• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikeside

Nice gaming session with Mikeside

Final score on battlefield was 7k-27d for me and 5k-35d for mike

I wish there were servers i could just fuck around with jets in so i would'nt have to worry about the damage to my already pummled KD

Adventure time is kinda awesome, it's on those tvs on trains, i watched an episode where the ice king gets married, it was pretty great

Oh and one where the protagonist gets turned into a foot.

However I also watched the entire first season of MLP in like two sittings and actually enjoyed it, it felt wrong on several levels, but i was quite depressed at the time so idk

A few epic moments on the bikes and in the helicopter.
We need to play a non-FPS together, brah

I guess I'll give it a go now that it's on Netflix. Expectations are set to low though.

It's OK if you don't like it, but I feel like cartoons are in a real good place again nowadays and Adventure Time is definitely one of the shows leading the charge. It's no Dexter's Lab or Powerpuff Girls but it's close.

Hystzen

There's loads of jokes that probably shouldn't be in a kid's show. It's pretty fucked up.

I'd recommend the episode featuring the origins of the Ice King if you don't believe me.

Any episode with Ice King is gold

" Im not evil"

"yes you are I bet you stole that crown"

"No...i killed the person then took it"

Mikeside

Happy unofficial Monday, BritGAF!

How was everyone's weekends?

I'm regretting my decision to watch Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead at 00:30 after from Thursday to Sunday involving way more drinking than I'm used to and not getting to bed before 4am on any day.

I
FEEL
DEATH

Jordan

I'm regretting my decision to watch Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead at 00:30 after from Thursday to Sunday involving way more drinking than I'm used to and not getting to bed before 4am on any day.

I
FEEL
DEATH

Unofficial Monday's are the best kind, because that Monday morning drag isn't there and I actually feel positive!

My weekend was okay, I got a lot of gaming done and feel relatively rested - wish I had been bothered to go into town yesterday though to pick myself up a new hoody and hat :( Absolutely fucking freezing this morning without a hat!

Danj

I
FEEL
DEATH

Not bad I guess, at least I got Bioshock Infinite and SC2 HOTS campaign finished. Can't seem to muster the enthusiasm to finish Tomb Raider though, plus I have today off also because it's a Statutory Day at my workplace, so I'm really starting to wonder what to do today. Oh and I actually went out on Saturday evening which was cool.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
There's no power in my house and there's been quite a nasty traffic collision right outside my house woke up late so I can see any of the aftermath as the debris has been cleared... But yeah... No wifi or pc.... What am I going to do

noffles

Banned
There's no power in my house and there's been quite a nasty traffic collision right outside my house woke up late so I can see any of the aftermath as the debris has been cleared... But yeah... No wifi or pc.... What am I going to do

Don't you have a portable game system or a book?

8bit

Knows the Score

Presumably you've got a reasonable smartphone if you're posting here, so Angry Birds Star Wars, Where's My Water or Snake.

Danj

Laptop + tethering to smartphone? Or Angry Birds as someone else suggested. Or Football Manager Handheld! 2013 version just got updated recently.

Rubbish King

Don't you have a portable game system or a book?
I have some games for my gs3 but I need to conserve power for phonecalls as im expecting one later regarding work but I need it now so the electrician can ring me..

Also im quite tired and not in a reading mood, I left my PC downloadong over night so spec ops would be ready to go... I can't go anywhere until the problem is sorted pretty much.. Maybe it's time to invest in a vita

noffles

Banned
I have some games for my gs3 but I need to conserve power for phonecalls as im expecting one later regarding work but I need it now so the electrician can ring me..

Also im quite tired and not in a reading mood, I left my PC downloadong over night so spec ops would be ready to go... I can't go anywhere until the problem is sorted pretty much.. Maybe it's time to invest in a vita

Get a 3DS instead.

SPEAK FOR YOURSELF.

I was talking about the rest of you lot. My voice is absolutely fucking phenomenal.

Rubbish King

Presumably you've got a reasonable smartphone if you're posting here, so Angry Birds Star Wars, Where's My Water or Snake.
nope

Masturbate
Saving that as a last resort
Laptop + tethering to smartphone? Or Angry Birds as someone else suggested. Or Football Manager Handheld! 2013 version just got updated recently.
Laptop is almost dead
Is there a britgaf vent channel? I'd like to have sex with your voices.
I will throw in words like guvner and shaggadelic for an extra fee

There is nothing sexy about our voices.
Speak for yourself, I can be pretty sensual

Darren870

I
FEEL
DEATH

Didn't do much, relaxed, walked around, worked on little projects.
Afternoon tea at the Ritz was probably the biggest thing I did.

SKINNER!

Banned
Probaby common knowledge to everyone here but I found this video on how to get cheap train tickets pretty informative. I suck at getting cheap train tickets and I'm certainly not looking forward to seeing how much it'll be to get down to Derby station for Download when I sort everything out this weekend :X

SteveWD40

I have a voice so sexy I was told I should be a late night DJ:

MC_001.jpg

only the over 30's will get that reference

Danj

Probaby common knowledge to everyone here but I found this video on how to get cheap train tickets pretty informative. I suck at getting cheap train tickets and I'm certainly not looking forward to seeing how much it'll be to get down to Derby station for Download when I sort everything out this weekend :X

I knew about some of that, but it's worth mentioning there is a downside to getting those cheap tickets, they have absolutely zero flexibility so if for some reason you can't get the train you're booked on (for example, because a previous train was late so you missed your connection) then you're screwed.

noffles

Banned
Oh man, that was a good lunch. Cut some slices from a fat sausage, fried the slices off and threw them in a sandwich with some barbeque sauce.

Heaven.

SKINNER!

Banned
I knew about some of that, but it's worth mentioning there is a downside to getting those cheap tickets, they have absolutely zero flexibility so if for some reason you can't get the train you're booked on (for example, because a previous train was late so you missed your connection) then you're screwed.

Well, that's the thing. A flexible ticket is £115. You know what's annoying? Flights to East Midlands airport costs almost the same (if not slightly cheaper if you leave in the afternoon). Apart from airport security, I'm so tempted to just take a 1 hour flight down instead of taking 5/6 hours to get there hopping on/off trains and shit. Seriously, wtf is up with the train service?

You're screwed in that you're not going to get where you want to on time. But! Depending on how long you're delayed you can get your money back.

When I was going oop north for Christmas my train was delayed by ~15 mins, making me miss my connection at Birminghan new street, and there wasn't another train for 2 hrs (one train every two hours on a Friday evening, seriously WTF?). I wrote in and got a full refund of over £50 (in vouchers, but still), so frankly I didn't mind the delay.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
To be fair there's all different kinds of accents over this country and each county/semi towns have their own slangs to go with it. But truth aside, South East accent is by far the best (in the world) <3 I love my accent. I Will always be a true Kent gentlemen.

noffles

Banned
To be fair there's all different kinds of accents over this country and each county/semi towns have their own slangs to go with it. But truth aside, South East accent is by far the best (in the world) <3 I love my accent. I Will always be a true Kent gentlemen.

Kent is a wonderful place. I got pissed for the first time on a beach in Ramsgate. Memories~

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Kent is a wonderful place. I got pissed for the first time on a beach in Ramsgate. Memories~

oh fuck dude, Ramsgate? Man, the last time i was there two years ago one of the beaches near there (Margate) was grey! I wouldn't go there in a heart beat :lol:

Ramsgate is nice though.

noffles

Banned
oh fuck dude, Ramsgate? Man, the last time i was there two years ago one of the beaches near there (Margate) was grey! I wouldn't go there in a heart beat :lol:

Ramsgate is nice though.

I don't even know what beach it was, but there was a guy fishing and a little sidestreet with pubs and restaurants nearby. It was near Ramsgate park though, or whatever that park was. It had a bandstand/gazebo thing in it.

FUCK KNOWS.

Say toothbrush.

Musha can only sound sexy if she brings back the Welsh accent. It's the best accent in the world.

noffles

Banned
People would fap to us. There's some odd obsession with a 'British' accent worldwide. Except the Aussies, but fuck those lot. Can't even play cricket properly, the bastards.

SKINNER!

Banned
We all talk on instant text chat from time to time (soo looking forward to the E3 conferences chat). I'm sure we can all voice chat sometime for a laugh.

Musha can only sound sexy if she brings back the Welsh accent. It's the best accent in the world.

You'll be happy to hear then that during the 5 days I spent down there last week I pretty nearly completely regressed. It took a whole day to get back out of it once I'd got back.

noffles

Banned
You'll be happy to hear then that during the 5 days I spent down there last week I pretty nearly completely regressed. It took a whole day to get back out of it once I'd got back.

You should have kept it. D:

Scottish beats you all.

Scottish accents are just brilliant because I can understand them thanks to knowing loads of Scottish fellas online. I use the slang often, just to piss people off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom