• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Argh, I've heard nothing from Scan since Thursday about my PC.

I've contacted them via Facebook but no response as of yet.

I never normally hate being deaf but today is one of those times.

Mikeside

I just started playing MGS2 today. 2 hours in... I though Raiden was meant to be cooler than this, dude keeps slipping on seagull shite.

Also finished Uncharted 1 last night, it was gud but felt a bit budget. First two hours of U2 are fucking amazing by contrast.

So much games....! Damn you Miiiiiiiiiike! :D

I thought you'd been a bit quiet in here! How's it going, man? Uncharted 2 is a treat from start to finish, enjoy that! Let me know if you want to borrow Uncharted 3 after you're done with 2.

Raiden was the reason i turned off MSG2 to never play it again. Dude strolled along like a joker.

ps3 games are shite, Gears of war is the game of the generation.

Oh no you dih-uuuunt.
PS3 has been a fucking powerhouse for the past few years.
The 3rd party output has been questionable overall (though much improved now) but the 1st party titles have been consistently enjoyable.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Uncharted 2 is game of the generation.

Well it's going to have to pull out all the stops to be GotG but it's an impressive step up for sure. The acting is far and away the best I've seen in a game, the characters are interesting and not the usual gaming cliches. Drake himself is very close to being entirely generic without the great script and acting, which elevate him to a unique protagonist in gaming. I like how freaked out or annoyed at stuff he will get, the little touches like that really help to make the stuff you're doing a little less ridiculous. The gameplay itself is fun enough but it's not doing anything that's truly amazing to me.

GTA V is going to have to fuck up really bad not to grab my GotG crown. GTA IV is already an all-time favourite where almost every aspect is perfect for me (must have played that game for 200 hours easily). Other than that, Portal 2 was very special and Bio Infinite has just made a big impression on me - but I can't tell if it's in 'best ever' land or simply 'best Bioshock'. And then there's Halo. If I could pick it, all the current-gen Halo games would be my GotG.

Mikeside

And then there's Halo. If I could pick it, all the current-gen Halo games would be my GotG.

Even ODST? I really enjoyed ODST (though not initially), but everyone else seems to hate it.

Also, I'm way too fickle to judge my goty, let alone gotg!
I guess I'd pick Portal 2, Dishonored, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Dead Space, Journey and The Walking Dead as my contenders

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I thought you'd been a bit quiet in here! How's it going, man? Uncharted 2 is a treat from start to finish, enjoy that! Let me know if you want to borrow Uncharted 3 after you're done with 2.

ha, I literally spent all weekend gaming. I watched about 4 hours in TV in between it all :p Finished Infinite on the Friday, MGS1 on Saturday and then Uncharted 1 yesterday. Also gave a couple of hours to Sleeping Dogs (which is really very good) and Motorstorm Apocalypse (well fun!). Then I downloaded MGS2 and started that off because I can't wait to get to 4. So far MGS2 is very odd - throws you in the deep end for 2 hours, then gives you all the tutorials at once as Raiden. Hmmmm.

Thinking Saturday afternoon to play through Journey, awww yeah!

Mrs Sniv hates me so much now. And you, definitely you.

Even ODST? I really enjoyed ODST (though not initially), but everyone else seems to hate it.

Oh man totally! That game is brilliant. Ironically it was the first game in the series that I went into being fairly good at how the games play, so I was a total powerhouse. ODSTs are hardass motherfuckers yo. All Halo gets my love, especially because of all the EU fiction. As a multimedia franchise it's just unparalleled right now, with everything at a consistently high quality and feeding from one to the other.

SKINNER!

Banned
Davey Boy Smith is dead?

He's been dead for like more than 10 years. Was reading up about Wrestlemania and someone mentioned the British Bulldog.

Gears of war is the game of the generation.

TaTdV.gif

I've never hyped a game up like I did with Skyward Sword.

The problem with that is that I knew everything about the game before I even had my hands on it. Including the final boss.

Yeah, I stayed info free. I knew practically nothing. I knew there was a bug item, aaaaand that's about it.

That final boss blew my mind.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I had some of my best online gaming on gears of war.

I am fairly Good At Games(tm) but I suck so hard at Gears of War multi, I just cannot hit a single person. That TPS combat is single-player only for me. And I completed the series on Hardcore too! I'm no slouch!

noffles

Banned
Gears was my first proper experience with an online game. I put so many hours into that game that it's kind of stupid. If I could track the numbers, I would; if only to prove a point.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
I am fairly Good At Games(tm) but I suck so hard at Gears of War multi, I just cannot hit a single person. That TPS combat is single-player only for me. And I completed the series on Hardcore too! I'm no slouch!

You had to sit and play for hours each day to keep up with the best of them. Headshotting fools and having everyone in the lobby giving you respect/trash talking was amazing. I'l never experience the likes of it again. Every encounter on the gears multi was a tense affair.

Gears was my first proper experience with an online game. I put so many hours into that game that it's kind of stupid. If I could track the numbers, I would; if only to prove a point.

Gears is pretty much the last big game that didn't really track your progress, You played to pwn people not improve your EXP score, unlocks.

noffles

Banned
Gears is pretty much the last big game that didn't really track your progress, You played to pwn people not improve your EXP score, unlocks.

I played with friends and they all knew I was a little bastard with the torque bow. I used to get some proper skill shots with that thing.

I miss being 14.

SKINNER!

Banned
I knew one of the Bulldogs was dead; I just thought it was the Dynamite Kid for some reason.

That guy is close to death. Seen that CNN documentary about steroid abuse in pro wrestling where they interviewed him in his council flat in England somewhere? Sitting in a wheel chair with the "For more information on this channel" Sky banner on his TV in the background. Fuck me, that was depressing seeing him in that state considering how great he was.

Kentpaul

I played with friends and they all knew I was a little bastard with the torque bow. I used to get some proper skill shots with that thing.

I miss being 14.

I was like 16 at the time. I always went with snipe, Headshots or not i would die trying.

The gow headshot is most satisfying

SteveWD40

I would have to pick (for this gen) from, in no order:

Fallout 3
Skyrim
COD 4
WoW (2005 so this gen really)

But all on PC, so not sure if "gen" is relevant.

Mr. Sam

That guy is close to death. Seen that CNN documentary about steroid abuse in pro wrestling where they interviewed him in his council flat in England somewhere? Sitting in a wheel chair with the "For more information on this channel" Sky banner on his TV in the background. Fuck me, that was depressing seeing him in that state considering how great he was.

Somehow the most depressing part.

Kentpaul

I would have to pick (for this gen) from, in no order:

Fallout 3
Skyrim

COD 4
WoW (2005 so this gen really)

But all on PC, so not sure if "gen" is relevant.

I have bolded the buggy trash on your list, Both feel like there just made in a big map maker and some dude in his basement put in the quests/story's.

COD 4 was amazing, I also had some great online memories from that game. I spend a day boosting on cage matches to unlock the golden UZI.

I never got into wow for fear of addiction (I avoid Opiates, crack, meth, benzo's for this reason too)

Kentpaul

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iu-SEKORExg

Even from a distance, hearing it is just so fucking satisfying.

The sound, the animation is all spot on. Fucking seeing a dude stand for like an extra second after his head is gone then just flopping to the deck was pretty darn sweet.

Bringing out the pistol to remove heads was just a clear sign a god was in the match. A god walking with the normals

Kentpaul

My game of the generation is Galaxy and/or Galaxy 2, without a doubt. I basically treat them as the same game.

shite.

The last good mario game was SMB3, Super mario world was ok then its a steel decline from there.

I was to busy playing goldeneye multiplayer with my buddies to emo out on Mario 64.

My game of the generation is Galaxy and/or Galaxy 2, without a doubt. I basically treat them as the same game.

Completely forgot about Galaxy 1/2. HD double pack collection much? So yeah, I could pretty much play L4D, Fallout 3, and the Galaxy games forever and be happy.

My only memories of GoW2 online is people rolling around and the shotgun being incredibly OP. And lag. SOOOO much lag.

shite.

The last good mario game was SMB3, Super mario world was ok then its a steel decline from there.

I was to busy playing goldeneye multiplayer with my buddies to emo out on Mario 64.

Imagining you with a cockney dudebro, overcompensating Danny Dyer voice is quite amusing.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Call of duty 4

Fallout 3

Red dead redemption

L4D is up there too somewhere but no way fave game of this gen

I would like to include bioshock even though it's almost next gen area

Mikeside

shite.

I never see a thought out criticism from you, it's always abruptly dismissive.
I'd love to hear why you don't like SMG2 and what your issues with PS3 exclusives are?

Kentpaul

I never see a thought out criticism from you, it's always abruptly dismissive.
I'd love to hear why you don't like SMG2 and what your issues with PS3 exclusives are?

I didn't enjoy resistance 1, or moterstorm when i was over a mates house. I felt pure joy when i got home and fired in halo 3 and invited a few mates to a match. Lots of us playing infection, Shit was like playing hide as seek as kids. Ps3 sucks in general, i have no time for a system that has no party chat.

I love or hate a video game. I have no time to play a game I'm not fully loving.

noffles

Banned
Best games this gen:

Galaxy 1/2
Red Dead Redemption
Bioshock
Bioshock Infinite
Uncharted 2
Mass Effect 2

That's not in order though.

SteveWD40

I have bolded the buggy trash on your list, Both feel like there just made in a big map maker and some dude in his basement put in the quests/story's

That's why I said PC, mods can fix all the issues they had on consoles, including removing map markers and adding new content.

If that means they don't make the list (mods are not the "base" game) then fuck it, COD4 is le game of le gen.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Wii Music?

Now now. Wii Music is an underappreciated gem of a game, and woefully misunderstood. It's a local multiplayer co-op platformer played out in sound rather than in vision, its closest cousin is not Guitar Hero, but New Super Mario Bros Wii. Just that nobody understood it except maybe me.

Reknoc

GotG would be too hard of a thing for me to pick. I'd have to look at all the games I played this generation and put in serious consideration to each one.

Then I'd probably just go for the Super Mario Galaxy games.

Kentpaul

1336364959housesadnod-gif.gif

ME2 was the height of the trilogy. Got unfairly criticized by Mako loving ME1 fans.

ME1 is the only great game in that series, I hate the action path the rest took.

news at 11 bioware getting over there heads and falling flat on there faces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom