• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren870

hDxSjXN.gif

Leaving early I see!! TSK TSK!!!

SmokyDave

That game sounds like utter bollocks
It's Dynasty Warriors in smaller arenas with more emphasis on 'lieutenant vs lieutenant' fights and varying levels of super attacks, from what I can tell so far.

It actually plays pretty well. Looks great on the Vita screen too.

It's Dynasty Warriors in smaller arenas with more emphasis on 'lieutenant vs lieutenant' fights and varying levels of super attacks, from what I can tell so far.

It actually plays pretty well. Looks great on the Vita screen too.

Yeah, not really selling me. Based on the few times I played those games, I'd rather get sodomised by a colony of ants than play anything resembling Dynasty Warriors.

Although it goes a long towards explaining why they'd sex it up.

Reknoc

Yeah, not really selling me. Based on the few times I played those games, I'd rather get sodomised by a colony of ants than play anything resembling Dynasty Warriors.

bad taste

etc

Hystzen

Enjoys playing Dynasty Warriors to relax doesn't give a fuck now im going to find a colony of ants to sodomise me

SmokyDave

SmokyDave to lean Japanese confirmed.
No need, you can always find your way around this stuff. I just try every menu and then remember what goes where.

You crazy. Dynasty Warriors is fucking awesome. I even bought Dynasty Warriors Gundam, and I had no idea what a Gundam was.

Hystzen

Naughty Dog have no clue how to do match making it been shit since Uncharted 2. Low levels always get shoved together on team matches while high level players end up raping them hard.

TLOU is more unfair to due getting higher levels you get more loadout points and better survival skills

Not even fucking Fist of the North Star made that noise interesting, guys. Come the fuck on.

Unless the mainline series got really good or something in the last few years - and given that you never hear anyone singing the games' praises except, er, "people who probably like DW", to be polite about it, I kinda doubt it - those games are always going to be the interactive equivalent of an X Factor winner's debut album to me. I didn't spend the 2000s being told by literally everyone who ever played Dynasty Warriors' (most notably, me) that the series was more boring than Gordon Brown in a beige jumper just so that everyone could fucking change their minds in the face of not much at all.

So no. Dynasty Warriors is not good. Come at me, etc etc.

annie-edisonout8hp0t.gif

The matchmaking on TLoU is utter bollocks.

Agreed

if you're soloing make sure you're doing the no parties playlist. But most folks are quite high level it seems, the game's been out for a while.

Yeah I do it no parties but I still end up against people level 70. There must be some people on as low a level as me.

CHEEZMO™;75005839 said:
Anyone else feel like they're on ignore when they post ITT?

Guess I'm not part of the clique...
9jBmg.png

I still love you Cheezmo <3

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
CHEEZMO™;75005839 said:

9jBmg.png

I will bite your attention seeking young sir, and I see what you did with the youtubes, very clever. To be fair, I don't usually click on untagged youtube links soooo...

You are a valued and much appreciated member of the community. There, said it.

NinjaBoiX

Awesome power nap, I feel like a could crush a grape!

CHEEZMO™;75005839 said:

9jBmg.png
I still love you Cheezmo <3
Aww.

Our BritGAF mum doesn't show favouritism dude, we're all an equal and intrinsic part of her brood.

Has anyone else noticed how tight the sleeves on hoodies are getting? I just bought a new one along with some tees, and the arms feel like they're stretching at the seams!

Maybe I got a girl's one by accident...

Pookmunki

Dynasty Warriors is my veg out, brain off series - the wife gets Corrie, I get to cut swathes through chumps. Not everything has to be high art.

Not been in Britgaf since OT1, you all good? I'm off with my boy for 2 weeks, running out of things to do...

Hystzen

Not even fucking Fist of the North Star made that noise interesting, guys. Come the fuck on.

Unless the mainline series got really good or something in the last few years - and given that you never hear anyone singing the games' praises except, er, "people who probably like DW", to be polite about it, I kinda doubt it - those games are always going to be the interactive equivalent of an X Factor winner's debut album to me. I didn't spend the 2000s being told by literally everyone who ever played Dynasty Warriors' (most notably, me) that the series was more boring than Gordon Brown in a beige jumper just so that everyone could fucking change their minds in the face of not much at all.

So no. Dynasty Warriors is not good. Come at me, etc etc.

annie-edisonout8hp0t.gif

IGN who been shitting none stop on since early PS2 era by giving 3-2 out of 10 gave latest game DW8 a 8/10 praising it.

Not everyone has to like it but I enjoy the stupidness and interesting take on historical characters. Sometimes games like film's dont need be high brow oscar material sometimes need something dumb and fun to chill out with

tumblr_mbg5xjnW3M1rwrqtko1_400.gif

IGN who been shitting none stop on since early PS2 era by giving 3-2 out of 10 gave latest game DW8 a 8/10 praising it.

Not everyone has to like it but I enjoy the stupidness and interesting take on historical characters. Sometimes games like film's dont need be high brow oscar material sometimes need something dumb and fun to chill out with

tumblr_mbg5xjnW3M1rwrqtko1_400.gif

Yeah, fair enough. It's just like someone telling me Uwe Boll movies are good now, or something. Hard to believe.

It never really ever seemed dumb or fun. If they've fixed the latter, good on them.

Dave, there are some things we don't joke about, liking Rufus Hound is one of them.

He's a nice enough bloke. Wish he kept the 'stache, though.

AcridMeat

Banned
The panels are some of the most interesting (and to some extent important) information you'll ever get at PAX. After I graduated and attended PAX 09, I was overwhelmed by how many video game career panels they were. Sharing advice and tips on how to get into the industry etc. You never got any info like that at my uni. Still remember how some developer told me that the future is mobile gaming and I didn't believe it...cut to 3 years later and I was all like "Woah, he was right".

I don't usually join long queues when I'm at PAX. Just wander around, take pictures and if there's a free kiosk then try the game out for a few minutes. Only time I ever joined a queue was for Mass Effect 3. One and a half hours standing.Spent most of the time staring at a looped Old Republic video screen that was adjacent, playing my friend's Sega Nomad and getting told off by a female cosplayer because I confused her King of Fighters costume for a Street Fighter one. We probably talked about this at the meetup but I can't recall. I know we talked about how much the Freeplay area now sucks. Shit, now I'm all hyped up to go :( Would totally get a last minute flight and a room at the Hyatt closeby if I was swimming in money.
Absolutely! It's crazy seeing how the show has developed in the years, and seeing different developers' progress. I remember meeting the Bastion team when they were at the PAX 10 and being so excited for Greg Kasavin and everyone else, though not knowing much about their game. Then the next 12 months happened, they had their building the bastion segment on giantbomb, they got all of this amazing buzz and it came out and was loved and did really well. Come next PAX, I see them at their big WB booth on the floor and congratulate them and everything, speaking of I never did put up a signed poster from that year with them.

Also learning about getting into the industry, you're right it's priceless info. One guy told me about how he got to do what he does (something I'd love to do in the industry) by, his words, bsing a showreel from an indie movie he had done, then learning on the job. Crazy stories like that always gave me hope.

You definitely should last mi-
if I was swimming in money.
FUCK

TCRS

Banned
Just bought some Oreos ice cream.

Haagen Dazs Cookies & Cream >>>> B&J Cookie Dough >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Oreos

seriousy, it tastes shit.

Tidying the flat feels so good.

Only been at it for an hour and knackered already though.

Quick break to cook dinner, then at it again.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Tidying the flat feels so good.

Only been at it for an hour and knackered already though.

Quick break to cook dinner, then at it again.

The smell of bleach and furniture polish with a hint of vinegar glass cleaner around the house is the ultimate reward to doing a deep cleaning housework operation.

Jordan

So, for those of you not on my facebook would not have seen this.

I'm watching a horror film for the first time in years. Me and horror films just do not go, I am a complete tart when it comes to horrors.

I've decided to watch the new Evil Dead, I'm about twenty minutes in and I'm already shitting myself. I may need someone to hold me tonight.

NinjaBoiX

So the lads just got the Sky Sports package, the sitting room is now a wall to wall football zone. "This player is better than that player, this forward would work well with that forward, this defender would be a good match for that striker", urgh.

*time out to screensaver*

I think I'll head upstairs and watch a flick, fuck that noise!

Mikeside

So the lads just got the Sky Sports package, the sitting room is now a wall to wall football zone. "This player is better than that player, this forward would work well with that forward, this defender would be a good match for that striker", urgh.

*time out to screensaver*

I think I'll head upstairs and watch a flick, fuck that noise!

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

NinjaBoiX

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
I know right? I mean, that dude was all running and shit, then that other dude just, all like, tripped him up and stuff.

Then the ref, I was all like, "what the fuck!"

The ref needs glasses, and is wrong about everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom