• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Nickelback song has a meaty riff thats fucking crazy fun to play, dismiss it if you want

tumblr_ly0d3aamMv1r6w575o1_500.gif

Better riff.

Dinosaur Pile-Up are badass.

Jordan

I was scared to post originally, always thinking the smallest of shit would get me banned. Still posts are very minimal and mainly in this thread

Chinner

Banned
That and your a junior (who has a lot of posts....) so a ban would = perma.

Chinner, when you leaving this great sunny island and traveling east?

leaving on the 18th at like 3 am in the morning bro. gonna be emotional wont be able to reply to posts at the same time:(

SKINNER!

Banned
how was the meetup?

Lots of folk couldn't make it so it ended up being more of a bro date (only 1 person showed up) instead of a huge meetup. It was still good overall because we mostly talked about video games, TV shows, travelling stories and rippin' on other Gaf users (Came to the unanimousl decision that Kentpaul was awesome and Amirox was a twat). But yeah I had fun and a great way to waste a few hours. We stayed until around 7ish and then I met up with a friend from work and had the lousiest, tasteless calzone ever. Never going back to Zizzi's again.

Before I headed up to the meetup, I had a quick lunch at my local cafe and spoke to this Canadian girl behind the 'till that was being deported within 2 week or something. Kinda felt bad for her because she loved living in Glasgow :/

EDIT: Also, while we're on the subject of guitar riffs. Might as well share this old add video.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Lots of folk couldn't make it so it ended up being more of a bro date (only 1 person showed up) instead of a huge meetup. It was still good overall because we mostly talked about video games, TV shows, travelling stories and rippin' on other Gaf users (Came to the unanimousl decision that Kentpaul was awesome and Amirox was a twat). But yeah I had fun and a great way to waste a few hours. We stayed until around 7ish and then I met up with a friend from work and had the lousiest, tasteless calzone ever. Never going back to Zizzi's again.

Before I headed up to the meetup, I had a quick lunch at my local cafe and spoke to this Canadian girl behind the 'till that was being deported within 2 week or something. Kinda felt bad for her because she loved living in Glasgow :/

Yeah, Kentpaul is a cool fella. Did you discuss BritGAF regulars?

Losers for bailin' mang, meetups are great, they're a really cool way to make friends.

EDIT:Watching guitar riff vid now :)

Didnt watch all of it(Skipped through the middle) But that was fucking rad, actually gave me some cool songs to learn props to him playing Reptilia by the strokes...Fucking great song to play

SKINNER!

Banned
Did you discuss BritGAF regulars?

He didn't know about Britgaf as he hardly ever ventures into the community forum so we mostly just talked about huge Gaf threads like Evilore's travel log, that dude who flew on a plane to meet a girl from a dating site and how weird the "Pics that make you laugh" thread is with Aguirre. Aside from Kentpaul, only Chinner (Zelda Willaims thread) and Cheezmo were mentioned with him being credited for being a really good political poster.

and nah, they ain't losers for bailin'. Most contacted saying they had to work or exams were coming so it's understandable. These things happen. Once the decent weather kicks in then we'll set another one up and see how it goes :)

The guitar riffs vid makes for good background noise I find.

Rubbish King

I wish I had a memorable skill that contributed to the forum -_-

Or a legendary thread

one day I will make GAF history, not today though

Musha, leaving the band out of it, what do you think of the riff in this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT7EcNHovJ8

Bland, boring, and OMG is that fucking Nickelback??? Dude, wtf?

anyone watched catchphrase? new dude is nowhere near as good as roy walker. but still.

fucking love catchphrase.

No. I caught a bit of it and I really don't like the new graphics. Used to love old Catchphrase.

I've never been banned, because I'm a good boy.

No but you are perma-juniored though ;)

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Some goody-goodies in here. Looks like I'm the only one keeping it real yo.

yWWlIgl.gif

Morning GAF!

One of those dismal days today. Accountants and Dentists - plus it is cloudy.

Ah, the smell of a new financial year. Did you book the dentist on the same day to aggregate all the misery in one place?

Cool photos - looks like a nice area for it.
Had a good time?

Yeah, it was alright. It was a bit perturbing when the first things the old couple running the campsite said we're "Ooh, you're hardy souls", and "put your tent anywhere, there's no one else here". As you can see from the panorama, we had complete free run of the place.

Fri evening in Newquay was a bit miserable. It was grey and windy, and I thought Newquay was going to be a fun seaside town but it just seemed a bit...grubby. I dunno, maybe it's because we were there out of season.

The Saturday was well better, the sun was shining. Got some quality beach time in on Crantock beach, then spent the afternoon in Padstow which is way more more picturesque than Newquay. Had some Rattler, had some Korev. Barbecue and Glenlivet in the evening. Pretty good!

It was flipping cold at night though, really makes you appreciate sleeping in a building. Buildings are ace.

EDIT:

I bought some fudge in Padstow, so I should be popular in the office today :)

Chinner

Banned
Question: is it the school holiday for kids right now?

Nice! Im jealous.

Did you line up a teaching gig already?

short answer: no

long answer: if were going to any other country to teach (south korea, taiwan, europe, japan etc) then you would normally go through a recruiter and then get a job sorted before you go. however in thailand they only really recruit from within, so the routine is going to be to get there, find a job and then sort out the apartment. basically a lot is happening in that first month.

noffles

Banned
I have to remember to buy food when I'm back at uni this afternoon, otherwise there will be a problem with me being unfed.

cba though

SKINNER!

Banned
This is just so freakin' cool.

Bioshock Infinite related: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aH4o-VblLg&list=PLsJs8eSUgOjFIgwvMK0djgL55RHhNlRzu

No major story spoilers but folk who have yet to play the game and don't even want the little insignificant things spoiled should probably stay away from the link.

I love each and every one of these covers. Such a shame that it wasn't included in the official soundtrack. Never even knew that Shiny Happy People was covered.

long answer: if were going to any other country to teach (south korea, taiwan, europe, japan etc) then you would normally go through a recruiter and then get a job sorted before you go. however in thailand they only really recruit from within, so the routine is going to be to get there, find a job and then sort out the apartment. basically a lot is happening in that first month.

Sounds pretty cool. How long do you have to look for a job once you arrive? Suppose if you got plenty of time then you should take the first week and do some sightseeing and stuff.

Also, school holidays you say Dave? This explains why the roads are dead this morning.

noffles

Banned
This is just so freakin' cool.

Bioshock Infinite related: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aH4o-VblLg&list=PLsJs8eSUgOjFIgwvMK0djgL55RHhNlRzu

No major story spoilers but folk who have yet to play the game and don't even want the little insignificant things spoiled should probably stay away from the link.

I love each and every one of these covers. Such a shame that it wasn't included in the official soundtrack. Never even knew that Shiny Happy People was covered.

Tears for Fears was the best one.

Rubbish King

Hey guys,

I'm learning french right now and it's annoying how much i have forgotten

chinner will you still post in BritGAF when you live there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom