• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaBoiX

"You will give NorthernGAF an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall. But in time, they will join you in the pub. In time, you will help them accomplish the wonder of a meet."

MAN OF MEETS - COMING SOON
A Northern meet is happening guys!
I was thinking November around my birthday normally the german christmas market is also on that time in Manchester so stuff to do and drink
I dunno man, November sounds too close to the Christmas meet. I was thinking of Newcastle in the new year. It's a wicked night out, and there is literally loads of room at mine for people to crash and hang out.

My birthday is 1st February, but even that is maybe too close for me. It's better to keep it every three months IMO, more people can make it then.

Mid-Late March, Newcastle/Sunderland meet was my idea.

jimbor

Banned
A Northern meet is happening guys!

I dunno man, November sounds too close to the Christmas meet. I was thinking of Newcastle in the new year. It's a wicked night out, and there is literally loads of room at mine for people to crash and hang out.

My birthday is 1st February, but even that is maybe too close for me. It's better to keep it every three months IMO, more people can make it then.

Mid-Late March, Newcastle/Sunderland meet was my idea.

Can I bagsy a place at yours please?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
It won't. He's said several times he's going to arrange it for March next year.
The talk of Newcastle in the New Year confused me. I mean if at least two of them got their before the clock struck midnight I'd have to admit defeat.

CHEEZMO™;72615676 said:
Can I choose the avatar?
I thought that goes to the person who takes on the bet. I was thinking if I won they have to adopt an anime avatar, if they win I adopt one of a real lass. It's quite fair in that the choice of character is still down to the individual. Problem is I've already adopted avatars that most would find embarrassing so it may not be that easy to make regret taking the bet.

But it seems this bet is not meant to be.

The talk of Newcastle in the New Year confused me. I mean if at least two of them got their before the clock struck midnight I'd have to admit defeat.

I thought that goes to the person who takes on the bet. I was thinking if I won they have to adopt an anime avatar, if they win I adopt one of a real lass. It's quite fair in that the choice of character is still down to the individual. Problem is I've already adopted avatars that most would find embarrassing so it may not be that easy to make regret taking the bet.

But it seems this bet is not meant to be.

Does me and Ninja meeting Mr n Mrs Smoky in Nottingham count?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Is it considered socially unacceptable to sit in my room in the dark, while listening to music and chillin' with my good friend Jack?

I'm just doing the same with my friend Mary. Falling down a Smashing Pumpkins rabbit hole, trying to wash the sound of their modern output out of my mind.

Also feeling really woozy this evening so music is about the only thing I can cope with.

Symphonia

Banned
I'm just doing the same with my friend Mary. Falling down a Smashing Pumpkins rabbit hole, trying to wash the sound of their modern output out of my mind.

Also feeling really woozy this evening so music is about the only thing I can cope with.
Good man. It feels good to know I'm not alone in doing this. Just got a lot of shit going on and, honestly, can't be arsed with anything or anyone. Hoobastank and Jack Daniels are the only people I need/want right now.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Linkinpark.jpg

ScreenShot2013-02-07at135555_zps502c1d26.png

chinner comic felt needed

Symphonia

Banned
I never used to be a Jack fan. Or a whiskey fan, at all. Then that one night in Cardiff changed it all. Now I'm all about the Jack. Or any spirit, for that matter.

Morning BritGAF, how are we all?

I'm in need of some advice, just lately I've been going into my (free) overdraft quite often, it's paid off with no problem when I get paid but I'm worried that my credit rating could be harmed if I keep going into it. Am I right to be worried or does it not really have an effect on my credit rating?

I've made a decision to pay it off and to stay out of it, however it's not proving to be easy.

NinjaBoiX

Would I smash that like the fist of an angry God?

GA0tzsf.gif
Preaching to the choir brah!
Ninja, if it can make it to the northern meet, may I crash at yours please?
Of course fella. I think that's you, Mike, Jim and Musha so far. Still plenty of space dudes.
That's because he knows your bed will already be taken ;)
tumblr_lfpk3bK8Pf1qc650d.gif

I had a Zack Morris one all ready, but Steve prompted me to swap it out.

Chinner, are you back in the country next year? You need to come to a meet man!

SteveWD40

Morning BritGAF, how are we all?

I'm in need of some advice, just lately I've been going into my (free) overdraft quite often, it's paid off with no problem when I get paid but I'm worried that my credit rating could be harmed if I keep going into it. Am I right to be worried or does it not really have an effect on my credit rating?

I've made a decision to pay it off and to stay out of it, however it's not proving to be easy.

Makes no impact really, it does show when you are in it on a search but it's actually a good thing, shows you have a responsible attitude to credit.

Using borrowing > having none at all as far as credit ratings go.

Chinner

Banned
i'll be back in england in march or april ninja, will be around for a few good months too, not entirely sure whats happening next year but i'll be around and probably up for something.

NinjaBoiX

i'll be back in england in march or april ninja, will be around for a few good months too, not entirely sure whats happening next year but i'll be around and probably up for something.
Cool.

Well I'm planning the Newcastle meet for late March, so with a bit of luck, you'll be back in the country by then.

Of course fella. I think that's you, Mike, Jim and Musha so far. Still plenty of space dudes.

Cheers boss! Would love to see the rolling mat in action haha.

E: you referring to credit BGBW? Yeah that's how it works. If you aren't spending on a credit card and then paying it back, or loaning money and paying it back, bank thinks you're a risk. Joke system.

Chinner

Banned
ive heard newcastle is a good night out but havent been personally. sounds alright. hopefully im back in time if not may have to go to the south and meet tashbrooke.

NinjaBoiX

Wait, I'm worse off because I save my money and spend it only when I need to?
Buy stuff on credit cards then clear the balance straight away.

Or just do the first bit and forget the second bit.
Cheers boss! Would love to see the rolling mat in action haha.
Ne bother chief. Jeez, I'm going to have to keep a list, such early plans! We Musha hasn't even planned the Christmas meet yet.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Oh I have a credit card, but it's currently a shared account (because it's only used for online transactions) so no idea if the credit history affects me.

SteveWD40

Oh I have a credit card, but it's currently a shared account (because it's only used for online transactions) so no idea if the credit history affects me.

If the cards in your name it might, having a phone contract you pay on time is usuaully enough.

jimbor

Banned
hox33YC.gif

Wuv u buddy!

Of course mate, although I'm a little upset you didn't jump at the chance for some Ninja lovin' in my bed. :(

There are four sofas, a spare bedroom, and copious amounts of floor space. The more the merrier guys! Within reason.

Bagsy the spare room?

SKINNER!

Banned

NinjaBoiX

Bagsy the spare room?
Fair dos mate, I'd consider that claimed! It's a loft conversion split into two with a stud wall, so it's um, pokey or cosy, depending on your disposition. Also, you're next to big, noisy, hairy Glen, fair warning!

There is a bed up there, but no mattress. I floated the idea of buying a cheap £20 one out of the budget, but this was "pointless" apparently, even though surely having a bed without a mattress is moreso. Go figure.

So jim upstairs, Musha in with me, that still leaves four sofas and as much floor space as you guys are willing to squeeze into.

Jed, shorty and Tash also get an honorary place if you are coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom