• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKINNER!

Banned
So the entire cleaning department got shouted at today for poor efficiency...

After my boss was done going mad at the regulars...they left and it was just me and the other two who have just started...

he went fucking mental

My efficiency yesterday was only just over 1.1 rooms an hour which sucks, although i was the highest of all three of us... He just went crazy...luckily all but one room today were stay-ins (you just have to clean around the customers stuff, doesnt require as much effort as departures)
Horrendous management right there. I'm no expert at being a manager but from my experience working I found the ones that calmly (but firmly) discipline/lecture their workers got a lot further in changing work behaviour than the staff sergeant twats who just shout their lungs off and try to act tough.

Thinking about getting Bioshock Inifinte, or maybe just waiting until they release a version with all the DLC.

If you aren't hyped up about it then wait for the Game of the Year edition. Otherwise, go right now and pick it up.

So, I ended up getting Rocksmith and a friend of mine has given me an electric guitar (result) - My fingers already hurt but the game is pretty awesome. I really badly suck at it at the moment but I expected that!

Really want to try it again and learn some tracks. Spent most of last night learning new songs to play on songsterr.com
What's strange is that songs I'd usually go "pfft, I can't play that!" 5 years ago are somewhat easier to play today.

Hmm, dont know. He called me first when my mom divorced him. We aren't that close, obv we live in diff countries but I tend to see him at least twice a year and talk to him every month or so.

When we do talk we don't talk about anything really meaningful, he doesn't know how to connect to anyone or bond with people.

I guess I am surprised, I am surprised there is already a date (July). It means its been in the works for a while. It is kinda weird, and I feel bad for my dad. A lot of his friends don't like her and he lost a lot of his long friends because of it.

Thinking about it I thought I noticed a ring when I went home for xmas, but I didn't think much of it. Maybe I am confusing it with someone else, can't really remember.

Meh

yeah Darren, acting surprised when you get told is probably the safest thing to do and goes around the "omg! Why didn't you tell me!" drama that might crop up if you start digging deeper into it.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Yikes. Everyone is so nice to me where I work which is why I'm a bit reluctant to move on even though I know I should.

Well you don't want to get on bad terms with the IT guy.

noffles

Banned
Yikes. Everyone is so nice to me where I work which is why I'm a bit reluctant to move on even though I know I should.

So, you'd exercise vengeful action if given the opportunity? Or are you saying they're scared of you?

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Horrendous management right there. I'm no expert at being a manager but from my experience working I found the ones that calmly (but firmly) discipline/lecture their workers go a lot further in changing work behaviour than the staff sergeant twats who just shout their lungs off and try to act tough.
Sorry he didnt go as crazy as i made out, but i think he went too far..The regulars are all saying it's crazy to put our goals at the same as the people who have been working as cleaners for years..
Later on he came into the room I was cleaning and kinda spoke more chilled out about it, told me what I was doing wrong..

I was pretty defensive to be fair, i mean come on, when you're being shouted at for going to slow when you were trying your hardest..yet it is not good enough...

How cant you be a little upset about that

Can you get me a job thankyou in advance

Chinner

Banned
so got my laptop (naming it iammikeside because he helped me pick it) but Windows 8 is terrible. like really terrible. I need to install 7 again. it will save me.

noffles

Banned
Deciding to watch Spaced while I clean up was a bad idea. Now I'm just going to end up sitting here all day watching Spaced.

Jordan

I used Windows 8 for about 4/5 months on a work laptop and I didn't have any problems with it, sure it has a pointless front end but I never had any issues with it.

When I build my new computer I am going to install 8 onto it.

So, I want to study medicine, preferably in the Netherlands (since I'm Dutch), but because there's a small chance I'll be admitted anywhere here (because so many people want to do it, and there's only a 25% chance I'll get in).

So how does studying medicines in the UK work? Is it like in the US, where you have to go to college for 4 years before you can get into medicine school, or is there a specific education for it? I can't find a lot of information about it on the web, so that's why I hope you guys can give me some info.

siddhu33

So, I want to study medicine, preferably in the Netherlands (since I'm Dutch), but because there's a small chance I'll be admitted anywhere here (because so many people want to do it, and there's only a 25% chance I'll get in).

So how does studying medicines in the UK work? Is it like in the US, where you have to go to college for 4 years before you can get into medicine school, or is there a specific education for it? I can't find a lot of information about it on the web, so that's why I hope you guys can give me some info.

Medicine is a separate degree, which lasts 6 years. 3 years of pre-clinical work which is then followed by 3 years of clinical work. Results in an MBBS qualification at the end.

It's also ridiculously hard to get in to medicine in the UK as well.

I'm glad I didn't read PC Zone or whatever back in the day, because Brooker talks rubbish about video games constantly. It's like, what's the subject, oh, video gam- *stream of diarrhoea erupts from Brooker's mouth*

SKINNER!

Banned
Deciding to watch Spaced while I clean up was a bad idea. Now I'm just going to end up sitting here all day watching Spaced.

ha! love it when that happens. Used to do the exact same when I was writing up my dissertations.

Can't wait!

btw f0rk, are you attending any of Kendrick Lamar's gigs in July? I was thinking about going to either the Manchester or Leeds one if tickets are still available and I happen to have some money for a hotel.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
I'm glad I didn't read PC Zone or whatever back in the day, because Brooker talks rubbish about video games constantly. It's like, what's the subject, oh, video gam- *stream of diarrhoea erupts from Brooker's mouth*

He talks shite about everything. Cannot understand the love he gets.

Medicine is a separate degree, which lasts 6 years. 3 years of pre-clinical work which is then followed by 3 years of clinical work. Results in an MBBS qualification at the end.

It's also ridiculously hard to get in to medicine in the UK as well.

So you could apply for it with a high school diploma? Any sites you could give me that have more info?

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm should I go out to tonight to get pissed at a bar and then go to the night club after (by myself of course, it doesn't bother me as I can easily talk to people or vis versa)? I am in the mood for it though, I have that itch after listening to Daft Punks' get Lucky remix. Decisions decisions...

siddhu33

Hmm should I go out to tonight to get pissed at a bar and then go to the night club after (by myself of course, it doesn't bother me as I can easily talk to people or vis versa)? I am in the mood for it though, I have that itch after listening to Daft Punks' get Lucky remix. Decisions decisions...

If you have money, why not?

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
If you have money, why not?

Money's not a problem but I've been slightly hesitant and choosing this year since a lot of the time I replaced the opportunities with studying and working my ass off but I've done most of it now but last year I must have wasted like £700 when I went out a lot constantly :lol: Sure, there's no harm I guess doing it since I've only been out four times this year.

My boss always sends me home early (when it's quiet so they can save on paying me), never has enough time to yell at me for things ¬.¬

EDIT: I just remembered that bitch left! Muhaha!

Rubbish King

So I have the house to myself this weekend and the only advantage to this so far is having the freedom to have a wank with the sound ON

Living the life

My boss always sends me home early (when it's quiet so they can save on paying me), never has enough time to yell at me for things ¬.¬

EDIT: I just remembered that bitch left! Muhaha!

What do you do?

What do you do?

I'm a bus boy/drinks runner at a restaurant, part-time. Never moved up to waiter, because you have to follow really strict rules and if you don't do it right you get bollocked. I just sort of clean tables and run drinks in the background, nobody pays much heed to me, and I prefer it that way. It's lousy, low-paid work, but that plus the money my parents give me is enough to get by at university. Really need to find a summer job back home though, preferably bar-work.

SKINNER!

Banned
Money's not a problem but I've been slightly hesitant and choosing this year since a lot of the time I replaced the opportunities with studying and working my ass off but I've done most of it now but last year I must have wasted like £700 when I went out a lot constantly :lol: Sure, there's no harm I guess doing it since I've only been out four times this year.

Nah man, go out and enjoy yourself. beats staying in and doing nothing right? :)

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Nah man, go out and enjoy yourself. beats staying in and doing nothing right? :)

That's true :p Plus I've got Sunday and Monday afternoon for my final preparations for my face to face interview on Tuesday and I've already done every single part that was needed to make sure I nail it. I will go out this night confirmed it is :D

Rubbish King

When I was 16 I was so dead set at being on the armed forces, I loved everything about cadets but it always felt like it wasnt real enough for me, I always wanted more

I think I'm having thoughts about looking into a career there...I'm so sick of not doing anything with myself and honestly the only reason I didn't pursue it was because my friend got his application to Welbeck College was denied which scared me at the time...

Serious question here GAF.. Has anybody else thought about it? I've always been more into army but the Navy looks like it's better to learn a trade and from the time I have spent on ships I enjoyed it...perhaps I could look into the marines..Although I'd have to really work on my fitness as at the rate I'm going I won't be where I want to be untill September time..

With my friend now in the RAF (queens colour squadron) it's been a growing thought in my mind ever since...

Plus with the economy the way it is, finding a good job is so hard and this is more than a just job, it's a profession and a lifechoice which I respect whole-heartedly

What say you GAF?

I am serious about this, don't think of this as immature teeny tashbrooke talking, this is me being srs

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
When I was 16 I was so dead set at being on the armed forces, I loved everything about cadets but it always felt like it wasnt real enough for me, I always wanted more

I think I'm having thoughts about looking into a career there...I'm so sick of not doing anything with myself and honestly the only reason I didn't pursue it was because my friend got his application to Welbeck College was denied which scared me at the time...

Serious question here GAF.. Has anybody else thought about it? I've always been more into army but the Navy looks like it's better to learn a trade and from the time I have spent on ships I enjoyed it...perhaps I could look into the marines..Although I'd have to really work on my fitness as at the rate I'm going I won't be where I want to be untill September time..

With my friend now in the RAF (queens colour squadron) it's been a growing thought in my mind ever since...

Plus with the economy the way it is, finding a good job is so hard and this is more than a just job, it's a profession and a lifechoice which I respect whole-heartedly

What say you GAF?

I am serious about this, don't think of this as immature teeny tashbrooke talking, this is me being srs

I almost joined the Army when I was 17-18 but got an IT technician position and was happy with my career at the time then and also thought about it again last year, either being the RAF or military police. I have thought about this as an end option if I couldn't return back to Kent in the next year and reset my life as it were considering my personal situation but if you are happy on working your ass off initially and have the right attitude for it then by means think about it since it's a good choice and very beneficial in many ways (qualifications and training, experience, self-improvement, broadening your views, etc)

Rubbish King

I think I'm going to do it guys

This is the feeling I got when I decided I was going to move out

A kinda certainty with the details not yet written in stone

Darren870

I think I'm going to do it guys

This is the feeling I got when I decided I was going to move out

A kinda certainty with the details not yet written in stone

You probably need to. You seem like someone that has no direction and can't focus on something with out help from others or learning from someone.

Not being mean, but if you haven't picked up a trade and aren't trying to now its only going to get harder....

Rubbish King

You probably need to. You seem like someone that has no direction and can't focus on something with out help from others or learning from someone.

Not being mean, but if you haven't picked up a trade and aren't trying to now its only going to get harder....

It's actually good to read that, it kinda confirms those thoughts I wouldn't want to adress, whatever I do I have to concentrate more on getting fit..because there are fitness tests I cant pass right now...

Darren870

It's actually good to read that, it kinda confirms those thoughts I wouldn't want to adress, whatever I do I have to concentrate more on getting fit..because there are fitness tests I cant pass right now...

I mean at your age I had no direction either. However, I went into Uni and that seemed to have paved some path for me. What do you want to do with your life? Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Why didn't you go to Uni?

I'd probably say you shouldn't do it Tash. I mean, I don't know you but this

I was pretty defensive to be fair, i mean come on, when you're being shouted at for going to slow when you were trying your hardest..yet it is not good enough...

How cant you be a little upset about that

was just further up the page. I'm guessing you will get shouted at for going slow in the armed forces. If that upsets you, it's probably not for you.

I'm no expert though, and I've got no experience with the armed forces. I just saw Full Metal Jacket one time.

Rubbish King

I mean at your age I had no direction either. However, I went into Uni and that seemed to have paved some path for me. What do you want to do with your life? Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Why didn't you go to Uni?

I don't know what I want to do, I've never really wanted anything that badly, the only other industry I've wanted to work in is Music, but I don't think I can be such a tool, I'm not bigheaded or competitive enough, it's too bitchy.

I don't know where I see myself in a year let alone ten! There of plenty of things I'd LIKE to do but I don't care I don't do them either..

I think I'm gonna go talk to a careers advisor, and maybe my housemate, I might propose that if I do get fired or I simply cant take this job, I'll cease to look for work and concentrate only on getting ready for the entry fitness test

I'd probably say you shouldn't do it Tash. I mean, I don't know you but this

was just further up the page. I'm guessing you will get shouted at for going slow in the armed forces. If that upsets you, it's probably not for you.

I'm no expert though, and I've got no experience with the armed forces. I just saw Full Metal Jacket one time.
It's not the same bro

Darren870

I don't know what I want to do, I've never really wanted anything that badly, the only other industry I've wanted to work in is Music, but I don't think I can be such a tool, I'm not bigheaded or competitive enough, it's too bitchy.

I don't know where I see myself in a year let alone ten! There of plenty of things I'd LIKE to do but I don't care I don't do them either..

I think I'm gonna go talk to a careers advisor, and maybe my housemate, I might propose that if I do get fired or I simply cant take this job, I'll cease to look for work and concentrate only on getting ready for the entry fitness test

What do your parents do?

Heading down from Boro to Leeds now. Where did the sun go? :(

Chinner! If you happen to swing by Wharf Central tonight, look for a bald Asian dude with a Space Mountain tee. I'll grab ya a drink. :)

I say do it!

Rubbish King

Why is doctor who not as good as it was

This writing seems very off so far this series

Jenna Louise Colemans character is nowhere near as good as in the asylum of the daleks.... Seems so diluted, even Matt Smith seems a bit off..

yep, went there for a lecture when I got caught speeding

never stayed there though, was just in one of the conference rooms

Oh right, I dont see that side of the hotel although I walked past one on my first day

yep, went there for a lecture when I got caught speeding

never stayed there though, was just in one of the conference rooms

Those lectures suck. I had to attend one (I think they're called "Speed Awareness Seminars") a few years ago. The worst bit was at the end where we had to go round each person in the group and say what we'd learned. Ugh, I felt like I was at some born-again Christian group, all sat around saying how we'd found Jesus or something.

I said I'd learned that the speed limit was an upper limit, not a lower limit. I still cringe when I think about it.

daviyoung

Banned
I can't remember exactly what I said to that. I think something about street lighting indicating the speed limit. Best part was talking to others during the break and finding out most of us got caught on the same camera.

It was ok, at least we didn't have to do introductions or anything. Was just a half day off work. Definitely beats points + fine.

Rubbish King

My mum got fucking pwned at one of those, tried to complain about boy racers and shit.

The lady said something along the lines of "Well do you see any boy racers here?"

Fucking hilarious if you know my mother

I can't remember exactly what I said to that. I think something about street lighting indicating the speed limit. Best part was talking to others during the break and finding out most of us got caught on the same camera.

It was ok, at least we didn't have to do introductions or anything. Was just a half day off work. Definitely beats points + fine.

Oh, no arguing on that front! For me this came at a time when my insurance was already sky high due to being young and a man.

I'm glad our group didn't have to do introductions as well, but it's something I could see them doing.

"My names Hubris, and I'm a speedaholic"

"Hi Hubris"

My mum got fucking pwned at one of those, tried to complain about boy racers and shit.

The lady said something along the lines of "Well do you see any boy racers here?"

Fucking hilarious if you know my mother

There was one boy racer in my group (not me). It was mainly old women, interestingly enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom