• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikeside

Oh shit, I thought I'd been on Soundcloud for like 5 minutes and it's gone 4am. And I've spent like £30.
Fuck.

Got an awesome playlist sorted for the month, though.

Reknoc

Well going by wikipedia;

Good numbers, regardless of what SE say. There'll be a sequel for sure. It would be stupid to put so much work into rebooting the franchise and character and stop now.

They've already said a new Tomb Raider is being worked on. It'll be interesting to see if they can do the same quality jump as Legend to Anniversary, but then considering Underworld came after that (and TR after that) I'm not entirely convinced Crystal Dynamics are any good at making Tomb Raider games without being able to use the classics as a crutch.

Jordan

To be fair, Jordan was hacking.

I was not fucking hacking you cunt! You're just shit!

I overslept this morning and feel like total shit, I just want to be back in bed with some amazing woman giving me a back massage - but alas... I'm at work, struggling to keep my eyes open thinking it's either Red Bull or brew time.

The guy I went gym with yesterday really tried to kill me making me lift shit and doing routines that were way more advance than me, but fair play to him - he made me do everything he did, not on the same weights of course but he pushed me and pushed me. Then after the weights, we did some intensive cardio training which just fucking killed both of us. I haven't ever sweat so much in my life.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.

I overslept this morning and feel like total shit, I just want to be back in bed with some amazing woman giving me a back massage - but alas... I'm at work, struggling to keep my eyes open thinking it's either Red Bull or brew time.

The guy I went gym with yesterday really tried to kill me making me lift shit and doing routines that were way more advance than me, but fair play to him - he made me do everything he did, not on the same weights of course but he pushed me and pushed me. Then after the weights, we did some intensive cardio training which just fucking killed both of us. I haven't ever sweat so much in my life.

Was he fooling around ? That's one way to fuck your muscles and back for like homie. But we have all been there doing that shit in the gym.

Jordan

Was he fooling around ? That's one way to fuck your muscles and back for like homie. But we have all been there doing that shit in the gym.

No, no fooling around. When I had been going I had been doing bits of everything so not specifically working on one set of things (biceps/triceps, chest/shoulders) - and we were doing free weights which I had never done, and he was supporting me all the way through, making sure what I was lifting wasn't too much, telling me that when it's too much to stop, but we were working with a 10-8-6 routine. So for the barbell he did 10, 15, 17.5kg where as I did 7.5, 10, 12.5 and struggled with the 12.5 so he told me to stop and we went and did something else. He wasn't causing me pain, he was just making sure I felt the burn. He showed me how to use all the equipment correctly as well, meaning when I go with my normal gym buddy I can then show him and we have a bit more to do and can work on specific areas again. The guy wants to do chest and shoulders on the weekend, and I welcome it because after working out with him I did feel really fucking pumped.

NinjaBoiX

Just got to work dude, YT eats my 3G!
*bookmarked*
Will listen when I get in tonight.
I just want to be back in bed with some amazing woman
So much this man! Didn't sleep too well, a little tired, a little horny, bad combo for work...

Tuesdays sometimes feel worse than Mondays to me, you've still got the memory of how crap it was to deal with Monday, and you aren't even halfway through the week.

We'll I'm off on Friday, so I suppose this can be my Wednesday. Lunchtime is the brow of the hill for me, it's just a matter of coasting from there!

Also, morning peeps. I hope everyone is well.

Jordan

Just got to work dude, YT eats my 3G!
*bookmarked*
Will listen when I get in tonight.

So much this man! Didn't sleep too well, a little tired, a little horny, bad combo for work...

Tuesdays sometimes feel worse than Mondays to me, you've still got the memory of how crap it was to deal with Monday, and you aren't even halfway through the week.

We'll I'm off on Friday, so I suppose this can be my Wednesday. Lunchtime is the brow of the hill for me, it's just a matter of coasting from there!

Also, morning peeps. I hope everyone is well.

I don't really get the morning blues any more, liking my job is normally a plus. I just wish I could sleep more. I seriously think I just need to live with a woman and all my sleeping troubles be gone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyDUC1LUXSU - Been listening to this recently, when Pharrell sings "Everybody get up" it makes me feel like it is a summer song.

SKINNER!

Banned
Yo Acrid, I see the PAX schedule got released. Already bummed out that I'll be missing some of them. Wouldn't mind attending the "How to Make NES games" one.

NinjaBoiX

I don't really get the morning blues any more, liking my job is normally a plus. I just wish I could sleep more. I seriously think I just need to live with a woman and all my sleeping troubles be gone.
I assume you mean an ugly, sexually unappealing woman?

Also, I actually can't get away from Blurred Lines! It's followed me into BritGAF! I must've heard that song like a hundred times over the last few months, entirely against my will. It's not awful, it's just mind numbingly repetitive, which is exacerbated by the sheer frequency with which it gets played. Still!

Jordan

I assume you mean an ugly, sexually unappealing woman?

Also, I actually can't get away from Blurred Lines! It's followed me into BritGAF! I must've heard that song like a hundred times over the last few months, entirely against my will. It's not awful, it's just mind numbingly repetitive, which is exacerbated by the sheer frequency with which it gets played. Still!

Of course, what else would I mean?

When I stayed with my ex, I was out like a light most nights, it was so blissful considering on a normal night alone it can take anywhere between an hour and four hours to just fall asleep. No distractions, no music, dark room, I've tried everything - just the comfort of a woman makes me just fall asleep...

Kentpaul

No, no fooling around. When I had been going I had been doing bits of everything so not specifically working on one set of things (biceps/triceps, chest/shoulders) - and we were doing free weights which I had never done, and he was supporting me all the way through, making sure what I was lifting wasn't too much, telling me that when it's too much to stop, but we were working with a 10-8-6 routine. So for the barbell he did 10, 15, 17.5kg where as I did 7.5, 10, 12.5 and struggled with the 12.5 so he told me to stop and we went and did something else. He wasn't causing me pain, he was just making sure I felt the burn. He showed me how to use all the equipment correctly as well, meaning when I go with my normal gym buddy I can then show him and we have a bit more to do and can work on specific areas again. The guy wants to do chest and shoulders on the weekend, and I welcome it because after working out with him I did feel really fucking pumped.

Feeling that burn from free weights is the most enjoyable part of working out, That and flexing after a workout anyway.

Nothing more manly than a rock solid muscle that's just been worked.

Jordan

Feeling that burn from free weights is the most enjoyable part of working out, That and flexing after a workout anyway.

Nothing more manly than a rock solid muscle that's just been worked.

I did not flex, my friend did... I did not. I am nowhere near impressive yet. I'm impressed in myself and seeing an improvement is good enough for me at the moment.

Morning BritGAF!

Slept like a log last night so I'm an eager beaver today.

I'm trying to find a Slim PS3 320GB model but these things now appar to be rarer than rocking horse shit brand new at a reasonable price, I have a 500GB Super Slim model but because the disc try is top loading it's a bitch for me to get discs out.

Symphonia

Banned
Urgh, I hated it, cheese on toast.

Especially after Nitin Sawhney's awesome Enslaved OST.

But DmC in NT's best game yet, so I'll let them off!
Nah, I'm proper loving the grunginess of it all. And Dante is just an awesome motherfucka. To think I was going to trade it in without giving it a chance, ha.

AcridMeat

Banned
Yo Acrid, I see the PAX schedule got released. Already bummed out that I'll be missing some of them. Wouldn't mind attending the "How to Make NES games" one.
Have only just looked at a few things so far. That one looks interesting definitely. There's one on video games marketing which I'll have to check out as well, despite all of my attempts to avoid adulthood.

Don't get too hung up about it, the only thing that bums me out even though I'll be there are the lines for the new consoles. Can't imagine how long some people will be waiting...

Funny you guys talking about DmC, it's a game I've been meaning to go back to. I really like it, I'm just so bad at it. Also by now I've forgotten the controls and combos.

SKINNER!

Banned
Have only just looked at a few things so far. That one looks interesting definitely. There's one on video games marketing which I'll have to check out as well, despite all of my attempts to avoid adulthood.

Don't get too hung up about it, the only thing that bums me out even though I'll be there are the lines for the new consoles. Can't imagine how long some people will be waiting...

The panels are some of the most interesting (and to some extent important) information you'll ever get at PAX. After I graduated and attended PAX 09, I was overwhelmed by how many video game career panels they were. Sharing advice and tips on how to get into the industry etc. You never got any info like that at my uni. Still remember how some developer told me that the future is mobile gaming and I didn't believe it...cut to 3 years later and I was all like "Woah, he was right".

I don't usually join long queues when I'm at PAX. Just wander around, take pictures and if there's a free kiosk then try the game out for a few minutes. Only time I ever joined a queue was for Mass Effect 3. One and a half hours standing.Spent most of the time staring at a looped Old Republic video screen that was adjacent, playing my friend's Sega Nomad and getting told off by a female cosplayer because I confused her King of Fighters costume for a Street Fighter one. We probably talked about this at the meetup but I can't recall. I know we talked about how much the Freeplay area now sucks. Shit, now I'm all hyped up to go :( Would totally get a last minute flight and a room at the Hyatt closeby if I was swimming in money.

Mikeside

The panels were/are definitely the highlight at Eurogamer too - so interesting to sit in on.
I think I preferred the panels at Rezzed last year (didn't manage to go this year). Hearing the Introversion guys talk was fascinating as was the RPS roundtable.

So hyped for EGE this year.

Jordan

The panels were/are definitely the highlight at Eurogamer too - so interesting to sit in on.
I think I preferred the panels at Rezzed last year (didn't manage to go this year). Hearing the Introversion guys talk was fascinating as was the RPS roundtable.

So hyped for EGE this year.

Just seen some of the games that have already been announced. Holy shit, there are not going to be enough hours in the day for this.

Kentpaul

I did not flex, my friend did... I did not. I am nowhere near impressive yet. I'm impressed in myself and seeing an improvement is good enough for me at the moment.

Flexing improves muscle growth.

I have been send from from CS due to 28 people turning up when the 3 vans can only hold 15 people.. It was like a highschool reunion lol. Now i have no choice but to bodybuild and smoke my incredible weed. It's a harsh life being an OG.

Mikeside

Just seen some of the games that have already been announced. Holy shit, there are not going to be enough hours in the day for this.

That's why you do 4 days, motherfucker.
I'm going to be balls deep in GAAAAMEEESSSS

Also, it means there's plenty of time for meeting GAF folks without worrying I'm missing out on the expo.

Jordan

Also, it means there's plenty of time for meeting GAF folks without worrying I'm missing out on the expo.

Yeah, I don't think I could of got both Thursday and Friday off work as I also now have Wednesday off.
I'll probably do a short meetup with you and find out where I need to be going and what I need to get my arse to and play. I'm going with a friend from school so it will be a mixed day.

Volotaire

When's you Birthday: 7th April
Where do you live: [Birmingham
Where are you from: Birmingham
Occupation/University: London School of Economics (LSE) start this october
Favourite Actor/Actress: Dunno.. I'll just go with Jackie Chan or Jim Carrey I suppose
Favourite Band/Artist: Hmmm..... too many.. atm Feist, Of Monsters and Men
Favourite TV Show: Lost probably or Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes
Favourite Crisps: Vegetable Root crisps
Favourite Biscuit: Chocolate Chip Cookie
Favourite Pokémon: Easy, Pikachu
Ant or Dec: Dec
Stalactites or Stalagmites: Stalagmites
Beano or Dandy: : Beano

Cheers to a new thread BritGAF

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Oh shit, I thought I'd been on Soundcloud for like 5 minutes and it's gone 4am. And I've spent like £30.
Fuck.

Got an awesome playlist sorted for the month, though.

wtf, I thought you had work today? I bet you're hanging now. Pretty sleepy myself, just rolled into the office.

Mikeside

Yeah, I don't think I could of got both Thursday and Friday off work as I also now have Wednesday off.
I'll probably do a short meetup with you and find out where I need to be going and what I need to get my arse to and play. I'm going with a friend from school so it will be a mixed day.

You just there on the Saturday?
You can tag along with me and my buds as much as you want, but yeah - best to do your own thing if you've got limited time so you get to see everything you want.

wtf, I thought you had work today? I bet you're hanging now. Pretty sleepy myself, just rolled into the office.

Yep, I'm at work. So. Fucking. Tired.
My apprentice has a hangover from hell too, so it's a pretty funny mood down here!

Jordan

You just there on the Saturday?
You can tag along with me and my buds as much as you want, but yeah - best to do your own thing if you've got limited time so you get to see everything you want.

Yep, I'm at work. So. Fucking. Tired.
My apprentice has a hangover from hell too, so it's a pretty funny mood down here!

I'm there on the Friday, it's less busy.

afoni

Banned

I'm not.

often

I'm likely gonna be spending 2 of the 4 days dossing about with mates and the other two days standing in lines like a dildo. I might even get asked to go as press, so I could get early entry on some days.

It's gonna be fucking ACE.

Lirlond

no more running pls

Am I the only one who gets confused looking at the new pms bit? I keep thinking I have 72 new messages lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom