• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveWD40

do they understand that heat feels different in each country. I been in hotter places but it felt different compared to UK here it feels unnatural and stuffy but in like South France it warm but also quite cool at same time. hard to explain really

I tried to explain it, I lived in Australia for a year and how it feels in Manchester today was on a par with Melbourne in December, where it was 45c...

We don't get the coastal breeze, we don't hare air con and all our buildings are designed to retain heat.

Had about twenty or so people out there at once before so hoping four people in the pool will be okay. May move my weights inside to alleviate some of the strain.

Im no expert but its how its distributed. I just remember it from when I got a fish tank and a 2ft tank could weigh silly amounts with water in.

Looks like it would be a laugh if it does hold up ok though haha.

NinjaBoiX

Awesome 90 minute power nap. My head hitting the sofa left me no say in the matter.
Musha, you're no longer mum. I think thats become creepy recently. Are you still gunning for BritGAF Queen?
That chick's a Qilf.
Only if Ninja's my King
9jgGg3A.gif

Monarch's are often arseholes.
Paddling pool arrived, it's fucking huge! Not sure if I've fucked up yet, really hoping my roof doesn't collapse.

KoEe46W.jpg

The tv in the background is fifty five inches, for reference purposes.
Haha, go on son! Splashing pics please.
No, it was a joke. I'm actually getting pretty tired of everything turning to sex related, naked mud wrestling references. Can we ease up on them?
To be fair, me and Musha are far from the worst culprits when it comes to perpetuating this little love interest. Ironically, Coldman and Chinner got the ball rolling this time, they're the worst ones!
ive got an idea for a britgaf comic, but its too late and i'm going away for a weekend so you may get away with it this time.
See?
Lulz.

Mikeside

guess I'm sat here watching Burnt Face Man now

it's just as completely offensive as I remember

man-spider 4 lyf

To be fair, me and Musha are far from the worst culprits when it comes to perpetuating this little love interest. Ironically, Coldman and Chinner got the ball rolling this time, they're the worst ones!

See?

Lulz.

I don't mind the love fest, you crazy, starry-eyed loons. its the "this is so hot, I'm frapping my beaver off" sideline

jimbor

Banned
Im no expert but its how its distributed. I just remember it from when I got a fish tank and a 2ft tank could weigh silly amounts with water in.

Looks like it would be a laugh if it does hold up ok though haha.

I had a two foot by four foot aquarium when I was younger, crazy heavy. Part of me is hoping the roof will collapse when I'm not in it so I can laugh at everybody else as they end up in the Nisa store room below.

Your brethren can't stfu in the "UK is hot" thread though can they? seen enough of the "that's not hot lol" now.
Haha, it's like when people come into the So Cal rain thread xD Our rains are spittle in comparison to everywhere else and people there can't drive for shit with any kind of condensation on the road.

I will admit though that since I was climatized to the cold UK weather, it took a bit before I could properly accept the glorious sun.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Heading to a party now gaf, good speed, had a good few joints today, Will drink a few energy drinks in the car and a few beers at the party.

I will leave you with a shot of me running into battle in NEW VEGAS

2013_07_19_00003.jpg

Rich!

Just been signed off work for three weeks due to severe depression and anxiety.

...I have this horrible feeling I might never go back.

Or is that a good feeling? I don't know!

NinjaBoiX

I don't mind the love fest, you crazy, starry-eyed loons. its the "this is so hot, I'm frapping my beaver off" sideline
Those people are deviants Mike, it's best not to interact with them.
A music post has yet to be made on this page.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jn2PNlhvy8E
Choice Jim, can't beat a bit of Sly in the sunshine. Plus they're one of those bands where every second track, you recognise a loop or beat that was sampled by somebody. It's almost like a little game while you listen to their records.
Heading to a party now gaf, good speed, had a good few joints today, Will drink a few energy drinks in the car and a few beers at the party.

I will leave you with a shot of me running into battle in NEW VEGAS

2013_07_19_00003.jpg
That mohawk is so boss Kent.

The Coral - Skeleton Key
Love these guys.
Just been signed off work for three weeks due to severe depression and anxiety.

...I have this horrible feeling I might never go back.

Or is that a good feeling? I don't know!
Is this the job you just got last week? That's harsh man.

Best bit about my "desk" today...

Air conditioned studios!

sRueVftl.jpeg

(Sometimes I just steal an empty studio, go on my laptop and do some work there. Ridiculously cool.)

Walking to my flat in the glorious sunshine, feeling pretty happy. Life is good guys.

The bloke has work in the morning which means he'll be going to bed early. So I might be able to get online for some gaming if anyone's up for it?

Rich!

Those people are deviants Mike, it's best not to interact with them.

Choice Jim, can't beat a bit of Sly in the sunshine. Plus they're one of those bands where every second track, you recognise a loop or beat that was sampled by somebody. It's almost like a little game while you listen to their records.

That mohawk is so boss Kent.

The Coral - Skeleton Key
Love these guys.

Is this the job you just got last week? That's harsh man.

Eh? No, I never got that job. I had an interview but that's it.

I am still at the job I've had for two years now. The one I hate. I'm at the point now where it's making me physically ill - I have had a lot of panic attacks at work, and last Wednesday I had one where I ended up being repeatedly sick and passed out. When I came to, I had intense chest pain and palpitations.

Luckily an off duty officer was walking past, closed the store for me and called a paramedic, who then called for an ambulance as soon as he saw me

yeah this shit isn't nice. After what happened yesterday (a thuggish looking gypo literally threatened to follow me home and rape my daughter), I said enough is enough. My sanity is at stake here.

I'm already on heavy anti depressants and tranquilizers because of this shitting cunting job, and now it's making me really ill.

fucking stupid single cover policy, in a store with such a high crime rate.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Doesn't feel like a Friday to me for some reason.

Rich what the duck is going on with your job? What exactly do you do that puts you in a situation to have something so awful happen?

NinjaBoiX

Eh? No, I never got that job. I had an interview but that's it.

I am still at the job I've had for two years now. The one I hate. I'm at the point now where it's making me physically ill - I have had a lot of panic attacks at work, and last Wednesday I had one where I ended up being repeatedly sick and passed out. When I came to, I had intense chest pain and palpitations.

Luckily an off duty officer was walking past, closed the store for me and called a paramedic, who then called for an ambulance as soon as he saw me

yeah this shit isn't nice. After what happened yesterday (a thuggish looking gypo literally threatened to follow me home and rape my daughter), I said enough is enough. My sanity is at stake here.

I'm already on heavy anti depressants and tranquilizers because of this shitting cunting job, and now it's making me really ill.

fucking stupid single cover policy, in a store with such a high crime rate.
Jesus man, where do you work? It sounds like a pawn shop in the roughest area of Glasgow!

I don't have much to offer in terms of advice dude, I have little experience with this kind of thing. One of my housemates' brother has mild Asperger's, but that's about it. I guess just try and relax in your time off and clear your head.

Musha, I'll be up for a few games if you fancy. I have some shit to do first, and there may be a BBQ getting fired up later, but I should be able to hop on for a couple of quick matches.

Turns out my spare bedroom is much cooler than the rest of the flat. Moved out all the junk, basking in an amazing breeze right now.

The music coming from the flat across from me is simply dreadful though, it's like a bad school disco. It keeps changing from stuff you'd hear on Three-Dog's channel in Fallout 3 to pulsing techno, and not good techno, fucking Clubland manky shit.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Walking to my flat in the glorious sunshine, feeling pretty happy. Life is good guys.

The bloke has work in the morning which means he'll be going to bed early. So I might be able to get online for some gaming if anyone's up for it?

Yeah I will probably be about later on this evening. Just played a blinder of a game, got 7 kills aw yeah.

Musha, I'll be up for a few games if you fancy. I have some shit to do first, and there may be a BBQ getting fired up later, but I should be able to hop on for a couple of quick matches.

Yeah I will probably be about later on this evening. Just played a blinder of a game, got 7 kills aw yeah.

It literally won't be until at least 10ish though, so just let me know if you're around then.

NinjaBoiX

Yeah, I definitely need some practice. Also, we need to learn all about this crafting/upgrading malarkey. Jed's a teacher, it'll come naturally I'm sure.
It literally won't be until at least 10ish though, so just let me know if you're around then.
Cool, I'll probably be on then anyway.

Nature's Skittles said:
Freshly plucked from my housemates dads allotment. So sweet and buttery, I could eat those fuckers all day!

NinjaBoiX

Coldman, you were up for some TLoU right? What about Mike, Shorty, dapperbandit, anyone else?

Me, Musha, Jed, Mike, Shorty, dapperbandit, Coldman, one more and we have 4v4!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

Yeah, I definitely need some practice. Also, we need to learn all about this crafting/upgrading malarkey. Jed's a teacher, it'll come naturally I'm sure.

Cool, I'll probably be on then anyway.

brofists :) I'll be on about ten as well. Ninj, you got somethink skype capable to hand? I'll figure out how to do a conference call until my headset comes.

Rich!

Doesn't feel like a Friday to me for some reason.

Rich what the duck is going on with your job? What exactly do you do that puts you in a situation to have something so awful happen?

I run a convenience store in a rough area. 30 out of 45 hours a week I'm on my own, and to put that into perspective, we took £3k on tuesday alone.

Ive been physically assaulted many times, my duty manager had his ribs broken a year ago, a female member of staff was punched and dragged over the counter during a till snatch, etc etc

yeah. I've gone over this many times already in this thread.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I've never seen you mention it in detail before, but it seems fairly clear cut to me.

If your employers aren't taking reasonable steps to ensure you or your coworker's saftey, it's time to get the fuck out of dodge. I can't imagine whatever you're being paid is worth dealing with that level of mental and physical trauma. I'd rather keep the soul-sappingly boring, dead-end job I have now forever rather than have to face something like that on a daily basis. Use this time off to look for a new job, hit all the options you can and when your time is up, pick one ans put in your two weeks on your first day back.

Rich!

I've never seen you mention it in detail before, but it seems fairly clear cut to me.

If your employers aren't taking reasonable steps to ensure you or your coworker's saftey, it's time to get the fuck out of dodge. I can't imagine whatever you're being paid is worth dealing with that level of mental and physical trauma. I'd rather keep the soul-sappingly boring, dead-end job I have now forever rather than have to face something like that on a daily basis. Use this time off to look for a new job, hit all the options you can and when your time is up, pick one ans put in your two weeks on your first day back.

Yeah. Problem is, I would quit if I didn't have a baby and a house to support.

I have a job interview coming up for a store manager position with another company in a nice area. Hopefully I get it.

My current company just does not give a shit. My store had a leak three weeks ago in the stock area. During the repair, asbestos was found and the maintenance was abandoned. We reported it to head office.

a week later, nothing had been sorted despite numerous calls to head office. A few days back, one of my members of staff phoned the fire brigade about it, who then forced head office to send a surveyor down. Turns out we've been breathing in dangerous levels of asbestos for almost a month

Really.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.

Perfect chance to get fired into ninja with some verbal in and out.

SteveWD40

Yeah. Problem is, I would quit if I didn't have a baby and a house to support.

I have a job interview coming up for a store manager position with another company in a nice area. Hopefully I get it.

My current company just does not give a shit. My store had a leak three weeks ago in the stock area. During the repair, asbestos was found and the maintenance was abandoned. We reported it to head office.

a week later, nothing had been sorted despite numerous calls to head office. A few days back, one of my members of staff phoned the fire brigade about it, who then forced head office to send a surveyor down. Turns out we've been breathing in dangerous levels of asbestos for almost a month

Really.

If I could afford it I would hire you just to get you out of what sounds like Beirut circa 1985.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I've set up a dummy skype account to host a group chat later, send a req to Philip.Childtoucher to get in. Prob should not have put that in public. lol.

Will be on about 10.15 once we've finished True Blood

afoni

Banned
My sister being back in the country has made me remember why I used to coup myself up in my room all the time as a young teenager.

Blunt favouritism and pointless arguments!

I want to be back at university so badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom