• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaBoiX

Unfortunately I'd have to be very quiet when doing that at work so you wouldn't hear anything.

You'll just have to wait till September.
The anticipation, it's killing me...
TLOU anyone? Me and jed are fighting the masses and need halp

I messaged you coldman

anyone who fancies just message me on skypee
I might have a few games tonight boys, I'll give you a shout when I'm done with my shit. Probably about 8-9 o'clock.
Greek yoghurt is a great source of fat and protein. I do my research before putting anything into the body that's carrying my consciousness.
It's a great source of protein dude, but it's incredibly low in fat. That's the appeal. It just seemed a strange thing to mention after saying you wanted to put on weight!

I seen what has crawled out of Newcastle its not human, when the prophecy that is Pacific Rim comes true the Kaiju will crawl out of Newcastle to kill us all

The geordie's got dis.

640px-Raleigh_Becket_2.jpg

SteveWD40

Greek yoghurt is a great source of fat and protein. I do my research before putting anything into the body that's carrying my consciousness.

As said, it's good for you but it won't put on weight / mass, it's good for the blood pressure though.

If you want gains: Chicken, Broccoli, Eggs, Tuna and Cottage cheese in massive quantity's and through the day.

Damn son! Impressive.

He was great in Queer As Folk, especially as his first role. That was actually a really good show, a little awkward to watch at times, especially as an immature teenager. Aiden Gillen played a wonderfully slimy villain too.

Dat first episode.

I actually found it really hot. Gay guys turn me on.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
The anticipation, it's killing me...

I might have a few games tonight boys, I'll give you a shout when I'm done with my shit. Probably about 8-9 o'clock.

It's a great source of protein dude, but it's incredibly low in fat. That's the appeal. It just seemed a strange thing to mention after saying you wanted to put on weight!

Its a full fat yoghurt carrying a whopping 150 calories a tub!

All this talk of fitness is making me feel guilty and self-conscious.

I'm one of those awful people who will never be fat, no matter what they put in their body.

But I have this wierd physique...I'm 6'3", think as a rake with long, spindly limbs but a flabby stomach. I'm like that dude with eye sockets in his hands in Pan's Labyrinth.

There's got to be someone on this earth that finds that sexy...

afoni

Banned
Anyone fancy giving me a quick rundown of what I should be doing routine-wise with these dumbbells? I want to make sure they're used to their maximum potential so I'm not wasting their usefulness.

NinjaBoiX

I've not really worked out a proper routine yet, but I did some bicep curls and lateral raises today.

I need a mentor or something.
Nah, just do your shoulders with your legs, your chest with your tri's and your back with your bi's.
Chest and tris are by far the best to work on. The burn is always so gratifying the next day.
Yeah, tri's feel class in the burn. Traps feel the best though, hurt me more!

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
So I played Hotline Miami for the first time last night, or as like to call it

Kentpaul: The Game

I knew it was so the first time I stepped into a toilet and smashed a dude in the back of the head with a beer bottle.

Gamplay is simplistic yet complex. Really amazing and like mentioned before the whole thing has a really sweet soundtrack. Plot is really trippin' balls though and reminds me of Drive.

hopefully im back in time if not may have to go to the south and meet tashbrooke.
Godspeed on your mission, you're our only chance of terminating him once and for all. All the other agent's we've sent have disappeared or been discovered dead with broken hoover parts crammed into their orifices.

NinjaBoiX

Anyone fancy giving me a quick rundown of what I should be doing routine-wise with these dumbbells? I want to make sure they're used to their maximum potential so I'm not wasting their usefulness.
Get thee to fitness GAF!

But some quick pointers:

For chest and tri's - press ups (wide, close and diamond to hit every area of your chest) bench press, fly's, tricep kickbacks, dips, kickbacks behind your head.

Back and bi's - bent over rows (pretty much the only back exercise you can do with only dumbbells), concentration curls, front curls, and um, rinse and repeat!

Shoulders and legs - military press, lateral raises, front raises, front rows, shrugs, lunges, squats and drill presses.

But seriously, I'm far from an expert! Ask fitness GAF.

Symphonia

Banned
OK, GAF, quick question; its my daughters 4th birthday next month and I'm considering buying her a Wii U but some people seem to think she's too young to appreciate it. What say you, GAF? I really think she'd enjoy it, and she really likes Mario at the moment so I'd ger to play NSMBU with her, as a bonus.

SmokyDave

OK, GAF, quick question; its my daughters 4th birthday next month and I'm considering buying her a Wii U but some people seem to think she's too young to appreciate it. What say you, GAF? I really think she'd enjoy it, and she really likes Mario at the moment so I'd ger to play NSMBU with her, as a bonus.

Buying her a Wii U?!

Did she shit in the bathtub or something? Why would you punish her so?!

afoni

Banned
But some quick pointers:

For chest and tri's - press ups (wide, close and diamond to hit every area of your chest) bench press, fly's, tricep kickbacks, dips, kickbacks behind your head.

Back and bi's - bent over rows (pretty much the only back exercise you can do with only dumbbells), concentration curls, front curls, and um, rinse and repeat!

Shoulders and legs - military press, lateral raises, front raises, front rows, shrugs, lunges, squats and drill presses.

This is good information and I will remember it. Cheers.

As for Fitness GAF... Not until I have the cash to get myself to the gym. They'll probably tell me to get a gym membership and start powerlifting.

Symphonia

Banned
Buying her a Wii U?!

Did she shit in the bathtub or something? Why would you punish her so?!
Surely it can't be as bad as people are making it out to be? I mean, NSMBU looks like great fun and, of course, Mario Kart and Zelda are released this year, with Smash Bros next year. What makes the Wii U so universally hated?

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving

fuck that, get her a baby anabelle

jimbor

Banned

FitGAF: Yep, selling them and getting a barbell and bench.

SKINNER!

Banned
Does BritGAF mind if I shamelessly plug my band's music in here? Just wanna get some feedback see if people like it?

http://www.soundcloud.com/insidetheclock

Lyrics and flow are solid. Had a 90s vibe to it. Loved how the beat got more intense as you listened but it felt like it dragged around the 2 min part. btw, whenever you finish your undegrad honours project about hiphop (and it's all submitted/put through turnitin/marked/published etc.) could you link it to me? Would love to read it.

See, Newcastle might be too Northern. I'm really a Midlands guy who's been dragged upwards.

TLOU anyone? Me and jed are fighting the masses and need halp

I messaged you coldman

anyone who fancies just message me on skypee

Sorry man, I was wrapped up in Okami. Need to turn message notifications back on.

NinjaBoiX

To be fair, it's true. You're not going to get that strong/muscley with a 25kg weight set.
It depends whether you want to be big or toned.

You can get toned with relatively little weight, just a lot of reps. But yeah, if you really want to build mass, you'll need more weights and probably a bench.

jimbor

Banned
It depends whether you want to be big or toned.

You can get toned with relatively little weight, just a lot of reps. But yeah, if you really want to build mass, you'll need more weights and probably a bench.

No such thing as toned, brah.

Diet and bodyweight stuff with lots of reps can get you shredded/cut but yeah, not big. He'd be better off adding a chin up bar plus dip belt.

Kentpaul

I do like 4,5 different arm exercises when i use my dumbbell and it pretty much covers all the muscles round my arm.

13.gif

1.gif

I do this one with holding the dumbell with two hands and going for pure endurance.
7.gif

3.gif

2.gif

1.gif

Have fun bro,

To be fair, it's true. You're not going to get that strong/muscley with a 25kg weight set.

I'm happy with the results I'm getting from my single 15kg dumbbell.

SteveWD40

No such thing as toned, brah.

Diet and bodyweight stuff with lots of reps can get you shredded/cut but yeah, not big. He'd be better off adding a chin up bar plus dip belt.

It's true, same as "lean muscle" doesn't exist, you put on size and then shred fat off it until you look "lean".

The biggest factor is genetics, some guys just shit muscle with little work but don't believe the hype, most of the guys who look shredded (say Brad Pitt in fight club, or any actor in any movie) are dehydrated as fuck when those shots are filmed.

Kentpaul

It's true, same as "lean muscle" doesn't exist, you put on size and then shred fat off it until you look "lean".

The biggest factor is genetics, some guys just shit muscle with little work but don't believe the hype, most of the guys who look shredded (say Brad Pitt in fight club, or any actor in any movie) are dehydrated as fuck when those shots are filmed.

It's all down to how the persons father looks. My father is a big tall dude like myself so its way easier for us. My next worry is my biceps getting to big to fit in tshirts. So i have been actively avoiding working my biceps for now.

SteveWD40

It's all down to how the persons father looks. My father is a big tall dude like myself so its way easier for us. My next worry is my biceps getting to big to fit in tshirts. So i have been actively avoiding working my biceps for now.

5owdFI7.gif

Wut?

I am about 5" taller than my dad was and way more built, it has no bearing at all.

jimbor

Banned
I do like 4,5 different arm exercises when i use my dumbbell and it pretty much covers all the muscles round my arm.

13.gif

1.gif

I do this one with holding the dumbell with two hands and going for pure endurance.
7.gif

3.gif

2.gif

1.gif

Have fun bro,

I'm happy with the results I'm getting from my single 15kg dumbbell.

Enjoy your chicken legs.

Kentpaul

Enjoy your chicken legs.

I had a job walking around a warehouse for 2 years and i cycle a lot. My legs are looking great. I really got to add squatting into my exercise plan though. I hate the dull pain the next day when i add other exercises into my alpha plan.

Lyrics and flow are solid. Had a 90s vibe to it. Loved how the beat got more intense as you listened but it felt like it dragged around the 2 min part. btw, whenever you finish your undegrad honours project about hiphop (and it's all submitted/put through turnitin/marked/published etc.) could you link it to me? Would love to read it.

Cheers for listening mannn. Fortress was an experiment that just happened by accident heh. Currently writing lyrics for the album we are going to record once I'm back.

Yeah no problem with that, I'm super excited to write it, I think I'll enjoy writing my dissertation more than anything in my final year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom