• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like shoeboxing people into categories, but if I had to pick I guess I'd be

New affluent workers - a young class group which is socially and culturally active, with middling levels of economic capital

SKINNER!

Banned
The way I saw it:

Broke as fuck
Normal
Rich as fuck

but why judge people based on whether they drink dom perignon or white lightning? We're all human.

Well White Lightning is the drink of this thread.

crumptons%20pear.jpg

Crumpton Oaks for me. *wretch*

SKINNER!

Banned
lol at the questions in the British class calculator.

Which of these cultural activities do you take part in:

Listen to hip-hop/rap [ ]
Go to stately homes [ ]
Listen to classical music [ ]
Play video games [ ]
Use Facebook/Twitter [ ]

EDIT: JonathanEx, tell me you weren't behind this questionnaire.

Stryder

Hi BritGAF, I'm looking at buying a second hand car (3-5 year old BMW 3 series) in London and was wondering if anyone can recommend a site to look at private classifieds. Buying from someone will end up cheaper than going through a dealer.

The best I've found so far is gumtree, but perhaps I'm looking in the wrong places. Perhaps I should be looking at a paper instead of the internet?

Thanks guys

SKINNER!

Banned
Oooh I've got it. I need to make a Daily Mail Class Calculator. Lowest class, "VILE PRODUCT".

Aww yass! That would be hilarious!

Hi BritGAF, I'm looking at buying a second hand car (3-5 year old BMW 3 series) in London and was wondering if anyone can recommend a site to look at private classifieds. Buying from someone will end up cheaper than going through a dealer.

The best I've found so far is gumtree, but perhaps I'm looking in the wrong places. Perhaps I should be looking at a paper instead of the internet?

Thanks guys

Auto Trader?

Aww yass! That would be hilarious!

So far, I've got classes as being "Vile Product of the Welfare State", "Middle Class (Well Done)" and "Posh".

Question 1 idea is if you've ever been given or borrowed money. If you've had benefits, or a few quid from friends, you're vile, Middle Class is "No, in tough times I sold my homegrown herbs at the market" and posh is "Only from Mummy and Daddy, but that doesn't count"

Edit: There really should be both "The Squeezed Middle" and "Middle Class", shouldn't there

Thanks guys

Yup, definitely try Auto Trader.

SteveWD40

So far, I've got classes as being "Vile Product of the Welfare State", "Middle Class (Well Done)" and "Posh".

Question 1 idea is if you've ever been given or borrowed money. If you've had benefits, or a few quid from friends, you're vile, Middle Class is "No, in tough times I sold my homegrown herbs at the market" and posh is "Only from Mummy and Daddy, but that doesn't count"

Edit: There really should be both "The Squeezed Middle" and "Middle Class", shouldn't there

When I do deals for certain companies we have to do searches on the (sometimes affluent) directors.

You would be amazed at just how shocking some of them are when it comes to debt, the amount of times you see Wonga etc... on the search profile for people earning over £250k is hilarious. They often live above their means, many of them drive Bentleys but are borrowing money to put petrol in it.

The Wasp Factory was amazing. He will be remembered fondly I think... I hope the announcement means a surge in popularity before he dies. I think he deserves some love and attention.

Fuck cancer generally too.

lol at the questions in the British class calculator.

Which of these cultural activities do you take part in:

Listen to hip-hop/rap [ ]
Go to stately homes [ ]
Listen to classical music [ ]
Play video games [ ]
Use Facebook/Twitter [ ]

EDIT: JonathanEx, tell me you weren't behind this questionnaire.

That is awesome hah

I tried to log in to the Beeb, but I've forgotten my credentials and just couldn't even be bothered to recover them just for this. When are they going to add Facebook/Google/OpenID?

The Daily Mail parody version sounds like an amazing idea.

One of the questions should get you to point where you're from on a map. England should have St George's flag over the top of it, and clicking anywhere else on the parchment (where it says HERE BE DRAGONS and stuff like that) should result in you being booted out of the survey early and blamed for the economy

That is awesome hah

I tried to log in to the Beeb, but I've forgotten my credentials and just couldn't even be bothered to recover them just for this. When are they going to add Facebook/Google/OpenID?

The Daily Mail parody version sounds like an amazing idea.

One of the questions should get you to point where you're from on a map. England should have St George's flag over the top of it, and clicking anywhere else on the parchment (where it says HERE BE DRAGONS and stuff like that) should result in you being booted out of the survey early and blamed for the economy

Hahah, so where do you live, and you get marked down for not being from England. I like it. That goes in. I'll run a test version online by 1oclock if you guys can give some feedback.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
that bbc survey was about as uselful as a chocolate kettle

emergent service worker

Morning GAF, super annoyed because ive overslept AGAIN and dont want to exercise because of it as i missed the fucking early swimming >.<

ALSO

With the recent explosion of Bitcoin currency i cant help but be annoyed at myself...somewhere on the internet there are 5 bitcoins that belong to me on an unretrievable account i had years ago

i could've sold them for $700 if i still had them today

jack_sad.gif

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Because I only use this thread to talk about dick and shamelessly self-promote -

Parachute for Gordo - A Hog in the Trough (official cunting video)

Here's a video that I made, mostly due to the dilligent hard work of the folks over in the funny pictures thread and also because Internet Explorer is a piece of shit, without which the genesis of this video would never have happened.

Contains: cat balls and lurid faces. Does not contain - my face. Does contain - an image of the house where I lost my virginity.

Also, glans.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
that bbc survey was about as uselful as a chocolate kettle

emergent service worker

Morning GAF, super annoyed because ive overslept AGAIN and dont want to exercise because of it as i missed the fucking early swimming >.<

ALSO

With the recent explosion of Bitcoin currency i cant help but be annoyed at myself...somewhere on the internet there are 5 bitcoins that belong to me on an unretrievable account i had years ago

i could've sold them for $700 if i still had them today

jack_sad.gif

L. O. L

I explained to my grandad what bitcoins were a few weeks ago, he looked at me like I was a witch. B-b-b-but GOLD! Fuck your gold old man muhahahahaha!

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
It's a rubbish survey, being as it puts me into the "precariat" - having not asked basic questions like do I own my own business.

Income is low because I keep as much in the business as I can, savings are low ditto, and I rent my house and value farmworkers as friends over CEOs.

Bunch of crap.

It's a rubbish survey, being as it puts me into the "precariat" - having not asked basic questions like do I own my own business.

Income is low because I keep as much in the business as I can, savings are low ditto, and I rent my house and value farmworkers as friends over CEOs.

Bunch of crap.

You run a farm? Wowwww.

Ok so I've just actually taken both tests.

The BBC one said I was

Established middle class

WTF, really? No idea how.

JonathanEx's gave me

You're part of the squeezed middle

I'm so confused right now, I don't know what I am anymore.

SKINNER!

Banned
Boik.

http://jonathancresswell.co.uk/dailymail/

If you guys could give it a test runthrough, tell me where the jokes are shittest and need changing or stuff that could go in, lemmie know.

"An immigrant The new couple who moved in to the street"

"Think of the children"

"You're part of the squeezed middle

They're really not doing enough to help us, are they? Typical. (tut)"

Brilliant! Absolutely brilliant!

Because I only use this thread to talk about dick and shamelessly self-promote -

Parachute for Gordo - A Hog in the Trough (official cunting video)

Here's a video that I made, mostly due to the dilligent hard work of the folks over in the funny pictures thread and also because Internet Explorer is a piece of shit, without which the genesis of this video would never have happened.

Contains: cat balls and lurid faces. Does not contain - my face. Does contain - an image of the house where I lost my virginity.

Also, glans.

Tagged for watching after work. Better be a subtle BritGAF reference in it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom