• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Haha sorry, I'll grab the bass on tuesday?
Yeah, she seemed drunk when demanding the jager, I assumed you wouldn't be the only one not up for loud music in a small room today

If you're ever demanding jäger then you most definitely are quite drunk. And yes, not entirely upset at the prospect of a day off :)

Way looking forward to seeing pics from last night
I'm saving a special folder for the Silk Spectre lmao

noffles

Banned
I'm in the fancier rooms at uni. It's an absolute tip at the moment, but I want to clean it up so I can use it as a social base for the next couple of months instead of having to go into someone else's flat.

Also, here is the lovely television I rock while at home:

c4enWqR.jpg

At uni I've just got a monitor and speakers.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I need a new tele. Of course every GAF thread result in people recommending 50" Panasonic Plasmas, but I just want a 32" one so that's not an option. Went to the Grand Design expo and they had some Finnish company on show called Finlux that seemed to be a fair price but apparently their image setting controls are a bit naff.

I'm in the fancier rooms at uni. It's an absolute tip at the moment, but I want to clean it up so I can use it as a social base for the next couple of months instead of having to go into someone else's flat.

Also, here is the lovely television I rock while at home:

c4enWqR.jpg

At uni I've just got a monitor and speakers.

Fancy rooms ftw. Even if it does cost a fortune. Is that TV a toshiba? Looks exactly like mine from the angle.

After finishing Uncharted 3 on hard, I've moved onto Red Faction Guerrilla. Fucking awesome game- ostrich hammer, knocking down buildings, plowing cars into them, explosives, shitty plot, open world. It's all there, plus playing on easy means I can survive crazy odds. If they added the building destruction into Just Cause 3 I'd weep with joy.

f0rk

I'm in a fancy room as well and it looks exactly like Coldman's photo except we get a pinboard on the wall.

I need a new tele. Of course every GAF thread result in people recommending 50" Panasonic Plasmas, but I just want a 32" one so that's not an option. Went to the Grand Design expo and they had some Finnish company on show called Finlux that seemed to be a fair price but apparently their image setting controls are a bit naff.

http://thewirecutter.com/leaderboard/tvs/
Get that Samsung I guess. Just discovered that website it looks very good, straight recommendations instead of the endless list of mostly irrelevant problems with every model that you get on forums.

no angel

I think I'm slightly late here but my wife and I had major issues with our electricity bill when we moved house. We spent ages on the phone to southern electric but they were adamant the bills were correct. After some lengthy investigation on our part we found out they had been reading our meter incorrectly for about 2 years and managed to get a substantial refund from them. If we'd sat back and just accepted their word we'd still be paying over the odds today. If you like I can go through our correspondence and find out exactly what was wrong, you may be having the same problem we did.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
How much is an expensive hall room

Also my housemate is going a way on the weekend... Not sure whether I should stay in and enjoy the solitude or go back home to see the fam..what say you GAF?

Rubbish King

managed to move my steam folder and only Spec Ops The line suffered..

Not bad i guess, atleast i dont have to shit up my SSD with shit like CS:S and fallout NV that require no effort to run..

MORNING GAF

Did Cucumber Humpetbiscuit enjoy Cornwall?

Indeed he did!
Kinda wishing I chose Cucumber Humpetbiscuit as my screen name though

I've been incommunicado all weekend because on the drive down I realised the ON/OFF button on my iphone is stuck in, rendering it inoperable. I turned it off to save battery (jailbroken, so turned it off with SBSettings), but then realised I had no way of turning it back on! Oops.

I guess it was nice to 'get away from it all' and not have emails pinging in my inbox during a camping trip*. But there was a definite downside in that I was also planning on using my phone as my camera. Damn. Well, I had said to IamMikeside that I would post pics so I dutifully took pics using my ipad. I had an urge to explain the situation to anyone witnessing this and tell them that I'm not one of those bell-ends that normally takes photos using an ipad.

I hope my sacrifice was worth it.

*this is a lie. I missed the internet so, so much.

Rubbish King

You should totally change your GAF name

I missed your presence in this thread as I didn't learn a new word for days...
But now you're back you already have ^_^ "incommunicado"

9 PHOTOS?!

Commeee onnn

Tbh they dont interest me... It looks the same as Devon..

You should totally change your GAF name

I missed your presence in this thread as I didn't learn a new word for days...
But now you're back you already have ^_^ "incommunicado"

9 PHOTOS?!

Commeee onnn

Tbh they dont interest me... It looks the same as Devon..

Hey man, taking photos with an ipad is, like, super embarrassing. You're lucky you got anything! Plus that panorama is made of 7 photos, I think they should count separately.

EDIT:

And the ON/OFF button on my iphone is still stuck down. If anyone knows how to fix this please tell me. It's hugely frustrating.

Rubbish King

why werent the rest of us invited?
Because we dont know Jeds wife

Hey man, taking photos with an ipad is, like, super embarrassing. You're lucky you got anything! Plus that panorama is made of 7 photos, I think they should count separately.

EDIT:

And the ON/OFF button on my iphone is still stuck down. If anyone knows how to fix this please tell me. It's hugely frustrating.

No idea, plug it in to yur laptop

and no they dont count separately for shit :p

I bet you would.

Infinite has surprisingly enjoyable combat. That feel when the upgrade machines have nothing for the shotgun. :(

(also that feel when you enter the spoiler thread by accident, I got lucky there)

I finally got around to playing the demo for Injustice yesterday. Really, really looking forward to this game, I think it gawn be gud.

Hey guys, I've not been around much this weekend as I've been making 'ooh' and 'ahh' sounds at my PC.

I have a potentially very dumb question, is it ok to put my monitor to sleep on an overclocked system?

SKINNER!

Banned
Just completed Bioshock Infinite and thank fuck that it wasn't spoiled for me. Last hour of the game moved me...

Also, Big shout out to Sir Hamish for hanging out at Walkabout for a couple of hours yesterday. Genuinely great guy and I've put in a good word for Britgaf so he might post here.

Rubbish King

Just went for a nice run, already seeing a vast improvement on my lungs, quitting smoking was an awesome fucking decision. 29 days without a cigarette and if you discount the pack i had at the meetup it's almost been two months

LIKE A MOTHERFUCKING BOSS
he hasn't given a chance yet. i'd love to meet his wife
You sick bastard.
Infinite has surprisingly enjoyable combat. That feel when the upgrade machines have nothing for the shotgun. :(

(also that feel when you enter the spoiler thread by accident, I got lucky there)
It can be upgraded, not all upgrade machines have the same upgrades, it's weird, i used a revolver(hand cannon) for pretty much the entire game, it was a piss take to find upgrades for it
Hey guys, I've not been around much this weekend as I've been making 'ooh' and 'ahh' sounds at my PC.

I have a potentially very dumb question, is it ok to put my monitor to sleep on an overclocked system?
What do you think is going to happen...? :p
Just completed Bioshock Infinite and thank fuck that it wasn't spoiled for me. Last hour of the game moved me...

Also, Big shout out to Sir Hamish for hanging out at Walkabout for a couple of hours yesterday. Genuinely great guy and I've put in a good word for Britgaf so he might post here.
how was the meetup?
I finally got around to playing the demo for Injustice yesterday. Really, really looking forward to this game, I think it gawn be gud.
Musha, leaving the band out of it, what do you think of the riff in this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT7EcNHovJ8

Rubbish King

That Nickelback song has a meaty riff thats fucking crazy fun to play, dismiss it if you want

tumblr_ly0d3aamMv1r6w575o1_500.gif

It has to move quick so we can get away from the times Tashbrooke posts Nickelback songs
Fuck you.
Tasha Brooke, your beardy avatar won't hide your dazzling femininity.
Fuck you.
That it'd explode and I'd then get in the fetal position and cry.

Tash, is there a way on Bioshock Infinite to enable subtitles for the tapes? Reading transcripts just isn't cutting it.
Why would you not want the monitor on doe? Leaving it to download shit? I leave my pc on overnight sometimes and on certain programs you can set it to turn off after downloads have finished, although ive never used the feature..
Have you downloaded bf3 btw?

and I dont think so...just listen to them when you pick them up?
I bet, got banned once for a month, fucking sucked dude.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Didn't realise how much time GAF sucks up. I kept coming here out of habit.

1. Read some other site.
  2. 'Better check whats on GAF'.
  3. See banned notice.
  4. Shit!
  5. Go to step 1.

Why would you not want the monitor on doe? Leaving it to download shit? I leave my pc on overnight sometimes and on certain programs you can set it to turn off after downloads have finished, although ive never used the feature..
Have you downloaded bf3 btw?

and I dont think so...just listen to them when you pick them up?

I'll just tell the monitor to go to sleep if the system is idle for ten minutes.

Yeah I have BF3 and the premium content, downloading it all was a PITA.

I struggle to hear anything on the tapes and going to the transcripts kinda ruins the immersion.

anyone watched catchphrase? new dude is nowhere near as good as roy walker. but still.

fucking love catchphrase.
Surprisingly passable. Stephen was a bit nothing of note, but enjoyable and play-a-long-able as you'd hope. Good for a dead time on Sunday for telly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom