• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaBoiX

What do you guys think of braces? As in

jags.gif

Sorry Musha, way too androgynous for my tastes.

Have you stolen my PS3 just finished up start of Okami with blossom dance part. One of few HD ports that makes the art style pop and worth the upgrade

It's fucking gorgeous, man. I've just finished the Gale Shrine. I think the HD upgrade pushes the game over Wind Waker, visually. Just the perfect example of a game that dares to try something new and outstanding, and fucking nails it on the first go.

NinjaBoiX

The uncool ones are the lot who haven't seen both series of Spaced, right?
Got the set, not watched yet. :/
That and all three series of The League of Gentlemen. Probably throw in Garth Merenghi too.
LoG is incredible, so dark. I quite enjoyed what I saw of Garth Merenghi. I preferred him as the irritating IT guy in the office.

It guy: I heard that Bruce Lee isn't really dead. He faked his own death in order to infiltrate the Hong Kong triads.

Tim: Yeah, that's probably true. Because if you were going to choose someone to infiltrate the Hong Kong triads, you'd obviously choose the world's most famous Chinese film star.

Genius.
Cool people don't have to claim coolness. Nerds confirmed.
Busted.

Reknoc

It's fucking gorgeous, man. I've just finished the Gale Shrine. I think the HD upgrade pushes the game over Wind Waker, visually. Just the perfect example of a game that dares to try something new and outstanding, and fucking nails it on the first go.

shame it's also incredibly boring.

shame it's also incredibly boring.

Yeah, it could use more QTEs and stealth kills. Maybe a Linkin Park theme song.

Apologies for the shitty response but boring? It's certainly not fast-paced, sure. But I find it incredibly enchanting. Bear in mind that I've just come off of The Last of Us.

NinjaBoiX

Get that shit watched, sunshine.
I watched the first episode, it was incredible! Not just funny, really clever.

I love Edgar Wright's shooting style too, all fast pans and quick close ups, it's really kinetic. Jessica Stevenson is eminently watchable as well, with that expressive face and geeky gait, I love her character already!

Nice one BritGAF, I'm watching some quirky nerdy comedy tonight.

SteveWD40

GF works on the Red Button at the BBC, they got an Xbone Dev kit in today for the iPlayer app team...

I instructed her to steal any PS4's that might come there way.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
GF works on the Red Button at the BBC, they got an Xbone Dev kit in today for the iPlayer app team...

I instructed her to steal any PS4's that might come there way.
Tell her to get iPlayer on the Wii U even if it's a lazy Wii up-port.

Hystzen

Apologies for the shitty response but boring? It's certainly not fast-paced, sure. But I find it incredibly enchanting. Bear in mind that I've just come off of The Last of Us.

I think some people find the slow intro boring but if you played a new Zelda game recently you should be used to slow starts

Reknoc

I played a lot of it on the PS2. I never completed however as the game outlasted my patience by a lot. Regardless when the HD version was announced I was interested, when it was free with PSN+ I was excited. Then as I loaded it up my excitement waned with each bibbidybop of text. It's not just slow it's excruciating and relentless in interrupting you at any possible moment. In fact:

I think some people find the slow intro boring but if you played a new Zelda game recently you should be used to slow starts

It's pretty much exactly like Skyward Sword. Only Skyward Sword made up for all it's bullshit by having well designed dungeons and boss fights. Okami is such a gorgeous and charming game but it's just not very fun. proto-artgame.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Hipsters spewing foreign political shite at Starbucks like they're poli-science majors never ceases to fascinate me.
Man I know exactly what you are talking about. And even if they were poli-science majors, does that really give them more legitimacy to talk down to people and act smug in a public space? I dunno if that's exactly what was happening in your situation but I've been in line or studying in too many coffee shops where some trust fund kid with dreadlocks starts talking in a loud voice about "corporations" and it really grinds my gears.

no angel

Yes, I might be able to own a cat in the next decade or so!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-23436589

Anyone else allergic to cats or dogs? Both here :(
Just seen this post. I'm really allergic to cats but heard last year about a breed called Siberians. These secrete a much lower amount of the enzyme that most cat allergies are caused by meaning their dander isn't as covered in it. We had a sitting with them lasts year and I'm all good so we're picking ours up in September, my wife is so excited she won't stop taking about them! They're expensive but worth it if you're a closet mad cat lady (like she is).

SKINNER!

Banned
They probably are poli-science majors

There is a university nearby afterall but clearly he didn't know what he was talking about. Once spoke to two students who were taking Middle Eastern studies in Edinburgh University and THEY knew what they were talking about. Actually surprised me that they were talking about it so openly in a public place consideirng how touchy ME politics can be.

Man I know exactly what you are talking about. And even if they were poli-science majors, does that really give them more legitimacy to talk down to people and act smug in a public space? I dunno if that's exactly what was happening in your situation but I've been in line or studying in too many coffee shops where some trust fund kid with dreadlocks starts talking in a loud voice about "corporations" and it really grinds my gears.

Wouldn't surprise me if he was anti-corporation (lol at him drinking at Starbucks). It was more to do with foreign countries. Dude had a crowd around him and he was lecturing about EU immigration, Russia post-communism and how a drunk (yeltsin) saved the country, some shit about Kazakhstan being a dangerous place and then topped it all off with wowing his audience (a chick and some other guy) about how brutal North Korea is. If he was a poli-science major then I'm soooo taking that course because clearly he got his degree from watching VICE documentaries.

EDIT: Put it this way, the inebriated politics chat myself and dapperbandit had with some random french dude on the bus was more in-depth in this guy's rambling.

On the tube on my way home from last minute random karaoke. Woman running it was useless, I only got to do one song. Silly bitch.

It's been fucking ages since I last did karaoke, was awesome fun. Should definitely do it more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom