• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Troll
fish by trailing a baited line along behind a boat

Because you're fishing for a reaction by baiting someone on.

I just use Twitter to look at general views on current events by using the search feature. I don't really post much with my account (which I initially got to stay in contact with someone when they had a brief "I'm not using FaceBook" phase)

Chinner

Banned
When you go to do a fresh Windows 7 install, just delete all the partitions before you actually install & use the unpartitioned space to install. It'll automatically create one large lump & will use that.

am i best doing this from the bios or cna i just do the fresh install from the desktop of winjdows 8?

We need this in the UK...

4XeCmCyl.jpg

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So how much iron does that meal give you?

I've never actually eaten a KFC burger. I just get chicken pieces (regular, spicy, stripy)

8bit

Knows the Score
am i best doing this from the bios or cna i just do the fresh install from the desktop of winjdows 8?

You probably need to start the installer from just after the BIOS/POST, mash your function keys to find one that allows you to select the boot device or set it in BIOS.

We need this in the UK...

4XeCmCyl.jpg

I assume that's High Viscosity Mayonnaise : http://www.theonion.com/articles/new-highviscosity-mayonnaise-to-aid-in-american-sw,480/

onion_news1216_jpg_250x1000_q85.jpg

noffles

Banned
I'm going to make a comment about the media and trolls.

https://twitter.com/richardpbacon - This prick right here made a fucking TV show about trolls, seemingly did absolutely no fucking research, and then it got to the point where I sat through an entire Sociology lesson where I had to watch him spout his bullshit. I sat in that Sociology room after it was finished and told everyone in that room that he was wrong and all I got was.

"He got it onto TV, so how can he be wrong?"

Fuck the media.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
If it's on the TV it must be true.

Problem is, it isn't just the media that mislabels trolls, but the people who act like pricks online as well. By calling it trolling they feel better about their actions because in their mind it's gone from being something in bad taste to a bit of mischief. So they tell the uninformed "jokes on you, I was just trolling lulz".

Yeah, they're pretty rank on their own. But as a gravy vector, they do the job.
I don't think I've had this "legendary" KFC gravy. I just munch them because they are part of the meal. Honestly the chips from the local chicken place are better but it's a toss between "knowing" your chicken is from a good source vs not knowing where the chicken originated from. It's greasy fried chicken at the end of the day, it's bad for you no matter where you buy it from.

noffles

Banned
"Trolling" is just a synonym for "joking" to some people I know. But then again, these are the same people who think shouting out internet memes, rage comics and random humour are the epitome of comic expression. I genuinely don't know why I put up with having the word "madness" followed up by that fucking meme every time I say it, nor do I know why I tolerate the kinds of people who say, "Don't you hate it when people don't know internet jokes?"

It makes me miss when the internet hadn't been properly assimilated into our culture yet.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
"Trolling" is just a synonym for "joking" to some people I know. But then again, these are the same people who think shouting out internet memes, rage comics and random humour are the epitome of comic expression. I genuinely don't know why I put up with having the word "madness" followed up by that fucking meme every time I say it, nor do I know why I tolerate the kinds of people who say, "Don't you hate it when people don't know internet jokes?"

It makes me miss when the internet hadn't been properly assimilated into our culture yet.

How have you not stabbed them yet?

KFC chips make me miss McDonald's chips. And they make me miss Burger King chips. Oh my god Burger King. Buuuuurger King <3

I might get the train into Birmingham this week solely because there's a BUUUURGER KING at the station.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

I'm glad my friends are old, none of them talk in memes. Well one does, but he's nerdy and they're all XKCD jokes.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
KFC is the devil. The one fast food joint I won't even entertain. As a nipper I remember going to some kids birthday party and getting sick off their fried magpie or whatever the fuck that hell-bird meat was.

Wish Britain had more third party fast food joints to pick from like America and Canada. A&W's was fucking amazing when I was over there last year :(

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
KFC chips make me miss McDonald's chips. And they make me miss Burger King chips. Oh my god Burger King. Buuuuurger King <3

I might get the train into Birmingham this week solely because there's a BUUUURGER KING at the station.

They fucking changed BK chips as well. Cunts.

BK chips were the best thing in the world ever. At least the new ones aren't straight up bad like KFC's new ones.

noffles

Banned
I'm glad my friends are old, none of them talk in memes. Well one does, but he's nerdy and they're all XKCD jokes.

XKCD jokes are actually intelligent though. The quality of memes nowadays goes from grumpy looking cats to a picture of a person with text around their head.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Is Burger King still doing that daily deal menu where the double bacon cheese burger is cheap on a Friday? I went into one for the first time in ages because of that. It's the only burger I like. Fine the Whoppers far too big. It's why I stick with McDs (or make one at home).

Of course I have to be fully aware not to end up in the mindset of "I'm more Internet smart" because that's just being king of the losers. But really, people need to learn the hard lesson that not everyone is a comedian so stop trying to be funny.

P.S. memes are just collective thoughts. Just all hating on "le Reddit" crowd for being meme spouters is a meme.

The best meme thing is still fucking Gorilla Munch. Probably because it can't really be verbalised.

...Well, I guess the jimmies thing can but eh

SmokyDave

Fuck KFC. I like the food but all the premises and staff seem grotty.

Fuck BK for changing their King Fries.

At least I can always rely on Ronald and his Double Sausage & Egg McMuffin.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
At the last BritMeet (uh oh cliquey alert) people were stunned when I said I have never had a McD's breakfast.

I don't eat in KFC. It's purely a take away place.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
BGBBW: I think they do. Bacon double cheeseburger is the only thing I have from BK.

Hate not having one near me. Could murder one right now.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Fast food for me is "travelling food" when I'm at a train station or whatever, and the hunger beckons.

I used to love Burger King, but in recent years my desire to put up with the "MY HANDS ARE FUCKING COVERED IN MAYO SHIT" conundrum is at an all time low. Thus McDonalds quick and easy consumption has been winning the fast food war in my belly. Although I always scowl at the "100% beef!" disclaimers because that shit tastes nothing like any other beef out there.

Bacon rolls are the best McD breakfast because its none of that bizarre half-world sausage patty burger egg block shit.

noffles

Banned
P.S. memes are just collective thoughts. Just all hating on "le Reddit" crowd for being meme spouters is a meme.

Language develops, man. If we all lived off of dictionary definitions, we wouldn't be where we are today. Modern usage of the word meme is pretty much exclusive to these shitty jokes and Metal Gear.

And just for the record, tumblr is worse than reddit.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
I used to always get a 5 piece strips meal at KFC but then they went and changed it and now they're called dippin' strips and you can't get 5 pieces anymore.

Pie and Beans

It made me laugh in MGS4 where people start talking about memes. I thought "Oh look, Kojima learned a new word!"

Kojima is a huge fanboy for this book, and I don't blame him:
bJrQLUY.jpg

even going so far as to make Dawkins an important point on the MGS timeline:
photo3dk2.jpg

Of course memes are now what images with captions are referred to as, not the concept of culture as a DNA.

oh and also:
dafCQec.jpg

MEMES, JACK. NATURE'S MEMES!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I feel like memes were constantly talked about in MGS2.

Then again, I played that game once and have no desire to go back to it.

I might have zoned out, but I don't remember them talking about memes at all in MGS2. Maybe in some of the deeper codec stuff, but I wasn't talking to Rose unless I absolutely had to. Which is funny because I spent hours asking Para-Medic if I could eat stuff in 3.

I might have zoned out, but I don't remember them talking about memes at all in MGS2. Maybe in some of the deeper codec stuff, but I wasn't talking to Rose unless I absolutely had to. Which is funny because I spent hours asking Para-Medic if I could eat stuff in 3.

Yet more proof of MGS3's absolute superiority.

Pie and Beans

Is it a crime that I enjoyed 4 more? 3 was the best 'MGS' style game in the series but 4 was still more fun to play through.

Yes. Punishable by death. Were it not for my chemical addiction to MGO2, MGS4 would have been the greatest disappointment a game I've genuinely looked forward to could deliver. It did of course have better controls though due to western influences. Ground Zeroes should be incredible to have both the controls and proper MGS gameplay on a large open world scale.

But any MGS will never be as pure fun as Revengeance.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
To Kojima's credit, he was using the term meme correctly.

I've still yet to play MGS4 but I still want to play it to finish off the series. Maybe going in with a negative mindset will help much like Raiden wasn't a shock to the system when I played MGS2.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
But at the end of the day they'll have a BA while I have a BSc so I'm the king of the castle and they are the dirty rascal.

Reknoc

How to play MGS3:

Go to a new area

Call Para-medic

Capture an animal/plant

Call Para-medic

Eat the animal/plant

Call Para-medic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom