Wanna Know?

I gotta give credit to Paramore in this respect too. Their latest record, a few flat out saccharine pop songs aside, is their most accomplished and eclectic set of tracks yet. They've just improved with each release IMO. Their live show is something to behold nowadays as well.

Same with the Artic Monkeys, their live show is just a class act in comparison to their somewhat scrappy early efforts.

Paramore's album Paramore is probably in the top five of mine this year. I'm not going to mention some of the others because it's seriously just embarrassing (and some of them were released in previous years and I'm a bit of a fucktard and have only just discovered them)

Jordan

Dat Vauss. Hnng. Girl + glasses = goodfeels.
Still. It's all about Morello. Queen of penile bloodflow.
I've got a weird thing for the guard girl too.

In other exciting news, I had another disturbing call from Tash re: his balls last night. Tatters.

I don't see it from Morello mate, sorry.
Piper and Alex are the only ones in it for me - that scene in the chapel... damnnn

NinjaBoiX

Girl + glasses = goodfeels.
indeed said:
When when when when when?

Also, has anyone yet suggested the Kelly Osbourne plum underneath, silver on top?
Nottingham! I'm not going to lie Mrs Dave, you guys did pop into my head regarding these tickets that may or may not be spare. I just didn't want Mike and Tash to think I'm pushing their spot on anyone else!

But it's currently Mike and Tash first dibs, then Jordan, then whoever else. There may still be some for sale, might be worth checking it out in the mean time.

Regardless of whether you come or not, I still want to meet you guys for a few drinks or something. We'll be down for two days, arriving early afternoon Tuesday, probably leaving sort of 7-8 o'clock on Wed. Might as well take in some of the bonny sights of Notts while we're there!

Edit:Sorry, Tuesday 24th Sept is the gig.

Nottingham! I'm not going to lie Mrs Dave, you guys did pop into my head regarding these tickets that may or may not be spare. I just didn't want Mike and Tash to think I'm pushing their spot on anyone else!

But it's currently Mike and Tash first dibs, then Jordan, then whoever else. There may still be some for sale, might be worth checking it out in the mean time.

Regardless of whether you come or not, I still want to meet you guys for a few drinks or something. We'll be down for two days, arriving early afternoon Tuesday, probably leaving sort of 7-8 o'clock on Wed. Might as well take in some of the bonny sights of Notts while we're there!

Edit:Sorry, Tuesday 24th Sept is the gig.

Well I was thinking drinkies, I've never heard a Paramore song (although I agree the Williams girl is bootiful) so wouldn't want to take the place of an actual fan, but if people are heading up here it would be daft not to say hi, n'est-ce pas?

NinjaBoiX

Dude. Paramore? Dude.

...but, Paramore?!

We need to talk when I get home. There may be mild domestic violence.
I'm sorry David, they aren't the coolest band in the world, I'm well aware! But it's kind of an "I ain't even mad" scenario; I like them, and I don't care that it not cool.

But I'm so damn cool, I had to offset it with some emo cheese.
Well I was thinking drinkies, I've never heard a Paramore song (although I agree the Williams girl is bootiful) so wouldn't want to take the place of an actual fan, but if people are heading up here it would be daft not to say hi, n'est-ce pas?
Paramore are purveyors of tweeny emo pop punk. It's so damn morish!

But yeah, just come for a few drinks, Mos Def!

SmokyDave

You and your reasonableness. I still might strike you about the head and body.

Don't you think Hayley Williams looks an awful lot like a certain friend of ours?

I'm sorry David, they aren't the coolest band in the world, I'm well aware! But it's kind of an "I ain't even mad" scenario; I like them, and I don't care that it not cool.

But I'm so damn cool, I had to offset it with some emo cheese.
I'll give you that. You've enough cool points to pull it off unironically. Admirable.

Jordan

I think as a person I have changed so much recently. I have been given some money for my birthday, normally I would be straight down the game shop and buy some sort of shit game that I wasn't really interested in. Now... I want to go and buy a nice tee or polo shirt... What's happened to me? :(

NinjaBoiX

You and your reasonableness. I still might strike you about the head and body.

Don't you think Hayley Williams looks an awful lot like a certain friend of ours?

I'll give you that. You've enough cool points to pull it off unironically. Admirable.
Does your friend fancy coming out for a drink Dave?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom