• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaBoiX

I picked up one of those microwave steam pot pasta things the other day from the supermarket cooler. There was a fly on top of it, basically static. It was so cold, the fly was moving like an old codger.

It was actually a little weird to see such a nimble insect moving so slowly. Filthy fucks, I hate those things!

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
I'm off it at the minute mate. I feel sharp as a tack, and bright as a button. And other sharp, bright things.

Eww.

Stopping weed is easy but around 8 till 12 every night would be boring without a blissful stone making everything awesome.

That said a tolerance break is always welcome, I'm not long off a 12 month T-break.

NinjaBoiX

Stopping weed is easy but around 8 till 12 every night would be boring without a blissful stone making everything awesome.

That said a tolerance break is always welcome, I'm not long off a 12 month T-break.
Mate, it isn't a health kick thing, I just need the money! Car tax and MOT due, mini London meet in two weeks, Nottingham for Paramore with Musha, Tash and Jordan in September, Arctic Monkeys in October, then before you know it, Christmas plus another meet is around the corner.

I'd love a spliff right now, but alas, I must refrain!

8bit

Knows the Score
This thread man:

m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=638578&page=100000#footer

This guy just admitted that he only changes his bed sheets twice a year.

TWICE A YEAR!

That's not just disgusting, that's borderline dysfunctional. He is possible not entirely compos mentis.

There was a tale somewhere (likely b3ta) of someone's roommate who would leave the house in the morning and return every evening to find their bedsheets on the floor in a corner. The supposed explanation was that mites in the bedsheets would use their combined mass to move the never washed sheets towards the Sun as it moved around the room until they fell to the floor.

Also, Hi! Did I miss anything interesting in the last 10 days?

Kentpaul

Mate, it isn't a health kick thing, I just need the money! Car tax and MOT due, mini London meet in two weeks, Nottingham for Paramore with Musha, Tash and Jordan in September, Arctic Monkeys in October, then before you know it, Christmas plus another meet is around the corner.

I'd love a spliff right now, but alas, I must refrain!

Well weed is the healthiest substance on earth so I knew it wasn't a health kick! Mooch a gram of a mate lol

Gaaraz

Pardon this really random question GAF, but does your (NHS) dentist insist you go back for second appointments for even tiny jobs?

I’ve had 3 dentists in my life (1 private, 2 NHS), and usually just go in, get my teeth prodded a little, polished and cleaned and sent on my way, takes around 5 minutes at the very most and I’ve never really had any problems.

I’ve switched to a local dentist, and whilst I’ve only been there 3 times, every single time they insist I come back for tiny jobs/maintenance, costing another ~£30 on top of the bill (so ~£50 total) and also it’s generally a pain having to keep going back during work hours.

Is this standard practise, or should I consider switching dentists?
Bump, anyone? Tempted to switch...

SmokyDave

Bump, anyone? Tempted to switch...

Remind them of the existence of the two month rule. If you're back within two months for a treatment of an equivalent band or lower, the fee should be waived.

Sounds like you've had a band one treatment (£18) and then gone back for a band 2 treatment (£49, so £31 to pay). It should end there though if your treatments are within two months and you aren't having any band 3 work (£214) done.

Made it to Harris, weather is mostly amazing but schizophrenic, rain just happens, you get no warning. Very sunny, been walking around in shorts. There are beaches with azure blue water that look like the Caribbean except you have dramatic craggy hills and cliffs in the background that could only be Scotland.

Might upload some snaps later on, give you guys an idea of what it's like. Of course it might all be intended to lure me into a false sense of security before I'm burned in a Wicker Man but we'll see.

It's a little tricky to keep up with the thread but I gather there's talk of a mini meet up in August and that the boss will be there? I'd be up for that if it's before the 22nd because I go on holiday again then. Also, if the boss turns up, do we have to bow and curtsey and kiss the ring or do we just hang out?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Also, if the boss turns up, do we have to bow and curtsy and kiss the ring or do we just hang out?
Wait for his signal. One pat on the shoulder, a bow is fine. But two taps or extended eye contact? Let's just say you'll not be able to sit comfortably for a few days after.

NinjaBoiX

Also, if the boss turns up, do we have to bow and curtsey and kiss the ring or do we just hang out?
"Sup GAFfer?"

iu00oElWFz7dD.gif

afoni

Banned
Was thinking about going for runs as exercise, but now I'm thinking that swimming might be a much better idea (and more fun) seeing as there's a pool about 5 minutes away.

Anyone else swim regularly for exercise? I need to know if I'm going to be wasting my time with it.

NinjaBoiX

Was thinking about going for runs as exercise, but now I'm thinking that swimming might be a much better idea (and more fun) seeing as there's a pool about 5 minutes away.

Anyone else swim regularly for exercise? I need to know if I'm going to be wasting my time with it.
Swimming is some of the best exercise you can do. Very low impact too, which is good news for your joints.

afoni

Banned
This may sound like a complete amateur question, but...

What's the actual protocol for getting yourself to a pool and using it and stuff? It's been about 6 years since I've swam somewhere that isn't at a hotel resort, so I have no idea what I'd even need to bring and what I'd actually need to do when I get there.

NinjaBoiX

You're taking the piss now!

"Is swimming good exercise?"

"What do I bring?"

Dude, it's really good for you. Put some trunks and a towel in a bag, and get down to your nearest pool.

It's not rocket science fella!

AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH

I am so sick and tired of living in a pigsty with fucking crap everywhere, and when I try to talk to him about it he immediately gets on the defensive and turns it into an argument. Now I'm having a cig which he'll probably also have a go at me about but he just stresses me out and I'm sick of it.

Fml. Seriously.

afoni

Banned
I'm not taking the piss, man. I'm just super awkward when I don't know proper protocol for something.

(Also, I'm going to have to fight someone over lanes, aren't I)

NinjaBoiX

I'm not taking the piss, man. I'm just super awkward when I don't know proper protocol for something.

(Also, I'm going to have to fight someone over lanes, aren't I)
There isn't a protocol for going swimming mate, you just show up and swim.

Musha, come live with me. My place is always super clean and obsessively tidy. You need to go out the back for a cig though, house rules.

NinjaBoiX

Kent, I folded like a cheap suit mate. I just smoked a lovely fat spliff, and I didn't share it with anyone.

Baked.

Feel good man.

(And kind of bad. I have no self control!)

Symphonia

Banned
I am so sick and tired of living in a pigsty with fucking crap everywhere, and when I try to talk to him about it he immediately gets on the defensive and turns it into an argument. Now I'm having a cig which he'll probably also have a go at me about but he just stresses me out and I'm sick of it.

Fml. Seriously.
I'm still relatively new here so you'll have to forgive me for trying to work out who's who, but I'm assuming 'him' refers to your partner...right? And from what I gather, you're having a few problems with him? The mess one being, understandably, a big one? I'd say get out, personally, but it's not that easy when relationships are involved. I'm like you, though, can't fucking stand mess. My current houseshare is a nightmare - the people I live with are fucking slobs. Oh, well, one month left (I was given my eviction notice last week) and it will all be over - I'll either be in a new share or homeless. Yayz0r.

SmokyDave

AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH

Fml. Seriously.
Sounds like you seriously need to talk to him. Tell him more or less what you just posted.

I know it's annoying trying to get through to someone that is defensive and argumentative, but communication is absolutely essential. If he's defensive and argumentative, chances are he already knows he's not pulling his weight.

I'm still relatively new here so you'll have to forgive me for trying to work out who's who, but I'm assuming 'him' refers to your partner...right? And from what I gather, you're having a few problems with him? The mess one being, understandably, a big one? I'd say get out, personally, but it's not that easy when relationships are involved. I'm like you, though, can't fucking stand mess. My current houseshare is a nightmare - the people I live with are fucking slobs. Oh, well, one month left (I was given my eviction notice last week) and it will all be over - I'll either be in a new share or homeless. Yayz0r.

Bad advice

Sounds like you seriously need to talk to him. Tell him more or less what you just posted.

I know it's annoying trying to get through to someone that is defensive and argumentative, but communication is absolutely essential. If he's defensive and argumentative, chances are he already knows he's not pulling his weight.

Better advice. Thanks Uncle Dave.

Reknoc

I have a steam key for Saints Row 3: Full Package and Dead Island with all the DLC edition (both on the same key) going if anyone wants it.

NinjaBoiX

Musha, I'm not going to lie, your place would drive me nuts. I couldn't live like that! I'm sorry mate, I know that probably doesn't really help.

Dave is dead right, you absolutely have grounds to be annoyed if he is the one showing resistance. Also, him being so defensive is absolutely because he knows you're right!

He is a wise man our David.

NinjaBoiX

photo_60036716_1.gif

Who's avatar was this back in the day? :O
I remember Minamu had a glorious one back in the animated avy days. It was this really cute Japanese cheerleader shooting double finger pistols at the camera, one hand then the other. It was mesmerising.

Edit: haha, whaddya know!

w1EBA.gif

Awesome! *saved*

Quidam

This thread man:

m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=638578&page=100000#footer

This guy just admitted that he only changes his bed sheets twice a year.

TWICE A YEAR!

That's not just disgusting, that's borderline dysfunctional. He is possible not entirely compos mentis.

I've been guilty of not doing it for 2 weeks, and I didn't change it once during my first 3 weeks of uni (which was particularly disgusting given, you know, freshers' week), but I generally do it weekly.

Twice a year is hilariously revolting.

Kentpaul

Kent, I folded like a cheap suit mate. I just smoked a lovely fat spliff, and I didn't share it with anyone.

Baked.

Feel good man.

(And kind of bad. I have no self control!)

My name is Drugs I want to tell u about me.

I destroy homes, tear families apart, take your children, and that's just the start. I'm more costly than diamonds, more costly than gold, the sorrow I bring is a sight to behold, and if u need me, remember I'm easily found. I live all around you, in schools and in town. I live with the rich, I live with the poor, I live down the street, and maybe next d......oor. My power is awesome; try me you'll see, but if you do, you may never break free. Just try me once and I might let you go, but try me twice, and I'll own your soul. When I possess you, you'll steal and you'll lie. You do what you have to just to get high. The crimes you'll commit, for my narcotic charms will be worth the pleasure you'll feel in your arms. You'll lie to your mother; you'll steal from your dad When you see their tears, you should feel sad. But you'll forget your morals and how you were raised, I'll be your conscience, I'll teach you my ways.

I take kids from parents, and parents from kids, I turn people from god, and separate from friends. I'll take everything from you, your looks and your pride, I'll be with you always, right by your side. You'll give up everything your family, your home, your friends, your money, then you'll be alone. I'll take and take, till you have nothing more to give. When I'm finished with you you'll be lucky to live. If you try me be warned this is no game. If given the chance, I'll drive you insane. I'll ravish your body; I'll control your mind. I'll own you completely; your soul will be mine. The nightmares I'll give you while lying in bed, the voices you'll hear from inside your head, the sweats, the shakes, the visions you'll see; I want you to know, these are all gifts from me, But then it's too late, and you'll know in your heart, that you are mine, and we shall not part.

You'll regret that you tried me, they always do, but you came to me, not I to you. You knew this would happen. Many times you were told, but you challenged my power, and chose to be bold. You could have said no, and just walked away, If you could live that day over, now what would you say? I'll be your master; you will be my slave, I'll even go with you, when you go to your grave!!!!

Salamz

Drugs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom