• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
at work with my laptop.....cant do any cellar work because the lass i work with is STILL on holiday... cba to clean today too, and im captain clean usually...

The Lord giveth, the Lord taketh away.

I got next Friday off.

Why isn't it next Friday yet?
lol
do you still think about noffles?
I miss that annoying, arrogant nintendo fanboy more than you could imagine

NinjaBoiX

Really glad he's ok Mike.

Ninja, you're an eager beaver. Don't worry, the weekend will fly by as they always do, before you know it it'll be Monday, then it's only 4 days away. Are you that excited to see me or is it EviLore you can't wait to meet?
Mike, Jimbor and Coldman.

Tash would be top, but he's not coming, neither is Jed or Shorty. It'll be cool to meet Evi too.

I can't forget you though Musha, it's so nice of you to put me up.

;)

Rubbish King

Mike, Jimbor and Coldman.

Tash would be top, but he's not coming, neither is Jed or Shorty. It'll be cool to meet Evi too.

I can't forget you though Musha, it's so nice of you to put me up.

;)

I kinda really wanna come to the meetup......

WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE A FRIDAY

NinjaBoiX

I wouldn't get too excited.
lXsGUjy.gif

Killjoy!

Edit: Oh, about meeting you. Yeah, you're probably right.

J/K

Mr. Sam

I've finally cleared by backlog of paperwork at work and am free to browse BritGAF at my leisure - provided the clients decide to leave me alone (unlikely).

Have we done weekend plans yet?

NinjaBoiX

Tash isn't going but you still mentioned him :'( I am heartbroken... I truly am :(

Musha, it's not your fault :)
Jordan, it's all a front mate, I wouldn't believe a word of it. Didn't you see the way I deflected Musha's question about whether I'm looking forward to seeing her?

My heart aches for her tender embrace, I may never let go of her.

Is it not 3 o'clock yet?
3xIz2iJ.gif

SteveWD40

The wait for a PS4 is killing me, got rid of all my consoles years ago and my laptop now runs things like ass, on top of getting arm ache when I game with a mouse for long.

I have iOS to keep me going until November...

SmokyDave

The wait for a PS4 is killing me, got rid of all my consoles years ago and my laptop now runs things like ass, on top of getting arm ache when I game with a mouse for long.

I have iOS to keep me going until November...

It's killing me and I've got every fucking console under the sun. Still, with the Vita I feel as though I'm already on the PS4 train, it's just that the buffet cart hasn't arrived yet. Or something.

being made to feel bad about not going out tonight :-(
That's 'cause you're the man, man. If you're not going out, what's the point? The night is already ruined.

SteveWD40

It's killing me and I've got every fucking console under the sun. Still, with the Vita I feel as though I'm already on the PS4 train, it's just that the buffet cart hasn't arrived yet. Or something.

It's tempting, waiting for Gamescon to see if it gets a bigger memory card or price cut, remote play might be awesome.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Would it be better to get a last gen system and catch up on what you missed. Don't want to face a Wii U situation with the PS4 and have nothing to play on it post launch.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
being made to feel bad about not going out tonight :-(
lol the guilt trip routine.

You: "I think I'll stay in tonight."

Miss: "Oh. OK."

You: "Is it?"

Miss: "Yeah that's fine. Don't worry about it."

Miss: "So what are you gonna do while I'm gone?"

You: "Probably browse the net a bit, catch up on a few emails, maybe play a game or two."

Miss: "...OK"

*10 minutes later*

Miss: SIGHHHHHHH

SmokyDave

It's tempting, waiting for Gamescon to see if it gets a bigger memory card or price cut, remote play might be awesome.

I'd wait if I were you. I can't see 'em missing the opportunity to cut the price a bit just before Killzone drops.

I know I play it up a lot, but I genuinely can't tell you how fucking great the Vita hardware is. It's one of those pieces of kit that you just want to use as often as possible, so you end up buying a ton of games. I've bought all kinds of stuff that I probably wouldn't have bothered with on other platforms. Having a fully featured console hooked up to a fucking crazy OLED display in the palm of your hands is just something else.

And yeah, Remote Play is going to be fucking nuts if they can make it sufficiently responsive. I'd imagine I'll play more PS4 games on my Vita than I will on the actual PS4.

I'm quite tired so I'm having a difficult time deciphering this post
.rorrim a ot pu ti dloH

Chinner

Banned
let me rephrase, my gf wants us to go out tonight, but I've basically said I'm too tired to go out tonight, neighbors have kept us up all week, been up since 6 and today is my busiest work day, just tired and not feeling it! but tomorrow is fine.

getting guilt tripped and shit, 'oh you'll say that tomorrow.' she only wants to go out because she's been watching geordie shore!

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
let me rephrase, my gf wants us to go out tonight, but I've basically said I'm too tired to go out tonight, neighbors have kept us up all week, been up since 6 and today is my busiest work day, just tired and not feeling it! but tomorrow is fine.

getting guilt tripped and shit, 'oh you'll say that tomorrow.' she only wants to go out because she's been watching geordie shore!
Compromise, maybe say you'll go for one drink just to appease her?

Build a paper-mache replica of yourself and put a recorder inside that plays your most famous phrases.

SmokyDave

If it were me, I'd probably go out. You won't feel as cack as you think and you'll score major brownie points with the missus.

I'd make sure to claim tomorrow as my own though.

If it were me, I'd probably go out. You won't feel as cack as you think and you'll score major brownie points with the missus.

I'd make sure to claim tomorrow as my own though.

Yup, I'm with Dave here. Go out, get a bit drunk, come back and fuck. Have tomorrow off.

Reknoc

I don't want them to announce a bigger card without a price cut, or at least for memory cards. Otherwise you'd end up paying the price of a Vita just for the memory card.

Jordan, it's all a front mate, I wouldn't believe a word of it. Didn't you see the way I deflected Musha's question about whether I'm looking forward to seeing her?

My heart aches for her tender embrace, I may never let go of her.

I'm taking my rape whistle with me

SteveWD40

I don't want them to announce a bigger card without a price cut, or at least for memory cards. Otherwise you'd end up paying the price of a Vita just for the memory card.

Make the Vita £150, make the cards cheaper and the 32gb one £25 and the 64gb one £50.

I'm dreaming but that's how they would get my moneyz.

That always sounds like a device to attract rapists to me.

"Fuck it, I've got ten minutes to spare, I'll give the rape whistle a quick blast".

Geez Dave, you had me giggling at my desk, now everyone in work is looking at me funny. I don't think they'd appreciate the humour.

Rubbish King

ZOMG, why do the police hate you so much? Are you secretly a member of a global drug cartel and everyone is trying to take you down?

Make the Vita £150, make the cards cheaper and the 32gb one £25 and the 64gb one £50.

Do they still use those fucking M2 cards, they're a bloody joke

Reknoc

I think that's how they'd get a lot more peoples money as well.

Though it still has a games problem, just not in the way it used to. It's probably hard to sell to people with all the low-fi indies "pay £220~ for a console, play a game where you control a square"

edit: since i'm on this, LEGO Lord of the Rings for the Vita is some bullshit. I refuse to believe they couldn't have perfectly ported the proper game to Vita, it's just a fucking lego game.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Weekend has landed, CS was awesome, got some beers now and heading into chav land to get some blue cheese later on for a get together with old friends.

SteveWD40

I think that's how they'd get a lot more peoples money as well.

Though it still has a games problem, just not in the way it used to. It's probably hard to sell to people with all the low-fi indies "pay £220~ for a console, play a game where you control a square"

edit: since i'm on this, LEGO Lord of the Rings for the Vita is some bullshit. I refuse to believe they couldn't have perfectly ported the proper game to Vita, it's just a fucking lego game.

Some of the PC Indies are really appealing, I don't like playing at my desk so Hotline Miami, Spelunky and allegedly FTL would be great. On top of that Killzone, Dragons Crown and then PS4 remote-play...

SmokyDave

Some of the PC Indies are really appealing, I don't like playing at my desk so Hotline Miami, Spelunky and allegedly FTL would be great. On top of that Killzone, Dragons Crown and then PS4 remote-play...
Can't tell you how good Hotline Miami is on Vita. I've been getting to work early so I can hook my Vita to the guitar amps and blast out the soundtrack whilst I crack fools with a bat.

Suairyu

Banned
ooooooo!

We really do need to get some Doom and Quake games going soon. I need to get the games back up and working again, I think all my data got chewed up in the great virus disaster of 2011, none of them work any more.
Steam has a 75% id's classic catalogue thing running this weekend, so maybe other britgaffers reading these words can pick up the Quake and Doom packs.

Mikeside

Steam has a 75% id's classic catalogue thing running this weekend, so maybe other britgaffers reading these words can pick up the Quake and Doom packs.

I already have all the games, so hit me up when you guys are giving this a go & I'll gladly join.

I'm fucking terrible, so I'm sure you'll all appreciate the cannon fodder.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Random GAF tearing down Children of Men with criticism like "it's very much a left wing movie". If you are going to criticise at least say something legit. Brilliant film, not perfect but worth more than some political throwaway comment that makes no sense.

Reknoc

It's nice they're on there and I'm happy to see more arrive I just don't think they make the vita all that more appealing. I haven't even bought most of the ones I want because space is a premium on vita and I already own them.

Super excited for Dragons Crown, Autumn though urgh. Sometimes I hope Atlus burn with Index.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom