• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
One day, me and Tash will have a chat. We'll have some alcohol, a table, some music playing and then we'll have a chat. The topic of Mario will come up, an argument will ensue and then the scrap of the century will occur.

Who will win?

Nobody knows yet.
I'm usually quite a chilled guy, but when I'm cornered I am no longer accountable for my actions, I may be a dopey angsty teen most of the time, but don't think I won't stand my ground sir, I can go from 0 to CRAWLLLING INN MMYYY SKINNN in a heartbeat

Rubbish King

I haven't had power all fucking day and now they're going to dig up the bloody driveway somewhere, should be fun to watch but my phone is almost dead meaning the only source of Internet will be gone.. :(

8bit

Knows the Score
I haven't had power all fucking day and now they're going to dig up the bloody driveway somewhere, should be fun to watch but my phone is almost dead meaning the only source of Internet will be gone.. :(

Why don't you go to the library and borrow a cup of Internet? Or are the libraries all gone now?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Sometimes you think you're better off dead, there's gun in your hand and it's pointing at your head. You think you're mad, too unstable. Kicking in chairs and knocking down tables. You've got a heart of glass or weigh 30 stone. Just you wait 'til I get you home. We've got no future, we've got no past. Here today, built to last in every city, in every nation from Lake Geneva to the Finland station.

Danj

I just got a phone call to say I've got a new job! Starting at the of the month after I've worked my notice

Congratulations! Having employment is awesome. It still hasn't been confirmed that I'll be keeping my job (and I haven't heard back from any of the other jobs I applied to) so I don't yet know how screwed I am. I expect to find out within the next few weeks though.

In other unrelated news, Spring Breakers finally turned up on the Cineworld schedule sheet for my local: Cambridge Cineworld. It is indeed out this Friday, but since I'm travelling Friday and Saturday I'll have to see about seeing it Sunday.

That's ruddy good of you - I may take you up on that once I've moved into the flat, as there'll be more opportunity for party gaming. Cheers buddy :)

As usual in those situations, I'll be standing between you trying to chill things out. I can't count the number of times I had to do that in 6th form and then in college.

Sounds like mario is serious business :p

Holy shit it's so bright outside - im on my commute home but want to do something - the brightness doesn't make it warm though :(

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Holy shit it's so bright outside - im on my commute home but want to do something - the brightness doesn't make it warm though :(

It does here. I've got the heating on still in the shop (we're on the shady side of the street), but by lunchtime it was warmer outside than in.

Rubbish King

We're past that now. I was shamed like a dog.
image.php

Watching Lucky Number Slevin

pretty good so far

Chinner

Banned
oh i forgot about the kentpaul musha love affair. clearly it's still there, like a throbbing pain in the back of your head.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Never watch a film, never read a book, dont own a tv then, they're all the same

Video games are casual escapism, Books and TV are simply viewing.

When playing a video game you transport your ego into the game pretty much leaving your host body a mindless zombie.

Games of the generation? For me, it would have to be Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3. I waited ten long years for a sequel to MVC2, then got two in six months. Dat Capcom milking. I even double dipped for the Vita version.

Other favourites:
Batman: Arkham Asylum (City was too bloated)
Civilization IV
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia
Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift
FTL: Faster Than Light
Bastion
Mortal Kombat (2011)
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (2010)
The Pinball Arcade (it's barely a game, but I play it so much it has to be on this list)

I'm enjoying this Tashbrooke/Kentpaul showdown. Serious "I think you and I are destined to do this forever" level stuff going down.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Red Dead Redemption was a good game but it failed to keep me playing after 3 days.

Single player games.. you never get your moneys worth.

I'm okay with you not being as typically 'cultured' and read as some would expect of a person, because you're a bit of variety. Fuck norms.

I would prefer a good tv show to a book. I did try and read LOTR but got bored around the tom bombadil snash.

If i got a jail sentence, i would have no problem with a stack of books. I would spend my days doing press up's ect and reading. Easy living.

Rubbish King

Video games are casual escapism, Books and TV are simply viewing.

When playing a video game you transport your ego into the game pretty much leaving your host body a mindless zombie.

Regardless of how you view it, all are art forms and to say one is more valid than the next is simply illogical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom