• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Girls Just Wanna Have Fun being played at the beach took me by surprise. Spent a few minutes listening to it making sure it was the Cyndi Lauper song. Thought I'd went crazy.

Haha, there was that one too. It was masked well in the kind of style they were playing it.

Hystzen

not sure if its BT or something wrong with router.

I keep having a day where neogaf won't load and it's only website that won't load everything else is fine.

back to vets later to pick up medicine and listen about his new diet he need but he is getting some steroids so at least he will be able to lift soon

SKINNER!

Banned
So how many of BritGAF are musicians?

*Raises hand*
9LtNXrq.jpg

Darren870

Question: is it the school holiday for kids right now?

short answer: no

long answer: if were going to any other country to teach (south korea, taiwan, europe, japan etc) then you would normally go through a recruiter and then get a job sorted before you go. however in thailand they only really recruit from within, so the routine is going to be to get there, find a job and then sort out the apartment. basically a lot is happening in that first month.

Ahh cool.

Make sure you get some Muay Thai training there, get ripped to shreds.

SKINNER!

Banned
show me your weapon!

Nothing special really. Heavy/cheap bass guitar my father bought for me back in 2000 when I started taking lessons at high school. I've been meaning to get rid of it and get a saucy Ibanez but, since it isn't played publicly/with a band, getting a new bass guitar is incredibly low on my buy list. Interestingly, it is missing a fret and bending strings on a bass for high notes is a little tricky. Do love messing with the digital FX pedal.

EDIT: Fender lead cable (not to mention the countless picks) "borrowed" from music department in high school.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
20 minutes to get to job centre... Aww shit
Somebody teach me guitar

Edit: and piano
I accept paypal

I can play guitar hero on expert, but that's about it.

I would love to be able to play a guitar
Do it! It'll kill hours of boredom :D

Nothing special really. Heavy/cheap bass guitar my father bought for me back in 2000 when I started taking lessons at high school. I've been meaning to get rid of it and get a saucy Ibanez but, since it isn't played publicly/with a band, getting a new bass guitar is incredibly low on my buy list. Interestingly, it is messing a fret and bending strings on a bass is quite for high notes is a little tricky. Do love messing with the digital FX pedal.

EDIT: Fender lead cable (not to mention the countless picks) "borrowed" from music department in high school.
Nice.. My p bass deads some love.. And new strings, do you slap?
Thanks noff, I was about to rip into him for forgetting me.

I can teach you piano.
hehe.... My bad ^^

I can play a mean ass cowbell.
I bet you do.. I figured you for a drummer after your performance in the German beer bar

Buy Wii Music. Impressing gals with a guitar is so last century. Playing Sukiyaki with cats and dogs is where it's at now.
I can confirm that this is indeed false.

Jordan

20 minutes to get to job centre... Aww shit I accept paypal

Do it! It'll kill hours of boredom :D

hehe.... My bad ^^

I bet you do.. I figured you for a drummer after your performance in the German beer bar

Where do you live, you can teach :p

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Taking from experience.

What performance? I don't remember, lol. Nah, I kinda wish I got into drums, but never did. The only thing musical I've ever done was choir all the way to my first year of uni.
I was in the choir at secondary school but didn't continue in uni. Mother wants me to now join a local choir group but I'm too embarrassed to do it now. Haven't sung in years (apart from shower ballads) so I'm going to be so rusty.

SKINNER!

Banned

Yes, self-taught though as my bass guitar teacher was more into teaching me slow-paced jazz/blues pieces instead of funky stuff. He did teach me fret-tapping (which I've never played/use since I stopped taking his lessons) so he wasn't too bad.

Guitarist of...approaching 10 years I think? Not as good as a lot of people with that much experience though, since I mostly play punx shizzle. Which isn't the most technically demanding music.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I probably should pick up an instrument again. Got tired of piano lessons though which put a big dampener on things.

I was in the choir at secondary school but didn't continue in uni. Mother wants me to now join a local choir group but I'm too embarrassed to do it now. Haven't sung in years (apart from shower ballads) so I'm going to be so rusty.

Gotta get that weekly karaoke going on man. Or Rock Band.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
I thought I was seeing a careers advisor, what I was actually doing was willingly taking part in a fucking Spanish inquisition

PJV3

I keep meanin to get involved with your BritGaffers, maybe this new thread will make me do it.

Where do you live: Whiteley (in between Portsmouth/Southampton)
Where are you from: Pompey
University: Southampton
Favourite Sport: football
Political party of choice: n/a
Favourite thing on the box: if you base it on time spent watching it, Emmerdale. (blame my wife). Quite enjoying Vegas at the mo as well.
Favourite crisp flavour: Do parsnip crisps count? Otherwise I'd have to go with salt and vinegar kettle chips.
Favourite biscuit: Fox's Viennese Melts
Favourite Pokemon POST 151: I don't know pokemans. Is there one based on a sealion? If so that one.
Beano or Dandy: beano defo.

What the fuck is going on in Portsmouth, is neogaf mandatory?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom