• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
CHEEZMO™;52292763 said:
spring-breakers-08.jpeg

Hystzen

So yeah, pointless differentiation from the comic again for the sake of it.

My issue is not following source material (even though I'm confused why they don't) but even on a TV show view its horrible.
You don't spent 6+ episodes build up for a non fight where 40 people turn up to fight a battle then run away because the others fight back. It prob to save money as staying in current setting will save money instead of them wondering the land again. A comment in the GAF thread described it as DBZ syndrome but at least DBZ had a fight at end of it

The show has so much potential but fails every season tempted to not even bother next season
(put stuff in spoilers because I have no idea if BritGAF cares about Walking dead or not)

Hystzen

Worth noting that TWD finale was heavily re-shot, also Lennie James (Morgan) did have the finale on his IMDB until recently so he was supposed to show up. Word is they re-shot due to someone dying that the new show runner wants to keep around. The cast were talking about some shock ending that would leave you open mouthed when it fades to black, you can be damn skippy they weren't referring to this one.

Geez that is depressing to hear instead of a good ending with a hook they went with just a shrug.

SKINNER!

Banned
CHEEZMO™;52292763 said:

Selena Gomez, Vanessa Hudgens and some of their friends dressed up in only bikinis and pink balaclavas robbing banks and shit in Florida during Spring Break. James Franco is in it too as some drug dealer/rasta/crimelord kingpin...I think.

SteveWD40

I've just tried so, so hard to like TWD TV series. After playing the (good) game, and reading the comics, it's infinitely inferior.

The problem is the format, trying to fit the basic comic plot into 16 episode seasons does not work, they end up with loads of filler trying to drag the plot out.

They should have
got to the prison in mid S2, less farm drama, have the big fight mid season 3 and be with the hunters bit by now.

They need to trim the fat of the cast, leave the weak guarded at the prison by Herschel and others while the core cast head off for new pastures.

IMHO of course.

Danj

My local indie cinema is claiming that its out this Friday. Hearing so much buzz about it too. And as much as I advocate to Britgaf declaring that going to the cinema alone is perfectly OK so long as it's a.) during the morning/afternoon and b.) not a kids flick, I don't think I can pull off seeing this flick on my own regardless of which part of the day I see it in.

Wait, what? Going to the cinema alone is not OK now? When did that happen? Because I've been doing that for like nearly 3 years now.

Wait, what? Going to the cinema alone is not OK now? When did that happen? Because I've been doing that for like nearly 3 years now.

Literally nobody I knew wanted to go see Avengers. I'll be fucked if I was waiting for the DVD. I didn't have my SO whispering to me every five minutes to ask me what was going on. Awesome.

SKINNER!

Banned

You'll be surprised at how many people give me a funny look when I say I go on my own. One of the most dumbest social taboos I've ever come across.

f0rk

You'll be surprised at how many people give me a funny look when I say I go on my own. One of the most dumbest social taboos I've ever come across.

Of all the movies that could make you look like a creepy lonely pedo Spring Breakers is probably nearly the top of the list lol

Danj

It's a social taboo? I honestly had no idea. I guess I've been violating it for some time now!

Of all the movies that could make you look like a creepy lonely pedo Spring Breakers is probably nearly the top of the list lol

But they're not underage are they? But yeah I grant the "creepy lonely" part :/

Danj

I wish every day was a bank holiday. Can get a bus home. Aww yeaaah

Buses are on Sunday service here which is why I've not been arsed to try and go anywhere. Going to go and do shopping tomorrow though as I have tomorrow off as well (it's a Statutory Day at my work, not sure why they call it that but I'm not going to complain).

Raknar

Neo Member
I have never overclocked (shocking considering of how many PCs I have built)

This is my current set up I have at home:

So, it's not like I need a new monitor or mouse, I'm just thinking to replace the left monitor to get something that doesn't have a massive scratch down the middle of it (it drives me insane)
The keyboard needs to go, I have had it since I built the machine roughly 4 years ago, the mouse is brand new as of Christmas (Roccat Kone+) and I love it. I was looking at mechanical keyboards, and not quite sure on what to choose - but that's only sub £100?

I'm not gonna lie, I haven't even heard of Oculus Rift until now, and just looking up I'm not entirely sure. I think I would have to try out first.

Edit:

Also, this is the PC I am currently using:

i5 750 at 2.6GHz
4GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 5770 (I think)

I can't recommend any mechanical keyboards as I'm still using an old G15 like you!

Whatever you end up buying, you'll be seeing some huge performance increases with Haswell and a decent GPU.

Hystzen

I know, they murdered Outer Heaven :\ SepirothX is also here under Stealthzilla.

Spring Breakers, none of the main three got nude. Why even bother.

bumped into Seph in a DmC thread (of course) and think seen Rico around in a nintendo thread

Didn't Hudgens have a body double for one scene

Lirlond

Buses are on Sunday service here which is why I've not been arsed to try and go anywhere. Going to go and do shopping tomorrow though as I have tomorrow off as well (it's a Statutory Day at my work, not sure why they call it that but I'm not going to complain).

That's the only downside. Still better than a 45 minute walk in the cold

Gregorn

Am I too cool for the adventuring times? It just seems like an Internet accepted version of my little pony.

It's weird, I can easily play 'kiddy' games like Pokemon, but when it comes to TV and films, I have a more harsh judgement of anything that looks like it's aimed at a younger audience.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Nice gaming session with Mikeside

Final score on battlefield was 7k-27d for me and 5k-35d for mike

I wish there were servers i could just fuck around with jets in so i would'nt have to worry about the damage to my already pummled KD
Am I too cool for the adventuring times? It just seems like an Internet accepted version of my little pony.

It's weird, I can easily play 'kiddy' games like Pokemon, but when it comes to TV and films, I have a more harsh judgement or anything that looks like it's aimed at a younger audience.

Adventure time is kinda awesome, it's on those tvs on trains, i watched an episode where the ice king gets married, it was pretty great

Oh and one where the protagonist gets turned into a foot.

However I also watched the entire first season of MLP in like two sittings and actually enjoyed it, it felt wrong on several levels, but i was quite depressed at the time so idk

It's weird, I can easily play 'kiddy' games like Pokemon, but when it comes to TV and films, I have a more harsh judgement or anything that looks like it's aimed at a younger audience.

There's loads of jokes that probably shouldn't be in a kid's show. It's pretty fucked up.

I'd recommend the episode featuring the origins of the Ice King if you don't believe me.

Gregorn

However I also watched the entire first season of MLP in like two sittings and actually enjoyed it, it felt wrong on several levels, but i was quite depressed at the time so idk

Pretty sure that makes your opinion on anything invalid.

There's loads of jokes that probably shouldn't be in a kid's show. It's pretty fucked up.

I'd recommend the episode featuring the origins of the Ice King if you don't believe me.

I guess I'll give it a go now that it's on Netflix. Expectations are set to low though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom