• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Level 55 in COD for the first time. Thanks to the double XP weekend I went from 32 to 55 since Saturday.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
How to play MGS3:

Go to a new area

Call Para-medic

Capture an animal/plant

Call Para-medic

Eat the animal/plant

Call Para-medic

Yep pretty much! I laughed so hard when she told me not to eat the horse. I woulda if I coulda!

Get in box

Call Signit

I never called sigint once, too much 'black cliche' for my liking. I didn't realise he was the DARPA chief until 4 though, that was neat. I don't think I used a box in that one either. Just hid in the grass a lot and freaked out. Oil drum in 4 was godly though, I thought it was an odd touch that sitting in there would greatly reduce Snake's stress, faster even than smoking would. He just likes sitting the barrel, bless him.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

Mindwipe

Yeah, they're pretty rank on their own. But as a gravy vector, they do the job.

Exactly right.

But, at least in London, all the KFCs always seem to run out of gravy and make me think I should have just gone somewhere else.

Where I'm from, it's like a lottery if you get the good shit or not. The good shit is thick and the awful shit, is runny.

Nothing worse than runny gravy.

Also exactly right.

Yeah, they're pretty rank on their own. But as a gravy vector, they do the job.

Hahaha, pretty much. Terribad fries. In fact, we don't have fries/chips in the US KFCs. It was such a foreign concept to me when I first had KFC here in the UK.

I take that back, we have potato wedges, but those are king in comparison to what UK KFCs have for "fries."

Are we ever getting moved back to Community

Plz say no

Should be a month from thread creation, so...

soon-horse.jpg

This might be the best term I've ever heard

Gravy is serious business! Especially to a northerner.

Where I'm from, it's like a lottery if you get the good shit or not. The good shit is thick and the awful shit, is runny.

Nothing worse than runny gravy.

Trufax. The best gravy is the kind where you can upend the carton and it'll temporarily stand up like a sandcastle.

Exactly right.

But, at least in London, all the KFCs always seem to run out of gravy and make me think I should have just gone somewhere else.

I don't want to descend into a Peter Kay style parody here, but I was genuinely shocked when I went to London and the chippies didn't do gravy. And now KFC too?? What has London got against gravy?

Hahaha, pretty much. Terribad fries. In fact, we don't have fries/chips in the US KFCs. It was such a foreign concept to me when I first had KFC here in the UK.

I take that back, we have potato wedges, but those are king in comparison to what UK KFCs have for "fries."

I went to KFC in America once and they served mash. That's truly bizarre for an Englander.

I don't want to descend into a Peter Kay style parody here, but I was genuinely shocked when I went to London and the chippies didn't do gravy. And now KFC too?? What has London got against gravy?

This is exactly how I felt when I moved to London. First time I went up my local chippy, didn't see it on the menu but thought nothing of it. When I asked for it, they all looked at me like I'd grown an extra head. Still haven't found any chippys anywhere nearby that do gravy. Makes me sad.

SteveWD40

This is exactly how I felt when I moved to London. First time I went up my local chippy, didn't see it on the menu but thought nothing of it. When I asked for it, they all looked at me like I'd grown an extra head. Still haven't found any chippys anywhere nearby that do gravy. Makes me sad.

I am 90% sure the one I went to near St James tube station did Gravy...

The fish and chips were amazing as well.

I went to KFC in America once and they served mash. That's truly bizarre for an Englander.

Yeah it's amazing, mash with thick chicken gravy. Americans have chicken on fucking lock down.

Aren't you Welsh? I thought you'd be all about the curry sauce. Certainly seemed like the chip accompaniment of choice when I lived in Cardiff!

But if you're really jonesing for chip shop gravy in London I did find one (after about a year) on Baker Street called the Sherlock Holmes Chip Shop.

Ok, I promise I'll stop clogging this thread up with gravy now.

SKINNER!

Banned
I got suckered into getting some Kentucky Grilled Chicken while over the in US as the TV adverts made it out to be the most tastiest thing on this planet. Fuck me, it was so shit.

SKINNER!

Banned
You know what the UK needs? a decent ice cream chain. get some Dairy Queen and Cold Stone Creamery up in here. So mind-blowingly tasty.

Bazza

Yeah it's amazing, mash with thick chicken gravy. Americans have chicken on fucking lock down.

They did Gravy and Mash in the KFC i went to in Munich at the start of the month as well.

One KFC i know does not do gravy is the one at Thorpe Park, Its a fucking crime, last time i went i was having great fun on the rides, got to mid day and i wanted a KFC went to order me some gravy to go with it and they said they don't even do it, running out is bad enough but not even offering it is unforgivable.

Fuck KFC. I like the food but all the premises and staff seem grotty.

Fuck BK for changing their King Fries.

At least I can always rely on Ronald and his Double Sausage & Egg McMuffin.

If one is near you try going to an 'Original Peri Peri'. Its as if KFC and Nandos had a baby. Its as awesome as it sounds.

And KFC need to sell buckets of the skin with that coating..... so tasty.

I am 90% sure the one I went to near St James tube station did Gravy...

The fish and chips were amazing as well.

Aren't you Welsh? I thought you'd be all about the curry sauce. Certainly seemed like the chip accompaniment of choice when I lived in Cardiff!

But if you're really jonesing for chip shop gravy in London I did find one (after about a year) on Baker Street called the Sherlock Holmes Chip Shop.

Ok, I promise I'll stop clogging this thread up with gravy now.

They're both pretty close, maybe it's the same one? Still no where near where I live or work but maybe I'll check it out one Saturday.

Yes I'm Welsh, we do like a bit of curry sauce as well but the gravy's where it's at. Every fish and chip shop in Wales does delicious thick gravy. My favourite after a night out was chips cheese and gravy.

Damn I'm hungry now.

Mindwipe

They do gravy, they're just always sold out, especially late at night on the way back from the pub. At no point do they think that queues of people asking for it mean they should make more next time. Then again, it's not unusual for them to run out of chicken. I have no idea how they stay in business tbh.

And there are only three good chippies in the entirety of London anyway. One of them is near Victoria Park, and does do good gravy - http://www.fishouse.co.uk/index.html. And I'm counting the Fishcotheque at Waterloo, even though the food isn't actually very good, just for the name.

I struggle to find any chippies that do gravy even in the Midlands. The closest you get is Chinese chippies or whatever serving with different sauces and whatnot.

Hystzen

Yep pretty much! I laughed so hard when she told me not to eat the horse. I woulda if I coulda!

I never called sigint once, too much 'black cliche' for my liking. I didn't realise he was the DARPA chief until 4 though, that was neat. I don't think I used a box in that one either. Just hid in the grass a lot and freaked out. Oil drum in 4 was godly though, I thought it was an odd touch that sitting in there would greatly reduce Snake's stress, faster even than smoking would. He just likes sitting the barrel, bless him.

He loves his ipod more just chill by a tree holding ipod listen to MGS2 theme and he be fine in no time.

Sigint is interesting when you have the unlock Patriot gun or the cardboard box. he not that bad

MiKeD

Banned
Somebody should make a WC Snooker OT this week. I'd make one but I can't and I want to see if it'll get more than 1 page.

Danj

Can't remember if I already mentioned it on here but on Wednesday I have a job interview for the job that is replacing my current job. I've not heard back from anywhere else I applied to so it looks like I'm going to be staying on with my current employer (assuming the interview goes well of course).

Jordan

Is it friends you just stopped talking to because of never really seeing each other of did you fall out.

If you fell out it might be a pain but if its the former it should be pretty easy if its because you are in a situation where you will be seeing them again. Shouldn't be any hard feelings there to block anything.

Anyway good luck on your job. Hope it all goes well. For a second I thought you had a new job repairing old bridges lol.

Basically, the history of it was - these 'friends' were only messaging me when they wanted something (a lift, me to contact someone, or me organise something) - I was in a bad place at the time, ended up arguing with one and not even bothering with the rest of them and although they were absolute fools when it came to a normal conversation, I do miss the company of them and we had a lot of laughs together. The circle of friends was about 4/5 and just being able to reminisce my past yesterday, I sat there wondering whether I should try to build bridges.

I subtly tweeted one of them completely out of the blue earlier but didn't get a response and she has tweeted a few things since - so I am assuming she doesn't want anything to do with me... She was the stubborn one.

I have another one's mobile number and I've wrote out a few messages out but haven't really felt like it would be a great idea to message them. I don't handle negative reactions at all well and probably wouldn't like the rejection if it came to that.

I mean, I completely deserve that they don't want anything to do with me, but at the time, these were some of my closest friends and I just miss them all.

On a more positive note, the first day went really well - unfortunately, their office is being renovated at the moment, so we are in a portacabin with extremely bad lighting and I have came home with a stinking headache. But other than that, everyone there seems fairly easy going, and easy to get along with. There is a lot of office banter which made me feel more at ease, and for lunch they invited me to the pub so I feel less nervous than what I did yesterday. They've given me a fairly powerful computer to use, with a couple of lovely 22" ViewSonic 1080p monitors.

I think I will settle in well, so all in all a great move.

SteveWD40

They're both pretty close, maybe it's the same one? Still no where near where I live or work but maybe I'll check it out one Saturday.

Yes I'm Welsh, we do like a bit of curry sauce as well but the gravy's where it's at. Every fish and chip shop in Wales does delicious thick gravy. My favourite after a night out was chips cheese and gravy.

Damn I'm hungry now.

Tracked it down, it's The Laughing Halibut, on Strutton Ground (pedestrianised road off Victoria St), now if they don't do gravy shoot me but I thought they did...

Can't remember if I already mentioned it on here but on Wednesday I have a job interview for the job that is replacing my current job. I've not heard back from anywhere else I applied to so it looks like I'm going to be staying on with my current employer (assuming the interview goes well of course).

Good luck! I'm sure it'll go fine though.

Tracked it down, it's The Laughing Halibut, on Strutton Ground (pedestrianised road off Victoria St), now if they don't do gravy shoot me but I thought they did...

Ok cool thanks. I am now compiling a list of chippys to try in London, this has been added.

8bit

Knows the Score
I have, I am on a one man mission to bring them and Five Guys to our fair isle.

I had a burger from Five Guys last year as the mall I was at as it didn't yet have a Chipotle. I was tempted by Chick-Fil-A but I could feel the gay-hatin' super religious vibes emanating from the booth and I thought it might spoil the food.

That was a damned good burger.

Danj

Good luck! I'm sure it'll go fine though.

I'm reasonably confident (touch wood and all that) - because it's one of these things they're doing as they are required to make best efforts to avoid redundancies, the post is currently ring-fenced for the employees who would specifically be affected, so it's only me against one other fellow.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
I'm reasonably confident (touch wood and all that) - because it's one of these things they're doing as they are required to make best efforts to avoid redundancies, the post is currently ring-fenced for the employees who would specifically be affected, so it's only me against one other fellow.

Good luck man! Amusingly I've got a face-to-face interview tomorrow in London and I'm all prepared for it and if all do well I will move onto the final place. The best thing so far is how nice and impressed the women is on the previous stages with me and has given me great advice out of her personal accord for me since of how motivated and eager I am for this position and saying all the right notes. I've been working my ass off and it's the best opportunity for me to get back home :lol:

AssassiN

got the wrong hit
Hello BritGAF.

I hope a dirty northerner such as myself is welcome.

Having read the last page or so, i am disgusted to discover that there are chippys that don't do gravy. WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO?

Hello BritGAF.

I hope a dirty northerner such as myself is welcome.

Having read the last page or so, i am disgusted to discover that there are chippys that don't do gravy. WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO?

Hello and welcome. If you come down south bring gravy with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom