• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
So, I'm gonna get slated for this.

What the FUCK happened to Arctic Monkeys

They were such a fresh new band when they first came onto the scene, it was so upbeat, sounded so positive and it was/still is so good. Their first album was fucking phenomenal and I'm talking first album not the EP.

Now don't get me wrong, I like the new album - but fuck me does it seem a little depressive/dreary.

Bring back 2005-2008 AM :(

Examples:

First Album: http://youtu.be/pK7egZaT3hs /// http://youtu.be/y5ySuWBIglI
Latest Album: http://youtu.be/_E-oxwJutbg /// http://youtu.be/JoKd98AslF4

I've said it before but I totally agree. They've blunted every edge they ever had. I appreciate that they got a cohesive aesthetic they're sticking to, very laid back and languid and vaseline smeared, but it does nothing for me any more. Bummer.

also, along wit h80s Matchbox B-Line disaster, it marks the second young English band that Chris Goss has kinda broken. And I love Chris Goss.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'd ask the main board but they'd just tell me to but a 100" Panasonic Plasma. I'm after a 32" TV. A Samsung LED Smart TV like this should be fine right.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
I'd ask the main board but they'd just tell me to but a 100" Panasonic Plasma. I'm after a 32" TV. A Samsung LED Smart TV like this should be fine right.

You will never look back once you get a smart tv. You can beam youtube videos from your smart phone right to the TV, Very handy shit for the people who practice the laid back lifestyle.

In regard to the new monkeys album, I really dig No. 1 Party Anthem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83hFiC-siDs

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Hell yeah man :) one more for the team is always good.

I cannot wait for GTA-O, it's going to be a new golden age of BritGAF cliqueyness. F0rk and Jackben are going to be LIVID.
Keep talkin like you know something, boy.
Or they could just join in.
And some more ignorance.

Pretty sure neither f0rk nor I ever said we hated GTA V or weren't going to play online. Also, we're separate people, I know you like to group reference Jed (cliques gotta clique) but we have pretty differing opinions about various things. For the record I am going to play but I'm already inked up with Bish's BCT crew. So if I see you on our turf, you'll get an RPG to the face as a welcome.

Jordan

"I've forgot the fucking words, but this one goes 'I'm going back to 505'"

As much as he tried to style it out... not so cool now.

afoni

Banned
GTAO is literally just going to be me dicking about and everyone sighing about how I stopped off for a game of tennis with Jed while we were escaping after a bank heist.

Symphonia

Banned
GTAO is literally just going to be me dicking about and everyone sighing about how I stopped off for a game of tennis with Jed while we were escaping after a bank heist.
If everything goes to plan, I'll become the [almost] Heisenberg of the GTA Online world.

Jordan

For the people who I do play with (*sniggers*) be it 360 or ps3... Expect me to act like a cunt on GTAO... I will run away with your money, I will be a bastard about everything in game... If you get a nice car and I can't get it - I will steal it or blow it up.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Jordan *brofist*

Why bother doing a bank heist or planning anything like that when you can just rob from the robbers?

Symphonia

Banned
Why bother doing a bank heist or planning anything like that when you can just rob from the robbers?
I can't help but picture a BritGAF heist ending up like the one in The Dark Knight, with each one of us betraying the others. Except Ninja and Musha, obviously, those two will drive off into the Los Santos sunset like Bonnie and Clyde.

Jordan

Jordan *brofist*

I can't help but picture a BritGAF heist ending up like the one in The Dark Knight, with each one of us betraying the others. Except Ninja and Musha, obviously, those two will drive off into the Los Santos sunset like Bonnie and Clyde.

I am already fully aware that I will piss of my friends that I went to school with or game with before GAF. I am fully aware I will probably end up having an argument with one of my friends and can probably see him wishing death upon me (serious gamers too serious) and I will sit there absolutely fucking wetting myself. I remember playing Kane and Lynch's multiplayer and I was like "Right, we'll do this together..." One step away from the getaway and I put a bullet in his head and just walked off... I absolutely fucking wet myself, he refused to talk to me for a week.

I'm not sorry at all about how I'm playing the game, I expect others will try it with me and they're more than welcome to... if they manage to kill me or steal from me then I'll high five them (only if they do it in an awesome, spectacular manor) and seek my revenge when they least expect it... but it will be hilarious.

Nah, Favourite Worst Nightmare was even better. That sharp angular production from James Ford cut straight the good stuff. Granted, Humbug was a slight disappointment, but still a sound record. But then Suck It man, that's a fucking great album.

I think they've just got better and better. I'll be buying the new record tomorrow, and I've loved everything I've heard from it so far.

Edit: Jordan, I'm seeing them in October or November, I can't remember. But I'm sure you'll hear all about it!

I didn't mean it was the end of them as a relevant band. Just the particular era of lads with guitars tearing up the charts and airwaves.

f0rk

I didn't mean it was the end of them as a relevant band. Just the particular era of lads with guitars tearing up the charts and airwaves.

I saw some local kids play the other day and they were all the same songs teenage bands would play 5-8 years ago. Quite sad really, can't think of anything that replaces it. I guess 'original' electronic music producing is cooler now.

I saw some local kids play the other day and they were all the same songs teenage bands would play 5-8 years ago. Quite sad really, can't think of anything that replaces it. I guess 'original' electronic music producing is cooler now.

Yeah, pretty much. Well, landfill indie killed it - when you're seeing genuine pushes for bands like The Twang, The View and The Pigeon Detectives you know shit's about to die. Suddenly guitar music became real lowest common denominator stuff and everyone new and old got real boring.

Personally, I blame Razorlight.

f0rk

Yeah, pretty much. Well, landfill indie killed it - when you're seeing genuine pushes for bands like The Twang, The View and The Pigeon Detectives you know shit's about to die. Suddenly guitar music became real lowest common denominator stuff and everyone new and old got real boring.

Personally, I blame Razorlight.

Now it's all 1 man singer/songwriter with a guitar which is just boring by default :(
That's what my friend is trying to make it as but I didn't tell him that opinion lol

Jordan

See, as much as it's not Rock... I love the feels that I get from Ed Sheeran or Passenger, just one man with a story and a guitar. I love that shit.

NinjaBoiX

CHEEZMO™;81267217 said:
Wynaut both?
SiTsx4R.jpg

My friends think little of me but that might be because I'm a cunt.
yVhobdA.jpg

Keep talkin like you know something, boy.And some more ignorance.

Pretty sure neither f0rk nor I ever said we hated GTA V or weren't going to play online. Also, we're separate people, I know you like to group reference Jed (cliques gotta clique) but we have pretty differing opinions about various things. For the record I am going to play but I'm already inked up with Bish's BCT crew. So if I see you on our turf, you'll get an RPG to the face as a welcome.

Well someone has sand in their vagina.

Wassup bro, had a hard day? You know you can talk to us about it, we're here for you buddy

Now it's all 1 man singer/songwriter with a guitar which is just boring by default :(
That's what my friend is trying to make it as but I didn't tell him that opinion lol

See, as much as it's not Rock... I love the feels that I get from Ed Sheeran or Passenger, just one man with a story and a guitar. I love that shit.

NEOGAF

But seriously, I'm not huge on the one man/guitar thing either. Luckily, there's still enough decent guitar music to go around, from here and across the pond. The new D-Plan album should keep me happy for a while.

Jordan

To be honest, I accepted that I was a cunt a long time ago. It doesn't bother me, I build off from it.

If I know you, I will take the piss out of you, I will be sarcastic and it's rare that I will help you if you're drunk. However, when shit hits the fan - I will have your back, I will support you and no matter who, what or why, you will come first to me.

I have one friend at the moment who comes to me with the same shit every day, gets the same advice every day, and gets taken the piss out of every single day. She knows how I am, she knows I will give advice when she needs it and she knows I will make a joke of it... yet she comes back? The first thing I said to her when I first started to speak to her was "I warn you, I'm a bit of a cunt... well, a bit is an understatement" and she's a great friend of mine now.

Edit: I forgot how good 505 was.

Symphonia

Banned
I have one friend at the moment who comes to me with the same shit every day, gets the same advice every day, and gets taken the piss out of every single day. She knows how I am, she knows I will give advice when she needs it and she knows I will make a joke of it... yet she comes back? The first thing I said to her when I first started to speak to her was "I warn you, I'm a bit of a cunt... well, a bit is an understatement" and she's a great friend of mine now.
This is what's going on with me at the moment. A likes B. A slept with B. B likes A but not in the way A likes B. A wants to keep it secret from the office that she slept with B and came to me for advice about what to do regarding B. A also asked C and D for advice. Because B gave her weird looks and because I was apparently being weird with him (I wasn't, I even sat down to have lunch with the fucker) A automatically assumes it's ME who's being disloyal and spreading shit, and that's really pissed me off.

If anything is said at all in the office tomorrow, I'm going to go mental and shit will hit the fan big time.

Jordan

This is what's going on with me at the moment. A likes B. A slept with B. B likes A but not in the way A likes B. A wants to keep it secret from the office that she slept with B and came to me for advice about what to do regarding B. A also asked C and D for advice. Because B gave her weird looks and because I was apparently being weird with him (I wasn't, I even sat down to have lunch with the fucker) A automatically assumes it's ME who's being disloyal and spreading shit, and that's really pissed me off.

If anything is said at all in the office tomorrow, I'm going to go mental and shit will hit the fan big time.

I don't have a many rules in life but I certainly have a few:
1. Don't shit where you work... It will only come and bite you in the arse when shit goes wrong.
2. Nobody at work needs to know my personal shit, I don't need to know there's. If they talk to me about it, I just act so uninterested that it's verging the point of awkward. If they do know my personal shit, as one person at my work does - it's because I trust them and I would stay friends with them when I/they leave.

I made the mistake of adding all my last work lot on facebook and what not, I got lectures about what I put on there, I got bitched at for photographs, I had them pretty much stalking my life. They can fuck off for all I care, what I do is up to me and they have no need to care. "Oh, we're doing it to protect you" If I wanna call my boss a cunt on facebook for basically using me for slave labour then I will call my boss a cunt. If I wanted a photo of me and my ex kissing or being close, I will have a fucking photo. If it's what makes me happy and calm then why the fuck should it matter to anybody else?

What I really can't fucking stand is people who do talk about you and your private shit behind your back. Got something to say? Then please, include me - the odds are, if you're bitching about me, I will agree - I am so self aware of what a dickhead I can be, and if you don't like it please let me know because I won't be so in your face about it.

Edit: Grand Theft Auto Online includes over 500 missions

I never have current work colleagues on Facebook, unless I know I can trust them. My current workplace I have 1 colleague on Facebook, and only because we know each other from way back clubbing in Camden.

I also have plenty of experience with so called friends bitching behind my back, I don't have much to do with them anymore. Don't need that shit in my life, so I cut it out. Easy :)

NinjaBoiX

Jordan, people will always talk about you when you aren't there. It's human nature fella. Don't immediately assume it's bitching man, it could be totally well meaning.

If you really don't care, then just let it slide. Whatever happened to the "fuck it, why not" mantra!

Chin up bro.

Anyway...
I forgot how good 505 was.
OFf4ivi.gif

One of my favourite AM tracks, particularly lyrically. I love the picture he paints of his long journey to be back with his missus. The whole track culminates with him eventually getting "back to 505", and finally seeing her waiting for him, greeting him with a smile:

"I'm going back to 505,
If it's a 7 hour flight or a 45 minute drive,
In my imagination you're waiting lying on your side,
With your hands between your thighs,
And a smile,"

It's the little pause at the end that sells it. He's a brilliant storyteller. I also love this verse:

"Stop and wait a sec,
Oh when you look at me like that my darling,
What did you expect,
I probably still adore you with your hands around my neck,
Or I did last time I checked,"

He's a wordsmith I tells ye.

Jordan

Jordan, people will always talk about you when you aren't there. It's human nature fella. Don't immediately assume it's bitching man, it could be totally well meaning.

If you really don't care, then just let it slide. Whatever happened to the "fuck it, why not" mantra!

Chin up bro.

Anyway...

OFf4ivi.gif

One of my favourite AM tracks, particularly lyrically. I love the picture he paints of his long journey to be back with his missus. The whole track culminates with him eventually getting "back to 505", and finally seeing her waiting for him, greeting him with a smile:

"I'm going back to 505,
If it's a 7 hour flight or a 45 minute drive,
In my imagination you're waiting lying on your side,
With your hands between your thighs,
And a smile,"

It's the little pause at the end that sells it. He's a brilliant storyteller. I also love this verse:

"Stop and wait a sec,
Oh when you look at me like that my darling,
What did you expect,
I probably still adore you with your hands around my neck,
Or I did last time I checked,"

He's a wordsmith I tells ye.

My chin is in no way down at the moment. I do let it slide, but I wish people who have something negative to say about me to others would say it to my face, it's not a difficult thing to do. I don't know whether people are or are not saying stuff behind my back at the moment. I know I have had it a lot in the past and a lot of it was negative, I have some really good friends who tell me everything and I respect them for that.

Gotta agree with you on him being a wordsmith, his lyrics are genius and they definitely tell a story. That is definitely my favourite track by them, but there are so many from that first album that come close.

Symphonia

Banned
I never have current work colleagues on Facebook, unless I know I can trust them. My current workplace I have 1 colleague on Facebook, and only because we know each other from way back clubbing in Camden.

I also have plenty of experience with so called friends bitching behind my back, I don't have much to do with them anymore. Don't need that shit in my life, so I cut it out. Easy :)
I don't have any of my current workmates on Facebook, primarily because I no longer have Facebook, but even when I did, I was extra careful of who I had on there. I had one person from work on there and he's my manager and we get along fine. Apart from that, no-one even went near my friends list, not unless I was 100% sure I can trust them.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Well someone has sand in their vagina.

Wassup bro, had a hard day? You know you can talk to us about it, we're here for you buddy
Huh? I thought it was playful, what with the "RPG in your face". It wasn't a genuine threat. I'm not literally going to launch a banned military-grade weapon at you. Please don't sic the NSA on me for a second time.

Symphonia

Banned
I mean, they're my man crushes but I'm not entirely sure I would take one from them?
You just reminded me of a 'Would you, could you..' question - if you had to choose between taking it from behind from a big, burly man or having rampant sex - with no condom - with a hot woman riddled with every STI/STD known to mankind, which would you choose?

Jordan

You just reminded me of a 'Would you, could you..' question - if you had to choose between taking it from behind from a big, burly man or having rampant sex - with no condom - with a hot woman riddled with every STI/STD known to mankind, which would you choose?

That's a tough one, having never had anything enter my backside apart from a suppository (still not sure whether the parents were winding me up or not) and only having things leave - I'm not too sure I would feel entirely comfortable with a big burly man giving it to me.

The woman, what sort of condition is her love garden in? Are we talking pus and discharge, or are we talking you can barely notice it?

Who says you have to take? ;)

Well now you've twisted my arm ;)

Edit: Ninj, take that back now.

Symphonia

Banned
The woman, what sort of condition is her love garden in? Are we talking pus and discharge, or are we talking you can barely notice it?
I'm talking fayereagan.gif bad.

Having every sexual disease known to man is going to have some profound effect on her love garden. Its gonna stink, there will be pus and even possibly blood and it's going to look absolutely revolting, like a rotting slice of beef.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom