• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaBoiX

say what you want

I still like my set up

20130228_152809_zps27260fde.jpg
Slick Tash! Don't run with those scissors now.

Yeah Jackben, Sandpaper Kisses is great too. Check out the album Quixotic, it's brilliant. It was hard to narrow it down to three tracks to post.

Plus "Quixotic" is one of my favourite words, both the sound and the definition are most appealing.

Edit: yeah, Musha's TV is superfly.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
I think everyone needs to post their battlestations

I'd do a pic of mine now since I've moved house so it's changed but no S3 to take a sexy pic

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I'll have to wait until I get home. I have my computer station and my console station because I go both ways for gaming.

tumblr_meu546XHLY1qe9bi5o1_400.gif

8bit

Knows the Score
This is the other side :
rGoFYxi.jpg

It's a weird archway thing created by the previous tenant, as there wasn't a decent flat wall it made more sense to have direct access to the back of the TV.

jimbor

Banned
I'm suitably over my self loathing after a disastrous date last Saturday so I thought I'd share it with BritGAF. Some of the clique already know, obviously.

My friend set me up with one of his friends, we swapped numbers, text, spoke etc for a couple of weeks before arranging a date for last Saturday at five, in Brighton (where she lives). Saturday morning a friend asked me if I fancied going Dirty Burger for breakfast. Their sausage and egg muffin is fucking amazing so I obviously said yes. After finishing, she suggested a drink (it was just before eleven in the morning) and I foolishly said yes. Four and a bit pints later I'm on the train to Brighton, managed to fall asleep and wake up slightly hungover and a little drunk.

Got to the date on time, everything was going well in the first pub. We then moved onto another pub which is when my memory starts getting hazy. I remember I fell asleep when she went out for a fag and then I don't really have that many more memories of the night apart from a brief period in the third pub (god knows why she was still hanging around at this stage), where I woke up from yet another slumber to ask what I thought was a hilarious joke (So...how do you think this is going? Will there be a second?) and then my next memory is waking up on a train five minutes outside of Bedford and I live in fucking London. Had to wait almost three hours for the first train back to London at 5:42.

Apparently I snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, as according to my friend I'd done all the hard work. She thought I was funny, good looking etc when we first met up but obviously I got drunker, fell asleep quite a few times and people would occasionally ask her if I was with her when I was asleep to which she'd answer that I was her date. A tad embarrassing for her, I suppose.

What made it worse was that my friend hadn't lied with his description. She was hot (dark hair and blue eyes), intelligent, funny and with an Irish accent. Boy did I hate myself on Sunday afternoon.

3Sixty

I'm suitably over my self loathing after a disastrous date last Saturday so I thought I'd share it with BritGAF. Some of the clique already know, obviously.

My friend set me up with one of his friends, we swapped numbers, text, spoke etc for a couple of weeks before arranging a date for last Saturday at five, in Brighton (where she lives). Saturday morning a friend asked me if I fancied going Dirty Burger for breakfast. Their sausage and egg muffin is fucking amazing so I obviously said yes. After finishing, she suggested a drink (it was just before eleven in the morning) and I foolishly said yes. Four and a bit pints later I'm on the train to Brighton, managed to fall asleep and wake up slightly hungover and a little drunk.

Got to the date on time, everything was going well in the first pub. We then moved onto another pub which is when my memory starts getting hazy. I remember I fell asleep when she went out for a fag and then I don't really have that many more memories of the night apart from a brief period in the third pub (god knows why she was still hanging around at this stage), where I woke up from yet another slumber to ask what I thought was a hilarious joke (So...how do you think this is going? Will there be a second?) and then my next memory is waking up on a train five minutes outside of Bedford and I live in fucking London. Had to wait almost three hours for the first train back to London at 5:42.

Apparently I snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, as according to my friend I'd done all the hard work. She thought I was funny, good looking etc when we first met up but obviously I got drunker, fell asleep quite a few times and people would occasionally ask her if I was with her when I was asleep to which she'd answer that I was her date. A tad embarrassing for her, I suppose.

What made it worse was that my friend hadn't lied with his description. She was hot (dark hair and blue eyes), intelligent, funny and with an Irish accent. Boy did I hate myself on Sunday afternoon.

Lol

Amazing

SmokyDave

I'm so fucking deep in the GTA hole. I don't know if I'll ever come out again. I've taken any and every form of intoxicant in the house, and I've had about four hours sleep since midnight on monday. Suffice to say it's the best game ever ever. Except maybe Saints Row The Third, and Streets of Rage 2.

I'm so fucked though. So fucked. I need to finish the story before Saturday so I can straighten up in time for work. Stats currently say I have played about 35 hours. Feels longer than that, apart from fetching breakfast this morning. I dont remember stopping at all.

Honestly? You got a great story out of it. Don't fret this one. If she stuck around for the third bar, there might well be another chance. If not, well, you have 'one of those' stories. Mine involves falling asleep on a bar in a gay club whilst the girl I was supposed to go home with stood around like a lemon. Shit happens, man, just be glad you were around for it. That's living.

PS: The twenty second delay on entering text with iOS 7 is a massive pain in the arse. On an iPhone 4, that is. Probably works fine on everything else.

jimbor

Banned
I'm so fucking deep in the GTA hole. I don't know if I'll ever come out again. I've taken any and every form of intoxicant in the house, and I've had about four hours sleep since midnight on monday. Suffice to say it's the best game ever ever. Except maybe Saints Row The Third, and Streets of Rage 2.

I'm so fucked though. So fucked. I need to finish the story before Saturday so I can straighten up in time for work. Stats currently say I have played about 35 hours. Feels longer than that, apart from fetching breakfast this morning. I dont remember stopping at all.

Honestly? You got a great story out of it. Don't fret this one. If she stuck around for the third bar, there might well be another chance. If not, well, you have 'one of those' stories. Mine involves falling asleep on a bar in a gay club whilst the girl I was supposed to go home with stood around like a lemon. Shit happens, man, just be glad you were around for it. That's living.

PS: The twenty second delay on entering text with iOS 7 is a massive pain in the arse. On an iPhone 4, that is. Probably works fine on everything else.

I'm over the hating myself part now, think that was mainly the hangover's influence. It must've been as I was even considering quitting booze and thinking my ex was right about my drinking being an issue. I phoned the paddy to apologise and we laughed about it and left it on good terms.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Will be going back up to Uni next week to give it a go, and i'm taking my PS3 and GTA V with me. Going from a 37 inch TV to a 19 inch is going to be tough.

Rich!

We posting setups now?

I've posted mine before, but fuck it

42" LG TV, beastly gaming/media center PC, Wii, Wii U, PS3, N64 and my 2.1 Sony HDMI soundsystem.

got so many ideas for an awesome gaming set up (wall mounted, consoles hidden, speakers mounted), but alas this is a rented property so I can't go drilling into the walls.

afoni

Banned
Finished GTA V. Frustrated at the poor ending amongst other things related to story. I won't say any more.

Oh yeah, it's 5:30am. Welp.

Suairyu

Banned
Off to London now. I'm stuck for something to do during the early morning and evening of Sunday, so if anyone has some good suggestions please do pop me a PM.

Also, if anyone can recommend some must-have-but-cheap eats, I'd love that too.

Ciao.

NinjaBoiX

Finished GTA V. Frustrated at the poor ending amongst other things related to story. I won't say any more.

Oh yeah, it's 5:30am. Welp.
Fucking hell dude, how much free time do you have on your hands! I think I've played for about two or three hours, max. I'm going to hammer it over the weekend though. :)

Last day at work until October today too, so fucking pumped for next week now, I can't wait!

Jordan

I was pissed off seeing the completion rate of my GTA V - I'm on 59%. When I think about it, I have spent an insane amount of time on it and it's no wonder I'm on that percentage but I just want it to last forever. I will definitely be playing another run through.

Donkeyshow! Justin Timberlake has released TKO today. I'm just giving it a listen now, the intro is a bit meh but the rest is pretty good - Listen Here

I think I'm on like 11% or something? But then I didn't book any time off work to play. I'm not bothered though, it's not like it's a race or anything.

The other thing that's hampering my progress is whenever the bloke says "Can I drive?" he then spends ages fucking around, crashing jet skies on the beach, customizing cars and whatnot instead of just driving to the next mission. The fucker has also gotten me killed a few times trying to escape from the cops.

Jordan

I have died so many times on that game as Franklin driving and crashing into shit accidentally and flying out of the window. Man needs more health.

Symphonia

Banned
I think I'm on like 11% or something? But then I didn't book any time off work to play. I'm not bothered though, it's not like it's a race or anything.

The other thing that's hampering my progress is whenever the bloke says "Can I drive?" he then spends ages fucking around, crashing jet skies on the beach, customizing cars and whatnot instead of just driving to the next mission. The fucker has also gotten me killed a few times trying to escape from the cops.
This is why I hate 'taking turns' with people when playing games. They do shit that takes forever and fuck up my progress. Ain't nobody got time for that.

This is why I hate 'taking turns' with people when playing games. They do shit that takes forever and fuck up my progress. Ain't nobody got time for that.

It's not taking turns as such, he just likes driving. Apparently he's better at it too, although last night would prove otherwise....

I've only had chance to play about three hours so far. Made up with the car handling though- the responsiveness allows me to weave in and out of the traffic with perfect execution.

Very happy with the police this time round too. There's not a cop car on every corner, but when you do attract stars it's actually not immediately easy to lose them, and their use of ramming tactics to knock you off the road is awesome!

Jordan

I love how in some parts it is acceptable to carry around a gun, but in some parts people will call the cops and you'll become wanted.
I was in Trevor's land and I was shooting birds from the sky, nobody batted an eyelid.

I'd probably be further into the game if I didn't spend so much time playing golf.

When GTA Online arrives, and if you can do it, would people be up for Golf/Tennis when not just smashing shit and doing missions?

Symphonia

Banned
It's not taking turns as such, he just likes driving. Apparently he's better at it too, although last night would prove otherwise....
I've actually found out that women, despite being stereotyped as rubbish drivers, are actually pretty damn good - in-game, at least. I suggest you show your fella how its really done.

I've only had chance to play about three hours so far. Made up with the car handling though- the responsiveness allows me to weave in and out of the traffic with perfect execution.

Very happy with the police this time round too. There's not a cop car on every corner, but when you do attract stars it's actually not immediately easy to lose them, and their use of ramming tactics to knock you off the road is awesome!
I love that the AI for the police is much more realistic but, damn, it gets annoying being boxed in and rammed every five seconds.

I love how in some parts it is acceptable to carry around a gun, but in some parts people will call the cops and you'll become wanted.
I was in Trevor's land and I was shooting birds from the sky, nobody batted an eyelid.
Only just unlocked Trevor's 'land' but, yeah, its very much like its real-life counterpart.

8bit

Knows the Score
I'd probably be further into the game if I didn't spend so much time playing golf.

When GTA Online arrives, and if you can do it, would people be up for Golf/Tennis when not just smashing shit and doing missions?

I think it depends if you can just go all out rage and start smacking each other with golf clubs when the game isn't going to plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom